AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

This time ruby stiffened when he held her. This wasn't like him... she had to admit this felt nice. It's been awhile since she had someone hold her like this. She relaxed gradually and slipped away from him looking at her feet to hide her blush. "I haven't eaten anything yet. I have a meal prepared though.. I have to premake my meals with my arm like this... all you have to do is put everything together in the water." She lead him to the kitchen and for out what he needed for the dinner. She then paused and looked at him. "Wait, what is with you? You never agree with me... nor do you hold me. Vilkas...are you sick or something?" She asked half joking half concerned and serious about her question.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Vilkas rolled his eyes, smirking. "What? I'm not allowed to protect you when you ask me to?" he retorted. He had ignored her blush (or maybe he missed it entirely) and followed her into the kitchen, taking the prepped food as she pointed it out for him. He shrugged, growing serious again. "You're frightened. It wouldn't be right of me to just leave you in such a state. I'd be as bad as Tomas then," he stated, setting up the cookware he needed. The Walker shook his head, turning to glance at Ruby. "Is it really that surprising to you?" he asked, frowning slightly.

"Yes, you always say that you can handle yourself and move away when I touch you, even by accident. The first time I grabbed your hand for support you looked like you were going to rip off my fingers. " she said deadly serious. "Its odd to me. I'm probably just speculating again. I'll let you cook..." she left the kitchen to sit down and read again.

She likely was speculating. Vilkas frowned at her claims as he didn't ever recall having such reactions to her accidentally touching him or holding him for support. Idly scratching his chin, he shrugged off the idea a moment later. It really wasn't important. Ruby walked off to read, leaving him alone in the kitchen to cook.

Eventually, he was finished with the food and tea, serving a portion of the meal onto a plate for Ruby to enjoy. "Alright, supper time!" he hummed with anxious excitement. He'd been getting better over the weeks but he wasn't brilliant yet. At the very least, he hoped the meal was edible; it smelt good and made his mouth water. He carried the plate and mug over to Ruby, fork tucked under his thumb. "I don't think I cooked it too long," he mumbled, pursing his lips with momentary thought.

Ruby checked the meat by pulling it apart with the fork before tasting the stew. She tilted her head and nodded. "Your lessons paid off. If you need a job you can work with me. I sell paintings now, but I sweeten the deal sometimes with cookies or cake for birthdays or parties. I can definitely use a extra hand cleaning too. " She looked at her arm in the sling as she took another bite of dinner.

"I can help. No need to pay though," Vilkas replied, beginning to serve himself a portion. Once done, he moved to sit next to Ruby. "There's some stew left over so you should have an easier time fashioning up a meal. But, I'll probably have to help you make dinner," he stated, chuckling faintly. "Your arm should be better in a couple more weeks but, even then, you'll probably have to take it easy since it'll be weaker." He shrugged, consuming a few spoonfuls of his meal. "Is there anything you need cleaned? I can work on that tomorrow so I'm not so bored or in your way," he smirked.

"You'll never be a bore to me Vilkas! If you can organize some papers,for me that'll be a major help. And I'm... I'll show you where the bedding is so you can make it up on the cot...." She said scraping the bottom of her bowl. "And dishes? Please? I wouldn't want to be a bother to you. I really could use the help and company..."

He chuckled, nodding. "Sure thing," he replied. Reaching for her empty bowl, he took the dish away and headed back to the kitchen. At the sink, he briefly ran the water and rinsed out the bowls, setting them aside for further cleaning at a later time. "Maybe get some sleep? You need as much rest as you can get. If you need something in the night, you'd be okay to wake me," he stated. Idly rubbing the back of his neck, Vilkas returned to the couch and sat down beside Ruby once more, leaning back against the cushion. "You think maybe I can bring the Walker back to humanity?"

Edited by Narvix

Ruby shook his head at his first question. She wouldn't sleep until he was settled in. She tilted her head in consideration of his second question. "Perhaps, if you can encounter it when isn't attacking anything or anyone is around. I want you to be careful and mindful of traps though. These people are looking for you too now. I don't want to lose you as well..." She said quietly, looking at her lap.

"Yes, Mother," Vilkas joked, smirking playfully as Ruby reminded him about the traps. Growing serious again, he nodded once. "Don't worry. I'm harder to take down than you credit me for but, I promise to keep an eye out for them," he replied. A yawn pulled itself free and he stifled it, swallowing the rest of it back. "Well, maybe we both should get some sleep now. It is getting late," the Form Walker stated.

[[And I'm running out of ideas to keep the conversation going. |D It never really was my strongest point in writing.]]

Ruby nodded and got the things for his cot and hugged him , murmuring her thanks at him staying (and hiding her own yawn) before heading to bed herself.

((You can set up next interaction now. I'm out of ideas too))

((Well I would like to see what you want to happen. We have hunters building new traps, a monster trying to get people. Ruby scared out of her wits, and Vilkas wanting to rehabilitate a rogue walker. The walking is a npc like the hunters. You can take charge of it. But you decide where you want to go. The plot is on track either way so you pick))

[[Hmm, well, since the main plot is on track... Maybe we take a side step and try working on their relationship a bit further? It might be time for Vilkas to start getting a clue aha.]]

((Fine with me! Maybe at some point (just to keep it going in the background) the hunter who questioned him about being alone and such questions ruby and Vilkas overheard it somehow? (She was having him weed her garden or something?) Sound good))

[[sure, that'll work.]]

Rolling over in the cot, he slowly opened his groggy eyes, sitting up as he rubbed at them. For a moment, he tried to recount what day it was. It only took him seconds to recognize being in Ruby's home, staying the night. Actually, it had been his third night staying? Something like that. He didn't really know why he stayed as long as he did but he chalked it up to helping Ruby feel safer during the night.

Yawning and stretching out his body, he finally climbed out of bed and silently walked through the house, getting tea started in the kitchen. It was early still and he didn't want to wake Ruby just yet so he settled on tidying up a few things around her home, if only to keep himself busy. There was weeding to do today but he wasn't acquainted with where she kept her garden tools so, until she was awake enough for him to ask, he couldn't work on it yet.

Once the water was ready, Vilkas poured the hot water into a mug and began steeping a tea bag. As forethought, he pulled out another mug and tea bag, setting it aside for Ruby if she wanted any.

Ruby was up and struggling to dress with her broken arm. When she finally managed to slip into a tunic and skirt she went down from her loft and, with a yawn, put out duke to do his business.

"Good morning Vilkas." She said googly, rubbing her eyes. As she did so she moved back to the kitchen and bumped the doorway. "I'm fine. I haven't seen my house so spotless in a long time." She sat in her chair in the living room. Dry firewood was in the grate, more in a small stack beside the fire place. Her shelves organized, papers either nicely stacked on her desk or filed away in the drawers beneath it. She snoozed a little bit before waking again, and trying to shake the sleep away. "I'll have a cup of tea too please. Oh.. and there should be fresh eggs in the cupboard if you want to make any for yourself. I think I'll stick with the tea and a biscuit this morning." She got up again and swiped a roll from the basket in the table.

"Ah, morning. How'd you sleep last night?" Vilkas greeted, turning to look over his shoulder and faintly wincing as she collided with the doorway. As she muttered that she was alright, the Form Walker hummed slightly but pushed the matter out of his mind. "Thought you might want some, already have a mug for you," he stated, pouring water in the mug he had set aside before passing it over when she moved to grab a bread roll. He rubbed the back of his nick, smiling briefly at her mention about the cleanliness of her home. "It wasn't the much of a mess to begin with. All I did was store away some papers and books," he said, chuckling.

There wasn't much need for him to respond about the eggs; he was set on getting some fresh meat and eating it raw later. Just the thought of it, however, made his mouth water momentarily. Shaking his head, he sipped at his mug. "Now that you're up... Where will I find your gardening tools? I'm going to tackle the weeds in your backyard. I should be able to get them done before lunch. After that, I'll wait a couple hours before tending to your front yard."

Ruby took the cup gratefully and took a sip as she opened a window inn the dinning room. "In the shed over by the tomatoes. It's small, but well organized like my kitchen you'll even find gloves on a shelf in there. Thank you for the tea..." She smiled softly as she opened the kitchen window too to let in some fresh air. "It's a bit stuffy in here, and it isn't too windy outside. I think I'll leave these open for a bit. It smells like dog in here...." She flushed, flinching. "Like Duke, not you. Definitely isn't you. Youactuallysmellnice..... I'll be in the living room..." She said in a rush as she hurried out of the kitchen as fast as she could without spilling her tea or dropping the biscuit in her mouth. She went to her desk and ate, hiding under the stairs.

Vilkas grinned, laughing a moment later as Ruby hurried to cover her tracks to avoid insulting him. "Don't worry about it, I know what you mean. 'sides, I'm considered a wolf," he snickered, watching her retreat. Finishing his tea, he rinsed out the mug and set it next to the counter. Exiting the kitchen, he made his way outside towards the shed and briefly searched the interior until he found what he needed. From there, he glanced around the backyard and picked an area to start with, digging into the ground to uproot the weeds.

Perhaps an hour or so passed before a knock resounded on the front door. Jordon stood in wait, brown hair ruffled from fingers raking through it and dark eyes examining the grain of the wood before him. "Miss Ruby? Are you home?" the man called.

Ruby had finished her breakfast and managed to rinse out her cup. She was currently looking over her requests for painting so when her arm heals she can knock off the easy ones when the knock came. She got up and peeked through the door. Not seeing Tomas, she opened it wider. "Yes, can I help you?" She asked with a tilt to her head. Inviting him inside and to sit down. "I'm sorry, I would offer you a drink but it's difficult with.." She waved to her arm in the sling.

The man stepped inside with Ruby's offer, moving to stand near the couch and survey the tidy home. Clearing his throat, he focused his gaze upon the girl. "That's alright, no need," Jordon replied, smiling gratefully for the thought nevertheless. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jordon; I'm one of the hunters hired to get rid of the creature that attacked you and others. I was curious if you'd be willing to answer some of my questions regarding the attack you suffered?" he asked her, voice gentle. Briefly, he took the liberty to further examine the room around him, taking in the smaller details.

She stiffened slightly. "I wouldn't mind but there isn't much I remember. I saw the thing briefly before it chased me and I got caught in that trap. Have a seat, I'll tell you what you want to know if I can recall it." She waved to the couch as she placed the paper she was looking at on the stack on her desk. Nothing much stood out except the thick philosophy books on her overcrowded shelves and the dog figurines on the mantle piece. The hazel eyed grey wolf painting was above the fireplace looking ready to pounce out of the canvas. Her room was closed off with the curtain.

He noticed her faint stiffening but didn't allow himself to betray that fact. Instead, Jordon smiled reassuringly, warmly. "It's alright. If you don't remember something or couldn't see it clearly, I won't fault you. Being attacked is surely a frightening experience, believe me - and I'm a seasoned hunter," the man chuckled softly. Taking a seat, he made himself comfortable before starting on his questions. "Tell me, what do you recall of the events? Don't spare me from any small detail, it might be important to discerning the creature's habits."

Ruby remained standing. "Well I went out armed and with my hunting dog for something to draw, one of the ladies wanted me to draw a mouse for her daughter's grave... I like my art to be realistic so I found a mouse and started drawing. About five minutes later it wasn't there, and everything was really quite. I saw something in the bushes, it looked like a wolf. I raised a wolf pup before and around hunting dogs -I knew running wasn't always the best thing- and I backed up slowly as it came out of the bushes. It was black with blue eyes... these.. things growing off of it. It jumped and I fired and ran." She paused for a moment before continuing.

"I don't know where I was going, just away as I could get. Some wolves could jump into the lower branches, so I didn't dare try climbing, I just ran until I hit the snare. My cloak blocked my view but I could hear it getting closer. I told duke to go get help and tried for my gun before trying to get my knife from my boot. The thing bit me on the arm and everything... went fuzzy. I heard Vilkas.... trying to chase off the wolf. I couldn't see him, just hear the snarls and yelps... hear a few grunts... then duke barking again. Vilkas talking, the pain then black. Nothing. " She frowned. "I woke up in a room that wasn't mine and still hurt a bit. I talked to a hunter.. a shorter one, and told him about the wolf and he left. I was there for two days then sent back here, to my home."