Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

"He said 'Not every father is kind to his son.' The few times he saw you, 'a result of protection lacking' is what you called him, apparently. He was the result of you wanting some fun and finding a random girl to seduce, according to him. That's almost word-for-word. I promise." I shifted uneasily, afraid that Esko would kill me for this. I didn't even know why, but he just made me nervous beyond belief.

((xd.png Shhhh Alex! No spoilers! I can tell the suspense was killing you though.))

Blade

I was still confused, but my anger overrode it. I sunk my claws in the sand, averting my gaze when Tulvir, who had simply ducked my strike, was instantly plucked off by Yopple.

This was just all too baffling...

Yopple apologized for Tulvir's behavior, now elaborating that he was a lunatic. Esko was shocked at it... maybe a little too shocked. He argued with Tulvir a bit, before looking at me. " Alex, Blade, what did he tell you about me? I don't even know this kid."

" I don't even know you." I said, colder than I intended. Alex answered him as well, but was still shifting nervously. He obviously wasn't up for a fight of any kind. My tail twitched. Alex was a friend. Yopple was a friend. They both helped me fight the Red Dragon and retrieve my egg, which was still lying unaccounted for at my paws. I just met Tulvir, and all I had backing up Esko was what both of my friends told me... Ugh, it's too much!! I missed being an ignorant apprentice already! Who's the good guy here?

I got into "analysis paralysis", which my commander told me to never do, where I spend hours analyzing something and trying to make sense of it, even over-complicating things to ridiculous levels. I kept staring at Esko, switching between him and Tulvir and attempting to organize this information in a way that made sense, but all I did was sit down and sweep my tail over my paws, sheltering my egg. I searched for anything familiar in their faces... anything.

I briefly remembered about the presence of the other two dragons, glancing at them. I can't imagine the white feathery dragon or his Thunder ally knew any of these dragons-probably just passerby who happened to aggravate the wrong person-or dragon, I guess. I spotted a silvery dragon with a long pink mane((correct me if I'm wrong)) to the side of them, looking like she was up for a fight, while at the same time tending to the two dragons. They were having a hushed conversation between them. Maybe she knew him?

Would it be wise to drag them into this? I wondered. I'm not sure who to believe anymore. Esko and Yopple? Tulvir and L? Or perhaps Alex is hiding something I don't know? I glanced at the pudgy Moonstone. He didn't look like the type to keep secrets... Or maybe... It never occurred to me that it was all the truth, but not all of it was spilled?

Still not quite answering Esko's question, while at the same time knowing I had an audience, I simply asked: " Presume he is your son. Who do you know that might cause such a thing? Who, at the same time, would never tell you of that fate? Think of anyone, even someone far to unlikely to even make sense."

Edited by skwerl56767

((Thing is, Pyro's spells are all stuff like "Light Area Up,“Sweep Debris Away," "Draw From Aquafier," "Point North,“ and other travel-utility spells like that. Mind, with a bit of creativity you can still hurt something using them, but there's a reason she's typically accompanied by a few dragons when traveling.))

Pyro

I barely managed to dodge the beam, but the graze made me screech in pain. Seriously?! I've been burned by unruly Falconiforms, especially since I have an freaking army of them, and none of that blue flame was as painful as that... Beam. I have to take this one out quickly. He was blinded by the light spell for now, so me moving somewhere else was probably advisable after the screech.

I turned back to see that... A bunch of other dragons were here and, the wyvern stopped attacking had a scythe pressed to his throat. At this, I mentally sighed, mostly in relief, before racing... Crashing to my poor puppies.

"Down, Empyreal," I ordered. At least when I'm not running I can still stand on two legs. "You're too drained. I don't want you turning into a rock or something, remember Snow? Yeah."

"Who are you?" Empyreal obviously was not going to just be nice and lay down. Well, Basii looked suspicious as well, but now that I think about it, I'm a keeper-turned-pretty-much-unrecognizable-silver-dragon, so I'm not blaming them for their hostiliy. Well, as much hostility as a Thunder and a White can muster together, which is really quite a bit for the former, really. The latter was probably preparing some kind of silvery tongued praise to woo me.

"That isn't important, Archie. Now, lay down like a good dragon so Basii can heal you," I said that in a more soothing tone, the type I reserve for situations like this or with timid hatchlings. She recoiled at her nickname, as I know she lets very few use it and even less know it. She still didn't budge, though. Tsk, that stubborn, coffee-loving thunder.

"Fair silver, are you, by chance.... Pyro?" Basii was eyeing my bag. He knew that bag, all my dragons did. You really had to look to find another one with the embroidered purple easterns on it that was inlaid with so much protective magic that a Cassere had to actually touch it to null all the magic on it.

"Well, did my voice not give me away? Now, Archie, I'm only going to tell you one more time: Lay down."

This time she listened.

Mira

I watched the tsunami from my perch on the cliffs, ready to take off at any notice to quickly restain her, or to kill her if necessary. Pyro, you lackwit, going off like that and leaving these dragons with us, your haven't known them for even a week, and you trust them to not slit our throats first oppertunity?

My gaze passed around the coast, from shining sea, glowing sand, and shadowed cliffs to the tiny village below. The village and all its inhabitants were really waking up, not counting the stupor they were waking from in the early morning, with only the occasional onlooker surprised to see a volcano dragon near the coast. Ships set sail, seagulls flew from their perched in hopes of an easy meal, and my eyes went back to the odd tsunami, while my mind went back to Pyro's sudden seriousness. Was that really the same keeper who can stumble into the quicksand she just got out of?

((Wow. I dunno how to answer the question below very well xd.png ))

"Presume he is your son. Who do you know that might cause such a thing? Who, at the same time, would never tell you of that fate? Think of anyone, even someone far to unlikely to even make sense."

"Anyone...hmmm....I have no idea. I am telling you, even if I had a child, I would treat them with care and not throw them out like a heartless monster. Look at Furisa.

Who would tell me of my fate? Unless they were a fortune teller or something, nobody would. Nobody told me that I would turn into a dragon." I looked at Blade. "Ah, this child is trying to shine a bad light on me. I don't know him. I don't like to when people try to beat me down out of jealousy and spite at my fame. Is that it, young one?" I said, with my caring voice.

"Yeah right, you jack *ss, quit bullsh*ting these guys." Tulvir growled at that. "I am not even a tamer. Not like I need your sorry *ss fame anyway. I don't want to be like you, father." He spat out the word father like it had a bad taste.

"I am telling you, I am childless. Blade, Alex, you must believe me. I am innocent." I said, looking at them with big eyes.

"And I have proof. Living with him your whole life makes a difference, you know." Yopple stepped up.

Tulvir started to lose hope.

"I may not have known Esko as long as Yopple, but if you think I'll believe you, Tulvir, you are very wrong. He has been nothing but nice to me this whole time that I have known him, and you are a total stranger. I have no reason to believe you, and every reason to believe Esko. Plus, he is right about Furisa. Look at her. She loves and adores Esko with all her heart. You might believe that you are telling the truth, but in reality, you have no evidence to support your statement. For all we know, you are using illusory magic to make it SEEM like you are Esko's son. Beat that proof."

Tulvir

"Well that is his nice pants act! How do you think I was conceived?! He used his nice act to make mother THINK he was a dream, then guess what?" Tulvir glared at Alex. "Oh, if you learned-"

"ENOUGH! Sir has nothing against him. You shall leave." Yopple shoved Tulvir away.

"No...no...I NEED ANSWERS!" Tulvir panted, but his cause was already lost.

Me

I looked at them. "Oh thank you, Alex, I was sure he would kill me." I bowed. "I am sorry, child. I cannot help you find your father." I shook my head, looking genuine. This was so FUN! Every time that mistake tried to rise up, I smashed him down! Even as a clumsy dragon, I was higher in power! This was like a game. A game I always loved to play. And a game I always won.

"Okay, Alex, Blade, and Yopple. We should probably go now. You three," I turned to the Silver, White and Thunder. "It was a pleasure meeting you! I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot."

When nobody saw me, I looked at Tulvir. I had a wicked smile, and my eyes flashed. My face basically said, "I won again, kid." Then I looked at Akex with a kind face. "So, where do we go next?"

"I suppose we go back to the alpine Weyr and find Omen and the others," I said. "Oh, Blade. You dropped the egg. Make sure you don't forget it, right?"

((Um, magic near a Cassere..?))

I overheard the last snatch of conversation just as I looked up from making sure Basii healed Empyreal.

"Before any of you go anywhere, hear me out on something, please," I called. "I'm looking for people that have been turned into dragons. If you meet one, please tell them the Magus Pyro is looking for them, as I myself have been turned against my will but may be able to sort things out with a Guardian of Nature."

The wolf-eared, dejected looking person was who I turned to next. "Would you like to travel with me to the coast for a few days? You look awfully morose."

Edited by beiningtian

((Ninja'd. I'll fill this up in a bit.))

((Ninja'd again. xd.png This is what I get for making long posts. So, this post technically should go after Esko's.))

Tulvir lost. The odds were against him. Our next destination was the Alpine Weyr, apparently... but as I dragged my paws after Esko and Alex, something... just didn't feel right. But why? It's not like I knew Tulvir very well. It's not like I shared a bond with him or anything.

But then again... I wasn't immensely attached to the others either.

I began to get a dark feeling in my heart. I watched as the silver dragon, who had finished tending to the white and the Thunder, offered to let Tulvir travel with her to the coast. Yopple, Alex, and Esko decided to continue on to the Alpine, despite the silver's implied claims that they should follow her(presuming she is this Magus Pyro...). I simply sat there, watching both sides part ways. Where should I go? Who should I follow? I've always had a mentor, or a friend, or a commander to follow!

It's not like I could go back to Cudahsai either. Especially not with Luswold wandering about as a dejected Cheese Dragon-no, the mere fact that more than one dragon was in the city, mere days of each other, would be too much for the townspeople.

Then I remembered those awesome peaks in the distance, that I would stare at from my post on the barracks. Perhaps... having all of these dragons around, was just too much for my mind. Maybe I just needed to be alone for a little while. If I took a break from my post back on the battlements(usually pushing some other apprentice into my place), I always felt tons better.

I partly felt awful for abandoning either side, but right now, my torn conscience mostly considered Alex as my only friend. He was jolly at least, and not half as confusing as the rest. The Alpine Weyr sounded mountainous, but the ranges I'd stare at would continue on forever. It certainly wasn't impossible for me to find some peace and quiet.

I chose my path, before I would sit there any longer, changing my mind over and over. I carefully picked up my egg, and took to the air, following Esko and the others at a great distance and using Alex's glowing tail-orb as guidance. As soon as those ranges were in sight, I could leave. And the moments between then and now should give me some time to think about my decision.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Yopple is also half Magi. He has control over his abilities. Plus, logic))

Yopple

"They all have. The Wyvern, the Moonstone, the Guardian, and apparently you. But, so be it. Come on, you heard Alex. Let's move!" Yopple took flight, then I did.

Me

As I started flying, I looked at Tulvir. He looked so lost and sad, it was lovely to watch. "C'mon, you two! We need to see Omen again!"

Tulvir

Tulvir looked at the silver. "Me? Travel with you? Sure. After all, the whole point of me being in the desert is ruined." The kid looked at L. "C'mon, L. We are going to the coast." The little ghost looked up. "Sure. As long as I am away from that Guardian. Jeez."

Pyro

I waved as they flew off in the direction of the pale wisteria alpine. So they were transformed like I was? Oh, good, they would know where to go if they wanted to transform back or something, or if they met someone else who wanted to as well.

"Why did you not tell them the location of your keep?" Basii asked. I didn't notice him coming up behind me, and was about to scold him for leave Empyreal if not for noticing her standing behind him, trembling slightly in fatigue, but otherwise fine as can be.

"Huh?"

"You comitted to ensuring that you were practically never heard of, so how would they find you if they agreed to your offer?" Basii looked at me with a slightly annoyed expression as I remembered, right, I didn't tell them anything except the thing about turning and stuff. Oops.

"Forgive our keeper for her odd mannerisms, stranger," Basii said this to the strange wolf-boy and his ghost. "She is oft in her own mind and need us to keep her grounded."

Speaking of the ghost, I made a mental note to myself to ask if it had lived in that Haunted House before following wolf-boy here.

"Alright, we should get going," I said, ignoring Basii's words. "To an oasis if nothing else, I really don't like traveling this place during the day. Also, what's your name? I'm Pyro, the Thunder is Empyreal, and the White is Basii."

Habitually, I dusted sand from my skin... Er, scales, and hair, then looked around. "Basii, Empyreal, where's the nearest oasis?"

"Pyro, this may not be the best of times to annonce this, but Shining Waves has gone missing," Empyreal suddenly said, eyes showing concern and worry. "He has been for three scales and then some now, now my egg..."

Tulvir

Tulvir looked at Pyro. "Hello, Pyro, Basii and Empyreal. My name is Tulvir, and this little soul here is L."

"Yes, I am called that." L and Tulvir looked as the Thunder, Empyreal, had said something about a missing egg. "Well, AWESOME time to announce that!" L said. Tulvir smacked him.

"Owie! What?"

"Look, don't get on the bad side of these dragons. If we do, we will be left to die. We can help find your egg." Tulvir offered. "After all, I have nothing better to do."

((Hey, I added something in to my intro post! On page 2, feel free to take a lookie!))

((I missed my chance. Just get Pyro to the coast, we'll meet you there for the moment of truth. Esko, remember me?))

???

"Esko, there's no reason to lie," I called icily. I sat on a rock, my curly hair blowing in the breeze. Deki was close at hand. "If you can't take the truth you should of never made that the truth in the first place." I jumped off. The girl and her Magi were finally here.

"It's me..." My lips curled into a smile.

((AHAHAHAHA I'M SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST does anyone get my reference?))

((Wait, hold on. Is Esko being actively talked to, or is this person calling, but isn't there? I am confused,))

((Oh s censorkip.gif indeed.))

Me

As I was flying, I heard a voice in my head. I looked down to see...a GIRL AND HER MAGI ON THE GROUND OH censorkip.gif !!! I looked down. Time to get ALEX on my side even more.

"ALEX! THE GIRL AND HER MAGI ARE THERE! WE CAN GET ANSWERS!" I pointed out the duo on the ground.

I looked up. "Esko, dearie, you know better than to ask for my help after what you did. And I'm sorry, almost all of you have proven yourselves, but this dirty liar just chased away your only chance at changing back. Tulvir's far gone now." I smiled. "And don't try to call him back. After all of you sided with this jerk, he's most likely to ignore you."

((Heads up all, Deki is under my control even here. ))

When Esko freaked out, I followed his gaze to the blatantly obvious Magi and girl down on the ground. I swooped down and landed in front of them, and the first thing I did? Thanked them. "You made my wish come true! I always wanted to be a dragon since I was a kid, and now I am! Thank you. Though, not many of the others will agree with me."

---(Deki)---

When the Moonstone landed in front of me, I braced for confrontation. When the opposite happened, I was quite dumbfounded. Nervous he was getting us to let his guard down, I started gobbling up mana shards. I told him, "It was not a problem. We only needed to perfect our spell, so we needed some lab rats. Esko, well, he was a special case. I think Harley is more likely to explain it better."

Me

"Jerk? What are you talking about? YOU are the jerk for turning us all into dragons! We liked our human lives!" I flared my wings. I saw that magi. The somewhat chubby magi. "I don't know who the hell you are or why you do this." I was worried now. She was the only other one who could try.

Like Tulvir, she was a stranger.

"She is only a stranger! Why believe her?" I looked at ALEX and Blade. "Why would you believe the ones who got you into this mess?"

((I am not too sure if I want Alex and Blade to find out just yet.

However I want the girl and Tulvir to see each other again))

---(Deki)---

Well. Someone's a bit flustered. Why don't you just calm down. I cast a weak sedating spell on Esko so he couldn't get angry enough to access any crazy powers, and started munching on some Death shards, a habit I had made back as a hatchling.

---(Me)---

When the Magi dragon made Esko sleepy, I was kind of glad because then I wouldn't get hurt if he raged and started attacking them. I noted that the Magi was eating Death mana shards like they were candy.

Tulvir stopped. "Hold on. Stay here. I need to see what the hell is going on." Tulvir saw the dragons land...and an orange splotch in the distance. Wait a second...a rather large Orange splotch. Tulvir started running towards the area. When he got near, he hid behind a sand dune. Was that...

Oh sh*t.

It was her.

And him.

People of his past gathered here right now.

Sh*t was about to go down

Me

My powers didn't work?! No no no! Great....my beams didn't work. I didn't feel angry enough to go bat poo crazy.