_Sin_

Increase the raffle winners pool

For 600 people: Yes. For the rest: Probably not. wink.gif

Edited by olympe

Well actually - that could be said even if everyone but one got a prize...

There will ALWAYS be people who don't win. No matter how large the pool. And short of plonking a new dragon on everyone's scroll - NOT something I would ever support - we all have to learn to accept that gracefully.

*laughs tragically and falls off stool*

The pool is still small for so many people who play dc active. But it is much better than the past years.

I'm actually quiet happy. While it won't make a huge difference, 600 new dragons is a large enough pool to show in some way.

And so much for EVER being able to snag another CB metal! Can you imagine the competition for them NOW, since multiple CB Metals is all Prize-winners ask for low-gen eggs? It just struck me that now there are even more Unobtainiums.

since multiple CB Metals is all Prize-winners ask for low-gen eggs?

No it isn't.

---

I'm glad to see that 600 new prizes will be handed out. With such a huge increase I think that you really cannot judge how much of a difference it will make until it's been several months after their introduction. I was expecting an increase of winners this year, but certainly not one of that size.

Edited by Commander Wymsy

No it isn't.

---

I'm glad to see that 600 new prizes will be handed out. With such a huge increase I think that you really cannot judge how much of a difference it will make until it's been several months after their introduction. I was expecting an increase of winners this year, but certainly not one of that size.

This.

AND maybe, with more 2Gs available... 2Gs will STOP going for a persons whole SCROLL.

Just a thought.

And so much for EVER being able to snag another CB metal! Can you imagine the competition for them NOW, since multiple CB Metals is all Prize-winners ask for low-gen eggs? It just struck me that now there are even more Unobtainiums.

Slow down, not all prize winners ask for that. Just because some accept the offers of them for some of the eggs doesnt mean its all they want. Lets not make assumptions on things we have no solid proof about. I mentioned else were that for example, I don't always trade for metals. With my second gens, if someone wanted an offspring but had nothing of 'worth' I gave them the option to hunt certain commons for me, and hatch them then trade them to me. I owe them but yeah, I didn't ask for all the metals their scroll could hold. Also saying "Well just cuz you didnt doesnt mean others don't" True but it doesnt mean all of them do.

I will emphasize this again, When it comes to trading for prizes or anything of worth it comes down to negotiating at the right time, with the right person. Not all prize winners will gift or trade for less, but not all will ask for insane amount of rares.

I have over half a dozen 2g Prizes and haven't traded a single CB Metal for any of them (well, unless you count Coppers, which I don't). This despite often offering them as a payment option. It's a matter of patience and keeping an eye on lists. If you want more ~top secret techniques~ (except not really haha), feel free to PM me. ^^

I'm hopeful that this huge jump will make 2gs more accessible for the average person as well, plus make prize checkers more doable. biggrin.gif

We had best hope that the ratios adjust to account for the increase. Otherwise the huge number of people who want "second-gen-from-common-mate-only-no-holiday-mates" etc are going to be waiting a long time. Actually, a longer time than they already do.

We had best hope that the ratios adjust to account for the increase. Otherwise the huge number of people who want "second-gen-from-common-mate-only-no-holiday-mates" etc are going to be waiting a long time. Actually, a longer time than they already do.

I would assume. ASSUME, mind you, but I don't know, that TJ already took that into consideration when he made the choice to up the number of winners.

Neither one of my 2nd gen Prizes cost a single CB Metal.

Actually.... One I got for CB Crimsons! Very few Prize winners actually *ask* for CB metals. Those offers are from people who *want* the 2nd gen Prize... But can't seem to find a list open.

I think the 600 will help a *lot*. It more than doubles the number of total Prizes, which is roughly 240ish right now.

ETA: Its also up to the prize winners. They *can* tell people PMing them that they won't breed to super-commons, or anything that takes more than 3 or 4 breeding attempts to produce an egg. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

OK, the Raffle-Pool has been increased. Will it make a difference?

imo yes. both as a positive and a negative if the previous 3 years are any indication.

pos - breeding should be much easier and lower gens (anything below 3G, possibly 2G) will be treated as "common" in the trade market and not go for much at all. it will also shift the dynamic of "2G prize = ?? CB Golds." down. so a 2G prize will be worth less CB Golds than they currently are (not 1:1 but certainty not the going rate thats applied now). we'll start seeing even more EG's, Perfect checkers and possibly PB EG lines.

neg - "prize trash" as people tend to call the longer gens will increase from 5G+ to 4G+ (or possibly even 3G+ ) meaning the market will be harder to trade in for prize swaps (in the same way that the market now isn't interested in anythign over 5G with prize lines, even if your trading a gendered hatchy for a hand full of commons dry.gif ) and will be souly dependent on CB prize production. this could also lead to more harassment and pressure on CB owners.

2014 - prize pool was doubled for Tinsels, but kept the same with Shimmers. breeding was great all year, towards the Holidays things started to go dry but lines were still producing at least 1 shiny every other month. the trading market morphed. 3G's lines traded 1:1 for CB Golds, becoming the ceiling for most collectors to realistically obtain. 4G's were the main focus, mainly for blood swaps.

2013 - total prizes handed out was increased from 50 -> 150. no tinsels were added, but a new breed was released. Tinsel prices laxed to where the focus on trading was 3G's and 2G's, tinsels bred well. Shimmers were new so 5G's were going 1:1 with CB Golds at the start but laxed to 4G's going 1:1 for CB Golds near the end.

2012 - 50 prizes handed out, only Tinsels. 4G lines were trading 1:1 with CB Golds (or 2 or 3 CB stirpes/blacks), 5G lines were focuesed on trading for swaps. mid year (around august iirc) metals cite wide hit a drought. prize breeding in every line came to a screeching halt and people were lucky to even get a Kin from their lines.

Edited by Red2111

We had best hope that the ratios adjust to account for the increase.  Otherwise the huge number of people who want "second-gen-from-common-mate-only-no-holiday-mates" etc are going to be waiting a long time.  Actually, a longer time than they already do.

I wonder if this problem stems more from the mates chosen being too common than it does from prize ratios? I posted somewhere that my prize x copper breeds prizes much better than my prize x moonstone.

In any case it will probably take a few months before we see what impact this level of winners has, but I'm hopeful it will be a very positive impact.

I also hope I win one, but Lady Luck doesn't favor me, generally. *crosses fingers anyway*

I wonder if this problem stems more from the mates chosen being too common than it does from prize ratios? I posted somewhere that my prize x copper breeds prizes much better than my prize x moonstone.

That is absolutely a real issue. Take a look for yourself. I myself liked using Trios and Tsunamis as what I lovingly referred to as "disposable rares" when I was trying to make the Zombie line, because they reliably gave me Tinsels and were easy to acquire.

Edit: Hahah yes, even gens with Prizes being much more feasible to have going a few generations will be nice too. I'm looking forward to that!

Edited by Commander Wymsy

In any case it will probably take a few months before we see what impact this level of winners has, but I'm hopeful it will be a very positive impact.

I also hope I win one, but Lady Luck doesn't favor me, generally. *crosses fingers anyway*

I've been doing some breeding experiments, and I can tell you that many of the commons seem to "block" the other mate. Falconi x Royal Crimson = All Falconis, Cassare x Trihorn = all Cassares, Olive x Albino = all Olives, Olive x Blue Banded = all Blue Banded, Frostbite x Trihorn = all Frostbite, Fever x Nocturn = all Fevers, Bleeding Moon x Nhiostrife = all Bleeding Moons. All of those pairings were over 10 breedings each, and got 0 to 3 "no interest / egg".

But Vine x Thunder gives Vines, Thunders, and No Interests / No eggs in the same set of 10. So does Thunder x Sunsong, and several others. So, anything that's on the common side of common will block the Prize from producing a Prize egg.

Cheers!

C4.

I've been doing some breeding experiments, and I can tell you that many of the commons seem to "block" the other mate. Falconi x Royal Crimson = All Falconis, Cassare x Trihorn = all Cassares, Olive x Albino = all Olives, Olive x Blue Banded = all Blue Banded, Frostbite x Trihorn = all Frostbite, Fever x Nocturn = all Fevers, Bleeding Moon x Nhiostrife = all Bleeding Moons. All of those pairings were over 10 breedings each, and got 0 to 3 "no interest / egg".

But Vine x Thunder gives Vines, Thunders, and No Interests / No eggs in the same set of 10. So does Thunder x Sunsong, and several others. So, anything that's on the common side of common will block the Prize from producing a Prize egg.

Cheers!

C4.

Falconis are HORRIBLE that way. >.<

Been trying to get an Avatar from a Falconi-GoN pair and NOTHING but falconis.

Don't get me wrong, falconis are a cool sprite, but... not easy to work with as far as breeding.

Edited by Silverswift

not all prize winners ask for multiple metals. Some gift, some have trade requests that are easily obtainable by others. A few want multiples but not all.

interestingly from my offering of third gen prizes in trades, I asked for offers, and got multiple metals. People are offering metals. I actually needed some, so I took the offers. If people offered me vampires, I likely would have taken that.

I got my first 2G Tinsel for filling an order of 12 cb waterhorse hatchlings

Granted the Owner approached me and made the offer. I pounced on it!

Edited by xeyla

not all prize winners ask for multiple metals. Some gift, some have trade requests that are easily obtainable by others. A few want multiples but not all.

interestingly from my offering of third gen prizes in trades, I asked for offers, and got multiple metals. People are offering metals. I actually needed some, so I took the offers. If people offered me vampires, I likely would have taken that.

And some of us just give them away weekly. I rarely even trade them, I just find people and send them a link most of the time now.

Falconis are HORRIBLE that way. >.<

Been trying to get an Avatar from a Falconi-GoN pair and NOTHING but falconis.

Don't get me wrong, falconis are a cool sprite, but... not easy to work with as far as breeding.

It is just matter of luck, I tried Falconiform x Gon and got that view minutes ago eggy. It is the same with the CB Prize breeding, you have CB owners which breed their prize with 2x Falconiforms and they got an prize egg and there are CB owners with no luck.

I'm actually quiet happy. While it won't make a huge difference, 600 new dragons is a large enough pool to show in some way.

Indeed, if nothing else, it makes us feel a little more relieved.

With more CBs and more hope for those who can offer, to potentially get 2nd gens, maybe a little of the overall site focus can shift off Prizes and trade values, and a little more emphasis on personal valuation in terms of individual taste be returned to the various sprites. smile.gif

Indeed, if nothing else, it makes us feel a little more relieved.

With more CBs and more hope for those who can offer, to potentially get 2nd gens, maybe a little of the overall site focus can shift off Prizes and trade values, and a little more emphasis on personal valuation in terms of individual taste be returned to the various sprites. smile.gif

This.

I'm quite pleased with the sudden increase in the pool of winners. For one thing, I feel like I actually have a chance of winning (don't talk to me about math or numbers, I was an English major, this is all about my feelings laugh.gif); for another, I have much more confidence in being able to build EG lineages with Prizes despite not being in a position to offer CB metals for 2nd gens. I do very much believe that we'll see some improvements in the market because of the increase. smile.gif