Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

Oh Thael. I hold Kurumi at first, then Tohka, then Origami. I cannot have Tohka at first because, well, you already do, and it'd be immoral of me.

Ah, TUM, thanks for the early drawing! Looks real nice. :3

Thanks Psy! I thought the ties represented the element, and now I know.

I thought, from Thael's posts, that the Academy already knew which elements the newbies were. Or was it that it would be determined through the battle tests (that was the sense I got from Chaos)? I'm confused.

Edit: No problem, Kuro! I usually do a whole bunch of drawings (like I did for Flint's concept) to figure out what I like best out of the variations, so it's not really an 'official' drawing.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I'd assume the Academy has a general idea, but some of them probably only got Marks on their hands.

In any case, Kuro, that's a little better. But you can still praise Tohka like you Praise the Sun.

Most did, if you want a general idea of what happens, I'll go back and find the prequel I wrote about David.

And actually, the elements are unknown for now (As of right now, the highlight colour on the collar, shoulders and cuffs are grey). They have a general idea about some, because they're a textbook example of the personality of their element - see Morgan and Robin underneath the flirty facade. But most are actually unknown, and the academy deliberately try not to make assumptions too early, as guessing wrong can have fatal consequences.

On the second day, the characters will be taken to the church on the island, where the priest will perform a ritual to reveal the characters' elements. That's not to say it's sure-fire, it can fail, but generally he's pretty accurate.

And for Mage's benefit, the base blazer is white with yellow buttons. The trousers/skirt are grey, the shoes are brown or black based on choice.

But yes, the ties are age-based - Green for fifteen-year-olds, red for those that are sixteen, and if you're seventeen, it's blue.

The highlight colour remains grey until you receive your element - red for fire, blue for water, green for air, yellow for light, orange for earth, and purple for darkness.

This will, as Narvix had said, produce some horrible (and glorious) clashes.

I actually have coloured pictures of David and Cherisa I did for Lilly... Though the colouring is via fine liner since my computer is dead. I'll try and get done references up tomorrow? Maybe later today, depending on how I'm feeling.

Also sorry for the unusually detached writing style I'm using. Stuff happened.

And I only now realise I forgot to respond to someone asking to join a while ago. Yes! If we reopen, I'll let you know. If. We have almost thirty characters already...

And Mage, those are absolutely amazing! I love your style!

Edited by Millennium07

Thanks for clearing that up, Chaos. I should have made it clearer that Flint still doesn't know what element he is and he is hoping to get Fire instead of Earth. :/

*pats back* it is okay, Mage. We all make mistakes

Mage didn't make a mistake? I thought it was just Fenson being pretentious - in-universe, there is no proof either way what Flint is - he can just be confused at the staff member and just shrug it off.

Okay...I made a mistake....*facepalmes myself*

Mr. Fenson has assumptions based on what he's known.

I mean, I don't think it'd be VERY unusual for Earth and Fire Saints to experience sea sickness, but he believes - logically - it's probably Earth, since a lot of the kids he's dealt with that were Earth showed those symptoms.

But hey, like you said, he has no definitive proof.

I don't intend this to sound like I am placing blame on anyone but in a big group like this communication is key. The majority of us I don't think knew that Lilly was sick until just now, being given a reason why we are waiting compared to just being told to wait can make a big difference in how people handle the situation. Not saying that was 100% the reason why this misunderstanding occurred but knowing before hand could have helped smooth things along before anything happened.

EDIT: i know that they might not want to disclose everything, but even just saying that they have personal matters to take care of would work for that.

Edited by psyshock

I appreciate that, Psy, and in principle, you're correct.

However I highly doubt it would have affected anything too greatly.

Depends on what you mean. From the arguments? Yes, that'd be best. With the RP? No, we're waiting for Lilly.

Yes, I meant the argument. There's no use for it besides making people angry.

It was really less of an argument, and more of 'I saw behaviour I seemed intolerable in my RP, and dealt with it' to be perfectly honest.

Okay, so now that we are past this bad happening, anybody got happy stuff to talk about?

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that when I had my bad headcold a month ago, which stayed with me for about a week, I was still able to make paragraph-long posts. Narvix, it was in one of the RPs we were in. Remember when I started making really quick posts rather than text walls?

That was why.

I wasn't going to let a sickness hold up 10 other people. Well, not one that minor. So I'd like to ask: do we know what Lilly is sick with?

I know this isn't my place to ask and I sound arrogant but by now I think people know that I can be a prick so I'm just going to go with it. I'm not trying to hurt feelings, I'm asking serious questions.

I want to make an estimate based on her sickness so I can know when we will finally be doing this so I don't have to check every five minutes. Which I've been doing.

Because this RP is legendary and I want to do it.

In another facet, if I don't post for roughly a week and stuff needs to be moving, go on without me. Don't do this. Don't make me feel like everyone is waiting on me. I'd be more hurt by that than hurt that things happened. I could read what happened or got a recap if people went on without me. It's better to do things for the group rather than a single person - no matter how nice you're being by not doing it. Unless what I was doing was seriously important for the rest of the group, then yeah.

By this point in reading, you're probably angry at me, which is understandable. But I'm being serious. I've had to make these calls before as OP. People get recaps. People get caught up. People understand. You have like 9 people who are fine and a tenth who isn't. If this was real life, and we had some sort of literary club, would you just not read the book without her, or let her read it on her own time?

Consider that.

Sorry for any stepped toes, as Narvix puts it. I'm doing it for the good of the other people who share my ideals.

And if it's such an issue, I believe a vote is the democratic method to solve this sort of thing. Strawpoll it or something.

I'll probably regret typing this later because Narvix and Millenium will tear it to pieces but for those of you who share my ideals, I did it so you knew I thought this way as well.

I, too, believe we should go forward. But it's fine. Millenium has the final say regardless.

Edited by Thaelasan

You know, Thae, though I deleted my posts because those they were responding to were deleted also, Narvix wasn't attacking Esko and Kuro.

She was backing me up.

Now I know you've cooked up this plot between you and Kuro, and that's all well and good. But I'm not shafting someone I care very deeply about for it.

I've said this four times today, making this the fifth time. If I have to say it a sixth time, people are gonna start getting kicked, because I'm sick to the back teeth of everything I say being ignored.

No, I don't know what she's ill with. I'm very worried about her, and I haven't heard from her since she said she was sick, which is very unlike her. I should point out that that was Friday night. Couple that with the fact that I almost suffered a heart attack today, and I really have no patience for any of this bull any longer.

We're not continuing until Lilly returns, end of story.

Because, Thae, as you keep forgetting time and time again, you are not the OP here, I am, and I'm under no obligation to do things democratically, or to listen to 'what you would do if you were me'.

I strongly advise that this subject be dropped.

Edited by Millennium07

A heart attack is kind of important.

I have yet to feel something like that but I'm sure it's painful, so I apologize. I hope you get to feeling better.

(shrugs)

Very well then.

Yeah, it is, but it wasn't a real one, just an almost-one. And I've suffered them before, I'll be fine.

Thank you for dropping it though.

So, got any happy, cheery subjects?