RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

Vorgin froze at the kiss. Even if it was on the cheek and just for helping, he had never given any sign of appreciation or affect before in his life. Seeing the seriousness in her eyes, his mind tried to fathom what has been going on. She healed him after trying to kill her, given him a better weapon, and now a kiss in thanks. Whether or not Dotzrus was joking or not, Vorgin was not sure what Sarah saw in him, an angry demon who would like nothing more than to murder everyone... Well I guess a few exceptions... "Y-your welcome..." He said quietly as she called her friend. Rubbing at his face were she kissed, he hid back in the shadows until her friend got her.

Sarah's friend drove up and she headed to the car, turning around for a moment. "Remember, morning and evening, if you want to talk..... hope you aren't afraid of little ol me... cause I sure as hell ain't afraid of you. Come see me 'k? Bye.." She waved two fingers in a salute and got in the car. Her friend took her home and helped her get to her apartment, and ready for bed. She even opted to stay the night to take care of Sarah in the morning. Sarah was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Vorgin watched as she drove off. The mixed feelings are at him as he sat downin the alley way. A voice spoke up, it was Dotzrus, "Fun night in the end." Vorgin sighes and looked down, "What makes her different from other mortals?" Dotzrus laughed and sat next to him, "A bond. She helped you and related to you. In that instant you formed a bond. Angels and demons form bonds easily with the right mortals. In that instant, you feel better around her, and you want to protect her. It's something in your blood, but it isn't a bad thing. At least you now have a purpose beyond senseless killing." Vorgin tightened his fists, "And how would you know?!?" Closing his eyes, the hybrid sighed, "Because I had a bond too... But I failed to save her. My purpose is gone, and I have nothing." Vorgin stared at him in shock. He didn't know it, but he felt a bit of guilt. Dotz smirked and looked at the sky, "I've seen what she can do... And that your anger fades around her... Perhaps your purpose is to fulfill your bond. If you don't, well... Let's just say all that anger will turn to sadness. Don't fail your purpose. And if you decide the bond is real and stand by her, your anger might go away like hers did." Vorgin looked down at his hands, "What am I to do?" Dotzrus smiled, "simple, protect her from anyone who harms her or would harm her." Standing up, he handed Vorgin a paper and disappeared. Looking at it, it had an address and a picture of the man who attack Sarah. With a growl, Vorgin walked off.

(Welcome to 8'oclock morning news, last night a house burned down in the city killing a single man who lived in it. Here is his picture. Reports think the cause was the same as the apartment complex that burned down yesterday but we are not sure how exactly. No other casualties to report... We will return after the break...)

Sarah was watching the news and was shocked it was the man from last night. Her friend, Debra was making her breakfast and helped her headache. "I wonder who that man was..." "He attacked me last night.... pity..." "What!? He drugged you? Well that's a bad case of karma...." "You could say that.... say, everything is kinda hazy for me about last night, did I say anything I shouldn't have?" Debra laughed flipping the eggs, the balcony door was open to let in the cool morning air. "Hell yah you did! Kept going on and on about something like...'damnd sexy demon boy' or something like that, must have been a dream about him too, you woke up cursing like a sailor...seemed like a spicy one with the blush you had...." "Shut it! Drop it! Ugh...." She cut off her friend, who just giggled.

Sarah walked out on the balcony, cheeks crimson. "Must have been the drugs still in my system......." "Yeeeaaahhhh........ Must have...."Debra's sarcastic tone drifted out to her making Sarah hide her face until she calmed down fanning it with her hand.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Vorgin sighed as he walked towards the building in which Sarah lived. Wearing normal clothes, wings completely gone, and no noticeable weapons, he made his way up te building trying to think of what to say or do. Wanting to make sure she was okay from last night was his top priority, after that, he was clueless. He finally made it to the door she told him and knocked. Putting his hands in his pockets, he waited.

Debra opened the door and blinked. “Uh...hi…..” She gave him a look and looked toward the balcony trying to keep an eye on Vorgin. “Sarah?....” Sarah came back on in; she had on a tan Zoo keeper T-shirt on and a pair of jeans. “What! Oh... Vorgin come in…”

She waved him inside and shooed her friend to the kitchen to finish breakfast, she turned off the flat screen TV and waved him to a black leather couch, her carpet and furniture was black or a dark cherry red, opposite of what she seemed to be like. The breakfast bar was made out of obsidian, and everything in the kitchen was dark wood or stainless steel. The walls where white, but had photos of mountains and volcanoes and frozen forests and some hot spring, and waterfall pictures framed and placed about the wide room. She sat in a matching black armchair that seemed almost too big for her petite body.

“The girl you saw at the door is my friend Debra; she picked me up last night… I remember bits and pieces but not the whole thing. I’m fine now….Did you sleep well? Want anything to drink? I have water, soda... only coke and mountain dew, beer whisky…. Anything to eat? Breakfast is almost ready….” She gathered up her hair and twisted it in to a bun, the light blue locks almost as long as she was tall.

Vorgin looked around in slight admiration of the nice apartment. Much better than his worn down shack. "I didn't sleep last night. I had... things to do." He nodded to her and sat on the couch that was offered. Looking at Sarah's friend, he then turned back to Sarah, "Uh... I'm not hungry. A soda would work. Anything that's not diet." He looked at the house again, "I wanted to make sure you were fine. Street drugs around here can have nasty affects. I wouldn't end well if whatever he slipped you caused organ failure."

"I'll take the first watch." She studied the scars silently, then turned to look out towards the city. She had the creepy-crawlies of being followed. Other angels should know not to intervene, so it shouldn't be an angel. However, she could tell it was some sort of creature, unnatural to this world. But could it be a demon? Why would it be following them?

Raven sat on the bed, taking one of his hands. "It gets worse every time?" She racked her brain for a comforting answer. "Maybe it's something in the past that's troubling you. Something left unfinished." She thought about his father, and how he'd left before he'd been awaken. I wonder if it's all connected... It wasn't her business, however. She wouldn't pry, and would wait for Malak to elaborate, if he wanted to.

Debra brought the drink and returned to the kitchen. Sarah made a subtle flick of her fingers to the t.v. tilting her head knowingly. "Things to do... hopefully you get some sleep tonight. No... I'm fine, had a killer headache this morning and my tongue felt fuzzy but it went away with Tylenol and water...." Debra brought Sarah her breakfast then left the room eating on the balcony closing the door, instantly the sound of traffic disappeared behind the sound proof door. "We can talk freely now, I saw you took care of that man... Any new burns you want me to look at? How are your wounds from yesterday?"

Madigan was asleep, but Anubis was awake. His eyes scanning the forest and sky for anything. Meela was curled next to Rain, the dog was chasing something in her sleep.

________

Malak took a couple of deep breaths before starting. "I was flying above the sea. The sky was so blue and cloudless, and the sea was smooth as glass and so blue it looked like it was also the sky. Then, lighting strikes my left wing and it's burning, the sky is still cloudless though. I fall into the sea and come back out again, my wing is only bones now, and the sea and sky are dark and boiling like a hurricane. The wind that was once nonexistent now ripped my bone wing off and it feels like razor blades on my skin. The sea goose from black to red like blood, and a wave takes me.... then I'm drowning....."

"My wounds are fine. Only Angelic and Demonic weapons and beings can do damage that stays for a long time. I can't burn except by holy fire. So all that's left are that shapeshifting Angel's bite marks..." He sat back and looked at the door, "I would be safer if that guy didn't exist anymore... Revenge drives even mortals to crazy heights. I prevented that chance."

Wings. Raven couldn't help but shudder. She, for years, endured ridicule for her darkly-hued wings. They called her cursed, a freak, a demon. "But... do you still have your...?" Trailing off, she fidgeted uncomfortably. "Wings?" She finished hoarsely.

"You're so serious." The angel said, unmoving until she'd finished her sentence. Speaking in a low enough voice that she wouldn't wake Madigan or Meela, she continued. "You're allowed to have a little fun every once in a while, you know." She addressed Anubis.

"So you got to him before he got to me again....." She ate a little bit choosing her words carefully before speaking. "I guess my little knife though would hurt like hell if I stabbed down...So in a way I could call you my protector......How about you stop by tonight. We could talk and get to know each other a little better. I have to say, I find you intriguing....I have to go to work now, I'll be home around five....how does that sound?"

Malak stood and his eyes glowed green again, the shadows seemed to darken behind him and solidifying into glossy blue black wings, with hints of purple in them. He opened them a little letting his fingers brush the soft plumage. "Yes, thankfully..... I was worried about that myself...."

Anubis looked at her, his nose and ears moving in the doggy language. If she could understand him, he would have said, I was ordered to guard Master with my life. I almost lost Master on my watch, I will not do it again.

Vorgin looked down in silence at the word "protector". Was Dotzrus right? Was he bonded to protect Sarah now? Was this is purpose now? He didn't know... Looking up at Sarah, he nodded. "Alright. 5 o'clock. Standing up he headed for the door, "...could you do me a favor between now and when we next meet? If you see Dotzrus, tell him that I need to speak with him..."

Sarah opened the door for him nodded. "Alright, I'll see you at five then..take care Vorgin..." She watched him go then are her breakfast and got ready. Her friend drove her to work. Once there she prepared the food for the lions and tigers she cares for. In the pins she plots on a show for the people, running about and playing with the big cats who seem unusually calm around her and enjoy the play.

Sarah should Dotzrus from the pen she is in. He is with a lone Siberian tiger, petting it as it rests its head on his lap. No other humans can see him and only see the tiger sleeping on a rock. "Your a rare breed. Many see your pelt for value, but I see value in your heart. A great predator, with the instinct to feed and create more of your dying breed. I envy you, you have purpose beyond death, in your offspring."

Sarah when over and sat by the purring tiger. "Her name is Tashsa. She is with cubs... Vorgin ask me to tell you he wants to speak to you... but if you have a few spare moments I have a question for you. ...... Vorgin is a demon consumed by rage, but last night I felt safe around him, and I knew.. I knew he would come to my rescue if he saw me there.....would you care to explain to me why I feel this way? I feel no anger or fear, but that doesn't stop the uneasy feeling I get around men.... I don't get that feeling with Vorgin..."

Dotzrus smiled as the tiger purred. "Tashsa... I feel now we made a bond. While simple now, in our hearts a connection has been made. I would not want to see her or her children harmed, and she trusts me, knows I would do everything to keep her safe. You and Vorgin have made a similar bond that humans make with those of the other world. He feels a purpose in the one purpose who made his anger go away. He might not know it yet, but he has made himself part of your life as long as you both live. He will see to your livelihood, while you do as you please. You could ignore him, embrace him, or something inbetween, but unless you actively remove him from the bond, he will always find a way back to you. Who knows, maybe you could actually learn something from him that you never knew about yourself."

((This version of Dotz is the badass with everything wise to say, my normal Dotz is an egotistical dick you talks too much about Chaos and is an OP fighter.))

Sarah thought over his words, but she needed more time. "You should go to Vorgin, he wants to talk to you. No worries, I keep Tashsa safe and well... " She sets the big cats meal in front of her and she eats it hungrily. After their encounter she heads back to the kitchen to prepare a meal for the fruit bats, though she was distracted and lost in thought and nicked her palm. She had it bandaged before heading to the bat cave they had and fed them. Soon it was time to leave and she headed home still mulling over Dotz's words. is that like a soul mate? Did Dotz have a bond as such with a human too? If I die, or ignore Vorgin... would his anger return.... and what did Dotz mean by 'activly remove' Vorgin from the bond? Damned half breed and his cryptic message, I should just call him Gandalf cuz he speaks in riddles...

((Irritation she can feel, pure anger she can't.....Dotz you crazy half breed))

Malak stood and his eyes glowed green again, the shadows seemed to darken behind him and solidifying into glossy blue black wings, with hints of purple in them. He opened them a little letting his fingers brush the soft plumage. "Yes, thankfully..... I was worried about that myself...."

Anubis looked at her, his nose and ears moving in the doggy language. If she could understand him, he would have said, I was ordered to guard Master with my life. I almost lost Master on my watch, I will not do it again.

(( *imitates machine gun* ))

"So perhaps it's more symbolic then?" She thought about how she'd feel if her wings were taken from her. It would be like missing a huge part of herself. "But it's only one?" Raven cocked her head, maybe he was missing an ex-girlfriend? Someone who was his 'other half'? He seemed a bit young though. The glint from his wings caught her eye, and she was momentarily transfixed like a magpie with a metal object. Their beautiful... Her own wings were a solid obsidian, and even in the light, they didn't reflect a purplish hue.

Rain cocked her head. If only Raven would have been here. She surely could decode the strange language of the canine.

((Sorry we tried to keep them long so there wouldn't be as many!.....xd.png))

Malak held out his wing. "You can touch if you want to.... yes, just the left one. I thought it meant that I am missing half of myself...... it scares me though, my wings and my sword are all I have linking me to being an angel.... other then understanding languages of course.."

________

After a while Madigan still slept but Anubis woke up Meela and she trotted about as Anubis slept. She nudged Rain and stretched and mimicked sleeping then nudged her again and sat erect and alert, before giving her a doggie smile again.

Dotzrus gave the tiger a kiss on the head before seemingly vanishing from sight. He reappeared at the meeting place decided by Vorgin.

"I'm meeting with her soon... I'm not sure if this is the right to do."

"It is fate now. Your emotions are strong in more places than rage, you and her are connected."

"...what do I do? Just stalk her all the time and kill anyone who tries and hurt her?"

"A bond with a mortal doesn't mean your a servant to the human. In this case, if she tells you to do or not do something, you should probably listen... so is not a normal girl as we both saw. As for stalking, you will know in your heart if she is danger. If you didn't, you would have thought that man you killed was actually her boy friend and let him kill her."

"...what should I say?"

"Answer any questions she has, ask any you have. No need to run and say, 'We are bonded for live now!'. While this may be true, just... relax and be respectful. You share a bond, and I can tell you now that she is just as nervous as you."

They both departed their own ways, Dotzrus appeared elsewhere up wind of Rain's group. Vorgin made his way to Sarah's home 10 minutes after she got back. He knocked on the door.

(Just so the dogs know, Dotzrus smells like the absence of smell. Ain't that a brain teaser.)

Sarah opened the door and waved him in. "Please sit... ah... first question I'd like to ask...... Do you actually eat.. like steak and stuff?....just wondering because I was making a stake for myself and I have an extra one if you want me to cook it.... " She moves over to the kitchen and got up on a stool to reach the counter. "I sometimes hate being five foot two I feel like a Hobbit..." She grumbled to herself, she reached for a spice on her shelf and stretched her cut palm to far and winced. "Ouch.. blast... damn it Debra, you always put the spices out of my reach.." She still grumbled to herself, something she did quite often really.

Vorgin nodded, "I can eat, though I do not require as much as humans do. Like a snake I really only need to feed once a week. Beyond that, I would eat or drink just for the taste." Seeing her strain herself, Vorgin walked over and easier grabbed the spice from the shelf. "I hope I'm not imposing..." He handed it down to her and returned to his seat without saying much else.

(( It's ok. biggrin.gif ))

Curiosity got the best of her, and she reached out hesitantly, then drew her hand back at the last moment, assuming a more business-like composure. "And you're afraid of loosing that..." It made sense. Mostly. There were still some thing that didn't quite fit together.

The archangel smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine, really. I'm used to little sleep." A shiver ran down her spine, and the smile faded. The uncomfortable sensation of the hair on the back of her neck rising returned. There it is again... She instinctively moved her hand to the hilt of her sword, letting it rest there. In anticipation, it hummed to life, filling the air with a crackle of energy, not unlike before a thunderstorm.

Sarah stared at him and blinked. "Uh.. no.. you're not.. thank you... already then.. how would you like your stake?....Go ahead and ask me questions as I cook, but let me know if I ramble, I've been told I do that often...." when I'm nervous.... or drunk. "Beer is in the freezer, if you'd like one. Only get on if you get me out a bottle too.." She jokes and takes the meat outside on the balcony where a small grill was. She lights it and sets the stakes on, covering it and heads back into the kitchen.

______

Malak remembered he was in the hospital and folded his wings up again. "Yes.... I don't like my dad... but he's still my dad. If I lose the Angel part of me, he might not be around any more because I look to much like my mom... and it hurts him..."

_______

Meela looked confused and Anubis jumped up snarling at Rain. Madigan woke with a groan. "What's the ruckus about?"