AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

Vilkas ignored the offered handkerchief as he knelt down in front of her, placing his hands gently on her shoulders. "Take it easy. No need to think about 'what if's'. Come on. Breathe and relax," he said softly. After a few moments, he gently grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet. "Let's go. I'll take you home," he stated, already leading her back.

Ruby took several deep breaths and followed him to her house. Her legs still shaking but steady and she gripped his name and arm tightly, mostly for reassurance then support. "I should be the one asking you if you're alright.... you took a few good licks back there... and gave a few to them...." She glanced up at him. "I'm not hurt... just... shaken up.... "

"I'm fine," Vilkas replied easily, letting go of Ruby as he pointed at one of the chairs in her home. "Sit. I'll get you some tea and honey to calm your nerves," he stated. Heading into the kitchen, he brought the stove fire back to life and filled the kettle with water before hanging it above the open flames. It would take some time for the liquid to heat up. While he waited, he grabbed a clay mug from one of the cabinets and placed a tea bag inside, draping the string over the edge.

Leaving the kitchen, Vilkas crouched in front of Ruby again and tilted his head slightly. "You sure you're okay? Just because you aren't hurt, doesn't mean you're mentally unaffected. If you need me to, I will listen."

Ruby had her face in her hands taking deep breaths trying to calm herself. "I didn't think he...... I never thought he...... would even try to do that... I guess.. He got tired of trying to win me over... Now I can't stop thinking about... the what if's...... I don't want to ever be in the same area alone with him!" She choked out like she was going to cry, but held it back knowing he doesn't like it when people cry, and took several gasping breaths to calm down.

"Easy now," Vilkas soothed, rubbing Ruby's shoulders. "Tomas won't hurt you. I won't let him. I promise," he said gently. "Breathe. Everything's okay." Getting up, Vilkas headed back into the kitchen as the kettle began to whistle, removing it from the open fire and pouring some of its heated contents into the waiting mug.

Setting the kettle aside to cool, he stirred a little honey into the tea before returning to Ruby and carefully handing her the mug. "Careful, it's hot. The honey will help sooth your thoughts while the tea eases your nerves. If you want, I'll stay here tonight. Duke is still out front."

Ruby took the cup and looked into its depths as if searching for strength. "Please... stay... I'll clean up the craft room, there's a cot in there and it's quite comfortable.....I trust duke but I'll feel better not being alone tonight...." She blew on the tea and took a sip. She spent a moment smelling the tea, seeming to calm down a little more and took another sip. "Thank you.." She murmurs.

Nodding, Vilkas moved to sit beside Ruby, idly rubbing her back between her shoulder blades. "Alright, I'll stay the night," he responded, pausing when he realized what he was doing. Moving his hands away from her back, he raked his fingers through his crimson hair before touching his temple where he was hit earlier. He winced inwardly, feeling the sensitive area. There was bound to be a nasty bruise tomorrow, if not now.

"Go rest. I'll have something fashioned up for dinner by the time you're awake. Okay?" Vilkas offered.

Ruby had leaned against him, eyes half closed as he rubbed her back. She got up taking her cup with her. "You sure you don't want me to look at your bruises?" She asked when she paused at the foot of the stairs leading up to her loft bedroom. Her face was hidden in the shadow of her hood.

"No. I'll be fine," Vilkas replied, motioning nonchalantly. "Get some rest. I promise I won't burn the place down and have food ready when you're awake," he continued, smiling to lighten things. He got up from where he sat, already heading to the kitchen. There had been cooked lamb leftover, last he knew, after the caravans had left. He wanted to see if there was more. If so, then he could easily warm it over the fire and add a few other items for a more complete meal.

There was lamb in the cold box in the kitchen. Ruby slowly went up to her bedroom and pulled the curtain shut behind her. She lay on her bed, using her cloak as a blanket, not wanting to mess up her bed to much. She hummed softly before falling asleep. Duke scratched at the door wanted to be let in.

[[How about a fresh interaction now?]]

Finding the leftover lamb in a cold box, Vilkas unwrapped it and placed it in a pot over the stove fire. He heard nails scratching on the door and, after checking to see that Ruby was disappearing upstairs, he moved to the door and eased it open, letting Duke run inside. "Don't want to be out there anymore, huh?" he inquired, chuckling faintly. Returning to the kitchen, he began searching for some other ingredients to add to dinner.

((Hmm.. I had something planned for later that night. After that move on to next interaction, k))

Duke trotted in and slopped his water bowl dry before laying upstairs at the foot of ruby's bed.

After dinner ruby cleaned the craft room so it wasn't so cluttered and made up the cot. She read for a little before heading to bed. Later, in the dead of night she woke in a cold sweat and bolted upright without a sound. She lights a candle and tiptoes down to her little writing desk under the loft stairs. By candle light she started drawing on a notepad she kept inside a locked drawer of the desk.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

[[|D I'm not sure what it is you want to do for this late night idea of yours. But, maybe we can get something out of it.]]

Dinner had been... mostly, without failure. Vilkas had accidentally warmed the lamb a little too long, causing the meat to be a tad chewier than desired. But, he at least didn't have any other troubles with making the meal. There wasn't a lot of conversation between him and Ruby, however, and he couldn't help but wonder what was possibly on her mind. Though, he figured it best not to press anything.

After dinner, he helped her clean up her craft room and put the cot together so he could sleep in it. Ruby then went to her own room and he settled in for sleep. It was definitely strange, sleeping in a foreign bed, but he eventually managed to slip into the grasp of unconsciousness.

Sounds dragged him to awareness and he rolled over, rubbing at his eyes to clear his vision. How long had he slept? He wasn't sure. There didn't seem to be a clock in the room so he couldn't find out what time it was. However, more noise caught his attention and he quietly climbed out of bed. Dissolving into dust, he floated down the stairs and reformed at the bottom.

Candlelight brought him around the stairs and towards where Ruby sat. "Couldn't sleep?" he asked softly, stopping a few feet away.

Ruby jumped and looked at him, her drawing was nearly complete. She was white as her night dress and eyes with a wild quality to them. "Yes.... I have had the same nightmare since I was a child...I always draw it after... it helps."

Her drawing was of a wolf, but not any normal wolf. It was huge towering over the small figure curled in the snow. It's front paws like hands, but on his right arm and left leg was stripped from flesh with only bone there. Half its ribs where also shone, and it's head had teeth that was twisted and jutting out of its bony maw as eyes black pits and a snake like tongue curled out.

"I don't know what it means. Sometimes this thing chases me...... others..... I'm running after some random girl and I'm the beast. It makes no sense to me..... this time though I was watching it. It was strange....."

((Just this,then we can move on... Lets say four days, Wednesday, and Vilkas comes for her to draw his wolf?))

Vilkas bent over her shoulder to see the drawing better, frowning slightly. "It looks like a werewolf. I read once that different elements in a dream often represent certain things going on in the dreamer's life and feelings. Wolves are typically associated with fear, anger, or survival. Werewolves, it stands to reason, could likely be nothing but fear. And, since werewolves change into regular humans you wouldn't suspect, it can only be rationalized that there is something you fear but don't know the form it takes if you're being chased by it. When you are the werewolf, there could be something about yourself that you are upset with."

He paused, rubbing the back of his neck. "I couldn't say about watching though. And, all of this is speculation. Meanings vary from person to person just based on what their subconscious might be trying to tell them."

Ruby looked at the drawing. "Maybe I'm afraid of something happening to someone close to me?" She yawned. " sorry to wake you... best be getting some sleep now... night.." She took her candle heading to her loft bedroom.

((Fyi, craft room is on main floor, it's a one story house with a little loft space she uses for a bedroom. I explained it a while back. We can skip to the next meeting, four days later, her drawing his wolf side.))

Ruby was once again in her multiple colored paint stained frock, black hair tied back, and a pencil behind her right ear. She had kept the cot made up for Vilkas if he wanted to stay again, and the craft room quite clean. The paintings and portraits where hung to dry on the wall, but the one with Tomas in it had two cloths over it still on the easel in the corner.

She had the day bed's pillows fluffed and beaten out so he can lay comfortably on it for a while, and a canvas set landscape style sat on a easel a few feet away so ruby can draw him, a stool with a soft pillow behind the easel. She scanned the room once more before stoking the fire in the little forge, keeping it hot. Now, she had to wait for him to come. Duke was in the shade of the front lawn, and was keeping watch on the front stoop.

Vilkas waved at Duke as he approached Ruby's home, lowering his hand for the dog to sniff and eat the treat that was held in his fingers. "Good boy, Duke," he complimented. Stepping up to the door, he knocked and called Ruby's name, announcing who it was. After a moment, he eased the door open and stepped inside. "Hey, Ruby. How's it going?" he asked her, looking around the room and noting the setup she had made.

"Very good, you ready for your portrait sitting wolfy?" She teased as she waved him in. Duke took the treat and lay back down. Ruby had cleaned drastically. Books were neatly stacked on the floor, leaving the furniture clear except for a couple spots on her desk and coffee table had a few books and papers stacked nicely. She tilted her head at him. "You ready? I got it all comfortable for you and I don't have any costumers coming today. ..."

Nodding, Vilkas frowned only briefly at the "wolfy" label before dissipating into ash and dust, reshaping into his canine form. Letting his long, thin tail trail across the ground behind him to prevent knocking anything over with it, he leapt onto the cushioned couch and laid down, uncertain of what Ruby wanted him to do. He tucked his paws beneath him, long tail resting against the side of the couch and draping onto the ground.

Ruby studied him and left the craft room, coming back with a brush. She carefully approached him and started smoothing out his fur, making it sleek and shine. Setting the brush aside, she took her position behind the easel and started to draw with the pencil behind her ear. After a moment she started talking softly, something she does while drawing sometimes. "Hmm... need more lines here, no, jaw is more regal then that. Marking around the eye..... more rounded... " She muttered as she drew. It took longer then she expected but she grinned at him when finished. "You my dear friend, make a handsome wolf. Look.." She turned the picture around.

It was him, but more... regal, a hint of the wolf's feral nature in little details, such as the muscle tone that made him look tense and the way his eyes where narrowed slightly. In some ways he looked curious, his head tilted slightly, tail held in a twitch like a cat's. The marks she captured in detail, putting clearer lines around them so they drew the eye naturally. "I'll paint it of course... do you like it?"

He was caught off guard when Ruby came over with a brush, stroking the bristles through his dark fur. Initially, Vilkas' body tensed, unaccustomed to the attention. However, he willed himself to relax and, soon after, Ruby stepped away and towards her easel. For a fair amount of time, he listened to her mumble, something the Form Walker didn't recall her doing last time. Well, every person had their ticks.

Finally, she grinned and removed the image for him to see. Reshaping into a human, he frowned. "Stop calling me a wolf. I'm not a wolf," he chided lightly.

Examining the drawing, he rubbed the back of his neck. "It looks good. Do I actually look like that? That... wild?" he asked her.

" I drew you exactly how I saw you. Yes, you do seem that wild. I thought you would bite me when I brushed your fur. You should take that as a compliment. I think wolves are beautiful, strong creatures that is both frightening, and captivating... I call you a wolf because you remind me of one. " She set the canvas back on it's place and got out her paints, starting to paint it carefully.

There was a retort he wanted to say but Vilkas thought it better to curb his tongue. Nodding simply, he got up and briefly watched over Ruby's shoulder as she painted before stepping away. "Would you like some tea?" he asked her, making for the kitchen. He was going to make himself some so, he figured, why not check with her to see if she wanted a mug as well.