AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

"My point exactly," Vilkas remarked, smirking. At her compliment about his tea, he rubbed the back of his neck and smile shyly. "Ah, it's no big deal...," he mumbled. Shaking his head a moment later, he chuckled at her comment. "Well, I'm not much of a fighter but, sure. I won't mind giving Tomas a few bruises," he stated.

Briefly running a hand down his face, he pulled off his glasses and idly rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "You feeling any better?" he asked her, a serious but light tone entering his voice.

"Much.. thank you.... but this doesn't stop the fact this thing is now attacking people." She said as she sipped her tea. She sighed and put down her cup. "Your wolf painting is done and dry. Oh.. and it's getting chilly outside. Take this..." She handed him a knitted scarf in a dark blue color.

Vilkas chuckled again, taking the offered scarf from Ruby's hands. "Thanks but, I don't get cold so easily. That's the plus side about having fur and a winter coat. Though, the downside almost makes it not worth it...," he murmured, frowning now that he thought about fleas and tics. Shaking his head, he grinned slightly. "Well, I'll just have to see the painting myself before I head out then. Won't I?" The question was rhetorical of course.

"I'm going to talk with the hunters later today, see if I can't help them so you don't have to. I know the woods just as well, if not better than you after all," he started. Walking into the kitchen to clean out his empty mug, he set the cup down on the countertop and paused. "Ruby? Promise me you'll be vigilant? You live on the edge of the town, as did the old man. This creature could come after you without provocation until its proven otherwise," Vilkas said slowly, thinking over his words as he spoke them. "I don't want you meeting the same fate. Keep Duke close."

Ruby nodded to his rhetorical question. She smirked a little. "You know I have a walking rug, I know the downsides of fur. I have special soaps and such if you need anything, and I'd keep that smith, burning hot.. you'd be surprised how many times I use it... in more ways than one. I'd keep my gun close too... but be careful, if you come up in your other shape, I have been jumpy lately and have a quick trigger finger. I don't want to hurt you. Bark twice and I'll know it's you."

Before he left she did show him the paintings and her recent drawings.

((Skip a couple more weeks? Got something planned))

[[sure, that works!]]

Vilkas nodded and idly scratched his chin. "I'll let you know about the soaps," he laughed, raking fingers through his hair. "Don't worry, I won't just stalk up to your door as a strange wolf. I'll be on two feet whenever I stop by," he assured. But, at least it was an idea to have some sort of signal incase contingencies happened. Making certain he had the scarf, Ruby showed him the painting she mentioned alongside a few new drawings she had made. Finally, he left in search of those hunters.

Two weeks later....

Things looked bleak. Three more people dead, and more animals, the hunting dogs now. Traps where everywhere and this thing seemed to avoid them. Of the three dead was one of the goons with Tomas who thought he can take it on his own, a little girl who wandered off, and one of the hunters.

Ruby reluctantly went to the woods for inspiration. Her gun strapped over her shoulder, but was in a position where she can easily aim and fire it quickly. Duke seemed to sense the danger and stuck to her side. She crouched down to draw a mouse nibbling on a acorn nut.

After about five minutes, she looks up to see it gone......... and the woods seemed to hold its breath. Duke stood at point, looking at some bushes.

Something black was looking at her, with bright markings and glowing eyes. She raised the gun when she saw the form look familiar. "Vilkas.. I told you bark twice.......wait..." the thing moved out of the brush. Vilkas had... yellow eyes and..... red marks.....

It growls at her, and still she hesitated, so did her dog, confused with the similar smell but the sudden aggression to them.... "i-i am a friend of a form walker..." it snarled loudly, then leaped at her. She fired and tore off running, duke hot on her heels. Her cloak snagged on branches slowing her, one cut her cheek.

The unthinkable happened. Her foot caught in a snare and up she went, gun dropping out of her reach. Duke whimpered. "Go! Go get help!" She shouted at the dog and he tore off. She struggled to get her boot knife as the thing stalked to her, taking its time. She wasn't going anywhere soon.

((Is it possible for a form walker to lose its human form? If not it can be something similar looking, but more beastly. Feel free to come up with a name for it (if it's a different kind)))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

The gunshot echoed through the forest and Vilkas froze, black nose lifting to scent the air as his large ears swiveled towards the direction of the sound. Hackles up, he dissolved into ash and dust, racing towards the source. He heard barking and, veering upward to reform as a man in one of the tall trees, the male quickly looked about him. A blur of dark, barking, fur rushed by beneath and Vilkas' temperature seemed to drop as he recognized Duke.

Heart racing, he dissolved once more and hurried in the direction the canine had come from. Not too long after, Ruby came into sight. She was prone, scrabbling grab something out of her boot, while a four-legged figure stalked around her. Instantly, he charged towards the creature, body reforming as his muzzle opened wide with a snarl. His wolfish body slammed into the other creature, teeth sinking into fur and flesh while the two tumbled to the ground.

Paws pinned down the other creature as Vilkas lifted his head back, aiming to snap and tear at the beast's throat.

Then he recognized what it was....

The blue markings and strange tendrils growing from its body cause his amber eyes to widen in shock. Was the beast terrorizing the town another Form Walker?

[[it's unheard of but it's a possibility done by the Form Walker losing their sense of humanity.]]

Edited by Narvix

It howled as his teeth sunk into its shoulder and when pinned, it froze..... for only a moment before snapping at anything with in its reach. It's back legs scrambled for a perches on the other wolf and kicked him off.

It rolls up and snarled at him. Then ruby gasped as she struggled to climb the rope while hanging by her ankle. It turned from Vilkas and jumped at her yanking her back down from her cloak snapping her arm. She screamed and socked it's nose. It let go and she undid her cloak, arm bleeding from a bite as she tried to pull herself up again.

The Walker stumbled and shook it's head, then rounded on Vilkas after trying to reach her twice and failed. Saliva dripped from its jaws as it snapped them and the tail whipped around.

Tumbling backward as the other creature kicked him off, Vilkas snarled and chased after it as it lunged for Ruby. For some reason, the creature wasn't going after the larger threat. Why? Because he was a Form Walker? Either way, it wasn't thinking like a human and it wasn't thinking like a predator.

As it broke Ruby's arm and she hit it in the nose in turn, Vilkas clamped his teeth down on the other beast's hind leg and pulled, intending to drag it across the forest floor. When it turned on him, he leapt back and stalked around it in a slow circle, growling and barking threateningly. His long tail lashed, striking the ground as he lunged, intent on pinning the creature again and immobilizing it.

The thing snapped and snarled back, now more focused on him then the prey. He met Vilkas in the air in a flash of teeth. The momentum of this creature, both larger and heavier than the other made both tumble to the earth in a flurry of fangs and fur.

Barking sounded from behind them, getting closer. Desperate, the beast snapped at his leg before melting into a red colored clay and dust, rolling along the ground smearing its prints in the process before reforming further away and disappearing into the brush.

Vilkas only continued to snarl and bark as the other Walker turned and leapt to meet him, their muzzles working to catch flesh between their teeth and paws scrabbling to scratch at any surface. He earned as many scrapes and bites as he caused on the other creature but he refused to falter or back down. Barking reached his ears from somewhere else and he paused, giving the other wolf the chance to tear a gouge into his side before it fled in a cloud of clay and dust. Its final strike at one of his legs failed to hit.

Briefly, he tried to give chase. Or was he fleeing in kind? Regardless, he eventually stopped trying to hunt down the other wolf. Dissolving and reshaping as a human, Vilkas raced towards Ruby, pushing through underbrush and weaving around trees until he found her again. Panting, he took a moment to examine her state, stuck in a hunter's trap that left her hanging. "Ruby? Are you okay?" he asked, slightly frantic.

What a dumb question. Of course she wasn't.

The scent of her blood filled his nostrils and made his mouth water but he ignored it, quickly and carefully trying to undo the trap that kept her there. Finally, he was able to ease her to the ground and focused more on her arm. "Your arm's broken. We gotta get you to the doctor before you bleed out," he mumbled, fumbling with his shirt.

Wincing from his own injuries as he peeled off his shirt, he tore the fabric into strips and began to tied it around her injury. "This is going to hurt. I'm sorry," he apologized sheepishly, tying the strips tightly to stanch as much of the bleeding as he could.

She was hanging like a stung up deer by the time he got to her. Half conscious she mumbled a answer as she swings by her ankle, witch by now by supporting most of her weight, was dislocated. She didn't move when lowered to the ground.

Ruby cried out when he bandaged her wound with his shirt as duke ran up in a whimper. Hunters shadowed him and trampled the underbrush as five men came with guns. Lucky, one was a field doctor. He looked at both ruby's and Vilkas's injuries and did what he could with his first aid things, before whisking ruby away quickly.

"Yah two are lucky.... that beast coulda ripped yah both to pieces. Get yer gun and knife, wel'll walk yah back to stay with yer girl." One said in a deep voice.

Sounds filled the area and Vilkas almost startled, whirling to see the group of hunters as the field medic came to inspect their injuries. He sat still once the doctor had finished caring for Ruby and moved on to him, wincing faintly as his wounds stung from the alcohol dampening the cleaning cloths. Eventually, he was done and the medic picked Ruby off the ground.

At the voice of the hunter, Vilkas looked up and nodded. Careful not to rip open the stitching done to close the gash in his side, Vilkas grabbed the fallen knife in one hand and the shotgun in the other. Silently, he followed the group back to the town.

Ruby was unconscious when they arrived at the doctor's office which doubled as his house. The man laid her down on a bed in a small sparse room save for a chair in the corner and a nightstand by the bed with a oil lamp on it. Once there he properly set and wrapped her arm.

She woke from the pain only briefly gasping. "Vilkas!... is... He.." the doctor hushed her. "Easy there girl.... he's alright. Your lucky that he was there to fight it off. Rest now miss, your safe now." Ruby's eyes rolled back and she was out again.

Vilkas hovered to the side, knowing better than to get in the way. Briefly, Ruby stirred and gasped out, beginning to ask a question about him. However, the doctor quieted her and reassured her of his wellbeing. Honestly, he didn't have to scold her, or something, about how "lucky" she was. Vilkas frowned, watching her fall back into unconsciousness. Glancing towards the doctor, the Form Walker rubbed the back of his neck slightly. "I'll return to see how she's doing in the morning," he stated, walking out of the small home without waiting for much of a response.

The doctor watched him go. Duke followed Vilkas, staying close to him. He nudged his leg with a worried wine. Ruby was safe for now, but the dog considered the walker as part of his pack now. He'd protect him too.

[[Okay. Let's say a three days.]]

His body still ached but, at least, the pain of his wounds wasn't as terrible as two days ago. Vilkas stepped up to Ruby's front door, rapping his knuckles against the wood. "Hey, it's Vilkas," he called, waiting a moment before easing the door open. He didn't want her to get up if she could avoid it but he didn't want to just barge in. Stepping inside, he searched for her until he saw her curled up on the couch, Duke at her side for comfort. "How are you feeling?" he asked her, moving to sit on her other side.

He shifted in his seat to face her, resting his right elbow against the back of the cushion and propping his head in his hand. "Mind if I ask, what were you doing in the woods by yourself?" he inquired. A frown etched itself across his face, eyes filled with confused worry. "You promised you would be careful."

Edited by Narvix

Ruby had her arm in a sling, a blanket over her and looked tired with dark bags under her eye. Her ankle was braced too, it having been dislocated. Her voice weak and pain filled. "I'm in pain, could be better. I brought my gun... and dog.... I was drawing a mouse.... someone wanted me to draw one for a memorial of the little girl.. everyone called her little mouse. Duke got stiff and I aimed my gun at it. I... thought it was you, until I saw its eyes and marks.....

I..... I still couldn't shoot it Vilkas. I told it I was friends with one of its kind and it... got even angrier... it jumped and I ran. I couldn't... I couldn't bring myself to shoot it when I realized what it was....." She shifted a little and winced.

[[i'm still here. I planned on getting to this thread after finishing a post in the Others Section.]]

Vilkas frowned. "Why didn't you take a hunter with you? And, don't give me any of that "I can handle myself" spiel. You could have been killed!" he stated, panic crossing his face briefly. Shaking his head, he rubbed his face quickly with his hands, a sigh escaping his lips. "Next time... Just shoot it. You don't have to kill the thing if you don't want to but, at least, incapacitate it so you can run away to safety.

Shifting where he sat again, he leaned back and softened his gaze, turning his focus upon the ground. After a moment, he turned his amber gaze back on her. "You going to be okay?" he asked her, voice quiet. Running fingers through his crimson hair, Vilkas leaned forward to briefly inspect Ruby's healing arm and the sling it rested in. He was restless, his thoughts uneasy. Eventually, "Do you want me to make you some tea?" He was starting to think busying himself would be a good idea and brewing a pot of tea was the best idea he could come up with that didn't run the risk of him spoiling it or burning down the house. Or having some other sort of mayhem ensue.

[[Wait |D She's flirting with him? I don't see it aha. |D I'm not very good with flirting.]]

Edited by Narvix

(( blink.gif well that explains it. I did intend for it to be a redxwolf rp. She lifting his chin, tending to his bruises, kissing her fingers and tapped his nose and being protective of him. That stuff... I thought he was being naive..))

Ruby frowned back. "I did once and he killed the rabbit I was drawing! I didn't want to make the same mistake so I went with duke. He didn't attack it either. He seemed confused. You probably smell like ash and soil to him... so he probably thought it was you as well. And don't give me that!" She growls, glaring up at him. "Now you know how I feel when you go about unprotected and with a group of angry people out to get you! They wouldn't give a censorkip.gif about shooting you the moment they saw you! What if I shot the thing and it turned out to be y-! Ah!" She was sitting up as she fumed then winced and fell back on the pillow supporting her head.

She waited a long while before speaking again, answering his tea question with four single words. "Tea would be nice." She avoids his eyes and glared at the back of the couch still angry at him chewing her out like a child.

"The hunters aren't after me though. They don't even know what they're looking for beyond "it's a big wolf"," Vilkas stated, frowning. Shaking his head, he looked worried when Ruby cringed from pain. "I get the hesitation. Really, I do," he mumbled. "But, hesitation will get you killed. Now that you know what the differences are, will you be able to react faster?" he asked her.

The kettle was placed on its hook before he stoked the fire to life, allowing the flames to lick the base of the metal object. As he waited for the water to heat, he returned to Ruby's side. "I know your arm hurts but, where else are you feeling pain? Is there anything I can grab for you to help ease any of it?" Vilkas inquired.