AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

Redxwolf rp, kinda obvious...

Plot: (start with the meeting of the two.) On the way to a elderly women's home, everyone in the village calls her grandma, Ruby gets lost in the forest. Would someone help her find her way?

(Later on.) Ruby is almost always in the woods.... until she is forced to stay at her home at the edge of the village when animals and people alike are being found torn up by wolves, and worse, a certain wolf is being blamed for the deaths. Hunters have been called.... what would they do?

(The wolf can have a shift from and/or ears and tail as a human. I would like a person to be good about posting on here please.. that's my only requirement))

User: Aroara

Name: Ruby

Personality: Adventurous and bold. More in rp

Looks: Ruby, ignore the wolf

Height- 5' 7"

Other: She is competitive and athletic, she bakes, and knows how to shoot well. Packs a shot gun for safety.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Wait.....was the 'be good about posting' thing implied to me?

No offense, huh....*remebers*

Oh Tulvir the poor babe! Sorry, had really bad writers block for that rp! Will write a response now!

No

Honestly, you need an RP without me tagging along. Although, I WILL stalk, because I love anything wolfish :3

Okay, since it's all good, here's Vilkas.

Username: Narvix

Name: Vilkas

Personality: Vilkas likes to be immersed in a light atmosphere with eased companions. He gets nervous easily and so prefers to avoid any sort of tension, choosing (more often) to flee than stand his ground. By this, he isn't aggressive at heart and would rather be merry than angry. There is a sense of curiosity within him that drives him to understand new things, especially new people. The more complex something is, the more curious he becomes.

Appearance: Wolf Form [Approximately the size of and average to large wolf.] Vilkas stands at about 6' tall with wiry limbs and bony shoulders. His hair is a tousled, medium-short, crimson color while his eyes are a bright amber, almost yellow-orange resting on an angular face. His skin is light but tanned without many blemishes beyond a few scars that are scattered about his body. His hands are soft with long, nimble fingers, and his nails sometimes sport a crimson polish. For attire, he prefers to wear loose clothing with long sleeved shirts of dark colors and faded pants. Often, his shirts sport a tear or two in one of the shoulders. Glasses rest upon the bridge of his nose with simple, black, frames. On his feet reside worn shoes or boots.

Other: Referred to as a werewolf or demon, Vilkas is actually what is called a Form Walker. True, he can only assume the shape of a human or wolf. However, he is neither a demon nor a werewolf. Form Walkers are similar to normal shape shifters except that they are born from dirt and dust. Additionally, Form Walkers have markings and other physical differences in their non-human shape. It's not yet known what the markings represent but there are rumors that describe the markings as symbols of the Walker's past and future.

Ruby swung her shot gun strap over her shoulders, fixing the red hood as she walked out of her humble home at the edge of a small close knit village. She adjusts the basket filled with muffins and rolls for the village elder, who lived in the forest, and loved getting visitors, and sweets, so Ruby was a frequent guest at her home.

Stepping on the dirt path and breathing in the clean forest air, still cool and the mid morning light shines through the trees, she followed the path, then stopped once she reached a bend that followed a small stream. "Hmm, if I go through here, i could be there by mid day and be back before nightfall..... worth a shot. " She jumped from stone to stone nimbly across the stream, her hood falling showing her raven black hair hued with blue in spots, and her light leaf green eyes focused intensely on getting across. On the other side now she marched into the thick trees in the .... direction she thought was correct, and slowly getting more lost by the hour, and soon it was a little passed midday, and no cottage in sight. She punched a tree in her frustration yelping and kissing her bleeding knuckles as she sat in the grass. "Now what do I do?!"

"Well, hitting the tree wouldn't be a good start."

The voice drifted down from a nearby branch, the limb swaying as a tall figure climbed to a lower one. Leaves rustled with the movement, trickles of sunlight breeching through the scattered gaps of the canopy. "You look lost. Trying to find your way home, Red?"

Booted feet thumped against the forest floor, twigs snapping and dry leaves crunching under the landing. Bright amber eyes blinked slowly, shifting down and up as the wiry looking male examined the girl. Spying the basket, he inhaled deeply and smirked faintly. "Ah, wait. You're that kid who brings food to ol' Grandma here. Aren't ya?" he inquired, recognizing her. Well, it sort of was hard not to given how frequently he spotted her red cloak and hood between trees. "Let me guess, you were playing around and lost your way to Grandma's?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.

Ruby pulled the basket closer to her. "No I thought I take a short cut and got lost...." She stood up slightly shorter then he was and glared at him. She was slender, but clearly athletic, body built like a runners, arms strong from taking her frustration out while wood cutting, her dark purple dress rivaled her Tom boyish attitude. "Who are you? Obviously I'm armed, and I can shoot well too. And I'm not a child, you're lucky my hand hurts or I would have slapped you for saying that I was. Wait... have you been watching me?" She took a step back from the strange boy clutching her basket to her. Her knuckles where slowly starting to swell, she really hit the tree hard and did some damage to her hand.

"Watching you? No," the male answered, chuckling. He seemed unbothered by her possible threat, combing fingers through his crimson hair. "I split my time between the village and the forest so I see you walking sometimes," he stated, his smirk becoming crooked.

Scratching the side of his jaw, the young man clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Name's Vilkas, Red," he introduced, gaze falling to her offended hand. "You're hand's not looking too happy. Let me patch you up, then I'll show you the way to Grandma's," he offered, voice growing gentle.

Ruby studied him carefully before looking down at her hand, now turning a dull green yellow color. "My name is Ruby........ I haven't seen you in the village... ....... " her voice lost it's harsh tone, she would have to be a fool to not accept his help. Her hand she could bandage on her own, but she had to get to grandma's before sundown; night is where the dark creatures and bandits are about. Not even a shot gun would hold them at bay. She eased herself down on the grass and held out her bruised hand. "Stupid of me, let's just say my passion bubbles close to the surface on certain things. Being stupid and leaving the path is one of them.."

Moving a hand to grab free a small pouch from his pant pocket, Vilkas sat in front of Ruby and gently took hold of her battered hand when it was offered to him. "Not many notice me, really," he replied casually, pulling the cord untied with his teeth and removing a tiny bottle. "This might sting a little," he warned, opening the bottle and dripping the clear liquid over her injured hand.

Setting the bottle down, he bunched up the edge of his sleeve and slowly dabbed at the bleeding wounds. "This will keep away infection," Vilkas informed, giving back Ruby's hand once he was done. Getting to his feet, he placed the bottle back into the pouch and the pouch back into his pocket. "Come on, then. Let's get you to Grandma's." Motioning for her to stand up and follow him, the young man began walking.

"Getting lost doesn't mean you're stupid. You only wanted to find a faster route," he said, glancing over his shoulder and smiling slightly.

[[i don't know if you intend to do a Time Skip or anything.]]

Edited by Narvix

(No just develop their relationship until the second part of the plot)

Ruby flinched when the clear liquid was dropped on her hand. She got up and followed him. "True but the path never let anyone astray either." She was silent for a few steps. "You're lucky you go unnoticeable, everyone sees me. It's annoying.... " She keeps her eyes on the trees avoiding any eye contact with him.

Vilkas shrugged. "Maybe it's the cloak and hood? After all, red is a pretty noticeable color...," he stated, trailing off. "Sure, going unnoticed has some perks but, so does being noticed." The male shrugged again, clasping his hands behind his back. "I was told once, that if you spent every day following a trail someone else laid down, you'll never get to discover new things...."

Grass, leaves, and twigs crunched or snapped under foot as Vilkas walked, guiding Ruby through the forest. He debated on whether he should show her back to the woodland trail and leave her from there or continue with showing her a shortcut to Grandma's cottage. Glancing up, he figured it was better to just make a shortcut. There was still some distance to the lonely cottage needing to be traveled and Ruby might wish to be home before tomorrow.

And, it wasn't always safe to be walking alone in the woods.

"Have you considered passing this job off to someone else? Don't the woods frighten you a bit?"

"I know, but... my mom made it for me... " She kicked a rock. "But now, everyone sees me as a fragile China doll, they baby me and I don't like it, and the guys don't know when to quit. ... That saying sounds familiar..." Ruby fixed her hood. "No, the woods never scared me. It's the things that come out at night that do. But no, my mom was the best baker in the village, and this was her job, now I have it. when I have a daughter, I would walk her there every day just like my mother would until she is old enough to go on her own."

"They baby you but let you have a shotgun?" An eyebrow arched as Vilkas glanced back at the girl, shrugging his shoulders. "Okay, so the woods don't scare you except at night and this was formerly your mother's responsibility. But, didn't you ever want a different job?" he asked, curious. "Plus, what happens if Grandma dies? There'd be no use in coming to the woods each day then."

He paused now, turning a bit to look at Ruby. "Or, what if your daughter doesn't want this job and, instead, aspires to be something else?" Turning back to continue walking again, he combed his fingers through his hair once more. "And, what if you have a son instead?"

A handful of questions, each following the previous one with hardly a few moments of thought. "Ah, guess it doesn't matter anyways. More important thing is whether you want to get home by tonight."

"The villagers baby me not my dad, it was his gun. He wanted a son, got me instead, toughened me up. The woman in my family only hand girls, and this isn't a full time thing, once a week I come out here, so she can do other things. I would prefer to be back, but I would stay the night if I have to. And if she dies, I would be moving in to her house to take care of it and use it as my own hide away."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "You ask a lot of questions. Curious boy... well, what about you? Why do you spend so much time in the woods? Don't you know it isn't safe being unarmed when alone? I have never seen yellow eyes like yours, ... ever.. or red hair that color crimson. You're not natural are you?" She studied him again, but ... She showed no sign of fear of him, nervousness yes, uncertainty in whether to trust him or not..... but not fear.

Vilkas chuckled, shaking his head. "Well, just because one gender seems to be more common in a family line, doesn't mean that it's the only gender to be born. I mean, you have other family lines being mixed in with each generation. Correct? Unless your family weds within itself?" Waving his hand as if dismissing his words, the male kept walking, listening to Ruby speak. "At least your dad had some proper sense to teach you a few things."

A smirk crossed his face at Ruby's questioning, noting her narrowed gaze. "Who ever said I was unarmed?" he inquired, at ease. "I'd say my eyes are more amber than yellow but, they are a tad light in color so, I can see your confusion. I assure you, Little Red, I'm wholly natural...." The smirk changed into a grin, his gaze steady with hers. "I like being in the woods when I'm not around other people. Not a big fan of tension, so the woods provide a constant level of peace I can retreat to."

"My great-great-great-grandma gave birth to ten children... all girls, only men marry into my direct line. I would sat they are amber gold, and I say they are unnatural because it is like looking into the eyes of a wolf. My father was a smart man, of course he had some sense."

She hat stopped next to him holding his gaze. "Then I guess we share a mutual feeling about the woods, I admire it's beauty, you it's peace. Now if you don't mind I like to be there before sundown."

Vilkas laughed, bowing slightly. "Aye, Milady. We're walking, we're walking. You'll be at Grandma's in a short while. When you're finished at her house, I'll walk you back to the edge of the woods so you can get home," he remarked, looking forward again.

Pursing his lips, the male hummed briefly in thought, listening momentarily to the crunch of their footsteps. "Everyone sees something different in another's gaze. Some truly believe eyes are the gateway to someone's soul. Do you believe that?" he asked Ruby, briefly glancing at her with a side-long gaze. "Ah, anyways, you mentioned that you only visit Grandma once a week. Right? What do you do on the other six days then?"

[[is there a set amount of time you want to pass before they reach the cottage and then leave?]]

((Around two in the afternoon (read that wrong, about an hour.. She was really lost walking in a circle. It's spring almost summer so the days are long they reached the cottage when you post, they will leave around three thirty. it's late here. I'm heading to bed. Night))

"Actions are the gateway, eyes are a window to their heart, that is what I believe. So many thoughts and feelings can be expressed by simply looking at someone. I bake and sell what I made in the town sometimes.... that's only two days, the other four.... "She smirked this time. "You would think it silly and others dangerous what I do, even the men in the village who try to flirt with me try and get me to stop but to no avail."

At this she looked determined and her back ridged as if just saying that was a dare to keep at.. . Whatever she was doing.

[[Okay. Let me make sure I read correctly.

In this current post, they'll reach the cottage. Yes?

I'll leave my post ambiguous in terms of setting in case I have the wrong understanding.]]

"Ah, you're going to leave me with a cliffhanger, are you?" Vilkas tsk'd lightly, smiling with humor in his gaze. "Very well, I'll bite. What is it you do on the remaining four days? What would make you think I'd believe it silly but the others would believe it dangerous?" he inquired, tilting his head.

Honestly, he hadn't heard of her take before, what with actions being the way to someone's soul and eyes looking at the heart. However, he could understand her reasoning. "I'll wait outside for you at Grandma's cottage. Depending on her mood, she doesn't always like having me around," he chuckled faintly, shaking his head.

Edited by Narvix

(You were correct...

She smiled. "I study. Sometimes it's drawing, others reading the works of philosophers like Plato, of inventors like da Vinci. Sometimes I write my own theories, most of the time I observe. People, animals, anything. Men don't want a woman to be smarter then they are, women shouldn't be taught mathematics and politics. You would deem it silly for you are like me, curious about things, that's why you ask so many questions, others deem it dangerous for a woman should not ask such questions, to do such studies is considered unnatural... but I assure you," she pivoted on her heel giving him the exact look he gave her before, with a crooked smile and everything. "Little wolf, I am wholly natural."

And with that she skipped ahead starting to recognize this part."grandma never mentioned you to me, she talks about all her visitors.." She called back to him.

"Ah, but see? That's the difference between you and I; I didn't suggest that you were anything less than natural," Vilkas retorted, his smile not reaching ear to ear. Standing straighter and rolling his shoulders. "Well, I'm an average guy. Nothing outstanding about me. It's likely she doesn't remember all of the visits she receives or you just didn't recognize something she said about me," he remarked, unbothered.

Stopping a few yards away from the cottage, he watched as Ruby neared the quiet home by herself, folding his arms across his chest.

Ruby tilted her head. "I remember everything." She said before she walked to and entered the home. She was inside for two hours, before leaving and walked over to him. "I saved some brownies and bread rolls for you as a thanks. " She handed him the basket and started walking, following the exact path they took before to the spot where she hurt her hand, which now looked a purple color but seemed to be healing.

He sat in wait, making himself comfortable in the branches of a tree that overlooked the cottage. Minutes ticked by and Vilkas found himself dozing, back leaning against the trunk while one of his legs draped over a branch. He could hear the females' chattering, raspy laughter bubbling up from the cottage now and then. A wooden door creaked open and Vilkas stirred, looking down to see Ruby starting to leave.

Climbing down, the male remained by the tree until the cottage door had shut and the girl was starting to walk, speaking as she passed her basket over to him. He took it without a word and paused, inspecting the remaining contents before following. "That's kind of you but you needn't thank me," he replied. Pointing at her hand, he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Grandma didn't bandage that up for you?" he asked.