Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

The elves helped get Drago up, the elk having to help him walk, his back leg broken and he was still weak. The elk's rider carried Arwena, carefully wrapped up in a cloak to keep warm and prying eyes off of her. They made it out of the swampland, and Drago walked on his own, and Arwena was on his back eyes never leaving Jacus.

Jacus laid on Kayden as they went, Peter holding both horses making sure he didn't fall off. He stayed silent as they walked back.

The field had new tents and elves and human druids and clerics running around, unity was in a joyful mood, the elves all where quite as they prepare for the funerals of ten elves, most haven't had their coming of age ceremony, or has only a few years after it. Sango ran up on the camel. "Darling girl! My gods... thank the stars you're alright!" He called over people to help Jacus on a stretcher and Arwena off of Drago as he healed the wolf's leg. Her mother ran up and started getting off the heavy armor on Jacus, trying to bandage the wound in his arm.

Jacus was still out, still and silent. The prince shared the story of everything that happened. Tyrus ran over to check on the two, "Arwena! Are you alright my dear?"

Edited by Dotzrus

((Whose tyra? His mother is Catherine.))

Arwena nodded, and pulled the cloak tighter around her now around more men. She could get changed, but that would require her leaving Jacus's side and that was something she wouldn't do. Wordlessly she went over and ran her fingers through his hair, leaning down and kissed his nose and forehead stroking his cheeks. "Come back to me..... " She whispers as a tear dropped from her lashes. "Awake my love..... I can not lose you.... not after this.... "

((I meant Tyrus))

The red dragon general walked over, men moving out of his way in respect. His eye had a fresh cut as well as some black burns on his back and wings. He leaned down and looked at Arwena and the unconscious Jacus, "So he is the Soul Bearer... From what I heard, it is no surprise that he is as he is. But a strong enough will, and he will wake from this. Shaken, but not broken."

((Oh..... Jacus's dad))

She looked up at the Dragon. "Can you tell me what it means to be a soul bearer... please good Dragon... this has happened before.... He woke drained and hurting, but .... I need to know if he'll wake again.... I need him.... I need him with me.... " She started sobbing, falling on her knees beside him , not caring if the cloak had slipped off onto the ground, showing the deep black marks on her near bear back. "I need my love, my moon and stars.... my life to come back to me...."

The dragon placed a gentle claw on her shoulder, "As you know, he bears the soul of a past dragon... He can use limited abilities of that dragon, increased strength, durability, and power. This will impact him for his entire life... As you see, he is mostly draconic when enraged. But it's something he can learn and control."

"But will he wake this time? Drago said it was worse this time... and he was awake by now the last time.... I can't lose my love!" She ran up and hugged the big Dragon. "Please.... is there anything you or your sister can do?"

The dragon blinked but sighed, "Any action we take may harm him... He is alive... And will stay alive... But he must rest... It may take days, but if he is as strong as others said, he will wake."

Arwena sniffles and nodded. "I understand.... thank you..." She had him carefully moved to the room in her house. She still didn't change, instead lay down beside him, falling asleep listening to the comfort of his heart beating. Drago was brought up too, and lay on a pillow in the room falling asleep.

((And... timeskip 2 days of coma.))

Catherine comes into Jacus' room where he was moved with some food. "Time to eat... Arwena you should have some too."

Arwena nodded and let her sit by her son. She barely ate anything, or even moved from Jacus's room. Drago had moved around on the ground, even went hunting with some humans. She had a cloth robe around her to keep her warm, and her outfit lay discarded in a corner, replaced with a soft silk blue dress.

Catherine looked at Jacus and then Arwena, "As long as his heart beats, there is hope... And once he wakes, you two will live life together until the end. I believe in him." She put her hand on Arwena's shoulder. "Would you like me to bring you your violin?"

Arwena sighed softly. "Please, it's in my room in its case. Playing might help me a little bit... at least, it'll help pass the time.." She gave the woman a hug. "I have hope too, but it kills me seeing him like this. I also wish you would have come here under more joyful circumstances.... have you seen our herb garden... or the singing trees?"

Catherine shook her head, "Like you, Jacus has been my focus." She went out a retrieved the violin. Bringing it back she sighed, "The air is much nicer... More my style. My husband isn't much of a fan."

"You have elvish blood in you. Jacus likes it here too. How's Solessa?" She pulled out her violin and started to tune it, waiting for her answer before starting to play.

Catherine smiled, "Solessa worries for Jacus as well all do, but she is celebrating with Peter for the victory and his new title of dragon slayer."

"Well, shall I too, celebrate in a violin version of our song Dance of the Dragon, which they are currently playing in the square?" She began to play the song tapping her foot to keep time with the rhythm of the song.

Catheine smiled and closed her eyes as she played, taking in the music. Tyrus was discussing things with Arwena's parents while Peter and Solessa were back in human lands.

Sango was listening to Tyrus as his wife embroidered a large bit of cloth in a wicker chair listening to the two men and the music her daughter played.

Arwena smoothly went to one song and the next, fast to slow, to fast again.

Catherine smiled, "You should played at Solessa's Wedding. You are getting very skilled with that instrument."

Arwena stopped and smiled softly. "You should hear me play flute. I won't play... I don't do well with lots of people watching me. And I believe the stiff necked nobles from the dinner would be there. They didn't take my views very well..." She looked at Jacus. "You should feed him.... make sure he is getting something in him..."

Catherine nods and helps feed Jacus, "The prince would take your side. You would play beautifully during their wedding."

Again she shook her head. "No. As much as a honour it is, I won't play. I don't know what you humans do during your weddings, what songs you play. I've never seen a human wedding, and I am going out of respect and family. I wish to observe, to see what parts I would like to have in my own wedding..." She ran her fingers through Jacus's hair and took a napkin, and wiped his face, the sad expression returning.

"Do you know what your husband is speaking about with my father? I can here my dad jumping about like a madman..."