Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

((Snowball ))

Arwena looked at jacus concerned. "She said your father is inside and ill and your sister and mom are out getting food. I might be able to heal what ales your father if we head inside ..... druids are counted as healers...and elvish medicine is renowned for its effectiveness and power.."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus thought for a moment and tried the door. "Locked. Come around back. Drago and Kayden can stay in the back yard." He opens the gate to the back and lets Drago and Kayden in. He goes and checks the door and opens it.

Snowball rubs against Arwena's leg. "So miss Drewwed, how did you meet Master Jacus?"

Arwena followed him closely and told Drago to stay. "I met him after he went away to send that letter. He came across my people and they sent me with him. I was to keep him safe on his trip." She looked around the home at everything inside. She spotted a tapestry. "This must be your sister's work... She is very good.. I'm impressed..and it is big to impress a elf" she chuckled a little. "First thing first, let me tend to your father. I what to help you when I can. ..."

Snowball looked up at Arwena and flicked her tail, "What's an Elf?"

Jacus sighed, "I'm guessing you talking to my cat since you saying random sentences..." He went upstairs and heard coughing. He opened the door to a shape in the bed. Jacus motioned for Arwena and stayed quiet.

"I will answer you later snowy. Yes jacus I was." She followed him quickly and quitely. She had set her things down in the hallway and dug out her medical bag and herb pouch.

Sir Tyrus looked like an older Jacus with dark silver hair and short beard. For his age looks quite fit and handsome, but his skin is pale as he shivers under the blanket. A bowl of soup half eaten next to him.

Arwena tied her hair back, bent over him and examined him carefully. "Hmmm. Your mother knew what she was doing ... she mixed herbs in the stew to help stomach aches and reduce pain. " she began mixing and muttering elvish spells over a morter that looked like it was carved from a unicorn horn. Waving her hand over it three times counter clockwise, she added a drop from a vile of liquid like white pearls. Then she carefully tipped it into his father's mouth and made him swallow.

"Phoenix tears are the best for any healing draught. Rare and hard for anyone but me and my family to get. You saw my grand mother's animal.. Phi-haw only sheds her tears for us. Sir Tyrus should be up and about in a half hour, at the most, at the least five to ten minutes.It depends on what illness he has. A severe one would take longer to heal then a belly ache or fever..."

((Dose that sound to op? Phoenix tears are known to cure any sickness and heal any wound (in some cases bringing the near dead [or according to a certain miracle worker "slightly dead"] back to life) combined with elvish medicine and magic...... I thought it would be in that range..)

((it's not OP since it's what they are like. Just over the top in case of what he really needs...))

((Silly dotz. You forget to post! She didn't want to wake him up to find out what exactly he had so she just did a basic cure all thing.))

The spell stopped the coughing and his face grew color, but she could see he was still in pain from something.

"Is he going to be alright?" Jacus stood behind her looking down at his father with concern.

Snowball jumped onto Drago, Mreow... you are very fluffy. She looked to Kayden, Hello there! I'm Snowball!

Arwena studies him. "Wake him up a little so I can ask him what hurts him. If I pinpoint the problem, I can cure him, but his illness is gone that much I can see...." She said quietly. "I would wake him but he doesn't know me, and it would startle him that I'm in the house; he doesn't need that right now. You are a familiar face and his only son, I'm sure he'd be happy to see you home, and you can briefly introduce me, and say I'm trying to help him. We can be properly introduced later when he is better."

Drago let the cat on him, he was currently laying down under the bedroom window where Jacus and Arwena was at. Kayden looked up and at the cat. I am Kayden, of the forest. You match the wolf, I thought the fur was talking to me!"

((Yes... sorry it was along night...))

Jacus nudged at his father, "Dad... wake up dad. It's Jacus, I'm home."

Tyrus groaned and looked up with a slight smile. "Son, It's good to see you... I wish I was more presentable..."

"It's okay... I brought a healer. What is the issue?"

Tyrus cringed as he shifted, pulling out his arm wrapped in bandages. Jacus undid the wrapping and looked in concern as Tyrus' arm was a sickly black what looked like a nasty bite mark.

"What did this to you?"

"Some nasty black thing in the woods... killed two others before we scared it off..."

"..."

Arwena's blood turned to ice in her vains. She quickly got the vile of Phoenix tears, and another of a silver liquid, a third of a wine dark glowing substance. A white hair and a kings foil weed. She muttered curses in elvish. "The beast Jacus, the beast bit him... one elf came back with that .... I watched my mother heal him... the second elf didn't make it....." Her fingers shook as she carefully measured out doses and mixing a paste. Muttering words like "powdered Dragon claw, dire wolf whisker.... unicorn blood, Phoenix tears, blood from Lolith and elf blood..... " The last she said while she took a silver dagger and cut her hand. She mixed the ingredients and carefully applied it to his wound. The blood would fight off and render the poison harmless, werewolf whisker, and tears would heal and boost the immune system. Lolith was the queen of drow, and was half spider. A single drop of blood from her human half can cure any poison, her spider half, kill anything like acid......acid...... by the moon and stars......

"I think I know what those beasts are made of...at least, what was put to make them..."

"Acid? Are you sure? That looked darker and more slimy than acid.."

Tyrus grunted in pain as she pressed the ingredients into his wound, enough pain to bring a tear to his eye.

"Hang in there... you are doing ok..."

Arwena looked at him. She wasn't speaking out loud was she? "The beasts blood was acidic, the bite was venomous, a lot of Lolith's blood was used to make them, and the only ones who has access to her is our Dark cousins.... they are behind it... but the king seemed surprised at the monsters mentioned....... so he isn't behind it. But who? Nearly done sir, I just need to wrap it up and say a spell..."She did so as quickly and painless as she can make it, murmuring the words before letting go of his arm and stumbling back, drained once more.

"The skin was like a brown recluse bite. Lolith's blood acts the same as the venom of the spider, deteriorating the skin and tissue around the bitten area. From the damage he had it for a few days, any longer..... it would have entered his lungs, and thus eating away at him, he would have died... quite painfully slow........ I am drained now.... if there is anything more to be done I wouldn't be able to do it... to much magic use in such a small span of time is quite draining..." She put her hand on her head like it hurt her, swaying once more and falling on her rump silver blue eyes glazed.

Jacus hugged her, "You have done already so much for him..."

Tyrus was passed out again, his breathing calmed and he looked less in pain.

Arwena smiled whispering. "He would be my family too some day. You love your father as much as I love my crazy father.... I had to help. I don't want to see you sad...." She leaned against him relaxing, she was glad she was here to help his father, and that they came back in time. His mother must be so worried, and his sister too. They can calm down now that an elf was here to heal Sir Tyrus.

Jacus helped her up, "You can rest in my bed. I'll watch father until the ladies come back and I explain the huge wolf in the yard..." He laughed a little.

Arwena burst into a fit of giggles. "Drago would probably try and hold a conversation with them forgetting he can only speak to you because of that necklace...." She nodded and struggled to her feet. "I probably won't sleep through, I would like to get started on those books. just let me know when the girls come back.."

Jacus nodded, "Okay... thank you again... I owe you big time Arwena." He pulled up a chair next to his father and waited."

((gtg for now))

"Consider it even. You helped me with the arrows, and with the dark elves.... I'm still indebted to you for that... " She walked up to him and kissed his cheek lightly, before heading to the hall and grabbing her things. She didn't know where his room was so she moved her things out of the way and when outside with her bag of books and started to read them, marking pages and passages with different leaves to help her reference them by importance.

Another hour passes. Tyrus is still sleeping and Jacus looks tired. Snowball is outside on her back playing with Drago's tail. There is a knock on the door.

Arwena being the keen sensed elf, heard the knock and marks her page and got up and tentatively answered the door. Her silver white hair was tied back , and her Elven features where quite noticeable. She opened the door and in her musical accented voice she said, "Hello?" And depending on who was at the door she also replied smoothly, "Sir Tyrus is sleeping and can not come to the door, but his son is back, should I get him for you?"

The man at the door blinked as Arwena answered the door. He looked like a young clean shaved version of the kings. "Uh... Jacus is back?"