Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

Adam, don't be Green.

Green is not a creative color.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Alright... so... since I'm unable to post, I just want to ask, will it be alright if Rein and Eli were already there? Like part of a previous cycle and just unable to pair up with anyone or... will I just need to jump in when I officially return? My previous question would help better explain why no one met them on the boat, but if I must find a way to join up and make it seem like I was there the entire time... it'd be a bit more difficult to accomplish.

It's entirely possibly they just stayed in their cabin the whole time, but yeah, they can be older students not yet paired up, that's fine ^-^

Glad to see you again, man!

Also Esko, that is amazing!

Art is happening... Slowly. Because... Well reasons...

Will we be docking in the next post or so? I wanna play my characters again!

Also, I am very curious on how this orientation thingy will work...

Oh that's right! I haven't explained that, have I?

After an opening ceremony, where the rules and layout will be explained, the characters will be placed in small, domed rooms with a test drone. The Saints have to subdue - BUT NOT DESTROY - the drone using their powers.

After the assessment, the characters will be assigned into their pairs and given the rest of the day off, before classes start the next day.

By that do you mean they will be sent in there unarmed and instructed to only use their powers?

I'm assuming you're asking if they'll be given their Vice Breakers/Reflectors beforehand, or sent in is they are?

The latter, yes, they'll receive their gear afterward :3

Admittedly, Esko I never watched the video that was from. I'm deathly afraid of puppets.

EDIT: Well, not so much anymore, but I still don't like watching creepy stuff with puppets.

Edited by Thaelasan

And just to be clear, Mil, this is only an exploration of their energy based abilities, not their element based ones. Correct?

How much one can do is based on stamina, endurance, and strength. What they can do is energy based, like energy bolts and similar attacks. Just nothing elemental like fireballs or earth darts.

Does that clear up a bit easier?

Oohh, no, actually, they'll be PISSED.

Because they enter the chambers... Alone.

So Verrick and Rose will be tested seperately.

Which they won't like.

Their reactions should be fun *evil laugh*

Narvix sums up what I forgot to say too actuslly.

Edited by Millennium07

Well then it all depends:

- Are they informed of what could possibly occur in the training?

- Is there a chance of death or mortal damage, and are they informed of that?

- How close are the training rooms?

- Can they see each other if they finish their training or have yet to do it?

As long as Rose is in Verick's sight, and vice versa, there is no issue, or if say one of them is just going to the restroom. If they feel the other is safe, it's fine.

But if they feel like the other half is in danger, that's when they begin to freak out. Verick is more apt to do it, but Rose can do it too, though normally she just ends up feeling depressed and anxious. His comes out as anger. Hers comes out as fear.

Yeah, there is no danger, don't worry. Mild stun ammunition, calibrated to each student based on their medical tests (so Rose and Cherisa, who are lethargic and blind respectively, will have slightly different ammo used, for instance. David too probably, because he's covered with stitched up wounds still). They'll be informed of this beforehand.

And yep! They can see each other before and after... But not during.

The training rooms are next door to each other, more-or-less.

Then it probably won't be AS bad as when they had no idea where the other was.

Here, they at least have a good notion of what's going on.

Okay.....subdue, but not DESTROY....my assessment on how my characters would do:

Esko: good with a bit of thinking and work.

Sasha: oh, she will have a FUN time doing that..... :|

Edit- note my sarcasm there /\

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Psssst. Dock the boat soon. Psssst

Edit: hey, maybe you can draw the drones!

Eating Edits: sorry I ask that of you, Chaos. Somebody whack me on the head and tell me to stop. You already have the Vice Breakers/Reflectors redo of mine. I dunno, I guess I am in love with you drawing?

Off topic edit: sorry I have not role played in the Gambit lately. I have nobody to interact with lol. Hey, could my character interact with Leo?

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I can't XP

Several characters are still mid-conversation, we have a little time yet.

Haha, I'll certainly try! The drones don't look human or stick, so it's probably best I sketch them for you guys!

Probably not the best place for Gambit discussion, but Leo was already interacting with Stella at my last post ^^""

Took ages to decipher, but I think this is right:

Esko...

...and Sasha

Also, here is the drone

O-O. That.....is....even better than I imagined it! Thank you so much! Even when I got nervous that you might not get it, you do better. How?

The world may never know...