Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Arwena had also changed and seemed to have washed, she had gathered her and his parents and had made a dinner for them in celebration. " feel better darling?"

"Much better! And I am hungry."

Catherine worked in the kitchen too, sharing some of her home grown herbs in. Tyrus was seated, petting Drago. Snow was there too, sitting in Arwena's chair.

Sango rushed in and grinned at Jacus. "Good! Your up! I was about to slap you awake just saw my daughter would eat something and get out of that room! So glad you're alright!" He hugged him and sat down. Arwena helped him to a chair and set snow on her lap as she ate, spoiling the cat with drops of goat cream on her finger tip, bits of salmon and tuna.

Snow purred as she nibbled at the scraps and licked Arwena's fingers. Jacus looked at them and smirked, "Stop spoiling my cat or I'll spoil your wolf." He looked at Drago with a grin.

"Go ahead, he already likes you better, I just wanted to get even with you and your cat is adorable.... " She said as she gave snow a little bit of crab meat. Her dad chuckled. Arwena winked at Jacus.

"I'll tell you what, I'll give you Snow if I get Drago. She sucks at hunting mice anyway, so you don't need to worry about her dropping small dead animals at your feet." He laughed and patted Drago.

Arwena laughed. "He can be your pet, but he's still my soul half. Besides, how can you not like this kitty!? She's like me when I'm a cat..." She finished eating and set snow on Jacus's lap as she cleaned up her things.

"I'll take both then! I don't think they would complain. How could anyone keep Snow from Drago?"

"I know! Their almost inseparable!" She laughed and hugged him for behind and kissed his cheek. "Enjoying a good dinner? All this fish gives protein and helps the body regain strength."

Jacus smiled, "Trust me, fish will fear me more than any shark." He finished and sat back with a sigh.

Jacus paused for a moment, "There was something I was meaning to share... I wasn't exactly unconscious in the last two days... I was training."

"What? What dose that...... meditating you mean? Druids do that, in order to call our companions. We meditate for a day..." She tilted her head

Jacus shook his head, "No... I was in a large dark space... After awhile, the spirit of the dragon who died and passed his soul to me appeared. He trained my soul for two days... Told me my strengths and weaknesses. The benefits and boons of this gift."

Arwena was silent, not sure how to respond to this. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know. She let go of him and headed upstairs after cleaning up.

Jacus waited for her to return, not sure how to feel about her silence. Was he just crazy? Or was he out too long. Maybe a dream? Jacus knew it was real...

Arwena didn't come back down the stairs. Drago huffed and nosed Jacus's shoulder. "Tell the others what happened. Arwena....doesn't wish to know. She's just happy your safe. I don't think she wants to know the downside of this ability. I can tell she's still worried, but is trying to hide it for your sake."

Jacus sighed, "She's already seen the downside Drago, you have too..." Getting up he went and shared the same news to the others.

Drago's eyes clouded as he spoke with Arwena. After a moment he nudged Jacus and looked at the stairs, Arwena came down, looking curious as she came up to him. "That was.... The downside of the gift?"

Jacus nodded, "Uncontrollable rage if I am set off... But please know I would never hurt anyone I love... Please don't be afraid of me..."

Jacus smiled, "Well... Increased strength and some dragon powers. Immunity to most diseases, slightly faster healing... And..." He hugged her and whispered into her ear, "Extended lifespan..."

At this, she gasped and hugged him tight. "You'll..... You'll be able to live longer.. and be with me.. " She whispers before kissing him and leaning against him. "No more worries...." She murmurs to herself. "I love you Jacus.."

"I love you too... So very much... I will for as long as I live." He kisses her and smiles, "I would love if you would spend eternity with me, as my wife..."

Arwena smirked. "Is this your way of asking me to marry you? Not what I expected, but.... you know I would love to stand by you as your wife, my dear Jacus. Now... how are you feeling right now? We got your sister's wedding to go through before we can plan our own..."