AroaraAngelwolf

Red riding hood 1x1

"I see," the man stated, humming in thought. "Are there any specific details you might recall? Anything that particularly stuck out to you?" Jordon inquired, tilting his head quizzically. He idly rubbed at his chin and shifted his position to be more comfortable. Eventually, he gave up trying and just leaned forward, resting his elbows against his knees.

((Sorry, for the moment, Jordon's posts will be slightly minimal since he's just asking questions. In a couple more posts, I'll be able to make them longer.))

Edited by Narvix

Ruby walked to her office and came back with an image of the beast mid leap fangs bared. "Photographic memory. The tendrils had blue on them. I wasn't to sure on the form... I was looking directly at the eyes. Blue... Blue like ice. " She shudders. "It was unsettling. Like it was looking through me."

Jordon took hold of the drawing Ruby passed over, examining the details she recalled onto the paper. Pursing his lips, he mused over the information before speaking. "A little off topic... What do you think of young Vilkas? He's an interesting boy with a peculiar social behavior," the hunter inquired, looking curious. "You two spend a lot of time together."

Ruby turned sarcastic at this as she headed to the dining room. "Really? I didn't realize that. Of course we spend time together, we're friends. Yeah, he speaks in riddles and is a little awkward in some situations but he is really nice and kind once you know him. He's been looking out for me, and I don't really talk to people in town. The only one who pretends he cares for me is Tomas and he's a ass. " She leaned against the table. "He's different, yes, but who isn't? He helped me more then once, and really is helping me now. This thing freaks me out and I see him sometimes, wandering around my property, making sure it isn't near me. It's comforting, having someone look after me like that. I guess.... we both know what it's like to be a outsider and alone all the time. I've been alone since I was fourteen.... it's kinda nice... knowing that you don't really have to be alone anymore..." She said quietly.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Easy, Miss Ruby. I mean nothing ill in my words. Just simple observation," Jordon soothed, smiling gently. "You seem to like him more than you let on but, he hasn't figured that out yet. Has he?" he inquired. Watching her for a moment, the hunter hummed faintly in thought. "Do you know anything about what this creature can do? Ability-wise, that is. I noticed all of the cracks beneath the door and windows were sealed up," he stated. "So you must know that this thing can dissolve into particles."

Ruby was looking at the ground. She shook her head at his first question. "No.... He doesn't." She barely whispers. She walked over to the bookshelf pulling down the pamphlet she had bought when the traders where in town. "I got any information on the thing I got from here. So far from the first killings to now it fits the description of the "demon wolves" as it's called in the pamphlet. The sand thing is in there, so I thought it would be best if I stop the cracks so it can't get in and.... finish me off. Now please... I'd like to rest... if you wouldn't mind.... " she said leaning on her good arm against a wall looking outside.

"Why was there a pamphlet made by traders? Why not hire hunters to get rid of it? Surely, that would have been wisest," Jordon frowned, taking the pamphlet and flipping through it. There wasn't a lot of information, just that people and animals had been killed then partially eaten. The information about a dissolving form was only a sentence long. Clearly, the traders hadn't gotten much to write down. "And so, instead of addressing the problem, they brought the problem to us. Perfect," the hunter grumbled beneath his breath. Looking up at Ruby, he nodded at her request and stood.

"Very well. Have a good day then, Miss Ruby," Jordon bade. He tucked the pamphlet into his coat and exited her home.

Ruby closed the door behind him and sighed heavily heading to her desk and putting her head down on it. This sort of thing drained her. "Questions, questions, questions. If they spent more time looking, they would've had it by now. Damned hunters are all the same..." She signed. She couldn't believe she answered him on the question about her and Vilkas. Her words echoed in her mind. He doesn't know. Every hint and even when she said it flat out to Tomas that one day(that Vilkas has already won her over more times then he did), a look of confusion crossed his face. She sighed. Just her luck falling for a guy who is dunce when it comes to the subject of love. (Or so it seemed).

[[Yes. Very much so. Fata is my one and only love! You shan't have her!]]

After Jordon left, it was about half an hour before Vilkas returned from the back yard, wiping his brow with the back of his hand. "I tried shaking all the dirt off but I think there's still a few loose particles," he stated, washing his hands at the sink. "Are you hungry for lunch yet?" he asked. Taking a mug and filling it with water, he paused long enough to drink about three-quarters of it. Glancing at Ruby, he examined her briefly. "Are you okay?" he inquired softly, tilting his head faintly as his brow furrowed with concern.

Ruby lazily pushed a pencil with her fingers, making it roll around. She didn't even lift her head. "I'm fine. Vilkas... just.... board. With you doing everything I feel useless. And Jordan... reminded me of something. It left me a little......perturbed." She spoke softly keeping her eyes to the desktop.

[[sorry. I've been settling into the new school term this past week; it's left me exhausted.

Unfortunately, I've no motivation to post right now and, I don't think I'll have the motivation to do so for awhile. Once I do, I'll post.]]

Vilkas tilted his head faintly, watching Ruby as she spoke. She kept her eyes on her desk and he frowned. "Well, I don't know what to say about the useless feeling you have; you're arm's broke so you're incapable of doing some chores until it heals. As for the hunter, what'd he say?" he asked, curious. Moving, he took a seat in a nearby chair behind her. He rubbed at the back of his neck, inhaling slowly as he mulled over his thoughts. "Is it... Is it about what you confessed to Tomas back then? How, uh... How I "already won you over"?"

He fell silent again, shifting in his seat uncomfortably. "Jordon asked me questions awhile back. Similar to what I overheard you talking about. It's, uh... I'm not..." How should he say this without her taking things the wrong way?

Ruby froze, the pencil rolled to the floor. Her face was hidden from him, but if he'd saw it it'll be scarlet. She listened as he struggled to find the correct words. Her voice was.... unusually calm. " Yes, it was. Its fine. You don't have to say anything. If you're done with the garden, that's all the help I need for this week. Go and... rehabilitate your wolf. " She said as she got up and strode into her art room without even looking at him. She didn't because, she didn't know what to feel. She fought the tears in her eyes and sat at a easel stool and hung her head in her hands.

((Ruby, ruby, so quick to assume.. *shakes head. *)

[[i want to make sure we're on the same train of thought: is she assuming he's not in love with her or he's interested in someone else? Aha]]

He watched her for a moment longer, frown deepening as she retreated from him. "Red? Hey, what's wrong?" he inquired, striding after her and laying a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Why are you crying?" He concealed his distress from her, wanting her to yield an answer that wasn't influenced as much as possible. "Talk to me, Ruby. What's got you upset?"

[[i don't know how small this looks to you |D I'm on an iPad mini right now so the size of the screen is only a fraction of what my laptop screen is.]]

Edited by Narvix

((Yes, she thinks he doesn't like her. It looks big,I'm on my kindle fire))

Ruby shook her head. "Please, just go." She sniffed. "I just want to be alone now. " a long pause and a hiccup. "I meant every word..... what I told Tomas... I meant every word.." she rubbed her eyes trying to stop the tears sniffling.

Inhaling slowly, Vilkas ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "I know you meant what you said. Thing is, I don't have the same feelings. Don't get me wrong; I like you, Ruby. However, I'm asexual, aromantic..." he informed, puffing out his cheeks briefly. "Do you know what those terms mean?" he inquired, rubbing the back of his neck with uncertainty. He wasn't very comfortable with the situation Ruby placed him in by growing feelings as she did. But, he wasn't going to say that. Really, he couldn't fault her; she hadn't known. "I don't... fall in love, Ruby. I don't develop the same desires you humans do..."

((...... *standing on the prow of my ship as it sinks in the frigid waters of feels* And there goes my plot line as well. I'll figure something out.))

Her voice turned dark. "Then go. I know what they mean. It means you can't love. You don't feel any romantic connection to any gender or sexual orientation. Why didn't you tell me that sooner so I don't fall into a unrequited love situation! You could have told me this weeks ago! Months even!" She got up knocking over the stool. "You've known all along since that encounter with Tomas and look after me like this, making me think you returned my affections when really you don't! You DON'T play a woman like that! How stupid are you to even think that's okay?!" She started crying now hiccuping her words. "Just leave and be damned if the hunters get you. GO!" She shouted. "Your not welcome here anymore!" She turned her back on him and collapsed on her knees sobbing. "I've lost so much already... I don't need to lose my heart. Just go... leave me alone."

She sniffed and kneels on the floor of her art room. The room that used to belong to her parents. If they were still alive, if they were still here would she be in this mess? With the wolf, with Vilkas... she didn't know. She had no family left. The few people she knew were killed by the wolf or are suspicious of her now. Where there any signs of this? Did she read them wrong? No one else stood up to Tomas the way he did, he definitely defended her honor as a woman that day the black Smith's son and his goons beat him up.

She trusted him. Her heart was already broken thrice by the death of her parents and her neighbor Mr. Jenkins who treated her like his own grandchild. Why didn't he tell her so she wouldn't end up feeling like the fool for even thinking that way? She didn't know what hurt her more, the knife of his lack of trust although she knew and kept his secret in tightly locked lips or the cut that he didn't return her feelings, couldn't, more like.

Vilkas bristled with anger, his body stiffening. Toy with her! She thought he had toyed with her emotions! It's not like he realized she'd grow to like him! He wasn't even human! So why the censorkip.gif would she fall in love with him? And, until she had developed this child's crush on him, he didn't think his sexuality had been of any importance to their exchanges.

A low growl rose from his chest as he watched her have her pity party on the ground. He strode towards Ruby and grabbed at her shoulders, intending to hold her firmly in place. "I don't toy," he growled at her before taking ahold of her face. Roughly, unkindly, he kissed her upon the lips and held there for a handful of heartbeats. When he pulled away, his amber gaze burned. "Just because I'm asexual doesn't mean there isn't that one outlier that invokes something in my chest!" Vilkas snarled, teeth sharp as he ground them together.

Releasing her, he snorted in irritation and turned away, heading for the door. "You shouldn't love me anyways; I'm not human." With a bang, the door slammed shut behind him.

((*pulled ship back up* there's still hope!))

Ruby yelped when he grabbed her shoulders, her bad arm still sore. Then he kissed her. What?! She was shocked, and winced when the door slammed. She got up on shaking legs and closed everything up. "You are human enough." She said as she closed the last window.

[[Perhaps a new interaction then? I'm thinking Vilkas doesn't visibly come around for awhile but he still keeps an eye on Ruby without her notice.]]

[[Maybe a few weeks? I was similarly thinking that the astray Form Walker had fallen silent for a short while.]]