Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves - OOC

Does anyone, maybe two from the unpaired, want to temporarily pair up with Alis and Antonio for the sake of having tension do to the pairing not being compatible? They would get reassigned later down the line of course so Alis and Antonio end up as a pair in the end.

Someone else can have the open character slot if they really want it. I'm not really too keen on making another character right now, it was more of just a random idea that popped in my head than a solid one anyways, I'm fine with just one character. I am likely just to go back on the pyrophobic fire character anyways considering I'm not too keen on fire. We also need more Earth characters anyways, so someone else could use this as an opportunity to make an Earth Saint.

Thael, you have Verick and Rose in some kind of lounge right? At the least, somewhere designed for dinning. You're free to start an interaction with Thel if you desire.

I just know that the layout of the ship is gonna change a bit between each person |D

Wrong, Thael, on many, many accounts. Wrong, wrong, wrong. :\ Don't make assumptions because there is a lot of specific information that you had Rose spew without any way for her to know.

First, you can't see calluses beneath gloves. Second, he's not hiding them because he doesn't even care. Third, there is absolutely no mention of archery in his history because he never learned how to shoot a bow. In fact, he never learned how to use any sort of weapon except how to handle farm tools.

Fourth, there is no way to tell who has what bloodline from which parent unless you are told or you have seen the parent(s). Fifth, how someone holds themselves is not related to their heritage; it's related to their personality and their environment.

I was taught, in school, by a Turkish computer lab teacher, to sit with my back straight while at the computer. My band teacher, white as far as I knew, taught the same thing for proper posture for the sake of better playing. My parents never told me how to hold myself. I sit straight at desks and in chairs mostly. Otherwise, people say I hold myself confidently but I'm not confident. I have very low self-esteem. However, I pretend like being bullied for countless years didn't affect me.

Sixth, Thel greeted Verick without much of a second beat. There's no way for Rose to believe that Thel had thought out his response before speaking. For all anyone knows but Thel, he could have spoken reflexively. A lot of people do in simple greetings and introductions. And Kindness is something that's reciprocated if someone else is kind first. If Verick acts kind, the other, in turn, will be kind a great majority of the time. If Verick had acted extremely rude, Thel would have responded with rudeness. At any rate, there isn't any way for Rose to have known how Thel responded to Verick.

Seventh, you power-played Thel. You made the assumption that Thel never once looked at Rose. That is for me to decide. Additionally, Thel doesn't come off as Homosexual. He comes off as a human being. Anyone, regardless of sexuality, will stare at whomever they please for whatever reason. My boyfriend has kept his eyes focused on a guy who was examining me. However, my boyfriend is not a homosexual. I have examined girls before, ignoring their boyfriend beside them but I am not a homosexual. I look at their clothes, often with disgust for what they're wearing because of how revealing it is. Otherwise, I don't really look at anyone else in passing. I make eye contact with whomever is speaking at the time.

Now, pardon me while I have Thel seriously correct Rosaline and put her in her place.

EDIT: Additionally, reading a certain type of book does not merit you as a detective.

EDIT 2: Even if Rose could see the calluses on his hands, there's no way for her to determine if they're from farm work. There are many jobs that require manual labor and cause calluses. Even non-occupation hobbies like wood work.

Edited by Narvix

So I was practicing lines today and decided to do another recording that no body asked for and no one has to listen to, don't worry it's fine >>;;

This one features David and Robin talking about their opinions on their situation, and includes mentions of Verrick, Rose, Blake, Antonio, I think

Morgan and Eirwen, and of course, Cherisa and Sasha.

But it is still on auto continue do when it stops being serious tslking and starts being... Whatever else I have on there, that's the end if the recording. It might be me singing in Japanese actually...

Also shows what Robin sounds like~

Click if you want~

Necessary updates to the list and new chara artwork are on the way too~

Lol David and Robin. I love Robin so much..

Edit: Is this after orientation or are they still on the boat?

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Oh, the recording?

It's supposed to be set some time during the RP, maybe after the first Labyrinth Operation :3

Once the Saints have had time to grow closer to one another, and fight alongside each other.

And with that, my friends, the first post of the IC thread is officially up-to-date with links and forms restored!

Expect more artwork later tonight!

Yyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyyy Sasha looks for Robin when he isn't there and gets embarrased when he is.

Hmm? Not really, though none of the characters have been given their Vice Breakers yet. It's draining on the psyche to use them... And so most don't use them outside of combat, but they could theoretically be manifested outside of it.

Hrm. That's actually a different problem altogether - as Vanessa's doll isn't a real Vice Breaker. It's what she'll be using to fight with... But it isn't a Vice Breaker. Just a manifestation of her power. I'll agree that it seems a bit OTT for Vanessa to be able to manifest her already, seeing as up until a few weeks ago, she was a normal human with no powers at all.

I'm fine with it for now, but I'll be keeping a closer eye on power-levels from now on...

Which leads me to what Vice Reflector's and Vice Breakers are.

I think I've briefly touched on this, but they're an ethereal blessing bestowed upon the heroes by the academy. The shapes they take reflect the characters' personalities, but they haven't been given out yet.

I gotta draw Sasha's Vice Reflector soon... Forgot to 0-0

Sure thing, I'll draw my own renditions of those!

You might have to explain them a tad though... They look rather complex and I can't really tell what's what right now =O

And Aww! That's really creative!

Yeah. I did a horrible mark on each of their Vice Reflectors...

Sasha has the helmet and mask, right? Her Vice Reflector is supposed to look a bit more draconic. That isn't a problem, is it? And it is blue, the spikes a lighter blue, and the rest a deep blue. However, her "horns" are black.

Esko's is supposed to look more like my OC Esko. The first Esko was what that clay thingy I made looked like, and what my AVATAR SHOULD BE IF MY IPAD DIDNT SAY IT WASNT ALLOWED!! It has a tie to the Esko incarnation line and whatnot, but I will explain that whole thing another time. His daggers are supposed to allow him great stealth. He wears his cloak over the whole thing lol. Often, his hood is up, but it can be down.

Hrm. That's actually a different problem altogether - as Vanessa's doll isn't a real Vice Breaker. It's what she'll be using to fight with... But it isn't a Vice Breaker. Just a manifestation of her power. I'll agree that it seems a bit OTT for Vanessa to be able to manifest her already, seeing as up until a few weeks ago, she was a normal human with no powers at all.

I'm fine with it for now, but I'll be keeping a closer eye on power-levels from now on...

Which leads me to what Vice Reflector's and Vice Breakers are.

I think I've briefly touched on this, but they're an ethereal blessing bestowed upon the heroes by the academy. The shapes they take reflect the characters' personalities, but they haven't been given out yet.

Then, I also have to ask: How did Verick, Rosaline, Vanesa, and Blake all discover/use their Saint abilities long before their 15th birthdays?

That's a differant matter entirely, and is one I am most vehemebtky on your side on... I've stated time and again that Saints are just like ordinary humans until the mark appears. They are, from birth, however, going to be Saints, so they always have that potential within them...

Which is why I'm not going to cause a fuss about it... It's my fault for not realising sooner. In Verrick and Rose's case... It could be handwaved by their rather obvious severe mental instability. (And on Thae's part may have been a misinterpretation that the government and/or accademy was immoral, and to be fair, I was a little vague in the original wording), but for Blake and Vanessa...

Let's just say I hope this is the last time I hope to let a misinterpretation slide. I'm deliberately trying to be clearer now.

Which reminds me... The academy is actually completely and 100% good. There are no unethical human testing, no brainwashing, nothing, just an elite academy set up to train child soldiers.

Not that that SOUNDS good, but given the circumstances, they are.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say what I think Narvix has been trying to get at this whole time.

This RP isn't an open sandbox and does have a plot.

So try to limit your plans for future developments unless you've talked to me first. I mean, Kuro had this brilliant idea that... Well didn't work because it was the exact opposite of what I had planned xd.png

I'm not meaning to come off as a dick, and I'm not angry... I'm just stating that the RP DOES have a direction it's heading toward.

Now I'm all for developing the partnerships through a shared history and shares development, hell you can see Lil and I doing something vaguely similar, but... Try to bare in mind that the plot in general is not up for discussion.

Now I'm not having a go at anyone, or singling people out. SO FAR, other than the minor hiccup I mention at the start of this post, nothing at all has derailed anything :3

I'm just giving this warning now so if it comes to it... Hey at least I have a public notice.

Alright, fine, I'll just state it here.

From the beginning, I never assumed the academy was evil, I just assumed they would use whatever possible to get the people to join. Verick and Rose were a special case.

You guys are under the misconception it's been years since their powers manifested. It's only been roughly three months since Vanessa's murder, or more.

But what I believed was this.

1. When powers manifest, it's hard to direct them. For Fire Saints, their powers are directly linked to emotion, far more than anyone else. Theirs are more likely to react to negative and positive emotions in the extreme, meaning that being bound is basically a way to keep them stable. Hence why they gain power from being bound. They are usually only damage.

- Water users gain more power from thought and focus. Water sources have some hand in it, but if they keep their emotions at bay and think clearly, their powers don't go crazy. They are good for wind and fire bondings because of their ability to think clearly - though fire and water isn't recommended. They are usually support.

- Wind users are based on speed and hyperactivity. They need to eat more energy to use their abilities but because they control the air, they have a lot more to work with. Unlike other users, they never have a limit to the amount of element they can work with. Fire is based on emotion, so there is a certain limit based on the user's will (though have an active flame nearby increases this). Because of this, water and wind users work well together. They are usually rogues or support.

- Earth users are based on time. A lot of their spells require charging and construction. They're good for building things - especially golems. Their defensive magic is unmatched. They're good for shadow and fire users who use mainly offensive abilities. Wind isn't advised for them, as they go too quickly for wind to take advantage of their defense.

- Light users are like fire in the sense that they are based on the feelings of those around them. Light users are strongest when they are happy, cheesy as it is. During the day, their power is strongest, or in a good light source. They are the most versatile, and can be good for almost any bonding. Light and Dark bondings are said to be legendary, but few and far between, and hard to work with.

- Dark users are based on memory, especially strong ones, and the memories of those around them. As such, things tied to their past really assist their abilities. A dark user will gain more power when something tied to their personal history is disrupted, like with Blake and Vanessa. They are mainly rogues, using shadow to hide and use their abilities.

2. The Academy training is meant to make it easier to DIRECT their powers, not use them perse. It's easy to USE the abilities, but feeling for them and ensuring the amount of magic used isn't excessive is hard - especially for Fire, Wind, and Light Users. Fire, Wind, and Light are considered emotion and unstable elements. Dark, Earth, and Water are considered defensive, thoughtful elements. However, Dark still represents Chaos. Light still represents Order. Light users also gain power the more people support them. As long as the people around them are happy, they become "suns" of their community.

3. Bondings increase power HEAVILY and can be done the minute a person shows promise. Bondings make it much easier to use power, but still not direct it.

EDIT: 4. Vice Weapons can be something from the person's preexisting inventory or manifest according to need. When not in battle or extreme situations, they're basically just normal objects with some magical effects. The weapons cannot exhibit their full power unless they get training. Some people don't have theirs yet. Others have them, but don't understand how strong they are.

Edited by Thaelasan

See? That's fine ^-^ 3 months is fine.

Those aren't quite true... And aren't quite false.

Well the last one most certainly is false, but the others aren't quite...

When it comes to Saints, beyond what I say in the OP... There are no 'rules'. A Saint of Fire could be controlled and reasoned (hell, David actually is unless a friend is threatened), just as a Saint of Water could be violent and temperamental (like Sasha's form indicates). Not all Saints of Fire are violent (though it should be said, in-universe, most people think they are), not all Saints of Water are passive/support etc. it's very much an individual thing.

The elements aren't devoted into 'feelings' and 'thoughts' at all. They are just six elements. Each of them as violent and peaceful as the next.9

And the powers manifest as pure, elementless energy at first, except in life-threatening situations. David can't make a fireball even if he's pissed, for instance. Not unti he's been trained to do so.

The Academy is fourfold in purpose.

Obviously, it's to train Saints on how to manifest their powers to the extent of their abilities.

But also it's to facilitate bonds, and the nurturing of relationships.

And it's also a place to live safely.

And also for observation... After all, the government still knows very little about what makes a Saint a Saint.

As they are, Saints are incomplete beings. They possess the equivalent to half the power of Alexandria, the first Saint. Two saints working together this possess the equivalent of her full power... But if their in love, it magnifies that immensely. You were actually pretty spot on here :3

... Aaaaaand nope. Vice Breakers are Acadamy-made weaponry. Which means that Vanessa will still receive one even though she'll use her doll to fight.

Vice Breakers are Acadamy-made weaponry. Which means that Vanessa will still receive one even though she'll use her doll to fight.

Which then means that Rosaline's ring can't possibly exist. Nor Verick's gun from his father to be his Vice Breaker.

Also, I wish to point out, 3 months was never made clear. What was made clear:

When they hit the age of fourteen, a sudden bout of the illness hit her just as they were on their way home from school, in the middle of the street. Afraid that she would get in any harm, he leaped out into the road...

And into an inferno. Both Rosalina and he were protected by an immense flame as he looked around, confused. It was at that moment that his mark presented itself, branding in flame.

With this new power, he made it his mission to continue his defense of her, burning anything that got in his way. His erratic powers and will earned him the title of The Inferno.

Her power began to develop earlier than Verick's but she didn't like to show it to anyone else but him. She could use it to strengthen herself a bit and work around, but it wasn't until she was fourteen that she actually used it to a great extent.

After her close brush with death, Verick couldn't break free of his flames. They were too intense, and began to burn everything around him, getting worse if she wasn't near. Using her water abilities, she ran to him and bound herself to him, which not only made his power stable and hers as well, but also forged a ring between them both that made him her familiar.

Then, after a childhood game, Vanessa went missing. The reports say she died from stab wounds from an older abductor. However, what died was her golem, which manifested itself to protect her from danger.

Blake, however, saw the golem and killed the man who stabbed it, believing Vanessa dead. Vanessa, who had hidden, couldn't bring herself to reveal herself to him, afraid of what he had just done.

If it's been 3 months, then how can a golem - small enough to fit in her bag - be mistaken as her?