AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

The blacksmith held a hand to his chest, muttering a prayer as Ruby approached and asked after what happened. "I'm fine, lass but I just faced the Devil's work! Someone's cursed me, I know it!" he shouted, slamming a fist against the table. "You run off and get the guardian of this town. I have to seek some Holy assistance," the man stated. He rushed back inside, shouting for Thomas to grab any piece of iron he could find.

~~~~

Vilkas slowed to a stop, bending over to catch his breath as he rested his hands against his knees. He was at the edge of the town, heart racing. Once his breathing was regulated, he stood straighter and looked around him, catching a few odd and questioning glances but otherwise unnoticed. A few people waved or called in greeting, a few others scowled at him and looked thoroughly disgusted. That was the general attitude towards him; some liked him well enough while others hated him outright.

Ruby only left to not be seen by Tomas. She got the priest and brought him to the black Smith's andd left again before she made her commission. She watched him work before and he did teach her to build a strong fire, perhaps she can make her own (there the ball bearing pellet kind). She headed back home and sighed heavily once the door was closed.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

[[short interaction but it hopefully moves the plot forward a little or at least sets it up.

Want a new interaction?

Current Tally of Interactions Vs. Number of Days Passed

6 interactions in 12 days.]]

[[sure, go ahead and start. Do you want me to bring Vilkas in at the beginning or have him come in awhile after the Tomas thing has started?]]

[[Alright.]]

Why was he visiting? He wasn't too certain. Chalking it up to simply seeing how Ruby was doing, Vilkas reached her home, lightly knocking with his knuckles against the hard wood. It'd been a week since he had to restore his body, since he was almost caught. The poor blacksmith was up practically day and night, making certain no one else had cursed him. Even when the Priest had mumbled prayers and done rituals, the man was just a little paranoid.

"Ruby? You up? It's Vilkas," he called, waiting for her to answer the door. He hadn't met her in the woods this past Thursday so didn't he didn't know if Ruby received any further trouble from Grandma. Or if Grandma spoke to Ruby about him.

Still, he wanted to verify that she was doing alright and hadn't been hurt like the week before.

Barking sounded at the door but no answer. After a few minutes the door opened and ruby turned around. "Come in...... Out back... close door please.. " She was breathing heavily as she went through the home and out back where she stoked a large fire and was making her iron bullets. Soot lined her nose and her hands where not made for this work was dry and cracked. "Smith, seemed a little out of sorts, so.... I put to use my brain and tried my hand at this..... it took me a few days, I didn't see granny, I don't want to talk to that old woman, still upset from her rant. She used to listen to me..... but.. it seems now she doesn't..."

Stepping inside, Vilkas shut the door behind him as requested, following Ruby to the back where she was attempting to make bullets apparently. Frowning in concern, he examined the set up and rubbed the back of his head. "Have you at least taken appropriate breaks from this?" he asked, picking up one of Ruby's finished attempts. It was crude but he could see improvement when compared to (believed) earlier ones. Setting the bullet back down, he stepped towards her and rested his hands on her shoulders. "Why didn't you ask me for some help?" he wondered, idly rubbing off a streak of ash from her sleeve.

At her rambling about Grandma, the Form Walker paused. "Giving her some space sounds like a good idea. Don't stress about her, though. She is old and grumpy after all." A light smirk, intended to lift her mood. Shrugging, he stuffed his hands into his pant pockets. "Anyways, wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing."

"I need a break every hour.. it's hard work! I asked around for where you lived, but some people who don't like you yelled at me and told me some hateful things, and those who did, they didn't know where you lived. I was getting a little worried... " She went to a hand pump and worked it till water came out then washed her hands and face and drying them on a towel.

"I'm fine, you know I can handle myself... it was you I was concerned over, although your so gangly and skinny the wild animals would leave you alone, but the others I talked too made threats, and I don't want you hurt." She stopped and blushed at this hiding her face by turning to the wood.

Vilkas shrugged again, appearing nonchalant. "Not everyone is going to like a person. 'sides, any of the threats you might have heard were idle," he responded, glancing at Ruby briefly. "Thanks for the concern though. If you'd like, we can set it up where I'll linger awhile in the market square around noon every day in case you want to find me. Otherwise, I'll just find you," he offered.

Chuckling faintly, he lightly poked her shoulder. "I'm here now. Let me make you something to eat and, after you've caught your breath, I'll help you make some bullets. Not brilliant at it myself but we might as well learn together. How's that sound?"

Ruby nodded. "That sounds great, thank you." She rubbed her shoulder and turns around pokeing him in the ribs. "Perhaps I can give you some food so you can get more meat on those bones!" She smirked then headed inside. " The market it too crowded got me, how about the strawberry patch nerve here? The old man who owns the place let's me pick the strawberries only if he gets a shortcake made out of them. When I spoke to him, he seemed to like you well enough, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Strawberry patch it is then," Vilkas smiled, giving a mock start when Ruby poked him in the ribs. Following her inside, he slipped by into the kitchen and began to examine her supplies. "Is there anything off limits today? Want to make sure I'm not using something you were holding on to," he stated, turning his bright amber gaze upon her for an answer.

After whatever answer she provided him with, Vilkas returned his focus to making some food. He grabbed a few different herbs for seasoning and a small handful of ingredients. Additionally, he took out a pot and a pan, filling the former with some water to start boiling and a layer of oil into the latter. Into the pan went the bit of meat he had grabbed and into the pot went some vegetables. It was somewhat cool outside so a stew was on his mind.

Hopefully he wouldn't have any mishaps. Cooking wasn't something he did often as it wasn't necessary but, he still had to learn a few things.

"Just the baking things.... Basel is good for stew, and that's dill, you don't want that, that's used for pickling vegetables..." She was leaning against the wall, letting him cook but giving him pointers every once in a while. "Don't salt the meat, it drys out beef. Black pepper is better, it's in the spice rack on your right, you'll have to grind it. That's mint, try parsley, it's ground and labeled on the shelf."

Vilkas laughed, pausing in his task and pointing a spoon at her. "You want to cook this meal? I'll let you. But I'd much prefer it if you just got over here and helped me," he remarked, grinning warmly. "If you can teach me proper today, I'll do better next time." A chuckle.

Shaking his head, he went about making the corrections that Ruby had instructed, grabbing out additional items and putting back a few of what he originally grabbed. "To be honest, I'm not much of a cook. Least, not a fancy one. I just do what's necessary and mostly disregard the rest," he stated.

Ruby laughed and walked over to him. "Fine I'll teach you. Now parsley is strong so take a pinch and sprinkle to around on the meat, the meat gets the flavor and when you add the meat, the stew gets it. Cook the meat until it's mostly brown, once on the pot, it would brown faster and soak up the flavor of the veggies." She smiled.

[[i'm assuming you'll be controlling Tomas?]]

Vilkas took a step to the side to allow Ruby room as she instructed him on what to do, showing him a few of the steps and simply telling others. Nodding, he followed along and did his best to commit the information to memory. Once done with the initial steps, a bit of waiting was necessary. Wiping off his hands with a towel, the male grinned. "It smells good already," he stated, mouth watering a bit.

Stepping out of the kitchen, he took a seat to wait in, leaning back and clasping his hands behind his head. "How many bullets do you need to make?" Vilkas asked.

Ruby sat beside him. "Twenty five. But my attempts are not very good so I have been reusing my failed attempts. Let's hope it's as good as it smells.."

(Yes)

At that moment the door opened and a man as wide as the door slipped in, heavy boots hitting the wood planks with a solid sound. He had a leather skin pants on and a black cotton shirt, brown hair smoothed back flecked with light streaks from the sun. Tan skin and eyes so dark they looked black. He was handsome, high cheek bones, round chin clean shaven, with the air of authority around him. He looked around twenty-four or twenty-five years old. "Maddie are you alright? Grandma told me you didn't visit her-....... What are you doing here?" His deep voice sounded loud in the small cabin, and his eyes narrowed on Vilkas.

Ruby got up and Duke growls from his place by the fire. "I didn't invite you here Tomas. Go home... and don't ever call me Maddie. Only my Father could call me that." The man though ignored her and strode inside towering over the other man. "You better leave here and never bother my Maddie again kid. ""You are the only one bothering me! Oh... men..." She huffed and looked at Vilkas. "He always ignores me when I'm with another guy. This is Tomas.... who better leave before I get my gun."

[[Relax. It had only been a day. I promise, I'm not going to forget a thread in 24 hours. Juggling school, homework, social life, and about 24 active RP threads.]]

Twenty-five was a good sum. Vilkas nodded, trying to imagine how long it should take between the two of them. Before he could truly respond, an unexpected guest simply barged in. "I know who Tomas is. Kind of hard not to," the male shrugged, unintimidated by the older man's bulk. "Then again, I don't think much about a rat who still lives with his parents," he retorted.

"See, the key thing here, Ruby, is to just ignore him in turn." Standing, Vilkas strode towards the cooking food and idly stirred the stew. "Food should be about ready. Where do you keep your bowls?" he asked her, practically treating Tomas as if he weren't there. "What do you want for a drink, too?"

[[i know, but I'll be leaving soon, it's in my signature, i don't know when I'd be able to rp again.]]

Ruby shrugged and followed him into the kitchen. "Bowls are in the cupboard to your left, cups just below it. Would you like some tea or coffee? I think I have some grounds, it's expensive to get, but if you would like to have some I can make it."

Tomas didn't take being ignored nor that insult very well. He followed him into the kitchen making it crowded and grabbed the back of his neck dragging Vilkas through the house out to the front. At the doorway he threw him out into the dirt. "nobody ignores me, and no one insults me with out paying the price." He stalked towards him until he heard the cocking of a shot gun, stopping two steps away from Vilkas. "One more step and I'll shoot you in the backside, kinda hard to miss it, it's so big. You won't be able to sit for weeks. I still got a couple bullets left." "Stay out of this ruby this is between men" "Really? All I see is a big baby throwing a fit because someone called him a name and a man who just wants to be left alone and eat a hot meal."

[[Alright, fair enough.]]

His hackles raised at the unwanted touch, a growl finding its way out through his lips. As Tomas grabbed Vilkas and attempted to drag him out, the male reached his hands back, gripping the other man's wrist and arm tightly, preventing him from being thrown into the dirt outside. When the cocking of a gun resonated in his ears, he paused and listened while Ruby threatened the bigger man.

Focusing on the exchange made Vilkas forgetful, not realizing he was still growling as his grip tightened. His nails seemed to sharpen faintly, digging into Tomas' arm to the point of drawing blood. After a few moments, his lips parted. "I can handle this, Ruby. Your help is appreciated but, I need to fend Tomas off myself," he said slowly, his voice rough and deeper.

"You're a big man, Tomas, but you've a small brain. Small assets too, I'm sure," Vilkas went on, still insulting the man. "Why else would you carry a big ego around you?" he pressed, a toothy smirk flashing across his face, sharpened teeth unnoticeable with everyone at his back. "You might know how to muscle your way through a lot of things but, that doesn't make you a good fighter."

As if to emphasize this claim, Vilkas rammed a foot back and up, intending to catch Tomas in the groin with his heel. The resulting release of his neck would give the Form Walker room to twist around, driving his knee into the other man's stomach. At the same time, he grabbed for Tomas' head with one hand, aiming to strike across his opposite temple with his elbow.

"A little advice? Don't grab my neck."

Tomas winced as the nails dug into his skin then yelped caught off guard and doubled over with the kick to the groin and to his stomach, the strike to his head would've knocked him out if he didn't have such a thick skull but it did daze him. He lay on the ground groaning.

As soon as Vilkas said Tomas had a small brain.... and .... the other thing, she dropped her gun with a clatter going scarlet faced and pressing both hands tented around her mouth and nose trying not to laugh. When he totally took down Tomas though, she couldn't help it and burst out in a loud infectious, witches cackle mixed with the high pitched yapping of a hyena's laugh. She was on the floor laughing so hard she snorted, then laughed harder until she clutched her belly and was gasping trying to stop. That should but the big man in his place!

Tomas recovered but his voice was higher pitched still. "I will get you for that.... " He threatened and limped away, zigzaging slightly, still dazed.

As Ruby collapsed into laughter and Tomas fled on unstable legs, Vilkas rubbed his face, quickly regaining control of his human appearance with teeth dulling and nails shortening again. Stepping towards the young woman, he crouched down and grabbed the gun, handing it back to her. "Well, fun's over. Hopefully he'll leave you alone for awhile by trying to get back at me," he remarked, a faint chuckle on his lips.

Holding out a hand, he offered her help to get to her feet. Whether she would take that help or not, he wasn't certain. "My appetite is definitely worked up. How about yours?" he asked rhetorically. "I'd like some of that tea you offered earlier, please."

Ruby caught her breath and giggled a little, taking his hand and lettering pull her up. "Yes... I have, oh... I haven't laughed like that since the time my dad tied one of the dogs to his ladder when fixing the roof, and the dog pulled it out from under him and he landed in the compost heap!" She giggled again as she hung the pot over the fire. She got to cups ready. "Mint or grey? I have my orange cinnamon spice, it's my special blend..."