Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus brought her a glass of lemonade and sat next to her. "As silly as this sounds, I was proud of how brave you were in front of those nobles. You are a remarkable person, regardless if you are an elf or not."

Arwena sips the lemonade and holds it in her hands. "Some of their comments upset me. It makes me wonder what they think my job was on your quest, to look pretty and talk to people, or keep you from getting lonely? I had to go to guard you and the letter. Then when I said about the adoption of human children...... some looked outraged, like I suggested elves steel babies from their cradles. Some humans baffle me."

Jacus placed his hand on her back, "Because humans are skeptical of others . Some will view you as a threat to everything they knew. Others like the king are open to change. The stubborn ones just need to adapt. If they are so against elves adopting human children, then why don't they adopt them hmm?" He smiled.

Arwena's lips twitched in a slight smile as she looked at him, eyes flashing in the dim light of embers and candles. "I highly doubt some women in there even had a hand in raising a child if they had any, did you see the look on one woman's face when I mentioned my friends taking in two orphans? She looked like I suggested that Drago Should bite her leg. And she muttered to the woman in yellow next to her, "I bet she was played to say that, now one would take in dirty children." Horrible people!" She took another drink and stood up tense now. "When we start a family, I want to have lots of kids! As many of my own as I can, and adopt when I can't. I don't care what you think I want to, I want to have at least five kids! It's been my dream in having a big family...." She gave him a look that dared him to challenge her on this, it was clear she would get her way on this.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus blinked in surprised, "Uh, maybe we should focus on current events... Like getting back to the woods, my challenge, and the whole dark elf and goblin issue. We can think about children after all that and after we get married." He took her hand into his, "I promise, Im not avoiding the topic on purpose, but that is something we can focus on in this time of crisis."

"I knew you would say something like that. That's why I didn't want to say anything, but ended up doing so anyway. I'm sorry love, and your right. Have you thought about how you're going to challenge Orion?" He kissed his jaw tenderly before heading to the stairs, now finished with her drink and she left it in the sink to clean with the morning dishes. She looked back seeing if he'd follow.

Jacus nodded and followed, "I have come up with a challenge that I am capable of... But luckily I won't be doing it alone." He smiled.

Arwena looked at him with a frown. "What do you mean? You have to face Orion by yourself, no help at all. What is this challenge? Drago probably already told you he's a sly one..." She sat down taking off her shoes with a sigh of relief and got up to get on her night dress. She felt comfortable around him now, no longer embarrassed or ashamed by her marks. She drapes her nightgown on a chair, undoing her hair and taking off the jewelry first. "My dad might volunteer for score keeper. I thinks he already paired us together. When I fell off Drago when we returned the first time, he came in all grinned and giggles telling me how he saw you snatch me out of the air. My dad is a strange elf." She laughed.

Jacus shook his head, "I want to challenge him in mounted sword combat... Which means I need a trusted mount. Kayden will be a perfect partner." He smiled.

"It would be interesting to watch... You're right, Kayden would make a good partner." She slipped out of her dress into her nightgown and then under the covers, blanket over her head. She peeked out. "You laying down love?" She slipped back under and curled up with a soft sigh. "I don't think I could get to sleep without you next to me anymore hîr vuin. "

((Back to some elvish. *beloved ))

Jacus nodded, "I will be Arwena." He got down to pants and got in the bed, snuggling up to her. "Feeling better now?" He drew a finger across her smooth face.

She smiled and snuggled close to him. "Definitely."She kissed him lightly on the nose. She didn't go to sleep, just lay there enjoying his warmth and his arms around her, she drew patterns on his chest with her fingertip, humming a song softly in contentment. "I really like your family. And the king. He is quite kind, and open to suggestions... not many before him were like that. It's a nice change." She whispers not wanting to ruin the comfortable quiet around them.

Jacus just smiled, "I'm glad you like it all... I hope it can be like this at your home. No secrets, no worries. Just you and me, Drago and Kayden. A life to relax, enjoy, love..."

"I hope so too. " She fingers his jawline and hummus again, almost sounding like she was purring. She tucked her head under his chin and kissed his neck. "I'm a little sleepy, but not much, how about you?"

By the time she asked that question, Jacus was out like a light, his breathing heavy as he slept.

She giggled and relaxed by him. "Sweet dreams. " She fell asleep ten minutes later. She woke only once from a bad dream then fell back to sleep until morning. She was up before the family, marketing breakfast for them. Today she heads back to her home.

Jacus goes downstairs, groggy and tired still, "Morning... you made breakfast?"

"Good morning! Yes I did. " She kissed his cheek. "I made jam, biscuits, smoked salmon and sugar covered strawberries. Hungry?"

Jacus smirked, "I'm always hungry, love..." He sits down and smiles, "I hope the animals have been fed as well?"

She sets a big plate down in front of him. "Indeed, and snow loved the bit of salmon I have her. You're parents up yet? And does your sister know about us yet?" She inquired.

"As mother said, Solessa is blinded by her own love life to notice ours. As for my parents, they went out early so they could be back before we leave. Solessa stayed in the castle." He smiled and ate heartily.

"So it's just us? Guess you're not going to let this food go to waist then!" She laughed as she watched him. "You eat like Drago! No wonder he likes you so much!" She wrapped her arms around his neck behind him and turned his face to kiss him, then giggled and licked her finger, rubbing off a bit of jam on his cheek. "Messy boy!"

Jacus laughed, "Hey now! Don't talked to me like I'm a child. I only need one mom!" He finished and cleaned his face and plate.

Arwena stuck her lip out in a pout. "But you act like a kid! And besides, when we're married, you're going to have two anyway!" She bumped her hip against his giggling as she cleaned up the dishes and put them away. "It's called a mother-in-law...." She grins and munched on a jam smothered biscuit.

Jacus smirked, "Only as long as you are okay with it. I'm going to hold my focus on the challenge... I need to win to stay by your side." He ruffled her hair.