Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

---(Me)---

I glanced off to the side and saw Tulvir poking his head out over the top of a dune. I pointed him out to the Magi dragon to see what reaction I could get

---(Deki)---

When the Moonstone told me Tulvir was behind a dune, I couldn't not look. And he was right. I recognized that mask. I pointed him out to Harley.

((Alexander, do you even grammar, man?)) huh.gif

"I don't care right now. Let him watch all he likes."

((Oneliner ftw again!))

---(Deki)---

At this point, the Death shards were being eaten merely from muscle memory.

((MOAR one-liners))

Me

"First friend? What? The hell? Deki's human life? Who's Deki? Tulvir...that kid who said he was my son? No way. The ears are a coincidence. I dot even have mine. To you!" I started to fall into rage. "YOU RUINED MY LIFE DAMMIT YOU SHALL PAY FOR SUCH CRIMES!! After all, you did cause the most powerful Mage and Tamer to dissapear?" I wondered what that would do. After all, k was know all around Galsriem, so I have the law on my side. There was no way I was loosing this battle. No way.

Tulvir

"H-Harley? D-Deki?" Tulvir walked out and faced the two. After quite a bit of years, the three were together again. Tulvir shifted. She was in front of him. So is Deki.

---(Deki)---

"Hello wimp. Then again, I am used to this body. I suppose it isn't too big a deal that you failed to change me back to human. I forgive you. Yeah, humans dont enjoy Death mana." I waved a shard in front of his face, then ate it in one bite.

Tulvir

Tulvir flinched at the word wimp "That censorkip.gif*** took my energy before I could, remeber? And the explosion he set off?" Tulvir tried to keep his cool. If he lost it, then hell would break loose. Obviously his father would deny.

Me

"Me? censorkip.gif***? No! Alex, Blade, can you believe these fools?" I looked at them. My reputation wasn't done yet, no.

((Seriously, First friend? Who is that?))

Tulvir

"I had healed Harley here, and just when I was about to heal Deki too when small explosions popped up, surrounding me in a ring of smoke. Then I felt it..." Tulvir paused. "The power drain. Not only that, but my limit lower. That man is responsible!" Tulvir glared at me. I shook my head. "Child, you must be mistaken. I wasn't in those parts when that happened, right?"

"LIAR!"

--(Deki)--

"Listen. I don't care about my humanity anymore. It's ok. I can get fat from eating death shards all day now."

--(Alex)--

My mind was too busy processing the stuff happening for me to do anything but think.

((Wowzers this rp went from me being the helpful strategist who was kind and helpful to being in trouble. My character will be the main antagonist if Alex and Blade believe these guys.))

Me

"Look, even if I were like that in the past, I would be different now. If I were like that, Furisa would be stranded. Heck, I would abuse her. And I don't. That orange balloon almost killed her!" I said, pointing at the magi for the last part. "Would you believe people who almost killed a hatchling?" I turned to Alex and Blade. "It is up to you. Believe somebody you have known longer or believe someone who you just met? You didn't believe him before, why belive them now?" Now things weren't fun. I was being truthful about two things. One, I am a different man. Sorta. I mean, nothing changes that Tulvir was a mistake, but still. Two, Furisa was almost ruthlessly killed. I just wanted this to be over. "Alex, Blade, we best be headed back to the Alpine Wyer now."

--(Alex--

"I have no true reason to believe Tulvir, but something about what you called that Magi dragon is very odd. An orange Balloon? Pfft. He's like me, constantly eating candy or chocolate, depending on who it is you're talking about. I like his attitude, and I really did appreciate the transformation. I'm really torn here. Esko is an old friend, but I just get these... Vibes. Maybe I'm getting used to being a Moonstone dragon. They do have Magi magical affinity... Maybe some passive ability is being brought to my attention. Hmm..." I closed my eyes in thought, and suddenly I realized that I could still see! But it was coloured auras, ghosts of everyone around me, which I saw. Actually, upon investigation, it was only whoever had the light of my tail orb shining upon them that I could see. Esko was blood red, and Tulvir was ocean blue, brick red, and pale green. It was their emotions, their inner selves. Something they couldn't hide. And Esko was absolutely hiding something. His blood red aura screamed to me: EVIL! GUILTY! And other bad things. Tulvir's mix of colors said: Sad, revenge, friendship. Blade's silver and green aura said: Loyal, friendship. Yopple's aura of silver, green and blue: Loyal, friendship, sad.

What did this all mean? Esko was d*mn guilty. Blade was for real.

Then, a speck of vivid purple caught my eye. It was Blade's egg. Fear, uncertainty. Hope.

"Blade, your egg want's its mother. Comfort it. I see emotions now, its afraid and lonely. But it hopes you will come back." I opened my eyes and turned to Esko. "You were lying all along. Tulvir is your son. I see the traitor inside you. The lying b*tch that you are. Man, I'm angry. I must be sensitive now. Jeez. Blade, talk to your egg, see if it wants to be free. If I can gather emotions from it, it is ready to hatch." I walked over to her. "Please?"

((WOW Things happened when I went to bed! xd.png I'll back up a bit to fill in the blanks...))

((Edit: Long post is long.))

Blade

Dark feelings were stirring badly in my mind. At first, all I could think about was leaving. I started fantasizing about an ice nest, all alone with my egg, up in the mountains where no one could confuse me or stretch my loyalties like a rubber band, hoping they'd break. I was purposefully lagging behind my once-friends, wishing that I would become such a speck I could just change course and leave. No more craziness... right? Who would care about me, a Guardian, up in the mountains hurting no one? It was an ultimate peace.

Until now, I was never aware of my crazy, dark desires to isolate myself and become some sort of myth, with only my poor egg to try and comfort me. And if it wasn't for what was about to happen, I would have ended up in a worse fate that I could have imagined.

I braked when I saw Esko suddenly stop, staring and shouting at something on the ground. The others stopped too, and I glanced at the sands below me to see what was the cause of it.

Another human. A girl. And a bright orange dragon stood with her.

My first reaction was to charge down there and bring those evildoers to justice, to put them in as much pain as possible, but I immediately restrained such awful intentions. Instead, I simply circled above.

Then Esko dragged me back into it for support.

Ugh. I thought. No one told me how dependent he is. I landed anyway though, still glowering from my brooding session. There was some hefty going back-and-forth between Esko and the girl, to my surprise-I honestly expected an all-out battle to happen, though judging from a familiar pudginess the Magi sported, he probably would want to eat more than he wanted to deal with claws and teeth.

Aaaaand then I tuned into the conversation! Oh boy, what an exciting day it has been. The girl, as it turned out was just a female Tulvir(or more appropriately, a friend of his), and they were arguing yet again about the whole thing. And then Tulvir came back, and it was like a brief reunion of friends before everyone began siding against Esko. Alex and I just stood back, watching the fray; I also absorbed information, taking into account what was going on and taking in names.

Finally, the girl was fed up with Esko's excuses. She whispered something to the surprised Tulvir, before teleporting off with her Magi. Esko looked at us, still intending to go to the Alpine Weyr. I just kept brooding, but then Alex stepped up.

"I have no true reason to believe Tulvir, but something about what you called that Magi dragon is very odd. An orange Balloon? Pfft. He's like me, constantly eating candy or chocolate, depending on who it is you're talking about. I like his attitude, and I really did appreciate the transformation... " Same I realized. Being a dragon, in many ways, was tons better than being a human. I didn't have to wear armor to fight with confidence for once! And I get some uncanny respect just by existing! Alex continued. " I'm really torn here. Esko is an old friend, but I just get these... Vibes. Maybe I'm getting used to being a Moonstone dragon. They do have Magi magical affinity... Maybe some passive ability is being brought to my attention. Hmm..."

Alex closed his eyes, thinking, and suddenly it looked like something dawned on him. There was an uncomfortable, expectant silence before he came too. He turned to me, and said the strangest thing.

" Blade, your egg want's its mother. Comfort it. I see emotions now, its afraid and lonely. But it hopes you will come back."

" WHAAAAATTTT?"(Third time that's happened.) That certainly roused me from my depression! He can see emotions? He can see the egg's emotions?! It wants me to come back!?!

I suddenly felt horrible and guilty. Was the darkness inside me hurting it? Did it feel like I was suddenly lost? Like I just disappeared? It never occurred to me that it was still a living thing, it was just in a different form. I thought I could sort myself out after it hatched, but somehow, I'm affecting it now?!

I sat in a sort of trance, not noticing Alex's voiced disapproval of Esko, or his continued chatter toward me. I just gently put the egg on the ground, and bumped it with my nose.

I'm sorry. I thought, over and over. I didn't want to make you sad! I'm sorry!

???

The light went away, and it became wet again. He flinched, recovering from the sudden light change. But the bright crack... was so weird! What happened to it? He wanted it back!

He just stared at the spot it had been, now wanting to see it again. Once he got used to it, it was really comforting-no longer some scary thing the bad stuff brought. But now that it was gone, the darkness that enveloped him was the opposite of comforting. He squirmed, wanting out, but the walls didn't shake as much before. What was going on?!

Then some kind of dark, evil presence starting leaking through the walls.

" Ruuuun awaaaaaaayyyyy... " It hissed. " Geeeet awaaaaayyyyy... Hide froooom the woooorrrrrrld... "

No! Shoo! Go away! He shivered at the presence, but he couldn't get it out of his mind. Some odd comforting feeling that resided in the darkness, that made him believe it was good, suddenly vanished. He wanted it back! He wanted the good back, and the crack back! His memories of the other, brighter world, disappeared, as the darkness stole it from him. He wanted to fight back, but he was just covered in misery and loneliness.

Noooo! He opened his mouth and let out a tiny squeal.

But things began to change...

Edited by skwerl56767

---(Alex)---

Blade did indeed start to comfort the egg, but instead of a shift in emotion, the fear only intensified, blotting out the small glimmer of hope I had seen. It was afraid, and desired something, which appeared as a green-blue wavy stripe amidst the purple of fear. A thought crossed my mind. I still had some chocolate left over in my satchel, so I pulled it out. I asked Blade to step back for a brief moment while I looked over the egg. I saw a crack in the shell, and waved the chocolate in front of it. I used my emotion vision to see if the sweet smell of the chocolate would entice and calm the hatchling inside.

Blade

I jumped as the egg squeaked and began to react violently. I couldn't restrain myself.

" WHAT the HECK?!"

???

He stilled for a moment as the brightness came back in, and the emptiness was replaced by sorrow. The crack was back! But this time, it kept flashing at him. He mewled and pawed at it, as best as he could in the cramped space. It bent! WOW! He kept pushing at it, and the crack grew. It didn't flash anymore, as he forced it open. The tip of his nose hit something warm... and it was open! He didn't run into another wall! He felt a renewed energy, and started forcing his head out the tiny hole, as much as it protested.

Blade again

I had no words, as a muzzle came out of the egg! I jumped up and ran back and forth staring at it, yelping the whole time like I was on fire. " AHHHHH!! Someone! Anyone! It's hatching! What do I do!? What?! Whaaaa?!" My words turned to gibberish. If this was going to be written, it would be best written as "Gurblahgaflurpastufj!" But no, really, I was in all out panic mode. And I didn't calm down until I saw that it had come out completely.

It wasn't wet, like I expected-it must have been in there for a long time. And it just flopped out of the egg, in a both eerie and comical fashion that reminded me of myself when I've been at my post for way too long in the hot sun. Its eyes were squeezed shut, and it had no wings, but other than that it looked just like a miniature version of me. It even had the black metal! I felt kind of like screaming, and laughing, and crying, all at the same time, so I just stood there and awkwardly hyper-ventilated.

Then it opened its massive, yellow eyes, and looked at me as if to say: " You love me... right?"

" GAHAAHHHH, I don't know!!" I complained loudly, snuggling with it regardless. I couldn't sort out my emotions-half the stuff I was feeling I wasn't even sure I had before, to be honest. And heck, it didn't complain.

((Hm, I might add more to this, but I think I'll leave some breathing room first.))

Edited by skwerl56767

((The stuff you have as of writing this is already very good. Chocolate is the secret to making hatchlings come out of the eggs. Hah!))

((PLOT TWIST! Esko gets so mad he actually steals the Guardian hatchling and they have to chase him all around to get it! What about that?))

((No way. I don't think Blade would let Esko live after that, therefore you would be kicked out of the RP.))

((Too true. Nobody wants that to happen.

Now that my character is pretty much the main antagonist here, what will I do?))

Yopple

"S-Sir? This can't be true!" Yopple was in disbelief. The master he knew for so long...why?

((Actually, I honestly expected Esko to go "Screw it!" and try to steal the hatchling. xd.png (Great) minds think alike. Though that's true, Blade will just lose it.

I do have a bit of an idea for what Esko can do(it actually involves altering an old fate that I was going to put poor Blade through), but I'll explain it in the OOC thread before I clutter up my RP post; that is, if Esko hasn't already created some grand plan tongue.gif))

Blade

The hatchling didn't mind my smothering at all. It just gave me this sort of half-squeak, half-mew, and snuggled back. I already loved the dang snot out of it. Even more than L! I bet that would help the ghost sleep better at night... if it even sleeps.

I finally got control of myself, and examined the hatchling. I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I remember what little anatomy I was taught due to the whole process and training back at Cudahsai. I don't know if dragons have it but-oh, nevermind, found it. It wasn't as bluntly obvious as a human's though, hidden cleverly underneath a scale.

Ugh, I don't like thinking about it, but I'll have to thank some annoying guards for teaching me the looks of that. I'm still glad I almost got to throw them over the wall.

" What should I name him?" I wondered aloud, trying to clear my head of such an awkward topic. The hatchling squeaked, nipping at my paws already, like he was trying to tell me to get a move on. " How about... Flameheart... yeah. I like that! Guardian Flameheart!"

Flameheart

He squeaked. What was this HUUGGGEE blue thing in front of him?! It was... it was... it was HUGE! Suddenly, there was this noise in his head. He recognized it somehow. Oh, that's right! The rhythm! He couldn't understand it, but it sounded fun. He tried to mimic the sounds, but all that came out were squeaks. So, a bit frustrated, he nipped at the blue thing's paws. The blue thing nudged him a bit, so he toppled over. Boy, this was fun!

As he looked around though, he saw another blue thing that had whites instead of blacks, staring at him and holding something just out of reach. The newly dubbed Flameheart rolled over onto his tummy awkwardly, and sniffed whatever the blue thing was holding. It was very aromatic, so he kept sniffing it, and sniffing it, until he was close enough, then...

Snap! He plucked the thing right of the blue's paws! He ran off with it playfully, settling down near the first blue thing to chew on it. It tasted good!

Blade

Flameheart was surprisingly energetic already. I pawed at him a bit, and he rolled over, nipping at my paws. He noticed Alex though, and plodded over to him. I held my breath. How will he react? Will he be scared?

On the contrary. With more speed than I expected, he snatched up the chocolate Alex was holding without hesitance! He ran over to me to munch on the chocolate.

" O-Oh gee." I said, not sure how to apologize for a mere hatchling. " I hope you didn't need that, Alex."