Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus had kept close tabs on Arwena and jumped from his saddle to catch Arwena as she fell, "Whoa there, I got you."

Drago picked up her fallen staff and lead Jacus back to her home so she could be put in her room to sleep. Songo came riding up on Jeffery. "Is my daughter alright?" He dismounted and looked her over sighing heavily. "Just exhaustion of magic, I know the signs of that anywhere.... I'll take you to her room, then start water for a hot bath for you. Tell me what happened on the trip." He lead him inside and up to the rooms in the branches, he walked away from the guest room to a room with red leaf curtains stitched together. "This is her room. I'll get that water started and you can tell me wife and I what happened at dinner.." He left then.

"Certainly. Thank you." He took a heavy sigh and looked at Arwena with a smile, "Well the Hom stretch... We need to rest."

Arwena stirred and looked at him wearily. "I'm so tired.... can you lay me down?"

Her room had the same furniture as the guest room only there was a red blanket on the bed, a large dog bed at the foot of her own bed. A tapestry of the stars took up one wall and a loom sat in another corner by the door. A rug made of real moss covers most of the floor contrasting with the red in the room. A chest containing her things sat at the golden trim of the tapestry.

Arwena smiled and touched his cheek. "Thank you..." She turned her head slightly and fell asleep again. Songo came back. "The bath is ready it's below the main hut. I'll show you when you're ready. Yours and Arwena's things are in the main room. Kayden seems very sure he wishes to return with you. .... I'll wait outside." He left again, the squeak of the pulley system said he was pulling up Drago.

"Thank you very much." He put his hand on Arwena's shoulder and turned as Drago was bring lifted up. "I'm guessing you'll stay by her till she wakes?"

Jacus laughed, "Your the one to talk, you got hair everywhere Drago." He went to to where the bath was. "I'm glad to be back for now. It was interested for sure."

Songo showed him the bath, a silver tub with scented water that smells like rosemary and mint. There was a mirror and everything he needed including a clean set of clothes. A white tunic, and black cloth paints both with gold vine embroidery on the cuffs and along the pocket of the pants. He left him alone to make dinner.

Jacus smiled and took a nice long bath. After done, he put on the clothes and held up his cloak. "..." He put it on backwards so the words were hidden.

Drago came down letting him know she was up and wanted a bath too. "You look better when you are not so scruffy. Are you doing better?"

Arwena came down with a set of clothes for her seeing he turned out the cloak she nodded so he knew it was a good idea. "Thank you for catching me,.... and putting me in bed.."

"Thanks for caring for me when I was suffering from... soul exhaustion." He headed out to the living area with them.

Arwena smiled and closed the door taking a bath. Songo and Ethera where upstairs, Songo making shrimp fried on a wood stove with pineapple and lemon juice, his wife made a salad in the new rainbow wood bowl looking very happy about it. Her dad's new machine clicked and hummed in the corner.

Jacus smiled and sat down. He sighed heavily as the realization the hard trip was over now. He rested his head on his arms and waited for the meal or Arwena to finish.

Arwena came up as the table was set. She had on a pure white long blouse that had billowing sleeves and went to her knees. She also had on a pair of white pants that where also light and airy. Her hair was down and shone like pure silver. She sat next to Jacus and her parents sat down after dishing out the portions, and looked at them expectantly waiting for their story.

Jacus chuckled and sighed, "Well... Where to begin? It was certainly a fascinating trip. I guess we start with the canyon..." He told him about the goblins, their trip to Unity and what they saw there, leaving out anything hinting towards their relationship, Televere and her letters. He looked to Arwena to fill them in on the return trip.

"You should go to unity sometime it is wonderful! I saw a elephant! On the way back...." She told them about the trip above the canyon, the spells she did, leaving out the entire piece about the dark elves. Her parents looked concerned over her getting shot and overused her powers, but she reassured them that she was fine. Then she showed them the opal she got in the city and they both held it and studied it before giving it back.

"Seems like you had quite a adventure, thank goodness it was uneventful, except for a few things... I take it you will be returning home after your rest here Jacus?" Ethera asked.

Jacus nodded with a smile, "That would be correct... though I think it would be wonderful is Arwena could join me going back to the Human Kingdom. If anything I know the king would want to meet Arwena and thank her for her assistance to one of his knights. It's in our blood to thank those who aided the Kingdom."

Jacus nodded, "Thank you. Once we are done with the thanking, most likely a banquet, and other things, I'll be sure to send her home safe and sound."

Her parents nodded. "We love our gifts! I have never seen rainbow wood, heard of it, but never seen it. And Songo would tinker with the gizmo he got..."

Arwena nodded and seemed lost in thought.

Jacus put on his hand on Arwena's back with a pat. "Chin up Arwena! We are on the homestretch. Friendly territory."