RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

"You talk of keeping balance in the world, yet are you so naive, blinded by your grief, that you didn't realize that the demons nearly wiped out the human race?" She snapped, the air around her crackling. "You are just like the rest! Ungrateful! Insolent fool!" Baring her teeth, she shook her head. "Maybe if you'd actually had helped, she would still be here. You could have made all the difference."Her voice grew quiet, barely audible. She too, knew the lost of a loved one. But had she gotten a chance to linger, to grieve? No.

"Huh? Oh. I'm find. Uh, demons seek out trouble. The Convent would be a prime place to find them, as ironic as it is." Raven shifted uncomfortably and sipped at her hot chocolate.

Dotzrus stared at her, anger in his voice was replaced by a cold one that made the air around him shiver. "It was an Angel's sword that pierced her... I was fighting demons away from her when some Angels came down. They looked at her soul and decided that she was to die because they sensed a demon in it... That demon was me. Your kind is to look at morals and deeds... But no, you saw a slight hint of demon so killing her was the easy way to solve it. I don't know what loving and holy god would to do that, but it seems his army is allowed to take mortal lives as they please..." He turned his back to rain, face darkened as saddness ran through him. "All I could do was kill those Angels... Bury her, and grieve. Finding a demon responsible for stealing away souls he told me her soul shattered because of the confusion... My mistake was trusting Angels to keep her safe... Now I can't even see her in the afterlife..."

Sarah woke in the morning and checkered on Vorgin. To wake him up she trailed her fingers along his cheek bone, murmuring in a soft voice so he won't get mad for being woken up roughly. "Vorgin.... Vorgin come on... wake up.. you fell asleep at my place. Are you feeling better? Less stressed now... " She pushed away the hair that hung in his face and giggled, he looked so peaceful in his sleep she felt bad for waking him. "Vorgin, come on.. I need to go to work.." She still spoke softly, there was only a kind warmth and a soothing tone in her voice.

___

Madigan hid in the cave and laid back down, confused at what happened but was glad he left. He fell asleep again.

_____

"Sorry to hold you up doctor, I should get some sleep.. it is kind of ironic... maybe they where after me, I was a bit of a trouble maker. " Malak laid down again folded his wings about him and fell asleep while murmuring a prayer in Latin under his breath.

Vorgin's eye shot open as he yelled in surprise. His wings opened up and flapped once making him go up and bang his head on the ceiling. He landed down with a thud back in the couch rubbing his head. "Ow... God... What happened?" Looking around he saw it was Sarah and still at her place. "...oh... I didn't mean to fall asleep here..."

"Holy censorkip.gif you scared me" Sarah was clutching her chest taking deep breaths to calm down. "I gave you a massage and you fell asleep, I didn't want to wake you so I let you sleep on the couch... oh.... wow.... what amazing wings! There like the giant flying Fox bats I care for at the zoo... such amazing bone structure.... " She reached out to touch the wings then thought better and pulled back a blush coloring her pale cheeks. "Sorry....... they are so beautiful.... the color, and the bones... so thin... " She reached out again and stopped herself once more blushing harder, her cheeks crimson. She was just so captivated by his wings. She was studying them intensely.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Vorgin looked at her and sighed, he turned and opened them up so she could see them better, "You can touch them. They are sensitive to younger demons, but I made sure I toughened them up." He flexed his wings to stretch them out. While she didn't massage them directly, he felt the affects of it on his hidden wings.

"What?..." That didn't make sense. Why would they have killed her, and not Raven? From what he said, she wasn't even a demon. But the Kingdom is just. Angels under the order would not have killed her. Unless... They had been ordered to. An obvious chill ran through her. "They would not have killed her, unless they'd been ordered to." Rain tried to swallow, but her mouth was bone dry. "And if that's true, she was mortal, they would've known. They wouldn't kill a non-full demon." What am I missing? Should I tell him? Exhaling slowly, she released the hold on her sword. "There's another, like you. She is the only angel ever to have black wings; black as the void of light itself. But, she is not just an angel. Her mother was an archangel- one of the most powerful beings of The Kingdom, made in the Father's likeness, and her father... The Devil. Satan." Rain ran her fingers through her hair. "She was going to be killed. I, being the one to do the deed. But... The Lord spared her. And she was brought up as the 'replacement' archangel to fill her mother's position- the subordinate of the lead archangel, Michael. Of course, she has been kept ignorant of what she is. But they didn't kill her, and look at what she is. That's why it doesn't make any sense to me." The angel sat down on the overturned log. "They told us you betrayed the angels, and that you were fighting for the demons. To kill you on the spot. Apparently, they've been lying to us."

Raven exhaled in relief, fleeing the room. Ditching her hot cocoa, she headed to the helipad on the roof of the hospital. There, cool icy air greeted her. The sun was dipping below the horizon now, the shadows of the city easing its' way up the eastern hills. "You don't know what you are." The voice echoed again. "You don't belong here. You're a monster."

Sarah didn't hesitate in touching his wings, running smooth fingers lightly along bones and vains. She seemed almost breathless at the sight of them . She murmured names of bones and the skin between them she dipped below and looked at the inside of the wing still trailing her fingers over them. "So thin, yet rough.... I can feel muscle along the wing bones... this.... these are amazing Vorgin..." Her words where soft and breathless. "So many vains........beautiful......." She moved over to his other wing doing the same, feeling the bones and leather beneath her fingertips.

_________

Madigan made a small fire before falling asleep. Meela and Anubis both on guard.

((Hi! Can I join? I'll probably make two characters, a human and a demon, or maybe a demon/angel. Both will be female because I suck at male characters.

Is this OK?))

((No more demon-angel hybrids right now, but sure! We move pretty quick though, so I only recommend joining if you're pretty active. smile.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

(Eep. Very active. I just got double-ninja'd...

I'd definitely join if it was a little less fast, but I'd just get left behind so much and I hate that, so I'll pass.

Bai ppl!)

Vorgin looked at her studying his wings. Looking at the time, he knew she would need to leave soon. "You don't want to be late for work... If it's okay, would you mind me staying here until you come back? My house isn't much and I promise not to mess anything up." As he said this, his wings wrapped around her in an embrace, he looked down at her reddened face. "I would be very... happy. If just for today." His eyes looked deep into hers.

Dotzrus sighed, "...I can't betray a side I never fought for... I fought for myself and her. I preferred your kind, but it seems angels and demons are capable of the same level of corruption..."

Sarah looked back in to his eyes for a moment before slightly smiling. "I will let you stay.... only.." She held up a finger not breaking eye contact with him. "If you smile for me, just once. You may wonder about my apartment, just don't touch my paperwork on my desk, and the whiskey in the crystal bottle...you can stay only if you smile for me... " She poked his chest, an odd sight considering she was quite a bit shorter than he was. She felt so.... comforted by his wings around her. They where so warm, rough, yet soft....

Vorgin looked away, "O-Okay..." He sighed, he had laughed in maniacal anger before but a genuine happy smile was not something he did. Looking back at Sarah, he believed happiness could be possible... so he smiled at her.

((They say his heart grew three sizes that day...))

Sarah stared for a moment and gave him a blazing grin. "You look more handsome with a smile then that scowl you always have... " She hugged him and lingered. "You smell really good.... ah.." She quickly pulled away and carefully slipped out of his wings and bustled about grabbing her things, keeping her head down to hide her blush. "I'll see you tonight then!" She rushed out the door closing it and leaned against it composing herself before heading down to her work. Debra caught her looking at the giant bats, yet her eyes glazed with a smile on her face, and questioned and teased her about it.

"Day dreaming about a certain someone?"

"No! No I'm not... you know how I am about the bats..."

"you're blushing.... and I know that look.. Sarah has a crush!" Debra sang and Sarah got flustered and finally gave up on denying it. "I don't know if he likes me... well ok not that but... you know how I am around guys... a kind of.... fire... in him....I just don't know..."

"Shut you're stupid brain off and listen to your heart. If he has a fire in him he might melt that cold icy heart you have and take it! From what I see it's already thawing!" she grabbed her friend and shook her making Sarah giggle at Debra's antics. "Okay! Okay! I'll try... sort that now and let's get back to work..."

(Only true love can thaw a frozen heart... xd.png))

Vorgin smiled as she closed the door, "...well... that was... nice..." Grabbing a beer, he decided to explore a little more except the places she told him not to. He went out to the balcony and at the city, "...well, I guess it this works out... I could use a new life..." The rest of the day he just relaxed, watched TV, and reminisced.

Her apartment consists of; her bedroom painted a dark red with a blood red bed spread, and attached bathroom. A spare bedroom, dark blue with black bed spread and attached bath with a separate door so guests didn't have to walk through the bedroom to go to the bathroom. And another room with a dark mahogany desk and papers strewn about it a sleek laptop lay shut on it, a black leather office chair, and a book case with a glass door filled with books on dark horror stories to the right of the door. Two and a half walls had blades from swords to daggers of all shapes and sizes, although most of the collection was on her bedroom wall. The wall behind the desk was a map with strings of different colors and pins with clippings and photos all over it like you see on crime shows.

Sarah came home at six, opening the door and closing it leaning her forehead against it in a huff. The day was long, and highly irritating, one of those times she really wished she could get angry and yell at her stupid coworker.

Vorgin saw her frustration, using his wing, he lifted her chin and turned her around. "Need a drink? You looked stressed." He made sure to smile for her, welcoming her home. Nodding to her, he sat back down and motioned for her to sit down, "Let me take care of your needs tonight."

"Apparently so." She shook her head and rested her head on the heel of her hand. "I have to tell her." As if on cue, a dark form hurled itself from the sky, down in front of Rain. Raven looked up, and Rain's face drained of color. "W-what am I?" She said hoarsely. Her face was slashed with many small cuts oozing blood. Rain was just about to explain, but a hum of current filled the air. "Oh censorkip.gif ." The angel looked to Dotzrus. "This is going to get messy. Bad. You might want to run." Holding the sobbing Raven to her, she stood slowly. "They're sending re-enforcements".

Sarah looked surprised and took off her shoes. "Yah... I could use a beer." She let her hair down and sat on the couch beside him sighing. "People who can't take care of wild animals properly shouldn't work as a zoo keeper. ..." She moved closer and leaned against him burrowing her face in his shirt with a humm. "You really do smell amazing..... how do you smell so good? Way better then any cologne, or anything really.... so spicy... hmmmm...." She relaxed visibly and snuggled against him and his warmth.

Dotzrus face remained calm as he looked to the sky. His wings unfolded, "If this the same group of Angels that usually does Heaven's dirty work, then I want a word with them..." He pulled out his two swords, one black and one white. "I think we put differences aside... For now..."

Vorgin smirked assume burrowed into his chest, "I use the darkness as my conditioner. It's pure and gets rid of the smell of blood faster than anything in the world." He handed her a beer and layed back, his arm around her. The TV was showing a History show about artifacts in Europe.

Edited by Dotzrus

Rain nodded, her face growing taut. She knew what the end result was going to be now. "Time to face the music." She put Raven's crumpled form down lightly against the trunk of the log she had been sitting on, and then rose to her feet, drawing her sword.

((heading to bed. night.))

Sarah pushed back and looked at him sceptical. "Who the hell are you and what the hell you have done to grumpy serious Vorgin? You actually made a joke! This is major improvement! That massage really worked wonders! I thought you where a kind man beneath all that festering rage... " She was grinning and took a drink setting it down and got on her knees pokeing him in the chest again. "You need to be like this more often.. I'm liking this soft side to you..." She snuggled up to him again, this time on his lap. After a long moment of silence she murdered into his shirt "you really do smell like a deliciously sexy demon........." She turned crimson to the roots of her hair. "I really need to stop thinking out loud.....I can't believe I just said that.." She squeaked.

Vorgin at first looked at her with a dead serious look, "I wasn't joking... I use Darkness to keep myself clean. Most demons do. It's a simple process but it works wonders. I had no idea is had an attractive smell." He looked away when she called him sexy again, "You must be getting tired..."

There was a blinding flash of light, as the archangels touched down. Raguel, was the leader of the archangels, and the first to step forth. He wore a placid look as always. Followed closely behind him was Raziel, the archangel who worked the closest with the Father, and finally, Michael, Raguel's subordinate. Raguel did not usually leave The Kingdom. It was only ever Michael who dealt with problems like such. "Gabriel," Raguel began in a sonorous voice. "Save it," She growled, keeping herself between them and Raven. "That is no way to-" Michael was cut short as his eyes found Dotzrus. The other male archangels followed his gaze. "Well if it isn't the second abomination of the universe." Chided Raziel, taking Dotzrus in. "Leave him be," Rain said firmly, earning a look of surprise from the trio. "He's under my protection." If the angels hadn't been through thousands of years of training to keep their emotions under lock and key, their jaws would've dropped. Instead, hardly flustered, Michael spoke. "You do realize our orders were to kill him, correct? Or has your absolution become blurred with the humans from dwelling in the mortal realm for so long?" What could only be described as a hiss came from Rain's direction. "Screw your orders." Raguel sighed and shook his head. "You were one of my favorites," he mumbled. "Michael, please place Gabriel in custody. Raziel, retrieve Marchoasis. I'll take care of the traitor."