Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus chuckled, still breathing heavy from the fight, "That's why you leave heavy weapons to me... Come, we will go with the Prince. The city guard will handle the rest..."

Jacus nodded, "Walk home, Kayden should also take her back. I will catch up later." He helped Arwena up on the horse.

Drago nodded and Arwena was asleep. Kayden kept her balenced and walked with her,following the guards and the Prince. "how will she get off when she is sleeping? We should just come to the castle with you, she brought her medical bag so she can help people. By the way she is breathing she would be awake by the time we get there. Your father is fine, the wound looking better but it would be a day or two before he is on his feet again...."

((Sorry was on phone and couldn't post a lot))

((Stop apologizing, it's alright. I'm just taking a small break from this))

Jacus nodded, "Thank you Drago." They went into the castle courtyard. Some tents were set up for the prisoners to eat, recover, and get better clothes. Family members were allowed in to make sure everyone was okay. When Jacus walked in with the Prince, Solessa ran over and hugged and kissed them both.

S- "Jacus! Your back! I'm so happy to see you!"

((For the sake of my memory, the Prince's name is Peter))

Peter smiled and kissed Solessa, "I was so worried..." Jacus nodded in agreement and went over to his mother, "Mom?" Catherine hugged Jacus in near tears, "I'm so happy your back, your father is very ill..."

Jacus smiled and looked at her, "I know, I got him a healer, I was told we will recover in around 2 days. He's fine now."

Solessa went over to Drago with a big smile, "Well aren't you the hero of the day? Good boy." She patted his head, unafraid. She held out her hand to Drago, "Shake?"

Drago wagged his tail weakly and sat down lifting his huge paw and dwarfing her hand. After his shake he lay down and started cleaning his blood stained fur on his belly. "I like your sister, she is not scared of me. And she called me a hero!" He looked at Jacus with a goofy grin and sneezed his tail kicking up dirt and dust as he thumped it on the rock.

Arwena leaned to the side and fell off of Kayden waking up with a start. The horse pulled her up using his lead. She leaned heavily on Kayden watching Jacus and his family before walking to his home to check on his father. Once there she fell asleep on the chair he occupied before, another book held loosely on her lap.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Solessa got down on her knees, "Oh don't lick up that nasty blood!" She quickly got a bucket of water and a large wash towel and helped clean Drago off. Jacus laughed, "Drago likes you a lot Solessa." Solessa smiled, "It's the least I could do. Drago here did save us!" Jacus sighed, "I helped..."

Drago gave her a little kiss on the cheek and let her clean him up. He nosed her looking for injuries on her. "I opened the cage, but you did help quite a bit. So did Arwena, although she might not look it, she is dead on her feet. I want you to get her to sleep tonight Jacus... please? She stayed up last night and the night before, a few moments of sleep will not help her recover her magic. Overuse of magic can kill her! And if she is gone, I fade away too...." Drago gave him the big blue puppy eyes and whines.

Solessa giggled and finished cleaning Drago. She gave him a quick kiss on the head and went back over to Peter.

Jacus sighed, "Relax, I'm not letting her die... we will get her back safety and make her rest."

"She is already back with your father, and was asleep but is now reading again." He lay his head on his paws. Then he saw the two girls who looks less scared then before but still confused. He got up and walked over to them and lay down curling up around them. The oldest looked around ten, the younger one around five and had her thumb in her mouth. They both looked frightened at the bulk of the wolf, but when he didn't bite them, they leaned against his fur and snuggled up against him. "Do not say it... I know I am a big puppy dog as sister puts it."

Jacus just laughed, "Alright alright." He turned to his mother, "I will return to the house. When you two are ready you come back. I just need to make sure my companion is getting much needed rest before meeting you." His mother nodded and Jacus got on Drago. "Lets go."

Drago nosed the girls goodbye and headed to his home and went around back. Arwena was on the back porch reading and making the second book, although this one didn't have that many marks in it as her first one. "How is everyone? Your father should wake soon and his arm looks far better then before...." She said without looking up.

"Everyone is well Arwena, now, off to bed with you. You have been straining yourself too much. You stay in my room. It's the one across from my parents'." He took her hand and pulled her from the chair. "I'm only making you because Drago and I care about you."

"But I have to-......oh alright...." She knew better then to argue with Drago's logic and Jacus proved to be just as stubborn as her wolf. She followed him to his room and lay down. "Your cloak is torn...."She said softly fighting to stay awake.

Jacus looked at it and sighed, "I'm sure Solessa could fix it and make it look like it was never torn. You need to sleep now." He kissed her when she got into bed. "I love you."

She kissed him back murmuring the elvish way of saying I love you as she fell asleep. It didn't take her long to be in a deep sleep.

Drago was in the back yard asleep as well, snoring as softly as a 500lbs wolf could do, his legs twitching as he dreams of chasing things

Jacus went downstairs and go the house in a neat way for when the girls returned. He also felt tired, but not on Arwena's level. He looked out the window and smiled when he saw Snow curled up against Drago. Looking back inside, he sighed in relief to be home, everyone safe.

By that time, the girls were home. Solessa and Jacus were talking downstairs about his trip. Catherine was making dinner, she had taken a bowl of soup to Sir Tyrus an hour ago and fed him.

Arwena herd them and changed her clothes in a mint green gown with gold trim and emerald ivy embroidery. She brushed her hair till it shined, then braided and tired it back with a gold ribbon. She washed her hands and face, then headed down stairs to meet his family. She didn't like to wear dresses, but wanted to appear elegant to his mother and sister. She also brought down their gifts in her hands.

Jacus smiled as she came down, "Good to see you awake!" Solessa got up and took Arwena's hands, putting her hands on Arwena's, "It's so nice to finally meet you. I didn't know elves were so pretty!" Catherine also walked over, "We owe you much for helping my son stay alive. It's a shame the world is not safe to journey around as it used to be..."

Edited by Dotzrus

((

Solessa got up and took Solessa's hands, putting her hands on Arwena's,
something wrong there...))

Arwena smiled softly. "It really is alright, no need to thank me. Jacus got me out of some tight spots too. Thank you Solessa I believe is it? I must say your tapestries are wonderful, and speaking of... Jacus told me about both of you and what you love to do so while in unity I got gifts for the both of you. For Solessa..." She handed her the box of fine thread and weaving material of every color of the rainbow plus metallics. "And for you Catherine, seeds of herbs overseas and a description of what they cure and can be used for. I also have some elvish herb clippings that are easy to grow and are better for fevers and colds and some minor pains and the list of their uses in this envelope.. " She set the herbs and the box of seeds on the table, with a thick envelope on top.

Solessa yelled with joy as she took the threads, "Oh thank you thank you thank you!!" She hugged Arwena. Catherine smiled warmly and calmly, "This is a wonderful gift Arwena. Thank you very much, I'm sure my garden will be more lively than every."