Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus shrugs and finishes his meal, "The food is wonderful just like last time. Thank you for your hospitality."

Songo nodded and looked towards the stairs. "Arwena seemed awfully quite lately, did something happen to her on the trip?"

At that moment Farthen came in. "Have you guys seen Thrii? He's been disappearing lately.... oh, Jacus... you and Arwena are back? "

Ethera tilted her head. "Ada has been at Orion's family home quite often, perhaps he is there. I heard him planing something... I don't know what..."

The Elder nodded and left.

Arwena's mother nodded, "Seeing a dragon that close can be a little unnerving. We will clean up, how about you go rest..." She lead him to the stairs with a smile and Songo started cleaning.

When he got upstairs Arwena was pacing on the wooden pathway between rooms muttering in elvish. Drago was looking at the canopy, the stars had come out by now.

Jacus smiled and went upstairs. He went over to Arwena, "You going to be okay? What's up?"

"Thrii knows of this move that Televere told us, he wants to get the marriage done faster. Saw him from my room with a spy glass, speaking to Orion's father, and giving him the dowry, of a heart wood bow, and three methril rings for his fingers.... He's worried about the darkness and a upcoming war.... he wants a joyous celebration before the gloom sets in....." She held a telescope in her hands as she paced. "He might not let me go with you."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"...I see... well I'm giving up yet. It's not over till it's over." He gave her a reassuring smile.

Arwena looked at him close to tears. "How can you be so sure about this? I don't want Orion ...... there is no telling what Thrii would do! He... he is unpredictable, he was once a rogue, and now a ranger, there is no telling what he might do!" She looked at her feet.

He put his hands on her shoulders. "I will get you to the Human Kingdom... and if anyone tries anything crazy to stop you... I guess I'll go dragon rage on them." He shrugged and tried to lighten the mood with a smile.

"Then they'll drag me back when you pass out" She muttered. "You don't even know how or what you did, if you kill a elf while not in control, they have every right to retaliate and kill you......and... I.... I can't hurt my kin..... I won't hurt a fellow elf. ..."

"It would only be in defense. I just want you safe... I don't want it to be like with the Dark Elves."

She started crying. She wondered if this was how her grandmother felt, or if she just went along with it. Orion didn't seem too happy either. The trip put her worries behind her but now she was back..... She couldn't take it. And the war coming, could she fight? They will need every bit of magic and skill they have.... She never seen battle before, fighting with elves and dwarves where one thing, a full scale battle for their kingdom and very lives is another

She cried for a while then shoved him away. "You need to sleep if you are riding home tomorrow...." She turned and headed to her room still sniffing and rubbing her eyes. She hardly got any sleep, Drago slipped in to Jacus's room again as Arwena planned.

Jacus looked down at Drago as he got into bed, "What do you think about all of this Drago? I'm running low on ideas..."

"I am too. Arwena is right, Thrii is unpredictable, for all I know the ceremony could be tomorrow.... I just go along with what she says..... She is the mastermind behind everything. There is a lot you don't know about her, she is can be a.... as you would put it, a snake oil salesman... or saleswoman in this case." Drago lay by the bed looking up at Jacus.

Jacus sighed and laid back on the bed, "...we can only hope we get the time we need..." He slowly drifted to sleep, his minded troubled but optimistic.

"Indeed" The wolf said before following him to sleep.

Songo got them up at breakfast time. "Arwena is ready to go and the elders approved of her going, they don't want to insult the king and his ways,... at least that was the the argument. Three against one, vote, although Thrii being a stickler for tradition was the one who voted against her going. I have a feeling something is going on here... mind telling me? If not I'll find out on my own... " he grinned "I am a great spy!"

Jacus blinked and paused for a second, "Nothing is going on. Other than my family and king would want to thank her, I'm sure we would send her back with a letter discussing the war issue at hand."

"You lie and I know it, I ment with my daughter and Thrii. But if you won't tell me then fine, I'll find another way. " he got up. "Breakfast is ready" and with that he left. Drago stood. "You could have told him about the arrangement, I know he would not tell a soul and more then likely would sabotage Thrii's plans. Too late now, he would not listen if you told him now."

(Night))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"How the hell was I suppose to know that? Elves need to be more specific..." He sighed, got dressed, and went out to breakfast.

Drago nodded and took the pulley down. Arwena had already ate and was ready to go. Songo was wrapping up a cake, and Ethera was bundling up some bread for them. Biscuits where on the table with butter and syrup (red lobster like biscuit) Strawberries that where big and dark red what in a bowl along with a small cup of jam made out of peaches.

Jacus looked at the food with a smile, "I'm going to miss the food here for sure." He sat down and ate.

"I packed you my coca coffee cake and some bread and jam for the road. You do know you are free to come here any time. If you or other knights come this way send them here, you know we'll treat them well..." He smiled over his shoulder, like the conversation upstairs never happened. "Eat up fast, Arwena seems delighted in finely being able to see your family.."