Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

The humans pushed on, the Equalizer fired another shot into the enemy fray.

Jacus played defensive now, looking for the opening... There! He allowed himself to be kneed but got in close to avoid one blade and use the hook on his sword to break the other, ending with a hard headbutt to make some distance.

The Prince dropped his broken blade and stumbled back getting on his horse. "I may have lost this battle, but I believe I've one against you Dragon child.." He snarled as he retreated and the sky cleared behind him.

The goblins where few, and running to their dark holes when the sun hit them and killed the rest of them.

The Dragon let out a feeble attempt at fire at the gathering knights.

Jacus growled and was about to get on Kayden when the arrow he shot in the air at the start of the battle fell from the sky and hit the Prince's horse. ((Up to you if he still escapes or not))

The knights backed off a bit, using their shields to wall off the fire.

The arrow hit the horse's flank collapsing the beast. He got off and ran abandoned the nightmare horse as it struggled to get up.

Farthen, Arwena's grandma looked at the king nodded slightly to him. "You have the honor of talking the dragon's head. I forged that blade when that beast attacked me nearly killing me and my unborn child at the time. In honor of our new treaty, use the blade to kill the best who was against our bond with the dragons. The honor is yours good king." She said flatly looking with hatred at the writhing Dragon as it's fire grew weaker and weaker.

The king approached the front, "...no... I have already claimed the infamous title of dragonslayer... I will pass this blade and the title to my son, Prince Peter." Peter made his way to the King's side and was presented the sword. Jacus made his way over to Arwena's side as Peter approached the dragon, shield and new sword ready.

Arwena wasn't there. Neither was Drago. Arwena's bow and swords lay on the ground where she fought the spiders, Drago's saddle and armor with it. Bits of webbing on the grass and the thick dark crimson color of elvish blood. She was gone, taken by the spiders.

The Dragon blew fire, the flames a light green, no longer emerald. After two more attempts, it mostly blew smoke and ash. It snarled at Peter as he approached.

((Elf Prince supposed to say".... I believe I've won one against you Dragon child.."))

The Prince faced the dragon fearlessly and nimbly moved in with a slash for the head/neck.

Jacus stared in shock at the items in front of him. He whistled for Kayden and grabbed Arwena's gear. "They are going to regret this... severely..." He quickly made his way to Arwena's family, "The Dark elves took Arwena. I'm going after them."

The Dragon lay still, after a long growl, the beast was finally dead.

Her parents froze at the news. Her dad handed him a bag of nuts. "These will take you you her, roll them into the ground and focus on what you want to find, they'll point out the way. Stay safe... take some people with you. We would go, but we are needed here..."

"Thank you..."

He rode over to the Prince who had beheaded the dragon as the knights cheered. Jacus told the news to the King and his father who both agreed that Arwena needed to be saved. The Prince volunteered to help. Jacus turned to the elders, "Is there any elf who would led me their aid in saving Arwena Wood? Elvish skill would be very helpful."

Two archers, the man on the elk and a woman who had a white horse and blonde hair came forward. "We are friends of hers, and she helped my wife get better... " Orion also stepped up with his leopard at his side. "She trained with me... and although she scares the hell out me... She is still powerful and the next head guard... and as rangers we are supposed to assist the head guard. " He looked at the other rangers, a few women stepped up, the others hung back.

They all gathered around Jacus. "Lead the way." The one on the elk said.

Arwena was unconscious, in a cocoon. She slowly woke as the web was cut around her but her body still refused to move. The powerful smell of the swampland made her eyes water. Drago was in another room of a large hut bent out of the trees, bound in chains and muzzled so he could barely move.

"Thank you all... the webbing makes me think they went back to the swamps... let's go..." He patted Kayden and the party headed off following the trail until the forest was too thick for mounts. "Eyes and ears open... weapons at the ready, this is their turf..."

The elk had a hard time this antlers, but bummed Jacus. The elf ridding it pointed up, and he and the woman notched arrows. The spider was above them. They fired and it attacked spitting web and waving it's legs. A saddle on its back said it was one they used in battle. Orion stabbed it in the middle, missing the thorax where the heart was. It hissed at spit at them. A second joined the first.

Arwena was in chains, and was changed by the two eleven riders into a .jpg]outfit that made her flushed and lash out at them. She snarled and mutters spells, but the elvish on the cuffs glowed and drained her power. She was dragged to the main room where the Prince was and a dark priest was with a knife for the dark elf mating ceremony. Drago was in this room, in the corner, a elf with an ax stood at the ready.

She spat on him. "You can't make me be your wife you foul trolls butt of a Orc!"

"try me... " He grabbed her wrist and yanked her close, running a finger down her neck. She bit him and he raised a hand, the elf with the ax lifted and struck the wooden floor with a scream from Arwena. The blade inches away from the wolf's nose.

"I wouldn't care if you're happy, or broken... taking you, I get back at that Dragon child, and I get a feisty bride I have all the time in the world to tame.... you will obey me, or the wolf dies."

Arwena sobbed and nodded as he yanked her to her feet and looked at the priest. They began the long ceremony.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus cut through anything is his way with ease, his anger visible and almost making a steam off his body. He lead the group through defensive waves until they reached their goal.

(outfit)

They killed the spiders and came up to two trolls, killing them too. They reached the hut.

Arwena stood still threw the ceremony, until the end where her hand had to be cut and her bloody palm had to be pressed against his bear chest, and he had to do the same thing above the skimpy outfit. She fought at this, and then a scream cut the air coupled with a howl of pain as the ax elf inside broke the wolf's leg. The knife cut her palm as she hung limp against her chains.

"Oh that's it!" He fired an arrow at the axe elf and charged in with the group, running right for Arwena and the Prince. "GET AWAY FROM HER!!" He drew his blade as he charged full force at him.

The arrow hit it's mark and the elf went down. The Prince snagged the knife from the priest and yanked her in front of him with it to her neck. "STOP! Or I will kill her!

Arwena was limping eyes glazed from pain and fear. "Jacus!" She gasped as the knife nicked her neck, she had a few other marks that looked like they were healed., the spiders bite was on her side, the marks still visible.

Jacus paused for a second, his eyes flared with fire as he began to speak in draconic, the translation was made telepathically but it stabbed at the Prince's mind. "If you kill her,you die... Either way you lose. You have no honor, no royalty... Just a desperate rat hiding behind a knife..."

Both elves froze in fear. Arwena looked even more frightened, knowing draconian from her grandmother and understood him. She yelped when the Prince unfroze and cut her shoulder as he yanked back the knife lighting fast and threw it at Jacus, still hiding behind her. He put a hand around her neck and squeezed. She gasped and muttered spells, growing paler and weaker each time she did so, both from his hands and the other from her chains. "I am still a Prince, you can't kill me with out starting a war with the dark elves Dragon child!"

"He can if you're disowned...Elder Garen told us we had the clear.. your father signed the paper this morning...." Orion said by the door, as the priest fled the room. The elf should've kept his mouth shut. The dark elve squeezed until Arwena twitched weakly, gasping for air. "Then I'll take her to the grave with me!"

The knife hit Jacus in the armor, but he didn't stammer, he slammed down on the prince's arm and grabbed him by the neck, "Your going down along Dark Elf..." From that view, the Prince could see the knife fall out, the blade melted from fiery hot blood. Jacus stared hominem the eyes, Jacus' were red and silted like a dragon, his breath hot like flame, "You are bold to test me whelp... But you are done running..." He tightening his grip but throw him against a wall before breaking his neck, "Face me on your feet!"

The slam broke his arm and he coughed up blood as he struggled to his feet, grabbing a torch from the wall and attempted to stab him with the sharpened point. Arwena lay on the floor motionless, but Drago was still there and breathing, so she was alive. The other elves was releasing Drago when the felt the chance of the air and watched the fight with wide eyes.

Jacus quickly sidestepped, punching the Prince's other arm with full force, and then kicking him in the chest. "It's over for you... I will feed your body to the fire..."

"So you'll give me a proper funeral anyway... how quaint... " He coughed up more blood and smirked at him. Jacus dislocated his other arm, his breathing was heavy and wheezing, a few ribs broken.

One elf turned away and finished getting off the chains on the wolf and braced the leg with his sword sheath. Arwena winced with her wolf, but still was out cold, body drained and weak. She woke a little when two ranger woman rushed up and covered her with their cloaks, one putting herbs in her hand and binding it, the other rubbed a cool cloth on her head.

She winced again, and opened her eyes, her sight fuzzy but clearing. "Jacus..."

Jacus growled, "Oh you wish." He grabbed the Prince's face as Jacus' hand grew bright red and hot like a forge iron, the fire spreading over the Dark Elf as he burned alive.

(( blink.gif ))

The ranger women saw this and fled to the other side of the room. The elves looked queasy and turned away. Burning the dead was a right, burning the living was worse then burying the body.

Arwena sat up with a few coughs and looked over her shoulder as the dark elf Prince turned into ash, bone and all. She only saw the ash fall and attempted to scramble up on weak knees , but stepped on the trailing cloth and fell flat, rolling over and attempted to crab walk back, but her hurt hand buckled under her weight. She didn't know what was more frightening, the fact she almost lost her soul half and her own life, or the man she loved was...... draconic..... but it seemed more like he was a demon then Dragon at the moment...

Jacus huffed over the ashes as his prey had been killed. He turned and looked at Arwena, and seeing her safe, relaxed as his body returned to normal. He fell to his knees and looked at her with a loving smile. With a breath of relief, he fainted. Peter ran to help him and get the group out of there.