Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"I hope he is okay, but.. falling from a horse is nothing really, try falling off of Drago while going full sprint through the trees....I broke three ribs and my caller bone form colliding with a tree.... " She rubbed her right side remembering the pain. "We should wait..." She looked at Jacus.

"Of course, it is not wise to rush a king from his bath." Jacus tries to hold in a laugh, not as serious in the royal court as Arwena is.

Arwena tilted her head frowning. "I'm sorry but I don't know your royalty customs..... the council is very formal to us......could you explain to me how I should speak to the king?" She undid the strap that held the ornate blade to her back. The scabbard was wood and silver, the handle ivory. The handle and the hilt looked like it was ivory, but it really was a white Dragon fang and claw.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus smiled, "I say since you are new, retain your formal way of speaking. Once he lightens up to you, he is very friendly and will ask you not be more causal. Most of the knights treat him more as a good friend than king, unless it is a serious situation."

Arwena nodded and waited patiently with the sword, planning out how she would present it to the king. Her eyes also got a misty far away look as she talked telepathically to Drago, checking in on him.

She should be in range. The stables are even better than Unity's. They brought Kayden fresh hay and fruit, Drago got choice steak cuts. Someone is grooming Drago and sharpening his claws while some others are replacing Kayden's horseshoes.

Arwena tilts her head "Why would they replace methril shoes? It helps a overburdened horse run faster and is best for warhorses ..... Drago likes the stakes. " She blinked and looked around the throne room.

The stable people find they don't have the tools to remove them, so they leave them.

"My sure it will be fine."

"The king will see you now in the lounge."

"Alright thank you. Let's go."

The lounge is just as elaborate as the throne room. The king is looking up at a map of the entire continent. He has a short brown beard, a strong figure, and is wearing a red robe with his crown.

"Your Majesty?"

"Ah! Jacus! How's my future Elite?"

"I am well. This is Arw-"

"ARWENA WOOD!" He goes to her and shakes her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Arwena was shocked that he knew her name, the only one she told her last name too on this trip was......Her cheeks turned pink. "Pleasure to meet you too, Your Majesty.... I'm guessing... mayor Televere said something about me in her letter.....didn't She sir....?" She looked at her feet, and shifted her weight a little bit hoping that Televere didn't say too much.

The king grinned, "Indeed she did! She told me that you had generously aided my knight in his journey. And even took an arrow in the trip. Though passive, that arrow would have been for him. Many thanks go to you."

"Two arrows actually, and he helped me with his mother's herbs...there is something the elves wish to give to you. This is Karka Rakka, in English, claw and fang. Handle and hilt is made out of a Dragon elders tooth and claw, forged from dwarven skill and elvish magic and methril in Dragon fire. This blade is a sign of peace between your people mine, the dwarves and dragons. If drawn against these races in war the blade would disappear. It would only be drawn by your line, and if it senses evil intentions, it would burn the one who tried to draw it no matter what they have on. The blade chooses who draws it regardless of gender.

When goblins and orcs are near, blade is blue, the blade turns a fire red when dragons are close....it is yours to have now."

The king nodes and took the blade. He unsheathed it and admired the blade. "How hard would you say it would be to dent or scratch the blade?"

"Methril is harder then Dragon scales and lighter then a Phoenix feather. It can never scratch or break or dull. All elvish weapons are as such. " She stated simply. The blade was four feet long and mirror like, razor sharp and perfectly balanced. On one side the script is elvish, the other dwarven runes curved along the design. It was a beautiful flawless blade.

((Lol I get that it's a larger "Sting"))

"Good!"

He holds the blade up.

"You said is disappears when held against my allies, what if I dueled with someone?"

Jacus rolled his eyes knowing what was going on.

(Much larger yes, all elvish blades glow, according to Gandalf sting is just the most popular))

"It knows intentions. A play duel, it would not, but if intended for war, it will. It would also know if let's say a evil Dragon attacks you, it won't disappear because it would know that Dragon was under darker power and you had every right to defend yourself." Her hand went to her left shoulder where the mark on her back was, the four Dragon claw marks. "Lets also say, fifty years from now, a young Prince in your line wishes to hunt dragons with the blade, it would disappear. If he doesn't take it, and Dragon blood has been spilt on his hands, it would burn him like Dragon fire and would grow so hot it would not let him here it." She replied, not really

He smiled, "Good to hear." He slashed the sword down at Jacus who parried it with his sword with was drawn when Arwena wasn't looking. They then went into an intense sword fight in the lounge.

Arwena was shocked, and backed up to a table and covered her eyes with her hand. It didn't matter to her if it was a play fight, if he got cut, she'd freak. Her mom did the same when her dad accidentally cut himself, it took him ten minutes to calm her down even after he was healed. It would be worse with Jacus for her kin saw his race as fragile compared to hers. Not only that only that, but his blade could break while the king's couldn't. She couldn't watch their fight.

"Your good as ever Jacus!"

"Seems royalty still hasn't gone to your head."

"I practice every two days, what go is a king who can't perform as good as his Knights?"

"What's the point of Knights if you fight better than them?"

The fight went a good 5 minutes go around the room, it end with both of them holding their swords to the others throat.

"It's seems like a draw Jacus..."

"It would be, except I already would have killed you."

Jacus nodded down showing he held an arrow to the king's torso. The king laughes and put down his sword and the two hugged,

"Welcome home Jacus."

Arwena still had her hands over her eyes until she didn't hear the swords clashing together. Then she looked up sighing when she saw jacus was alright. "Did you like the blade. Your Majesty? "

"I love it. I will be sure to return my thanks to your people... So how did the Dark Elves react to your message?"

Jacus looked to Arwena.

Arwena turned white. "Well to the letter, not well to me.... the prince .... thought I'd make a good bride, and tried to keep me there but jacus didn't let them. On our way back there was a goblin army, I slowed them down and there was a dragon that breathed lighting that also slowed them down further. It was at the entrance to the ravine. "

The king looked down in thought, "Interesting... I've never heard or seen a dragon breathe lightning... Surely it was a spectacle!"

"Indeed. I think it was mostly territorial. The goblins are restless."

Arwena nodded. "It might have been Televere's brother.. one of them she mentioned...They are indeed sir, but most of them where killed in my hail storm and rock shapes, and by that Dragon...sire.Drago lead us away from the beast to the mountain pass, he knew those mountains and made sure we stayed safe without running into that Dragon again."