Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"I know, it smells awful too.. but" several spears where pointed at them. She spoke in elvish saying they have a letter to the king, but before she got two words out the spear head was at their throat.

"No word from you. Human, you speak, why are you here?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus' eyes went wide as they were surrounded, "I have a letter from the Mayor of Unity... we seek audience with your leader to deliver it. Once our business with him is done, we plan to depart immediately..."

The elf seemed to think it over then walked away. "follow" The elves still surrounded them.

They got to a place made of stone and wood, all black with violet torches everywhere. Some elves where dark skinned others had a purple hue to the skin. They had a range of white hair, to a dark blue, all had glowing amber eyes like a wolf. Only a few had hazel or green eyes. When they reached a throne of twisted thorns, a elf with silver hair dark purple skin, and ice blue eyes looked at them, a crown of gold on his brow. Tall slender elf with silver hair and a blueish white skin with yellow eyes studied Arwena in a way that made her shift uncomfortably. He had a bronze crown.

"What is your business? I hear you have a letter for me?" The king spoke fluently and waved a hand for a page to take the letter from the human.

Jacus held the letter out to be taken. "That is correct, it comes from Televere herself. We are here to deliver it and report your response. Beyond that we plan to leave immediately."

The page took the letter to the king and he read it. "Odd monsters and dark magic..." He smiled showing sharp teeth and was sinister looking. "My expertise. I will send a letter myself..... you may go-" the elf with the bronze crown leaned in and muttered something. "You human may go..." the king corrected. "You see my son needs a bride, and... they're are too few women here, the elf would suit my son nicely.." He and his son both grinned like sharks. Arwena drew her bow and notched a arrow in record time aiming for the son's leg. "Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelessë orcova!" She snapped. Several guards pulled her off of Drago and pinned her as she fought them. "Leithio nin!" She growls.

Drago snarled at the men. "I can't believe you told the Prince to go French kiss an orc. They won't let you off with that insult easily. Jacus help her quickly."

The Prince chuckled and the king's grin got impossibly wide. "Very nicely...."

Jacus' glare went from surprise to anger as he saw Arwena pinned and the intentions of the Dark Elf royalty. He drew his sword, a redness growing in his eyes, "You let her go immediately! You bring harm to use and you will have two kingdoms looming death over you!!"

"Three! Televere and her brothers would hear about this too!" She shouted and struggled muttering a spell in till one of the guards slapped her. She snarled, and Drago did too. They both leaped at the guard and bit him, Arwena on the shoulder, Drago on his leg, she caught and pushed them back until one knocked her out.

The Prince strode up to the human. "Why do you care? Do you love her? She is a elf, her people will disown her banish her. You will die leaving her in sorrow and disrepair till the end of her days! With me she will not have to worry about me dieing. If you insist.... " he drew a jagged blade. "I will kill you now so she doesn't have to worry about you dieing later."

"I wouldn't count on that..." His eyes grew bright red as a red aura surrounded Jacus. "I do love her, but I know she would be happier with any human for 100 years than your in an eternity!" He pointed his sword at the prince and it lit on fire. "I am Jacus, Kinght of the King's Crown, stand down at once before I burn this place down..." He growled with a draconian hiss.

The Prince hesitated for a moment at the flaming blade and his voice. Was this human a Dragon born? He sheathed his blade and turned his back on Jacus. "I will find another bride, this one is tainted by humans, " he strode away. The king was watching like this was a interesting play.

"Leave my halls, take the wretch with you, you heard my son, he has no use for her." His eyes bored in to Jacus, unfeeling as full of malicious intentions.

Jacus growled as the fire started to die down. He sheathed his sword and went over to Arwena, "I'm sure Televere will love to read your response letter... We simply want your help on the issue at hand... Unless you are the issue."

He stood and swept out of the room after his son. "I will send my response. Just get that Elven Who** out of here human." He said with distaste as he left. The guards followed leaving the human and the unconscious elf on the floor. She had a scratch on her cheek where the guards armor cut her and would have a nasty headache but she would be fine. She was still passed out.

He scrambled to the floor next to her and held her close, "Arwena? Come on wake up, we need to leave." He looked around for Kayden.

Kayden was by Drago. Drago nudged him. "she's fine and will wake in a hour, but let's get out of here before we overstay our welcome. It isn't like the Prince to give up easily. From what I hear that is. .. get on Kayden, I'll watch your backs."

Arwena moaned but didn't wake.

Jacus helped Arwena onto Kayden and got on behind her keeping her covered. With a nod to Dragon and patted Kayden, "Take us out of here..."

The horse obeyed and quickly turned and ran from the forest Drago at his heels with Arwena's bow and arrow in his mouth. Kayden came to the canyon opening slowing down for Jacus to tell him where to go.

"Past the canyon opening into the mountains. There should be an obvious path up ahead. We will rest before going up the mountain."

Kayden did just that stopping at nightfall at the base of the mountain. Arwena woke up when they where on the path, rubbing her head. "Are we out of that place? Now you know why we don't like the darks....the ones at unity are kinder."

"It's okay. I wasn't expecting them to grab for anything they wanted... sorry you were a target, I should have gone alone."

"Neither of us expected them to act like that. I didn't know there was a Prince, all I knew was the king... it's over now. We got out of there... how... how did you make the Prince stand down?"

"Dragon magic. His blade caught fire. He looked scary."

Jacus blinked and looked at his hand, "...I dont... remember anything... I got angry at them..." He looked a bit pale and swayed.

"you spoke like a Dragon, and you glowed red, he threatened to burn the place to the ground your eyes glowed too. He was really scary." Drago said as he dug a small hole for a fire pit and placed twigs and a bit of dry grass as kindling on it

Arwena looked at him, placing her hand on his head. "Are you ok? Now you're the one that looks ill, sit down, I'll cook tonight. I'll make a soup. I think I have a small pot somewhere. " She lowered him down and wrapped her cloak on top of his, rushing around the camp starting the fire and summoning water to cook with and handed him a canteen. "Drink,dinner will be ready soon, just lay down and rest."

By the time she came back to him, he was passed out. Whatever happened to him drained him completely.

She lifted him up trickling some water between his lips before making him comfortable before trying to set up his tent. She managed to get it up and with Drago's help she got him inside. By then the water started to boil and she added carrots and bits of salted fish and crab. In a wooden bowl and spoon she poured the soup into it and she managed to fit in the tent. "Jacus dear... please you got to eat."

He faded in and out of conscious, "Arwena? Why are you so pretty?" Clearly out of it, he takes the soup and eats though.