RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

((Characters, characters... characters for everyone! Heh heh. New personality, here we come.))

"Hey! Stop!" The brute of a mortal snatched the girl's back pack. "Give that back!" With a futile grunt, she pounded her fists against him. He only laughed, spit sloughing from his mouth. "Aw, poor little girl. Come on, come on! Jump for it. Come on! Who's a good girl?" That, pissed Mackenzie off. She aimed a hard kick to his shin. "You little censorkip.gif !" Tossing the bag aside, her lunged for her, grabbing her by the hair. A string of curses rushed out of her mouth, some in a language that wasn't even human. "Let go of me!" Twisting in the brute's grasp, she sank her fangs into his hand, earning her a nasty jolt. "Ugh..." Spiting the blood from her mouth, she again, lashed out. "I'll teach you!" The man now white-hot furious, slammed her against the wall."

"Ow... censorkip.gif ."

Malak took a step back and spread his dark wings. "I wanted to know a bit more about the angels, my dad isn't around much to ask him....but now I have new questions about raven... a guy said something about a council.....wait her feather protects me?" He fingers the feather in his fingers.

______

Madigan looked at Rain. "The clothes I gave you would keep you warmer then that."

Meela nosed Rain's hand trying to calm her down.

_________

Sarah woke in the middle of the night wide eyed and panicked. The nightmare still playing in her mind , her sheets in a tangle around her and soaked in cold sweat. She dug her palm heel in to her eyes, before getting up and tip toeing towards Vorgin's room to see if he was still there and alright. She didn't work because the zoo was closed for the animals twice monthly check up. She tapped open the door to see if Vorgin was still alive, the dream still ate at her and scared her.

Vorgin sat on his bed shirtless looking out the window at the storm. His wings drooped on the bed as he blankly looked outside. The wind blew strong as rain poured down. Thunder could be heard in the distance as an occasional flash of lightning lit up his face.

Edited by Dotzrus

((Dotzrus. smile.gif ))

"That all depends on the questions you ask." Rain gave a sidelong glance at Madigan. "I would prefer to not change in front of you. Or with your presence around. Nothing personal." Facing Malak, she sighed. "Yes, the feather you hold offers you protection. It wards off lower ranking demons, and masks you from higher demons' senses. It also provides accelerated healing and a bunch of other stuff."

Madigan shrugged. " no offence taken. Wouldn't either around a strange guy, but you could still slip it over your jumpsuit. "

____

"A guy told me a.little about raven ... she helped me yesterday when I was in a car wreck ... do.. angles take kindly to my kind? That's what I want to know ..."

--------

Sarah sighed in relief. "Thank goodness you're ok... can't sleep either? I had a doozie of a nightmare ... no wonder.... I never liked thunder storms .." she jumped and yelps when thunder shook the apartment. She studies him...... he was... she blushed and jumped again as thunder rolled once more.

Vorgin kept his eyes on the outside, "You should get some sleep... I never sleep during storms, you never know what's going on, who's doing what under the noise, or who might be causing the storm." He sighed and closed his eyes deep in thought, not noticing anything Sarah does.

Dotzrus eyes flashed open at the sound of the conflict. While he could care less for mortals fighting, the woman's choice of words caught his ear, nothing a human spoke. Making his way to the spot, he held his sword to the mans neck, "People have been know to die in rain storms... Best that you head home..."

Edited by Dotzrus

BOOOOOMM! Sarah dove under his wing shivering and whimpering. She curled up beside him. "****..... stop it stop it.... go away go away.. rain rain go away come again another day ..." she chants lightly tugging his wing over her so she was covered by it. "First a ****ing nightmare now this! No more storms.... go away ......" she was trembling so hard the bed shook and her teeth chattered.

Vorgin smirked as he put his arm around her. "What happened to the fearless girl who wasn't scared of death or demons? I think we are learning too much about each other." He patted her on the back. "You gonna be okay?"

"Death and demons don't scare me, but I never liked thunder storms..... what is wrong getting to know each other a little more? You are going to be living with me... I should know a bit about you..." thunder rolled once more and she curled into his side shaking. "My nightmare was in a storm. You where fighting two angels, and a third came up and stabbed you in the back, while another tore your beautiful wings....." She felt the rough leather once more. "You lay in the forest, and I was trying to drag you out of the storm, lighting struck a tree and soon the forest was on fire.... it was awful!"

Vorgin looked out again and sighed, "I hope every nightmare doesn't end in a different way for me dying... because then we might have some issues..." He leaned into her, keeping them close with his wings. Thinking back he spoke up, "I don't dream much... but I had a nightmare once... that everyone in the world had no emotions at all. It made me so mad, no one cried or ran in fear, no one showed happiness or joy. Just blank faces. I went into a rage murdering everyone, but even being torn apart or burning, that cold blank stare remained on their face..."

"So that's why you closed your eyes, because I showed no fear.... no emotion to death.... " She crawled into his lap and folds his arms around her hunkering down when the thunder rolls. When it was quite she traced the muscles on his chest lightly, then doing random patterns over his skin with a finger tip. "You're so strong.... yet so calm and gentle with me..... " She yawned and tucked her head under his chin continuing drawing the invisible lines on him.

Vorgin sighed and laid back on the bed, pulling her with him so they were in the same spot but lying on their sides on the bed. He looked over her still eyes locked on the window, though the rest of his attention was on her, "...I don't think it's even possible for me to hurt you at this point... I couldn't try. But... this body is just a shell. Half demons can call their human bodies real bodies... full demons like me have to create these hollow flesh suits to hid our true form... some demons who come to mortal realm live their entire life without taking them off, calling it their true form... but we can never have a real body like this. Our real forms are stronger but darker... not really as handsome as your call me now..."

"If I had done that, then the clothes would've been wet." Which reminded her of something. Extending her storm-grey wings, she shook them out and then left them partial extended to let them dry out. Now wait your turn again." Sighing exasperatedly, she nodded slowly. "Yes, Raven is a resident at one of the local hospitals. So that makes sense that'd you know her, but not what she is. You're a Nephilim, though? No, the majority sees you as mutts, and would kill you. Fallen Angels are scum. They then of course, woo human females, or, the other way around, and produce your kind. You're tainted." She looked him over again. "You're more human than angel though. Your mother was human? Children tend to take on the characteristics of the mother... Either Raven did not know what you were, or she obliged to her Oath before her orders, and therefore saved you."

The grimy man hadn't been expecting a sword to the throat. Immediately, he released his grip, and stumbled away. Now in a sour mood, her clothes soaked, and her bag ruined she swore up a storm and threw the bag against the wall. There was a crack, and a few crashes as the items shattered within the bag. " censorkip.gif wonderful." Fixing her ruffled clothing, she exhaled angrily, not giving notice to Dotzrus until she turned and ran into him. "Oh. Thanks." Pulling the sodden coat around her tightly, she moved to pass by him, the metal cuffs on her wrist growing searingly hot. The shadows around them seem to creep forward, until a silent flash of lightning momentarily whitened everything out around them, and was followed by a deep boom of thunder, chased them back.

((I think the fact my younger siblings were annoying the hell out of me made Mackenzie's part so angry. xd.png ))

Dotzrus looked her as he sheathed his sword, "That's a fancy choice of words you used there... Certainly not human in origin... Care to share? It would repay for my saving you." He found some cover from the rain and motioned her to join him.

"I didn't ask you to save me. You did it on your own. I don't owe you censorkip.gif . But I'll humor you, I guess." She didn't want to walk home now, shaken up by just how mortal she'd become, and how close she had been to... Mackenzie shuddered involuntarily. Following him to the cover from the rain, she mentally hissed at the cuffs. They had began to cool now, but still did not feel pleasant. "What is you wanna know?" The demon asked, rubbing her wrists.

Dotzrus shrugged at the insult, "What are those cuffs, and what are you? You don't seem human to me. Not entirely." He leaned against the wall and shook some water from his hair.

He'd seen the cuffs? She swore under her breath. "They are enchanted with some angel voodoo that makes me basically mortal. Any time I try to use my powers, I earn a variety of nasty negative reinforcements." The demon picked up on the second part of his comment. "Hey, I'm not one of those Fleshies that walks around yapping away on their portable phones. I'm a demon. Get it right." Snorting indignantly, she crossed her arms. "What about you? Why are you prowling the allies in a thunderstorm? You don't strike me as the Dark Knight type."

Malak looked sick and was looking at the fire. Was that why his dad didn't want to be around him, because he was a half breed? "She knew, my dad healed me not her... my mom was human... so I was told. She died giving birth to me. I knew she was a Angel....." he frowned. "Lucifer is a archangel who fell because of his jealousy of the relationship the heavenly Father had with Adam and Eve, this hatred is what made him go dark and caused Adam and his wife to fall by eating of the Tree of Knowledge, so why would she be considered half demon? Is it because she has both light and dark in her? And if you're an Angel why don't you kill me?"

_____

Madigan remained silent, hand on his scythe glaring at the half-Angel. Apparently whatever the hell he is was considered the same as being a half demon. Although he felt no sympathy towards this guy.

_______

Sarah smiled softly and trailed a finger down his nose. "You never know, I might not be afraid of you... the more I know about you, the more I want to help you...." She sat up and lightly kissed the tip of his nose. "That was part of our deal, I never said that I was kidding about you giving me a kiss." She snuggled down and sighed flinching when thunder rolled but was slowly falling asleep snuggled against him.

Dotzrus grumbled, "I 'prowl' because I have no where to go. If you were human, I would not have intervened, but the fact you speak demon caught my interest. I am a hybrid... so I go either way. I'm curious why angels would shackle you and not kill you right away..."

Blushing from the peck on his nose, he turned away not sure why she got so affectionate. In an embrace, Vorgin's gaze went over to Sarah as she fell asleep. Once he felt her breathing slow to sleep, he thought about if it was a bad idea to get too attached, but she was the only thing that made him happy. Shrugging it off for now, he kissed her cheek and fell asleep holding her close.

"How did you know she was half demon?" Apparently, they hadn't of done their job good enough. "Never mind. It' not important. Lucifer is a Fallen, but, he gave way to demons, given his powers. Now, he himself, over time, as abandoned anything that once made him an archangel. He draws powers from the Dark forces. Fear, Anger, Hate... and this has transformed him from angel, to demon. So you're right, but there's just a little more after it. That'd make Raven, one of the most powerful beings, having the combination of not only drawing her poewrs from the Dark, but Light as well. Yet, she's labeled as an angel, as her mother was one, and it was strong enough to suppress the demon half of her, for a time." The fallen Arch looked up to Malak. "On normal circumstances, I wouldn't have told you. But this, is dire."

"Ah, Marchoasis. So nice of your other half to awaken. I was certain the angels' tricks and spells wouldn't work for long. You see, humans are returning to their old ways, my daughter. They have began to destroy themselves already, without our help. The anger, the hate, it's building. And your demon side, courtesy of your's truly, has been feeding off of it. The scales are tipping in our favor, Marchoasis. Soon, it will be your, our, time to strike. Here, you lie weakened now. Open up the door to your other half, and you can free yourself. These puny bonds only weigh down the angel side of you. Not the demon. You're stronger than you think, my dear child. You are my daughter. My heir. My successor. Go forth, and take what is yours. Strike down the angels that stole you from me, kept you like a pet. You, can rule the world."

"Uh-huh. Stalking is in your list of unfavorable traits, along with selective saving. Got it." Rolling her eyes Mackenzie put her back to the wall, watching the rain as it fell underneath the street lights. "Oh, I see," she said, turning to look at him. "You're a half-breed. That explains your scent. I thought maybe you'd just been canoodling with an angel." The demon smirked. "Oh, about that. Yeah, see, there are the angels that are all bad ass and stuff and do nothing that's unholy. The poster children. And then, there's the war prison guards, who might as well have been Fallen, considering some of the censorkip.gif they did. Anyways, they liked me. A lot. Something about my humor, and... other... things. So, they barked up the chain of command, kissed some butts, and got me these." Pulling the sleeves down, she revealed the metal cuffs that encircled her wrists. "Being a favorite, I had some more liberties than others, and I played my cards until I got the opening I needed, and then I split."

"Someone told me she was a half demon... 'with a lot of strings attached' was how he put it, he seemed to know quite a bit about you and raven saying you two are quite close.... and he seemed to like himself talk. He didn't say who he was, but he had a long coat with something strapped to his back. I may not be that strong, but I'll help when I can.... "

____

Madigan laughed. "Just cuz you're a half Angel doesn't mean you can get all ****ing saintly and be the knight in shining armor rescuing the damsel in distress.... "

"Oh so you supposed you can do better then me?"

"**** ya, but I'm not going to be getting in the middle of this, I want to live in peace and away from people who always try to kill me all the damned ****ing time! Why the hell should I get involved it ain't my fight! Why should I give a damn about anybody when nobody gave me a damn when I needed it! Nobody helped me so I ain't helping nobody! I ain't doing a ****ing damned thing!" and with that Madigan flopped down with his back to the nelphilim, fire licking at his hair.

________

Sarah woke up that morning yawning and stretching. "Good morning Vorgin....get any sleep last night?" Her eyes still closed and she snuggled closer to him enjoying the heat, she always seemed to be cold.... probably because of the ice powers she had.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Rain's eyes sparked with interest. "Sounds like Zeke if I ever heard so." She smiled, and was about to thank Malak, but Madigan had piped up. "He's offering to do a hell of a lot more than you right now, so back the censorkip.gif off his case." Despite the blazing fire within the cave, the air grew cold. She smiled weakly at Malak. "Thank you, for your offer, but I don't want to risk you getting hurt. I will go on my own." Glancing at Madigan, her brow knitted together. "Quit pouting. You're going to mess up your hair." The chill had left the cave, but it lingered in the outskirts, waiting. Fear.

Dotzrus examined the cuffs and then looked back up to her, "So you just go around and do as you please now. Live the human life without a care in the world?"

Vorgin pulled her closer without a word. His wings wrapped them together almost like a cocoon. Looking back down into her eyes, he spoke up, "Be honest with me... do you love me?"

((Short I know, but it's a hard bullet to dodge.))

Madigan growls and pulled out a pair of needles and a ball of red yellow yarn starting to knit, he was quick, and got several rows done within a few short minutes. He seemed to calm down a bit. "From the damage I saw, you have a hellofa death wish woman...." He muttered. "But like yah, would listen to me.. oh no.. 'cording to you I'm just a demon who can't hold a promise. I could've left you out in the cold.. but I promised my papa I'd be nice to women...... and that means not leaving them in the rain..."

____

Malak gave the half demon a odd look when he started to knit, but didn't make a comment on it. "Still, if you need anything, I can sword fight and understand languages and animals.... if you need my help go to the convent, the Sisters would tell you where to find me." He flew off after that heading home.

_______

Sarah looked deep into his eyes. "Debra told me to shut off my brain, and listen to my heart. My nightmare, in it I was afraid, fear is something I haven't felt after I got my abilities, but I was afraid I might loose you like i did my father..... I will fight to protect you, even if I am only a mere mortal.... I will find a way to protect you..... ............. I think..... I feel...... the answer to that would be................." She ran her fingers through his hair before pressing her face into his chest speaking softly. "Yes..... I-I do.. I want you to stay with me to be with me....don't ever leave me! But.... above it all... I want you to feel the same way, to know what it is like." She tangled her fingers in his hair. "I want you to love me back...."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf