Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"No, let me get changed and I'll warm up after I order some tea. We leave today, so we better start early to cover more ground. Drago and Kayden want to run most of the way back." Some color had returned to her face and her lips had turned back to their normal frosted pink color. She still shivered but it was clear that she was getting warmer. "I'm fine now... are you cold?"

Jacus smirked, "No... Our house is cold during the winter so I'm used to it. The muscles help too." He flexed, showing off a bit.

She stepped back flushing a little. "I have muscles too you know! Most elves don't mind the cold.... mom thinks it is because of my birth mark.... or that I am connected to Drago.... who told me once he lived in the high mountains.... I don't really know why, it's a mystery and makes me more different then my kind. And if that's the case..... I'm not going to leave the fire side during the winter. " She headed over to her clothes muttering lowly. "You would need to carry me to bed each night..."

"We could always move the bed to the fire... or I bet there is some sort of magic that produces heat." He gathers his things together and puts on his cloak with pride.

"I'm a druid not a mage.... but yes there is, outside my skill set." She put on her tunic, the blue one and trousers, putting on her cloak and shoulders her pack. "Would.....you like to know what the writing says?"

She stood by the door her back to him. "It says... "protect my beloved, body soul and mind, for he is my starlight, and my moonlight......" ....." at that she walked out and down into the stable saddling Drago quickly.

Jacus blinked as she left the room. He looked at his cloak and kissed it, running his fingers over the fabric. With a smile he came down to the stables and readied Kayden. "I really like it Arwena."

"Elves symbolize stars and moon as their protectors. The god and goddess of the stars and moon is said to be lovers and their offspring the very first elves in the entire world. Calling one their starlight and moonlight is like calling one their heart and soul. Their protector and healer. To say something like that, to stitch it permanently on something and give it to that person, it is a declaration of love.... saying the Elf who gave it to them will continue to love them, until the day they die. The elf that is. " Drago said while Arwena remains quite. Now he knew the meaning of the words. At the time she made it, by the time they reached unity and she finished it... She knew those words where true in her heart. She will never take them back. He was now her one and only. She strapped on the saddle bag and mounted.

Jacus nodded to Drago and looked up at Arwena with a smile, "Then I will wear this forever. In blazing heat and in blistering cold. If your love for me is forever than mine will do the same. While you use the stars and moon, as humans say, my love for you will last as long as the sun above that gives us light, and the earth below that gives us life." He takes her hand, "From nothing between the sun and earth can break this love, until we are bonded again in the stars above."

Arwena looked down at him silver eyes wide. She said nothing, not wanting to ruin the moment she dismounted and kissed him tenderly. In one saying, he threw away her fears of him loving another. She let go of his hand to wrap her arms around his neck deepening the kiss making it last a moment.

"um guys? I am happy you love each other but we got to get going". Drago said after a minute and a half passed. "Guys?" After two minutes. A heavy sigh at three. At that moment Arwena broke away, softly kissing his lips once more, then his nose, then his forehead. She looked into his eyes, her own a silver blue, a wide smile on her lips. Drago stuck his nose between them. "okay we get it. You love each other very much, but mayor Televere is waiting. We must get going, Kayden and I want to run! Let us go. " the wolf shook his fur.

Jacus himself got caught up in the kiss and smiled back at her, barely hearing Drago. Once the wolf shoved his head between he brushed himself off, "Uh... Yeah. Of course. Shall we?" He saddled Kayden. They went to the gate and received two letters. The one to the king Jacus tied up and gave to a messenger bird to deliver. The other he put in his pack. Before long they we let outside the gate on the road they took there to begin with, "Walking backwards now..."

Arwena had a blush on her cheeks as she got back on to drago. When they where on the road she shouted. "Noro!" "run!" Drago translated as he shot forward down the packed earth. Kayden seemed to take that as a order and started galloping after the wolf, although it seemed clear he wouldn't catchup to them.

Jacus pulled to slow Kayden down. "Your both ridiculous!!" He tugged at the reins and they shot forward ahead of the two.

Arwena let him get way ahead of her until he was a speck in the distance, then had Drago charge forward. She leaned down on his neck, the wolf's legs a blur beneath him and he was a large white streak as they caught up the the human and the horse and surpassed them quickly. Kayden was breathing heavily, but wasn't tiring. He was a war horse, capable of running long distances in a change. Drago would have made a perfect mount for swift battle. His long legs skimmed the ground to the point he was nearly flying. He quickly became a white dot as they followed the river and passed the last camping spot they had before entering the city. They covered more ground by running.

"Come on Kayden! They got speed by we got endurance!" He whipped at the reigns and pushed forward as a consistent speed.

Before long Drago was slowing to a trot, fast but he was painting. Kayden quickly caught up to them and they where neck and neck for a while, and Drago had to slow down a little more and the horse passed them. Several hours have passed, it was early afternoon by the time Drago collapsed.

Jacus eventually turned Kayden around and trotted back to Drago. "You won the 100m but we won the 3200m"

"Sounds good..." He got off and set up camp, he threw Drago a season slab of meat he had left over.

Drago nommed it down and drank deeply from the stream. Then he slept some more. Arwena was over looking at a white opal as she sat by Drago. It was in her palm and she was studying it. "It looks like the snow in star light ..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf