Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"Oh well, I thought you were. At least I think of you that way." He gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I will grab first shift."

She blushed and nodded and kissed him and lay in the tent, the sun hasn't set quite yet but it was darker in the tent. She fell asleep after a while.

"I feel like a chaperone now. You know, to officially court her a gift to her parents is tradition. Something not to expensive... not a weapon though. "

"Relax Drago. Once are done with the Dark Elves it will be a quick and easy shot to your kingdom. Rest stop there and then you guys come to my kingdom."

"Did I say anything about that boy? She bought the seeds for your mother because it is written in her blood. Habits are hard for elves to break, and seeing this all the time, Sister would do it as well. I don't mind the dark elves, it is Arwena who does." Drago growls lightly.

"Oh. What you said before was hard to understand... but I understand... traditions... the thing making this relationship difficult..."

"Bless you." Jacus sat back and looked at the reddened sky, "These last few days have been wonderful... And it's slowly winding down..."

"I know... I guess it was fate. You were the ones to catch me in the woods. It could have been any other elf."

Jacus shook his head, "I am worried about dragons knowing... They might find my unworthy of it... If the elves knew I had one she did too, so the fact she didn't talk about it makes me feel like she wouldn't want to talk about it.

Ahhh, makes sense... but, you never know what it can do... normal wolves can't carry on a conversation like I can, it is my connection to sister that allows me to do so,... plus without her, I would be dead..."

Jacus flinches, "Please stop talking about death... that's the last thing I need to think about... especially you two."

Drago nodded and looked out over the plains. "you can see so many stars here. And I can see so far. It's almost time for Arwena to take watch...knowing her, she'll have you up at dawn." He rumbled laughter.

Jacus laughed too, "Sleeping patterns are something we will need to adjust." He gave Arwena an extra 30 minutes of sleep and woke her for her shift.

Arwena kept a sharp eye out. Even walking around the camp with her staff muttering spells under her breath. When dawn came she want by the tent, itching to get going but let him sleep until the sun was peaking over the horizon before crawling in and kissing his cheek. "Time to leave, I packed up everything, you just need to add your tent."

Jacus yawned and helped back. When they mounted Jacus faded in and out of sleep while riding Kayden.

Arwena made sure he was still in the saddle and woke him up with a pice of bread. "Come on, wake up its midmorning now..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Good morning, we are almost to that town, we can stop for lunch and move on to the ....... dark elves and get there before dinner" She looked ahead and seemed lost in her own thoughts.

"I hope you're right. I want to see your sister and family. They sound like wonderful people. I hope they like my gifts.... Do you think your dad will like a Elvish sword? Or perhaps a dagger? I would say it's customary to bring gifts to another's home but um.... it's more of a polite thing to do then custom. Hardly any elf does it anymore.... A gift is more like saying thank you for the hospitality without saying it and not meaning it."

"I'm sure they will love anything you give them. They love other people and I doubt you will be an exception."

"I got your mother seeds from the market that grow new herbs and your sister some colorful embroidery threads.... " She giggled. "And your cat this.. " she pulled out a hollow wooden ball with little holes in it and when she shook it, it rang. "I must be like a cat because I couldn't stop playing with this, it's fun!" She laughed.

"I'm sure it will love it. I'm sure my family will love asking you questions and such too."