AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

"I'll have mint," Vilkas replied, following Ruby back inside as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I kind of wish I had been able to see that. Wonder what his face looked like after being covered," he grinned. Washing off his hands, he briefly dried them before grabbing out bowls and setting them on the table. He examined the contents of their cooking meal, stirring the stew for a few moments.

It seemed like Ruby hadn't noticed his previous growling and was thankful for that, serving a couple of ladleful scoops into each bowl. He honestly didn't want her asking after his reactions, still feeling uneasy about the fact that someone had even grabbed him. Instincts were difficult to dampen and a challenge of dominance over his own body was even more so. Tomas' actions had also just been an insult to Vilkas for two factors: he was an invited guest with a seemingly "higher rank" than the man in the building and Tomas' disregard for Ruby's wishes undermined her ranking.

He shook his head, frowning. Humans thought differently from the pack mentality, focused solely on the matter that Tomas was an intruder in this case. "Have you ever considered reporting him for trespassing?" Vilkas asked suddenly.

She poured two cups of mint tea and sat down with a heavy sigh. "I have, and did but the sheriff let him off with a strict warning. The sheriff is a nice guy who knew my dad, and he normally comes by to check on me right after Tomas barges in. If the sheriff wasn't married to Tomas's older sister, who has him wrapped around his little finger,... Tomas would be in jail now for poaching and trespassing.... no one really messed with a woman who can throw Tomas across the room easily."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"That's why you keep reporting him," Vilkas remarked. "A strict warning is nothing if it isn't obeyed and the sheriff needs to show that the law still holds. No exceptions. To hell with Tomas' sister." Filling up the bowls, he passed a serving of the stew over to Ruby and settled into his seat with the other. Bringing his cup to his lips, he tested the temperature of the tea. He swallowed hard and clamped his jaws together as he burnt his tongue by mistake.

Shaking his head, he sucked in cool air and hummed briefly. "I can talk to him if you want the help. Considering that Tomas attacked me without provocation, I can put a hefty charge on him, one that the Sheriff can't ignore. I mean, he did bruise my neck and you're my witness."

Ruby thought about it and nodded. "I'll report him. I'm tired of him bothering me." She took a spoon full and blew on it before taking a bite. She yelps and swallowed and fanned her mouth. "Hot! Ow!" She sat back letting the stew cool and took deep breaths to cool her mouth. "How long do you think it would take us to make the bullets? Wait, he bruised your neck!? Let me see, maybe I could help with my herbs or something...." She got up and carefully looked at his neck. "He did make a mark....... I'm sorry he did that..." She traced the mark sadly.

Vilkas started to open his mouth and make a motion to decline Ruby's offer of help with the bruising. However, she was up and approaching before he could truly say anything. Then she was touching his neck. On reflex, his hackles rose and his skin prickle with goosebumps, his upper body lurching forward while he hunched his shoulders. It'd likely seem as if he were wincing from sensitivity. "Ah, please. That's not necessary. It's just a small bruise," he responded, correcting his reaction by sitting up again.

Turning to see her better, he hummed in thought. "The bullets shouldn't take more than an hour or two if all goes well between the two of us," he stated, rubbing his jaw with a knuckle. "How many out of the twenty-five are keepers? Or is it all twenty-five that still need to be made?"

Ruby put her hands on her hips. "Small! Not with reaction like that! Let me look at it. Bullets can wait! I have three keepers. Let me see that, don't worry, you won't know that I am here.... ..." She gets out her mortar and pestle, herbs and other things mixing it in a paste. She locked him in a green gaze. "I should have kicked Tomas out, but he hurt you and it's my fault. I'm my home, my fault..... please... let me take care of that."

Ruby put her hands on her hips. "Small! Not with reaction like that! Let me look at it. Bullets can wait! I have three keepers. Let me see that, don't worry, you won't know that I am here.... ..." She gets out her mortar and pestle, herbs and other things mixing it in a paste. She locked him in a green gaze. "I should have kicked Tomas out, but he hurt you and it's my fault. I'm my home, my fault..... please... let me take care of that."

If he had canine ears instead of human, they would have laid back from embarrassment as Vilkas opened his mouth, trying to correct the mistake. "No, really. The bruise is nothing. I'm just not used to people touching my neck. It's sort of a vulnerability of mine...," he murmured, rubbing the back slowly. "There's truly no need for the items," he assured with a gesture at the items in Ruby's hands.

As she made her last comment, he frowned faintly and paused. "You can't blame yourself for that. To be fair, he didn't really give you a chance to respond to anything. He charges through things like a bull honestly," Vilkas remarked. Pausing again, he let his hand fall away from his neck and nodded once. "Alright. If it helps put you at ease, you can inspect my neck," he offered.

Ruby mixed the herbs even more then stood behind him lightly brushing his hair out of the way. Holding the mortar in one hand, she dipped her fingers in the paste and gently smoothed it on his neck. The paste was cool, and soothing, and her fingers smooth and light on his skin.

"Leave this on for six hours, it would keep the swelling and pain down." She cleaned up and washed her hands, drying them with a towel walking back to him from the kitchen. She stopped in front of him and made him look at her with three light fingers on his chin, looking very motherly, her eyes soft, and so was her voice. "See, that wasn't so bad.... you hardly felt a thing." She let go and sat down to eat the now cooled stew.

Vilkas was tense as Ruby applied the salve to the back of his neck. Honestly, there wasn't need for it since he only had a bruise. But, he was humoring her hoping it would make her feel better and not blame herself.

But, was lifting his chin necessary?

Rubbing the underside of his chin briefly, the male opted not to say what had come to mind and, instead, focused on his meal as Ruby did. Finally, "Told ya I could cook," he grinned, mock triumph in his expression as he knew Ruby's help had been beneficial for the meal.

"Indeed you can. Tomorrow I can teach you to bake... or sometime later..." She continued to eat. When she was finished she cleaned up washed down her counters. Then she started to do the dishes. "How long will it take us to make the bullets?"

Vilkas paused, thinking. "I'm not really certain. Maybe a couple of hours if all goes smoothly?" he tried, getting up and cleaning his own dishes from the meal. For a brief moment, he stretched out his arms above his head and sighed faintly. "Shall we get started then?" he asked, tilting his head.

It was sort of an obvious answer and he began to walk to the back of the house again, letting Ruby pass by first. "Alright, which ones need to be remolded?"

Ruby went passed him and set aside the good ones, stoaking the fire so it was nice and hot. "Thank you for helping me.." She grunted as she worked the bellows. She set one of lumps of iron in the little molding pan.

[[sorry. I haven't been posting in a lot of places.

I personally have no idea what to do with this interaction now. It's just dwindled down to a couple sentences a post.]]

((I don't know what to do either, perhaps skip ahead a couple weeks? Not much romance going on.. I want that firm before I start getting going on the second plot.))

[[That's fine. I'm happy with building a relationship.

Any specific ideas you had in mind for a new interaction?]]

((In the forest, she's seen the wolf several times now and tried to teach him how to bake sugar cookies, and he finds her drawing in the forest and gives her cookies (or roses, or anything red really... your choice) in a way of thanks for attempting to help him.. or something like that. Your guy, be creative with the reason..))

[[Okay, I'll go the route of cookies aha.]]

Well, they looked edible. Wasn't much else working for him at the moment....

Vilkas sighed, examining the mess of baked dough he could barely call cookies. Plucking one off the metal sheet, he shoved it into his mouth with a hesitant bite. After a moment, he grinned. Good. They tasted better than they looked, at least.

Placing the rest of the batch into a pile and wrapping them with clean cloth, he tied off the ends to avoid losing any on his way to Ruby's from the baker's. Since he didn't have his own stove, he managed to convince the baker to allow him access to his. However, such access wasn't without its fair share of ribbing and suggestive cooing.

It wasn't like that and Vilkas did his best to explain the situation but the baker was too caught up in his merry chatter to hear the story. Oh well. It was likely to cause a buzz and catch Tomas' attention. That wasn't such a bad thing. It would certainly keep the guy from harassing Ruby. At least, for a little while.

Anyways, he rapped his knuckles against Ruby's front door. For awhile, he waited with no response. A slight frown crossed his face and, after knocking again with no entry, he glanced towards the neighboring forest. A thoughtful hum vibrated through his lips and the tall male started forward.

Leaves, twigs, and grass crunched underfoot as he scanned the spaces between the trees for a familiar speck of red. It took some time but, finally, he found her. She was crouched with a sketchbook and lead in hand, scribbling away on the paper.

"Another subject catch your eye, huh?" he asked as he approached, grinning. "I brought you some cookies!" Plopping down to sit beside her, he waited until her hands weren't occupied before passing the bundle over to her. "Don't worry. They taste better than they might seem," he stated, pausing briefly. "I tried one."

Ruby was indeed scratching away, sitting in the shadows when his approach spooked her subject, a five pointed stag taking a sip from a stream, away. She huffed a sigh, at least she captured the outline and major details before her inspiration bounded through the underbrush.

She heaved a sigh and closed her sketchbook and set it in the grass in front of her. "Yes, but your wolfish eyes frightened it away...." She looked surprised at the cookies that where set in her lap and tilted her head at him, a smile tugging at her lips and she looked like she was trying to hide it, but her eyes gave away her laughter at his smug pride at actually baking something edible... His first attempt at her house...... wasn't so grand. Let's say not even Duke wanted the cookies. "Really?" She looked in the bundle. "Not really display worthy, but at least they aren't charcoal..... smell good..." She gave him a playful shove with one hand. "I guess you're not half bad... I might take you on as a assistant if you keep at it boy!"

She burst out in her witches cackle mixed with hyena's laughter before picking up a cookie and took a bite without hesitation. "These.... are good.." She said after swallowing the chunk she bit off.

[[i'll make a post tomorrow afternoon. Sorry. Just had to take care of other stuff I've neglected a little.]]