Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"I never had his cooking so I wouldn't compare, but his mom rivals yours ..." Arwena laughed and ate as her parents filled them in what happened while they were gone.

It was late b the time they cleaned up and headed to bed. Arwena heads upstairs when she growled and pressed her back against the wall. "Dragon.... angry..... close.... " She gasped out.

Arwena waited a moment then righted herself. "Yes, I'm fine now. Lets go to bed and get some sleep...."She went to her room to change into her nightgown.

Arwena crawls in next to him. "Goodnight.." She kissed his cheek and cuddles with him until she fell asleep.

((Lets go ahead a week, the army regrouped and are marching at the forest, the black Dragon and the other cat beasts things are in the front lines.))

((Uh sure, I'm not a sure of an initial set up... So you can post something and I'll roll with it.))

Elves ran about forming ranks among the trees as the dark storm approached. Archers at the ready, arrows aimed at the black beasts in front of the goblin army, dire spiders with dark elf riders scuttled beside a large black Dragon with a missing fore claw behind them. Two cave trolls with clubs marched among the goblins.

Arwena was sat with the mounted archers, Drago in his armor and a elk beside him. A Phoenix screamed and every elf fell in a silence like the entire Forest realm was holding it's breath.

A scout whispers to a elder. "We're out numbered three to one on goblins alone, those beasts are hard to kill and they have a Dragon, spiders and cave trolls and my hawk say displacer beasts in the far back, twenty of them. This is bad... I don't like our odds even with magic we don't have enough elves..."

The Dragon roars and Arwena's mark burned and itched. She kept her arrow steady.... they need help.

((Some battle of the five armies censorkip.gif here.))

The black Dragons roar was matched by another... Than another. Two dragons flew overhead, one was the Mayor of Unity and the other armored one wore Unity's crest, must be the military general. Both armies were then flanked but an army of many different species.

Trumpets blew from the opposite side as the clatter of metal and horses filled the air. The human army hastily made its way to support the elvish flank. Catapaults and trebuchet swerve set up, the king led the march, the Prince at his side, his knights of the crown behind him. Jacus rode next to his father. The two new armies took position on the elvish flanks and paused. The leaders moved the front of the elf formation to talk to the leaders.

((But... there's only four... tongue.gif ))

Thrii was on a war horse, while the other male elder was on a bear, dressed in armor and ready for war. They both nodded to the king. The two women elders where behind them at a tent medical supplies and herbs at the ready.... Far's Phoenix perched atop the Forest realm crest along with Kia, the falcon. Arwena's parents were inside the tent.

The evil army split in three, most facing the elves and humans, the others against unity. The Dragon took to the air and breathed a swath of emerald flames in the air. On a nightmare mount, sat the son of the dark elves...

Arwena watched with the other mounted soldiers, drawing back on her bow with more force. A ripple of hope wound through the army. Lives would be lost, but a victory was assured with so many on their side, and two dragons.

Jacus rode over to Arwena, "Not my first choice of a bachelor party... But certainly more men than a normal one. You got enough girls for a wedding shower too." He smirked. The generals discussed the plan, archers on the beasts, the dragons would focus the black dragon, and the swordsman would overwhelm the others

"I need to focus. .......... I don't know what a wedding shower is. That's a human thing then...... " She said quietly.... never taking her eyes off the target. She said something in elvish, loudly to the other archers and they shifted their aim to the beasts. After several deep breaths. "You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice at a time like this.... I though... we all did for a moment.... that we would never see what we love again... that we all would be among the stars.... " She blinked hard and took a shaky breath.

Some archers where holding a light conversation, asking about family and loved ones. The elf next to them spoke about two human children his wife stayed behind to take care of to a human catapult person. He had dark hair and rode a elk with large antlers.

"They speak of family, we find it helps us not lose hope, and have courage to fight till final breath...." She explained.

Jacus was about to say something but a loud laugh could be heard, it was the human king, "Who can boast that they fought in a battle such as this?! The halls at home will sing of these days for centuries to come!" He moved over to the elvish elders and dragons, "Sorry if it may seem rude, but we would like to take the first shot... With a special weapon we worked on with the dwarves." A large rattle could be heard as a large metal machine came in from behind the human army. Giant saw blades locked into the firing device. "We call it the 'Equalizer'." He had a huge grin on his face, the mayor and her brother were just studying the machine not caring for the Kings request.

"We should shoot those beasts first. They are waiting for the shadow to reach us." Arwena said. The elder nodded. "She is right. They will break out lines if they attack, we need to be rid of them right away. First arrows, then..... whatever that is... it isn't about who shoots first, I wish to leave with nearly all of my people, the fewer we send to the stars, the better off we and the Forest, are. You are not fighting to keep your homes safe.. this is out home. Those beasts have taken elvish blood and destroyed our trees... we have every right to first shot."

Arwena looked at Jacus. "Ready your bow, and remember my training. You take your shot with me. Humans and elves are both proud people... we take the shot together.... aim for the beast first to the right of the nightmare horse. "

The king scoffed, "We are fighting for both of our lands. If your land falls, so will ours. We are not fighting as allies, but as brothers sharing a common earth... But if you insist this is just a fight for your land alone, then please take the first shot." He smiled in a humorous way, not trying to be a jerk.

Jacus nodded, drawing his bow, "I wish you luck in all of this... I don't know what I would do if we couldn't see each other in the end."

"May the Lord Corellon Larethian, guard you safely... I wish you all the luck in the world my love..... on the count of three...one..."

"My people fight for their home, but this is to us less about winning then getting back home with less dead. We are few... and are very glad for alleys, but we must think this through. The beasts are the issue. Our next head guard told us it's blood is acidic, it will eat yours and our blades. Can you guarantee that that thing can kill the beasts as well as my archers can?"

"Two....."

"How can you even aim that thing? You might hit trees and cause branches to fall on our allies with that."

"Three!" She released her arrow and both impaled the beast, not in the head, the other in the chest. It fell over, and melted so only bone was left. Then the others screamed. The storm's shadow was only halfway to the armies, the goblins and trolls can't move in sunlight, they had to wait to charge with backup. The Dragon roars and shot a ball of green fire above the western unity flank making them duck and raised their shields.

Jacus flinched as Arwena's signal also caused the people running the Equalizer to fire too, the explosion sending a massive spinning sawblade at the enemy lines, cutting through anything that it went through. With the flinch Jacus misfired up into the air, the arrow disappearing into the clouds. "Oh..."

The blade cut several dozen goblins and beast things the blood melting enemy weapons and burning them as the monsters where cut to bits.

Another roar sounded and the black Dragon huffed a mighty cloud of ash, covering the rest of the way in shadow, and the enemy charged. "Fire!" Arwena shouted in common and elvish. A wave of arrows darkened the sky further before hitting the moving targets. Trolls knocked aside people on the unity sides, the beasts where nearly all melted but three or for connected with the shield wall and started deteriorating them.

Jacus and the human army charged, using what light was left in the sky to reflect it on their shields. The battle began as all fronts collided.

Arwena fired arrows until she ran out, Drago did most of the close combat fighting. He had goblins impaled on his horns, claws ripped up earth and flesh beneath him, jaws snapped and snarled at anything that came close.

The black Dragon swooped at the smaller less armored target, the blue Dragon. It locked its talons on hers and tried to bite at her wings before breaking apart and spewing flames.

The goblins were pushed back, the spiders biting anything that came near, but two where down, a few rangers with humans finishing the job as another two fought the rider. Trolls knocked many back, but one on the west side fell. It was chaos, and in the middle of it all, the dark Prince fought the human Prince, his horse burning swathes of grass and fur off the bear making the elders back off.

The Prince grinned like his father, "You can't win! I have someone special to get home to, I'm not dying to the likes of you!" He fought with skill and determination, a mind set focused on the end goal of returning to his love.

Jacus jumped onto a troll and stabbed at it's neck, Kayden kicking it's leg to topple it over.

The two other dragons took to the sky and fought the black one, the red armored one doing all the physical work, the mayor blasting ice from her mouth.

"Foolish boy! he snarled and his horse blew fire as he slashed his sword, pressing harder, using old forgotten sword tricks against the Prince.

The Dragon made steam by blowing fire and fighting the other Dragon snapping at wings, using its barbed tail to smash armor on him.

Arwena shot a Displacer beast as it leaped onto the fallen troll to attack Jacus with her last arrow, then unstrung her bow, twisting it so it split into two curved blades and slashed at the goblins around her. She saw the king and the elders, the goblins and spider riders targeting them. Quickly she charged Drago into the ranks and leaped off shifting into a polar bear fighting back the goblins by using magic, pounding the earth with her paws and making holes or sharp rocks impale them. She took on a spider, Drago helping her. The elders now had the upper hand.

Jacus saw she was fine and drew his attention to a pressed Prince. He slashed through to the two and drop kicked the dark elf's horse, staggering up to face him with Peter. "Hello again... Ready for round 2?"

The horse stumbled and fell with a scream. The drow got up with a sneer and two wicked looking blades. "Dragon child..... you caught me off guard last time... this time, I'll cut you to pieces for humiliating me!" He kicked the Prince aside and attacked Jacus.

The goblins where starting to be pushed back, their numbers fewer and fewer, the trolls gone, only two spiders left, both focused on the wolf and the bear, the displacer beasts where gone.

The Dragon was bleeding and faltering in the air, but he fought only one Dragon now, blowing fire at close range on the dragon's armor.

Jacus pointed the black sword at him, "You won't even get the chance. Have at you!" He charged with a piercing strike, readying for a block or parry to counter.

He blocked with one blade attacked with the other. He fought dirty, kneeing and hitting him on the body, stomping on his feet pushing him back.

The war was fading, the goblins depleted and the two riders made their retreat. One blew a horn. The Dragon fell to the earth, not dead yet but injured. At the horn the elf pushed him into a trench made by the saw and ran and mounted his horse running off after the spiders with a growl of frustration.

The elves carried the wounded, only a handful had died... they mourned them and started preparing the boats for the burnings.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf