RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

Vorgin nodded, "Medium rare." He handed her a beer and got himself one. Watching her cook the steak he sat back, "...what did Dotzrus tell you?"

Dotzrus walked closer to where Rain's group is. "I thought I sensed the presence of others here. An Angel, two hellhounds, and a human demon mix. An interesting combination."

Sarah winced at that question. She felt like she should be honest to him now. Why did he have to start with THAT question? "uh... well he told me about a bond because I asked him why I don't feel uneasy around you and feel safer then I normally do then with men in general.... He said something about Tashsa, and his bond with her.. um the Siberian tiger I care for at work.. something like that...." She peeled potatoes, and nicked her thumb this time from her nervous shaking. She dropped the spud in the sink and sucked her thumb trying to get rid of the sting. "N-next question, please...." She took a swig of her beer trying to calm her nervousness.

__

Anubis quickly rounded on the new guy and Meela still looked confused by the man's lack of sent. Madigan slipped on his eye patch and sat up looking at the guy. "Great.... don't tell me I have to go back down the dang mountain..." he yawned, he had no energy to even curse properly.

Vorgin sighed in relief, "Good, he's telling us the same things... So I guess it's obvious by now then. We share this bond Dotzrus has been telling us. Since your the one who has the choice, are you okay with that?" He gulped at his beer and closed his eyes waiting for her to reply.

Dotzrus smirked and walked closer, "I wasn't planning on having you guys move. I'm just a Wanderer of sorts. No fighting, just looking around, maybe talk if I'm allowed to rest here in the company of others."

((We're machine gunning again.... XP but I have to reply with Sarah!))

Sarah was silent for a long time. She peeled the potatoes, cut them and dropped them in the frying pan before answering, but even then her voice was quite. "Dotz said I could ignore you, embrace you, or actively remove you and our bond. Ignoring is not an option to me..... for ten years I was enraged because everyone ignored my suffering, and I felt like I was so alone it was so painful that all I could do to ignore that heartache was to be so angry and hate everyone....I don't want that for you. You live nearly forever.... I bet it's been a long long time before you met someone who cared. The same goes for cutting you off, that to me is worse..... but.... " She was silent as she went to check the meat. Then came back her back to him.

"The embracing part..I-I ...... my mom died when I was five, dad followed her when I was nine, the only men I ever trusted was torn from me, I went from a large house with butler, a cook, and Gardner all who would play with me and where kind to me. Then in a instant, to men who wanted money and cared nothing for me. I was beaten, abused verbally, given one meal a day, if I was lucky. When I got older, they tried assaulting me... my dad was a detective worthy of the name Sherlock, he wanted a son, but got me, and enrolled me in karate classes and I was a black belt by age nine. They tried, but I killed them and knew how to leave false trails or no evidence.......You're the first man I actually felt convertible around but.... I've been hurt by to many... I don't....... I don't know....if I - if I can...I don't want to be hurt again, have another man leave me.... like my dad.... it would be to much." Sarah sniffed wiping her eyes.

Vorgin was surprised as she cried from her memories. The cold fearless little girl who held a knife to his eye was crying. His heart sunk as he couldn't do anything but feel pity for the first in almost forever. He spoke up, "...You could stop the bond..." Vorgin cringed at the thought. While it might be better for her, he wouldn't know what to do. Would removing the bond be just as bad as failing to uphold it. Would he end up purposeless like Dotzrus... Right now though, he want Sarah to make the choice for herself, "You wouldn't have to worry about me your life could go without a demon."

"You pathetic moron..... I already told you that's not an option for me! I went to long protecting myself, it's nice know someone is finally there to look after me. I just need to think on it okay?" She went out and got both of the stakes in and sets them on the table, along with dishing out the fried potatoes on to the two plates and sitting down to eat. "Now please change the subject to a more lighter conversation... . I'll start; what kind of music do you listen to, if you listen to any that is....?"

Vorgin sighed and stayed silent as she handed out the food. Looking at his plate he slowly ate, no entirely hungry, but after tasting, knew he could pass it up. "Music? Not much of a music person... No music in hell except the screams of the damned... What about you?"

Sarah was a excellent cook, being taught how to make stake by her Cook when younger. She started to giggle. "You'd like what we call rock or screemo then. Hate rap, and country music.... love hard rock, and the classics like Guns and Roses, Poison, Spider Bait and such. Dance music too... whatever I'm in the mood for I guess...hmmm... What kind of demons are there? Is there like a high-ranking demons and lower ones and such like it's mentioned in several stories...?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Vorgin nodded, "Yes, like the Angels, Demons have a hierarchy. While most are categorized by the sin or element they represent, you are born into the rank, very rare is it that a demon gets promoted." He finished his meal quickly and leaned back satisfied. "I was born into a B-Rank family of Fire Demons."

"Cool it, puppy dog. It's not me you should be worried about." She pointed to Dotzrus. "We have company." She rose to her feet, a hungry glint in her eyes. "A wanderer?" She couldn't help but scoff. "Right. This isn't the 1800s you know. And you sure as heck don't look like a hobo." Rain went on the defensive, having been a bit surprised by his appearance. I've heard the rumors, but....

She nodded slowly, taking this in. "But I thought he wasn't around to begin with? The Sisters said you stayed with them?"

((Raven and Rain apparently switched personalities while I wasn't looking. xd.png ))

"So, that's high in rank right? Um.... anything else I should know about demons? I don't know what other questions to ask....." She finished and cleaned up rinsing the dishes before placing them in the dishwasher, taking another drink of her beer, this is the longest conversation she'd had with a guy outside of her work.

_______

Madigan frowned. "You're a half demon but....... " he shot to to his feet. "What are you?..... " He then gave Rain a look at the word hobo. He hated that word, considering he lived like one for several years now.

"He came when I turned twelve and started to develop my abilities, he trained me in sword play and took me on my first flight. But for the most part he stays away, he said it's to keep the demons away. But I know that's a bunch of bull."

Dotzrus opened at his arms to display himself, wings gone. "I'm no one special. You need to not be alarmed of my presence. I simple wander. Nothing more. I would like a place to rest for some time, if I am not welcomed as a guest, I will take my leave..." He leaned against a tree and waited for them to decide.

Vorgin closed his eyes in thought, "The highest Rank is A. Unless your royal blood, then it's S... for Satan. It's a joke in hell. Never found it funny, or anything else in hell." He moved back to the couch, enjoying the comfortable leather.

Sarah took her spot on the chair. "Are there any ice demons? Cuz that'll give a whole new meaning to the saying 'cold day in hell....' ah what am I saying... ice demons would melt there... How tall are you? I could never judge height vary well... and is that your real eye color? " She was rambling, clearly still nervous, but it seemed like she was trying to make him laugh.

Vorgin was obvious of her intention to make him laugh, and took all her questions seriously. "Hell isn't all fire and brimstone. Ever read Dante's Inferno... he isn't far off. That being said there is a Demon for every element but Light." He gave her an odd look at the questions about his body. He responded with a straight face, "This human form is 6 feet tall and brown eyes. My demon form is over 10ft and red eyes."

Sarah almost choked on her beer when he said his demon height. She coughed and sputtered and swallowed before speaking. "Wow......uh.... certainly be able to make the basketball team then....I find Dante's work interesting,.... alright, I got what I wanted, not you can question me... I'll be fully honest with any question you have."

______

Madigan looked at Rain then back at Dotz. "Don't look at me, according to her I'm under her jurisdiction.... you gotta ask her, I'm just trying to get up the mountain." He calmed down Anubis and Meela found Dotz interesting, she was sniffing about his feet tilting her head one way, then the other as if that would help her get a scent off the man.

Vorgin thought about the last time he went into his demon form... he couldn't remember, he never needed it in the Mortal world. Looking at Sarah, he thought to himself. "I know you said a dying angel gave you your powers... could you tell me more about that?"

"Well.... it was four years ago. A guy followed me into the woods and tried to jump me, so I just killed him and hid his body, when I heard a shout and ran towards it. I saw in a clearing a woman with red hair and bat like wings standing over another woman with blonde hair and stark white wings like a dove. The blonde had a sword in her chest. The red head laughed and flew off, I ran to the blonde, but there was a ton of blood and knew she wouldn't make it. She asked me my name, and seemed to look though me, seeing what I had done. She said 'i give you two gifts, one to calm your inner fire, the other to subdue outward fire... use them well.' She grabbed my hand then it grew warm then ice cold, and she was gone." She swirled the bottle around before drinking the rest of it and sighed setting the empty bottle down on the glass coffee table. "Why did you leave Hell?..... ok that one you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

Vorgin shook his head, "It's okay... I was told to leave. Apparently my rage was so bad that they wanted me to focus it on mortals. In hell, most things just reappear when you kill it, I killed so many demons and damned souls, but you can never kill them. They saw my fighting and anger and told me to focus that in the mortal realm. The more I kill, the more damned souls go to hell. I let my anger out, they get souls. Win win they said, I was too enraged to care... mostly I still dont."

(((Ok sorry! Awesome idea popped in my head and I have to write it! xd.png ))

Sarah studied him and stood up suddenly. "Lay down on your belly on the couch. You seem stressed. " She popped her knuckles. "One thing about working at the zoo, you have to keep the animals happy and stress free as possible. I have to give lots of massages to keep them from getting stressed, so why would a person be any different? It might help you relax a little more and be less grumpy.... it wouldn't kill ya to smile a little once in awhile..."

Vorgin shrugged and did as she told him. He never had a massage before but he wasn't against trying. Hearing her again he sighed, "Im not much of a smiler... No reason to since I'm never happy."

"You never know... that might change." She started with his neck, slowly rubbed in circles her hands cooling the skin and loosening the knots, then she moved to his upper back and shoulders adding pressure with the heel of her palm. She moved down each arm and rubbed his hands, which to her was no different then rubbing a tiger's sore paw. On to the lower back, she rubbed this the longest, knowing it must be really sore there. Even after all the knots where worked out, she massages his back and neck even more to get him to relax completely.

Vorgin froze as she started massaging him, but his body visibly relaxed as she pushed against his body. He closed his eyes in relaxation and enjoyment of the massage. "I hope this doesn't make me an animal for liking this..." His eyes shut and body relaxed, when she finishes, she will find him asleep.

Rain was bristling and damn near foaming at the mouth. "How dare you show your face here after what you did!" It took all the strength she had to keep her from flinging herself at him. "We needed you, and you did nothing!" Why they had wanted to employ the angel/ demon hybrid was unbeknownst to her. But she had a feeling it was connected to Raven.

"To keep the demons away..." A child's voice echoed in her head and giggled. "You don't know what you are, do you?" The hospital around her faded, replaced with an expanse of dimly lit nothingness. Except for a little girl with pure white wings. It was like looking at mirror, well, one that showed a younger version anyway. "Well?" The young angel pushed, smiling sweetly. "I'm an archangel."

"No you're not..." She said singsong. The image faded as quickly as it had appeared. "How would you know?" She asked, not skipping a beat.

Dotzrus sighed and closed his eyes, "I didn't know I had admirers... or people who survived the war still in the Mortal realm... regardless, I did nothing to keep balance. Not only would destroying one side of the war mess up the world order, neither side had done anything for me. No, all they did was take. The Angels killed my Father, the Demons killed my mother. And your stupid war killed HER... yeah you needed my help... but help never came when SHE died. I got down on my knees and prayed for her soul to be at peace... you know what happened to her soul?" He looked at Rain with a stare that pierced her, "Your battle literally blew HER soul into NOTHING!"

Sarah was trailing her fingertips along his neck and fingering his hair, it was soft to the touch. She saw he was asleep and went and got a pillow and a blanket, covering him and carefully slipping the pillow under his head. She slipped off his shoes to make him more comfortable, then watched him sleep for a few minutes thinking. What was it about him that made her feel so calm, other then the bond?.....She searched deeper, finding that, he was like her dad. The memory was faded, nearly buried under the pain she had felt for so long, but it was still there; her dad was a grumpy Gus. He rarely smiled, and when he did, it was only the slightest upturn of the left corner of his mouth. She smiled and left him alone to sleep getting ready for bed herself and fell asleep.

______

Madigan looked in between the two, gathered his things and quickly got away from them not wanting to be in the middle of a fight that was more then likely going to happen. He headed farther up the mountain until he reached a cave and hid inside, his loyal dogs following him.

________

Malak scratched his neck. "Cuz I had to fight off several demons to protect the convent..... something wrong doctor? Your eyes seemed unfocused there for a moment...."