Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"I said it would be a walk. We got to hold all these people somehow." They reached a gate. The guards this time had gold lining their steel armor. This gate was closed.

"Identity!"

Jacus told them his name and his guests.

"Jacus? Alright then, go on through."

The gate opened to a beautiful part of the city. Blossoming trees, wonderfully built houses, and a good view of the castle.

"Arwena, Drago, welcome to the "Heart of Mankind!" "

Both Arwena and Drago was slack jawed and frozen in place until Kayden nickers and Drago trotted to keep up. "Wow.... ......" She looked around amazed, although Drago saw more then one high merchant duck and hide, and although Arwena was oblivious, two or three drew a sword or a newer weapon, a slender thing with a wooden handle.

"I think these guys had run ins with my descendents... they do not look happy..." He moved closer to Kayden.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus sighed, "Just ignore them. They won't do anything drastic unless attacked. The guards will make sure of that. Come on, we are going to the castle first so the king knows we are alive and he can send a letter back to Televere. might also want to report the dragon that came below the cloudline."

"And I can give him his gift.... " She urged Drago to walk faster. "Jacus..." her voice was vary soft and quiet. "Do you really think you're parents would like me?..... would we have to hide around them like we had to around my parents?....and I'm... your cape is still..." Her voice got quieter. His cape was still on backwards, and it hurt her a little, although she didn't know why.

Jacus gasped in surprise and flipped his cape back to normal, "Shoot, I'm so sorry, I forgot it was like that!" He looked upset and angry at himself.

"It's.........fine but, what about my other two questions? Would they like a elf with a fire wolf for a soul half? Would we have to hide our relationship around them too?" They where definitely closer to the castle now, how big was this city really?

Pretty big since there are a lot of humans compared to elves. Regardless they make it to the castle gate and are let in after Jacus does his thing again. "I say leave our relationship quiet for the moment... as for an elf and direwolf, I'm sure they will be fine. Solessa loves animals of all kinds just not at the druid level."

(Late, night I'll post in morning))

Arwena nodded and was silent as they passed through the castle gate and until the gut up to the door where a page took Kayden's lead from Jacus as Arwena dismounted Drago.

((Okay))

Many flags lined the ways, each with a different color and symbol decorating the tapestries. "This is a grand entrance, these banners are associated to different knights who have proven themselves to the King and have made it to his Elite Group. My father's is right there." He pointed to one decorated in red and silver, the center point is a dragon.

"Do you have one? Or are you under your father?" She looked around and marveled at the tapestries. Drago followed closely to her and she wrapped up the sword handle..

Jacus shook his head with a smile, "No, these are banners of deeds, not banner of a bloodline. It's every knights dream to get one and join the Elite.Some of them are passed down but only when the knight dies and king chooses a worthy successor." An attendant offered to put Drago and Kayden in stable while the other two went to go to the throne room.

Arwena hesitated at this. Who knows how far the stables where and how deep in the castle was the throne room. She could only be a few miles away from Drago and she didn't want to test how far. "Is the stables very far from here, If they aren't I'll go. I have a feeling I'm not welcome in the castle. "

"The royal stables are inside the castle walls. You should be fine. You might even see the King's horse there. The throne room is just ahead through those doors."

Drago nodded and followed the attendant to the stables. Arwena sighed, nervous. She never met a human king before and didn't know how to act. She was glad Jacus was there though.

They walked into an elaborate hall with everything that symbolized royalty. Gold, precious gems, royal guards and servants, etc. the throne was empty and a servant approached them, "Sorry but the king is currently cleaning up, he fell off his horse so he is taking a bath to get the dirt off."

"The king fell off his horse?"

"Indeed. He found it quite funny, one of the saddle straps broke after all these years."