Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

((um ok, but can you delete that this is a one on one rp, meaning just me and Dotz. There is a introductory form you can figure stuff out on on the mane page))

((...I don't even know...))

Solessa laughed too, Catherine simply smiled. Jacus the other hand tried to hold in his embarrassment. As for challenging this elf, he needed to choose something he could win, but a piece of pride bit at him, he wanted to choose something that made it even.

Edited by Dotzrus

((Jackson? When did you get here? Ahhh... Jacus ..... auto correct... or rp misshap.... tongue.gif ))

Arwena calmed down. "Hmm. Jacus, I am curious... what sort of competitions do you have as a knight? I've heard of tournaments, but I don't know what makes yo the challenges..."

((I was on my phone, so auto-correct.))

Jacus sat up straight and thought, "Well... besides the usual sword fights and lancing. There are often tests of speed and survival. Once we had a horse that was stubborn and would refuse any rider who mounted it. The challenge was who ever could ride it until it gave up or was accepted by it would win the free horse, and a money prize."

Jacus blinked, "Lancing is where two knights on horses charge at each other with blunt lances and try to dismount each other. It's a good test of balance and precision."

((That's called jousting....but they do use lances..... ))

"Chances are, if she doesn't know it it's just a human sport.."

Arwena thought for a moment. "Elves are good on horseback, but we never try to knock another off... maybe that would even the challenge, a elf who knows nothing about that or how that game works would be a good challenge...." She nodded thoughtfully. "I'd have to ask him if he is good at that.."

((I thought I was saying it wrong... oh well...))

Jacus laughed, "The issue is that you have to wear heavy metal armor. I don't see elves wearing anything like that since your kind is more mobile." He though about jousting as a potential challenge, but that would be too easy for him. He wanted to prove himself rather than cheat with a one sided challenge.

"Sword fighting then... they both are skilled with heavy blades so I think that would do... " She looked at the rest of Jacus's family and blushed a little... hopefully they won't figure it out, but.. She thought they probably would... "Did you get your cloak fixed yet? And where did you leave off? I'm sure they would like to hear the rest of our journey.."

Jacus went back to finishing his food, "I uh... stopped at the Dark Elf Woods... as for the cloak, Solessa has it in her room. I told her to wait in case you wanted to see her work."

Arwena nodded and smiled at his sister. "I would love to see her work, but after dinner I'll teach your mother how to make that salve......." She shuddered at the dark elves. "I don't think I'll be able to speak about them with out a turret of fowl words to accompany them..... I'll let you continue the story."

Jacus shrugged, he told them about short version of that part of the story, he prince and him scaring him off, not including the part with the dragon power. "And after that we went to the mountains to avoid the goblins in the valley."

"I hate the Prince.... the dark elf Prince not the human one..." She added quickly and finished eating, she continued the story on how she did spells to stop the army, but not mentioning the Dragon, and went to them crossing the mountain and heading to the Forest, back to her home.

Solessa listened fascinated, Catherine and Jacus started cleaning up, Catherine went upstairs to check on Tyrus' condition.

Arwena finished her story and excused herself kindly, and went to teach his mother how to make the salve. It was quick to make and she let her apply both salves on her husband, as she asked Solessa if she could watch her work now. Before that though, she told Jacus Drago wanted to talk to him out back.

Drago was waiting patiently, still curled around the cat, he was looking at the door, tail tapping impatiently.

((For plots sake))

Catherine had Arwena stop at the door. "I was hoping to speak with you in private... There was something important I wanted to share with you." She sat down once Arwena closed the door.

Arwena stopped and nodded closing the door and sat across from Catherine. She had set the letter the king wanted to give to sir Tyrus on the night stand where he should see it when he wakes. She smoothed her dress and looked at Catherine, her curiosity piqued. "What is it you wish to talk about?"

Catherine gave her a smile and greeted her a proper elvish. "I'm so happy you are here. Someone I can feel close to while we are so far apart... You see, I am actually part elvish... 1/4th to be exact. My grandmother to be exact. While mostly human, I feel like a piece of me was missing. I guess that is why I love my garden and herbs and medicines... something to go back to our roots. I know I could be nothing like you are your family, but I feel obligated to find out more about who I am. I hope this doesn't repel you in anyway. I know it's sudden."

Arwena looked surprised, then she broke into a wide grin responding back to her in elvish. "I would love to help you! It doesn't repel me at all! In fact I would love to b the first to welcome you to the Forest when you visit, to welcome you back to your heritage! Knowing your ancestry is big for elves, maybe I can help you track down any elvish relatives you might still have. Tell me what you want to know and I'll teach you while I'm here... "

She smiled, "Oh that would be wonderful! Unfortunately my Grandmother has passed already, and my half-blooded father passed too. I don't know if I would have any elvish relatives left. At least I have my children. While small, I think that 1/8th elf always helped them in some way. Solessa was a excellent artist and knitter. Now she works for the royal family making banners with expert three times her age. And Jacus, he certainly is his father's son... but I think I see a hint of elvish pride and fearlessness." He sighed and smiled at Arwena caringly, "You care for each other don't you?"

This startled Arwena more then finding out Catherine was 1/4 elf. She shook her head...... but her red cheeks have her away and she put her head in her hands. "No sense in saying I'm not.... I do.. I do love him very much. It is not like an elf to fall so fast in love unless it is written in the stars themselves.... But I worry.. I worry that Orion, my arranged betrothed would be too skilled for Jacus and if he loses, I have to marry Orion.... but... if Jacus wins... I might be cast out from the only home I ever knew....... "

Catherine nodded in understanding, "...I wish I could help in some way... but do not worry. I was only to notice because I love is easy to spot when you are married for so long... at least in human years. Solessa is young and naive since her focus is her Prince in shining armor." She put her hands on Arwena's, "If Jacus truly loves you, he won't lose... I just wish that tiny bit of elf blood would help your cause, but in the end, it's the human in him that causes him to push beyond his limits."

Arwena nodded slightly. "You humans are quite stubborn... " She sighed and hugged Catherine tightly. "Thank you for telling me, I would find out what I can for you... and please, prey to your gods that Jacus would win... it would tare me apart if my heart belonged to one yet was tied for eternity to another... " She pulled away and wiped a tear. "I told Solessa I'd watch her work on the cloak... I.. made the stitching on the caller and shoulders for Jacus... "

Catherine gave a light laugh, "That also gave it away. I was able to remember that from my grandmother putting something similar on my grandfathers clothes. We can talk later, I'm sure Solessa will love to spend time with you."