Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

@psy (SORRY YOU HAVE A SIMILAR ICON TO ZAKKU OOPS): Heck yeah. Earth Canadians. Though in my opinion, they'll end up being total bros eventually with a secret handshake and everything. (Also, either name for me works!)

@Thael: YES. So catchy. I'm writing up a post right now.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

By the way, one of Verick's many songs

EDIT: Flint be like

Edited by Thaelasan

Well, TUM, no matter if it takes you a week, a month or a year for you to do the height chart and THEN an individual drawing of Blake (if you wish to, of course), I shall be waiting. Like a puppy at its owner's feet, prepared to recieve a treat after a command of 'sit'.

Anyways, I shall try to sketch something up (mainly because I wasn't really happy with my drawing's anatomy) and MIGHT have a better Blake up soon. No hopes up till next weekend, though.

I'll be sure to get around to it, Kuro! I doodle a lot in class, so some stuff that is not the height chart might appear during the week.

And Thael, I do admit you have good taste in music. Any bands you'd recommend? I'd like to swap some new songs onto my ipod, which is right now full of mashups (mostly Norwegian Recycling) and game OSTs (plus the RWBY soundtrack yes).

Currently for Flint I'm swinging between the

and some
Just for those who are curious.

EDIT: I just realized I chose Hydrocity Zone Act 1 as his first song. How ironic.

xd.png Thank you, ser!

And, although I said that my next work would come a bit late, it turned out that the one sketch I just did somehow managed to grow enough to my liking. I just completed pencilwork, and I'll ink it later, but I might as well share it now to see what you guys think about it.

The face seems a tiny bit disproportional. To balance it out, I tried to make his body look as if was turned toward the left. Also, the eraser got a bit smudgy at the end, so there's a couple of places (such as near the right shoulder and left eye) where there's some hints of the traces left.

Without a further ado, here's Blake 2.0! biggrin.gif

Edited by KuroKishi

GOOD JOB KURO. ;3 You have earned my favor.

As for bands...

They have multiple styles. This is one I linked a while back to Millenium that I felt was definitely Verick's voice in a nutshell.

Les Friction is good. So is Q-Factory.

If you're a bit old fashioned, Peter Gabriel, Supertramp, Tom Petty, Rush, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Boston, Queen... The list is endless.

I listen to any number of songs while I'm rping - hence, why I always link my themes for them.

Oh.

And of course anime OSTs, such as Black Bullet, Date a Live (WHICH IS AMAZING AND THOSE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED IT SHOULD BECAUSE GAH. Ecchi warning though in some cases though, but not as much as you may think), Sword Art Online, and a few others I randomly come up with.

(shrugs)

My mind decides what to listen to, not me.

But why did you feel like you needed to admit that I had a good taste in music? :3 It's like you were reluctant. sad.gif

EDIT: Tohka tohka tohka.

Edited by Thaelasan

God, finally, some approval! I thought nobody noticed a drawing of mine yet again. Thank you, ser Thael. :3

And yeah, Thael seems to be quite skilled when it comes to choosing fitting music. If anything, he introduced me to All Good Things, which I now frequent as much as the daily tracks I listen to. Gave me other nice tracks, too.

It's because I can't type or post without SOMETHING in the background. Half my mind wants to daydream, the other half actually wants to write.

So I have to give the former half something to listen to so it gives me ideas while the other half types. I've said it before.

Cray and Ink. Those are the two personifications of my mind. Cray is my abstract. Ink is my concrete. Cray is male. Ink is female. When the two get together, great things are "born".

@Kuro: Sorry! I posted the recording before seeing the above post!

You're selling yourself short, man, that's actually really really good. Especially the hair.

@Thae: So basically the concept if the Anima and the Animus? Huh, interesting analogy there, actually.

My god I didn't think there was an entire damn culture dedicated to the idea. I just thought I had a wolf-girl secretary in my head who kept slapping the creative, male side of my mind into shape.

I embrace my feminine side. I can be an idiot and I know it, and she seems to keep me in line.

Besides, they're adorable together.

I used to sketch them all the time on papers. Ink would always wear clothes that matched the class I was in, and Cray always sat around bored on the page, hiding from Ink or messing up my work. (shrugs).

But why did you feel like you needed to admit that I had a good taste in music? :3 It's like you were reluctant. sad.gif

…Did I come across that way? I guess it's the way I phrased it. I'm so sorry. sad.gif Anyhoo, I'll check All Good Things out (and everything else yes)! My biggest issue is discovering new songs in the first place!

And Kuro, that looks really nice! I like your style -- it's a nice balance between realism and anime.

Thanks! I don't really like to go overly anime with the details, but I also don't have the capacity to draw it too realistically, so I just go with something inbetween.

Next week (when I got a break), I'll try to make a more serious version of him. Though he's cheery in this picture, Blake's usually supposed to be rugged, serious and mature. Here, he's kind of... easy-going and cheerful. That, or it's just a rare moment where he smiles.

In that picture, Vanessa hugged him.

Edit: As for the suggestions for music and bands, please tell me what you think of them.

The Date a Live OSTs are ridiculous. They sound like RPG music, which is why I actually had a fancomic/game idea based on it that I've been working on.

Edited by Thaelasan

SO THAT'S WHERE YOUR SIGNATURE GIFS COME FROM. Time to throw that on the list of anime I want to go through over winter break.

EDIT: I've been listening to Battle Rock 2 and I loved it enough to get it off iTunes. I'm also trying to find the album Just Passing Through (I hear it's got a swing to it), but they don't have it on youtube.

But I put her name in my signature. I did that so people could google search it.

There's not many main, purple-haired, female heroines in anime named Tohka that use giant, spirit swords.

Yatogami Tohka to be precise.

And yes. I adore her. Immensely. It's too bad that she doesn't get more love.

A lot of people prefer Kurumi to her because of Tohka's "naive nature."

But it's because she can be so adorable and yet be so amazingly overpowered that I like her.

EDIT: It's also where my avatar is from, though the caption was made by someone else. :3

Edited by Thaelasan

*cough* A lot of people.... yeah, me and zakku, methinks... *cough*

Anyways, who're we still waiting for? Lilly?

YOU LIKE KURUMI MORE? You TRAITOR!

I know Zakku likes Origami but YOU?!

EDIT: I AM being facetious with Kuro btw. Don't believe for a moment that I'm angry at him.

Edited by Thaelasan

Help me I can't stop drawing Flint. Mostly trying to figure out his Vice Breaker and Vice Reflector.

And as part of my warmup drawings today, I did some messy headshots of Chuan Li and Blake. (I love drawing characters from RPs since it helps me vary faces so you can (almost) tell who's who without looking at their names).

I would color more stuff too, if only Chaos would tell me what color the uniforms were >:o

They're black. Everything is black. The air is black. The sky is black. The school is black. It's all ebony, and very, very, dark grey.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I'd assume the uniform color is based on the Saint's element, like white and gold for light, purple and black for dark, black and red for fire...

Edited by Thaelasan

Oh, Hm, it's white, mainly. The collar section is black.

The tie colour is based on age

15 - Green

16 - Red

17 - Blue

And the highlight colour on the collar section depends on element

Fire - Red

Water - Blue

Air - Green

Earth - Orange

Light - Yellow

Darkness - Purple

Something like this what you were looking for TUM? This was all the way back on page 16. You did a great job with him, quite close to what I was thinking he would be like.

EDIT: It was also stated that before it is known which element the Saint has an affinity towards they use grey instead of whatever element they are.

Edited by psyshock