Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus nodded and finished. Gathering his things he went down to Kayden and patted him, "Well looks like we are going home, I'm sure you'll love it there."

Kayden winnied and snorted. Arwena was already on Drago who was saddled and ready. She had two swords, a long one on her hip, a even longer one with a ivory handle on her back. She had two bags this time, and was fiddling in one that looked like it had a few books inside, before she buckled it up. "Ready when you are, the human kingdom isn't that far from us...."

Jacus smiled, I'm always ready to go home, lead us out of the woods and I'll lead on from there."

Jacus nodded and took the lead, "As you say Ranger-Druid." The forest spaced out and the path fused into a much larger path that looked well traveled.

"I'm no ranger yet, just a druid, although I am officially a head guard. I brought a sword as a gift to the king himself, it was forged between Dragon elf and dwarf as a symbol of piece.... to give it to the king and his line is to ensure prolonged piece between the dragon, elf, dwarf and man. It's the one on my back. The Elders thought it would be better if I presented it to him as a alliance between our armies. Like all blades that are elvish, it is magic and would disappear if used for war against one of the three other races...... I also brought one for your father.... I also have some books to go over while I am there.... I need to plan. " She muttered under her breath.

"The books contain every elvish tradition from the first age till now. She is trying to find someway to make this arrangement void. "

((blade but about a three and a half feet long blade in sheath yeah I know it's from the hobbit but the name isn't the same it's karka rakka for future reference))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus nodded, "I'm sure they will all love them. I will be sure to send you back with gifts from my family. I didn't really shop at Unity like you did. You've done so much for me in this journey." He gave her a smile and rode lead, by now the trees were much more scattered with the plains, they could see farmlands coming up.

"You did too. I have learned more about your people then I have in a century... my gifts are a way to repay you for that knowledge. I can teach you archery here too... fix your aim a little bit...." She looked around at the farms they where passing and saw one pulling a barrel of water, the wood had holes in it to water the crops. "If they use a irrigation system like us elves, they wouldn't need to do that..."

"The simple farmers out here don't know your ways... you advance us in some fields of technology, but we excel you in others."

"Like how? Those things at unity?" She asked still watching the farms. One farm looked poor, with hardly any crops. She muttered something, and the bent brown stalks grew tall and green and healthier then the other farms. She smiled at the young girl who witnessed this and ran inside to her parents excitedly.

"Some of that... but mostly in weaponry..." He looked a bit down but shrugged it off. "I hate avoidable fights... but to protect our people, I never hold back.

"You mean you don't have swords and bows? Pity.....I like fighting, only if I know I'd win, and fist fights..... I'm a little stronger then most elf women so, when a guy gets knocked out cold, by a girl, well.... it humiliating. But wars..... no. I would rather be a healer then to fight in the ranks. Kicking butt is one thing, killing people and watching friends die is another."

"..." Jacus holds up his sword and bow. "I meant we have more than just these when it comes to warfare.

"Well I'd like to see them. Perhaps us elves need to learn a thing or two from humans... and you can learn some things from us..." She pointed ahead. "Is that the kingdom?"

Jacus smiled and looked at the towering fortress and castle built into a small mountain. "Yeah. This is the place. My home." Farmers and merchants are going about their lives.

"I never seen anything like it before.... " Now it was her turn to be amazed at all the colors and houses and such that made up the castle, she also seemed surprised to see the lower folk ware plain dull colors. In her kingdom, no one wore dull colored clothes at all.

Jacus looked at Arwena's face, "Unfortunately there is a class system, so there are many who are simple farmers and laborers, but justice is fair and the people are loyal to the king, who is loyal back." He looked up to the castle, "Built when humans first settled here... it has never been taken, and never will be by enemies of the crown."

"Unfortunately our forests has been burned a couple times in history, once by humans before the treaty...... another by dragons before we made a deal. I guess that's different. Your home is made of stone and well guarded, mine is wood.... and is open to the elements.... um... I don't thing people see many elves here..." She looked around and several people stopped and looked at her. "I think they are more concerned about the wolf you're ridding on.... they seem to jump out of the way. I'm I really that scary?" Drago's tone was a whimper. He didn't want to scare people without meaning too. Arwena me and forward and rubbed his neck and chest. " you're not scary, you're just big. But I know you are really just a big fluffy puppy... " She scratched his ears and his tail went nuts and he pulled his lips back in a grin so wide he sneezed.

"Elves are not too common here... thought we may get some from Unity so it's not like your a new thing to this place... Drago may be more stared at. Many people tell tales about surviving Dire Wolf attacks in the mountains. That and there is no way to really hide you. We could have put a hood on Arwena and she would blend in."

"Ah, my descendents are still at work in the mountains.... As you said before, a wolf's got to eat....I'll just find a white surface and blend in.." Arwena laughed. "If only you can hide your black nose and blue eyes you'll be fine!" She looked at Jacus. "So where exactly is your home?"

"Further up, closer to the castle. It's still a decent walk away from here. Any last second questions?"

"My sister is Solessa. My mother is Catherine and my father is Sir Tyrus." He smiled at the thought of his family. It's been so long. They got to the outer gate which was open to traffic. The guards waved Jacus and Arwena down to stop.

"Who goes there... And what are you doing bringing this... Beast to the gates."

"I am Jacus, Knight of the Crown. I return from my mission given by the king. This is my companion from the Elvish Woods, her wolf is with us too. I assure you that they will cause no issues."

Then men grumbled in thought of what to do.

"Very well. The royal guards at the next gate will verify you better. Move along."

"If they try to split me from Drago, I'll be very angry.." She muttered, her back straight and stiff, Drago walking like a horse as though trying to imitate one. "Your sister has a pretty name."

Jacus smiled, "I'm sure you two will get along nicely." Jacus lead them through streets that seemed closer related to Unity except all humans.