Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

(( Nah, it's fine.))

" WHHAAAAAAAT??" If I was a grandfather clock, I would have just sprung several gears, my glass cracked, and my pendulum fallen off. Alex was a human too? There are more dragons that were human? The girl and her magi were behind it all? There were more victims? The egg I had snatched might be alive? I could be it's mother?!

COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF HAM WAS AVAILABLE?!

I burst ahead in several short gallops, running back and forth in confusion. " How is this possible?!" I asked over and over, referring to everything all at once. " How! How...?"

After quite a bit of running, I paused to snatch my breath and get my thoughts in order. Calm yourself! I scolded. Just think clearly, for pity sake!

I let out a great sigh, and shrugged off my shame for completely breaking my composure. " Sorry about that." I apologized. I saw that we had arrived to the town, and prickled with unease. However, Alex didn't hesitate to walk in, so I followed cautiously. With my mind brimming full with questions, I commanded myself to ask them one at a time.

Before I could start though, I paused nervously to watch a human passerby, as they graciously gave Alex some carrots after a moment of thought. I continued to watch, stunned, as the person simply continued along like everything was normal. I looked around at several other humans, and noticed that they didn't seem to care for our presences. New questions arose with these observations.

Where were the pitchforks? The hammers? The spears? Where were the metal shackles and branding irons? The muzzles and restraints? Surely it isn't possible that they're living peacefully with dragons? It completely baffled me. So now had I not only been in a town friendly to the beasts, it's also the first town I've been in that didn't want to kill me. Well, that was positive, at least.

I realized just how uneducated I was, outside the walls of Cudahsai. And yet... if what Alex said is true, then I might have to go back, just for that egg. My knowledge would certainly help then, especially for these "other dragons" he mentioned that were once human too.

Hopefully, we won't have to return there. I thought, yet I couldn't help but think of that egg... No... I have to. These Moonstone don't need to, but I will march straight in there and reclaim that egg. Assuming that thieving girl didn't take it for herself, and it was dropped or misplaced somewhere. But I was the one who found it in the casket, and saved it from becoming part of Luswold's breakfast... I refrained from thinking about the gory, grossly immoral details.

I paused yet again in my pondering, to watch Alex hand the carrots off to Lazuli, before reaching into a satchel tied around his neck and bringing out chocolates for himself. He ate them without hesitance.

Is he-or once was-royalty? I wondered. Only the royals would eat chocolate! Well... this is odd. I wonder if these other dragons he knows are even odder. I blustered at this. I'm going to be in some strange company for a while.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

I decided to help Blade look for someplace that sold ham so she could eat. I mean, here I was eating chocolate, and she didn't have anything to eat. I had given Lazuli the carrots, so she would be okay for now. Knowing that the humans of this town were friendly would probably reassure her about being alone, unless she decided to tag along behind us while I helped Blade look for ham.

The streets weren't too crowded and were quite wide, so I was able to walk in a normal fashion while not trampling any humans. Those that were in my path saw me coming and stepped out of my way long before I got near. Apparently dragons were quite respected here, which was pleasant. At least Blade would be able to eat her ham in peace.

I had led Blade around for what seemed to be about five minutes, when my nose caught the scent of cooking meat. I hoped for my own sake that it was ham, otherwise Blade might eat me instead for leading her astray.

Luckily, by the time I had located the source of the smell, I had confirmed that it was indeed ham, and quite a lot from what I saw. Blade would be eating a big breakfast, that was for sure.

I tried to follow Alex in a more normal manner, though my tail still swished from side to side in my nervousness. Luckily, I didn't seem to cause any chaos with it. Though, I saw Alex take a turn toward a butcher's shop, which had an attached rotisserie-and boy, it smelled good!! I pushed past him and walked right up to the counter, completely forgetting that I was a massive dragon, and started talking like I was just another human.

" Hello?" I asked. Someone, presumably the butcher himself, came up to me. " Yeah, do you have any ham?"

" Only a couple of pounds." He said in a thick accent. " Coyotes have been gettin' the yearlings."

" Hm?" I wondered aloud. Cudahsai never had coyote problems... though that might be due to the massive wall surrounding it. " A couple of pounds won't do though... " I salivated at the smell of the chickens cooking in the rotisserie, but chickens were too small, and had lots of bones. Besides, ham was the greatest!

" Well... yah could always clear out the coyotes, then I can buy more pigs. I'll pay yah with what's left of the meat." The butcher suggested. I nodded eagerly at this.

" Where can I start?" I asked.

" Pigs are out back." He said simply. " Gimme something back to show yah got those coyotes out."

It might take a while for them to show up. My conscious put in. Well... it won't be the last I worked for food. I laughed at the memory. At one point, my trainer thought it would be funny to feed five score of his men before I had a spoonful myself. Thank goodness, it wasn't the whole army, and the Imperial Guard was excluded. And thank goodness I didn't over-season that soup.

" I'll do it." I agreed. I looked over at Alex. " Thank you, by the way. What I ate before becoming a dragon could hardly be considered a meal in itself." I then squeezed through an adjacent alleyway(I didn't want to risk jumping over the building, and crashing into something important on the other side) and came across a small pen, with some grazing pigs inside. The butcher was right-there was only one piglet, with the rest being adults. Well... all five of them, anyway.

I glanced about, found a nice boulder nearby, and went to sit on it. With the pen facing the desert, surely it would be easy to spot a couple of coyotes wandering about?

Ignoring my urge to snatch up one of the pigs behind the butcher's back, I lay down on the rock and watched the sun rise. Yup. This would definitely take a while. But it will be worth it.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

Blade's attempt at seeming like a normal Guardian dragon was fairly accurate. This sort of thing was what they did all the time. A thought occurred to me. We had totally forgotten to look for the girl and her Magi dragon. Oh well, that could wait until we had gotten back to the Alpine Weir.

For now, I decided that I would be content to rest near the ham stand and protect that. Well, at least the shop owner didn't mind me, so that was good. Patrons seemed to be a bit less inclined to buy food, so that was a bit of a mixed bag. Good for Blade, bad for the shop owner, though he didn't notice or complain. Time passed, and the sun inched closer to rising.

((New character coming in noooow! ))

Yopple

Yopple hated the desert. It was hot and miserable compared to the cold and beutiful Alpine. Now his pretty and marvolous home was a pile of charred ruins. God only knows if Esko made it or not. The eggs were crushed by dragon feet running in panic. The Cassare was looking up and down and sideways-around for any trace of Esko, but none so far was uncovered. He missed his tamer. After all, he was the first dragon that Esko ever had. The Cassare walked into a town, where he saw two moonstones and a guardian. He went to the butcher's counter.

"Hello, I would like..." And Yopple ordered a but load of beef. He turned to one of the moonstones, who happened to be Alex. He looked at him.

"Hello. My name is Yopple. I am sure everyone knows my master, Esko. He had disappeared after a strange girl and magi charged in and the home burned down. I ask you: have you seen Esko around? After all, he was one of the most powerful tamers of all and everyone knows his name and Apperance. Have you seen him lately?"

Alexander

This Cassare, Yopple, seemed like a nice enough guy, and luckily I didn't have any mana shards on me... Wait! My Time shard! I hurriedly opened the bag that the shard was in, and almost began to weep. It had already been drained of it's energy, reduced to nothing but clear crystal. I didn't blame the Cassare though, after all, he didn't know that I had it on me, and he also had no control over his magic-draining powers. I decided to head over to a stoneworker's shop that was across the street and a bit to my left.

The shopkeeper was a nice guy, and he agreed that for 5 silver coins, he would shape the depleted mana crystal into a horn ring. This ring was not for me however.

Unfortunately, The mana shard seemed to be more durable than the stoneworker's tools, which snapped without scratching the crystal even a little bit. Lucky for the shopkeeper and myself, he had an extra set of tools that was made from a much harder material: Diamond. The shopkeeper told me he had kept his life savings since he had decided to become a stoneworker to buy the tools, and had been told by a seer to use them only on a crystal of unmatched strength. My depleted mana crystal fit the bill, so the stoneworker set to work creating the ring.

It took a while, and I kept glancing over at Yopple during the process. I still held no resentment towards him.

When the ring was finally done, it was beautiful. Clearest crystal, so much so that the ring was almost invisible. the stoneworker claimed that the structure of the ring would keep it from breaking no matter what, unless a mountain sat on it. I laughed a bit at the mental image that produced, then paid the stoneworker an extra ten silver and took the ring.

I wandered around to the back of the butcher's shop, and gave the ring to Blade, saying, "Wear this on your other horn. Maybe it'll protect it from being broken!"

Yopple chuckled. "Ah, sorry for draining you mana shard. " he apologized, though he was a little annoyed at the fact that this dragon didn't answer about Esko. " so, you haven't seen Esko? That is his name. Seen him recently?" Yopple sounded slightly worried. His fingers fumbled as he saw the moonstone give the black plated guardian the horn ring. " So, by the way, what are your names? I am truly curious"

((Fyi, Yopple is normally a rather patient dragon, but is prone to being annoyed))

Alexander

Yopple's question about my name made me remember to be polite in front of him.

"My name's Alexander. But you can call me Alex, if you want. Oh, and this is Blade," I said, indicating her. "Blade's a big fan of ham apparently, so she's helping the butcher protect his pigs from coyotes. I don't know if the butcher would like it if either of us helped Blade, so I've left her alone for the moment."

((Edit: Irupi and Lumina are currently flying towards the Alpine Weyr, and will arrive after breakfast-time in the RP. the sun has just risen, so it will be a few RP hours before I narrate them again.))

Edited by Alexander_Drake

((Mind if I do exact quotes? It'll help keep me focused on what's going on.))

I looked up when Alex came to me, a Cassare dragon just behind him. I stiffened. Was this one of the humans who was transformed by the girl? I wondered.

" Wear this on your other horn. Maybe it'll protect it from being broken!" Alex said, switching my attention back to a small crystal ring he held in his paw. Guardians must not be real hoarders, because I wasn't immediately attached to it, but it was really pretty. I accepted the ring, pushing it up my left horn a little awkwardly due to my lack of thumbs.

" Wow... it fits really well." I looked back up in gratitude " Thanks. So, who's the Cassare?"

Alex briefly introduced us, and I was a bit surprised about how kindly he took the dragon; he didn't seem suspicious of him at all; then the dragon asked about yet another creature named Esko-maybe Alex knew him?

So many dragons! I thought, stroking the crystal ring on my horn. Well, at least I knew what a Cassare was-though I immediately shoved down the image of that horrid, stinking pit. Then my previous thoughts resurfaced, about the Magi dragon and her owner stealing my egg.

A bit flustered about being distracted by these imposing thoughts, I returned my attention to the sands, trying to envision ham instead. Delicious, smoked, juicy, succulent, tender...

What was that? I noticed something moving up ahead. It disappeared behind a dune, so I didn't get a good look at it, but if it came toward the pig pen, it would get a face full of claws!

You're so gullible! My conscious mocked. You would attack a potential innocent just for ham?

Ham is the best! Besides, I haven't eaten in who knows how long! And I promised that butcher that nothing would touch his pigs! I got into a brief argument with it, oblivious to the two conversing dragons behind me.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

I noticed that Blade had her attention caught by something behind the dunes, so I urged Yopple to follow me elsewhere so Blade could remain undistracted. I decided to find somewhere that might have sold chocolate, because Yopple might want some, and I was rationing my own supply. I did tell Yopple that I would pay for the first sample of chocolate so that he could at least try some if he lacked money.

"Ah, yes yes. I haven't had chocolate since Esko disappeared and we all scattered. Which was a few days. So, you haven't seen a fellow like Esko lately? Even someone with the name of Esko? Everyone was shocked at the news of the fire and the possible.....d-d-de-death of Esko" Yopple shuddered at that thought. He didn't like this.

Alexander

"Oh, I've heard of Esko. I met him, he's my friend. We left him in a desert town on the west side of the desert. Go there to find him if you like."

Not even noticing the two beings behind me leaving, my self-argument was interrupted by the sound of sand moving. I looked back up to the dune, curious to see what it was. A passerby? The coyotes? Another dragon?

Not sure if I can handle the arrival of another dragon. I thought. Too bad for me, as the head that peeked out at me was certainly not a human or a coyote.

The creature approached, not seeming to care for my presence. Instead, its eyes were fixed on the swine behind me. I held still, trying to keep my tail from twitching-it was smaller than I was, so it made a bad move, ignoring me like that.

The seconds ticked by as it steadily came closer, freezing every time it felt it was spotted by its prey. Similarly, I didn't make a move until the small brown dragon was within range.

Smack! With a mighty slap of my tail, sand flew up around it, and it jumped in confusion. I took advantage of the moment by swiping at its head. My claws hit scale, though it didn't feel like I caused any wounds. The dragon immediately backed up with a hiss, with some blue substance leaking from its mouth, but I jumped down from the rock and promptly sat on it, gripping its thrashing neck in my jaws.

" Let me go!!" It spat. Ah, so it spoke as well! And luckily, telepathy didn't interfere with my grip on his neck scales.

" Hunting some pigs, are you?" I asked. It huffed in frustration, scrambling at the sand with its claws and lashing its tail.

" I'm just hungry." It stressed. " Do you want me to starve, Guardian?"

" Kind of, yeah." I lied. In reality, the thought of this small dragon starving sent me into an odd, internal panic, like it went against my instincts in this horribly awful way. But another instinct didn't like the injustice this dragon was committing.

" Can you let go of me now?" It wailed. It spat out what looked like blue bile onto the ground in frustration, which promptly turned the sand beneath it into glass. I didn't say anything, instead getting off of the dragon but keeping my teeth in its neck.

" I'm not letting you go until you promise to never come back." I demanded. " These pigs aren't free game."

" Whatever." The dragon sniffed. I squeezed a bit, and it squirmed. " OKAY OKAY!! Don't hurt me! I'm just a hatchling!"

I looked at it in surprise. Really? It had wings, and was a fairly good size-it was bigger than a human, anyway. It didn't sound like it was lying, but it could just be an exaggeration.

I finally let go of it, standing between it and the pig pen. It backed up uncomfortably, spat out a little more bile as though it was challenging me, then turned tail and ran. Well... I couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't return, but I evidently scared the living daylights out of it.

I scooped up the glass its bile formed in the sand, and walked a bit awkwardly on three legs back to the butcher. I was hungry, and really I wanted my breakfast now.

" Wasn't the coyotes at all. It was some small, brown and blue dragon." I explained, setting the glass on the counter. The butcher arrived and picked it up in curiosity. " It shouldn't return anytime soon."

" A Spitfire, eh? Didn't think they'd be up n' about yet." He set the glass back down, almost admiring it. " I'm not gonna go back on mah word, Guardian. I'll get the meat for yah."

Oh boy!! I practically jumped in joy, with an edible growl from my stomach. This ham won't stand a chance!

And when he finally arrived with it, it really didn't. Though, when I was finished with my breakfast, a quick look around told me that Alex and the Cassare had left. I asked the butcher where they went, and he just shrugged. My tail tip twitched.

Goody. I thought. Well... maybe Lazuli will know what happened to them. Presuming she didn't leave either.

Alexander

I heard some telepathic shouts from the butcher's shop, some of which sounded like Blade. I ran back to the butcher's shop to find Blade sitting next to several clean bones and looking a bit concerned. I came back to her and asked, "What's up? Did the coyotes show up? Oh, by the way, do you want some chocolate? Yopple and I found a store that sells some, so I'd be happy to buy you plenty for dessert. Not desert, but dessert."

"Ah, yes. Chocolate. It may calm my nerves." Yopple semi-muttered. He had a nerve racking feeling. Esko? In the desert?! He hated the desert! He wouldn't go there unless on buisness, and if there was buisness, then Yopple always went with him. No way was this a buisness trip.

He must be in trouble! Grave danger!

"So, you earned your ham. We go get chocolate, then see what happens next?"

Alexander

"You know, Blade, I don't find it weird in the slightest that a human guard turned dragon would want to eat so much. I mean, you had to deal with rations before, right? So it makes perfect sense. And yes, let's all go have some chocolate."

((Feel free to drag me along with you in your narration until we get to the chocolate store.))

((.... It doesn't say Casseres drain magic, it just nulls it whenever they're close. But I guess it's a permadrain here? That would be bad for a sideplot idea I had.))

Basii scanned the land to the east, eyes half closed from the already-harsh sunlight, while Empyreal scanned the land to the west. It has already been some time since they departed the oasis, and the desert seemed surprisingly empty of any animal life if one didn't know where to look. What they were really looking for, however, was the gleam of metal to alert them to a pearly bronze egg.

Well, in Basii's honest opinion, if someone were to steal a pearly metal egg from an overprotective thunder mother, then they would probably be smart enough to make it less noticable, but voicing these thoughts to Empyreal would probably get him fried again. When Basii looked over to his side to check on Empyreal, he found her alighting back onto the sand and rocks below. Curious, he decided to follow, landing near a shrub and startling some sort of long-legged bird.

"Empyreal?"

"I saw a gleam near here. Do you think-

"Precious, should you really assume so rashly? And should it be-

"Oh! Poor little wyvern, what are you doing in the desert? You look exausted, we should get you to some shade and water, why are you here, so unadapted to the harsh rays of the sun?"

Basii looked over at Empyreal to see her shading a young golden wyvern hatchling with her wide wings, the crackle of the electricity reduced so that it could only be heard if one tried to do so and only if it lightly flickered over her. Basii touched a feathered wingtip to his mouth in confustion, for mostly the same things Empyreal had already said. He murmured a few cooling heal spells under his breath, worried that the poor hatchling would already have heatstroke.

((Esko, I don't know if you could really "get the wrong idea," as it's stated in the Dragopedia that White dragons will never harm another, even at their own expense.

Well, maybe yes for Empyreal.))

Furisa

Furisa wailed until the two new dragons came along. She then looked up to see the one strange dragon and burbled with happiness. She reached her arms up to the stranger. Her tummy then rumbled and she started to cry again.

Yopple

"Ah, yes to chocolate. " Yopple said as he looked around. He hoped to not null out a healing spell nearby. Cassares weren't ever truly respected, but Yopple didn't care. Esko enjoyed him all the same. He did, anyway. Some time passed before they found a chocolate store. "I think Alex should step up now, unless the guardian had money, because all the money I had was lost in the fire. It is rude of me to tell Alex to pay, but sadly, who else will?"

Me(finally)

I had been traveling for hours. Finally, I almost passed out. Suddenly, I got a weird feeling. No burbles. No wails of hunger. Nothing on...my back....I looked at my back to check if Furisa was still there. No?! I checked all around. I flew in a few mile circle. I looked in dunes and animal holes. No sign. No, no, NO!!! I roared In pain. "FURISA!!!!" I shouted, certain that anybody miles off could hear. I cut my course and turned around, going in the direction I came from

((Pyro, I meant that Esko would jump to conclusions and think that Basii and Empyreal had stolen Furisa. See?))

((God, I is so sorry, Pyro! How long's passed so I can do a time skip to match?))

Amara Jades

I nodded my head. "Oh of course. I wouldnt expect you to leave on such short notice." I sort of smiled, showing rows of perfectly pointed teeth. "We live over there, behind the reeds in a cave." I pointed a talon and nearly fell over. I hoped my human-ish antics didn't give me away. I flapped my starboard wing slightly to regain balance on my two feet. Standing was almost like standing as a human, only with two large, heavy wings. I could tell I was hungry, but I needed Flame before I could go out hunting. Or maybe Seafoam, she was good at hunting above water. Seafoam was a Tsunami like moi, and I might bring her on my travels if I feel like finding her before we head out.

Edited by MyaMouse

((I'm not sure, but it's morning now-I think you left sometime around midnight(in the rp)? I would have to double check.))

I scanned the streets for Lazuli, but instead found Alex by my side again. I jumped.

" Gee, don't do that!" I said. He asked about the coyotes, and I just shrugged. " Something about Spitfires. The perpetrator was just a small dragon." I was relieved to have something in my stomach now, and Alex offered to pile chocolate on top of that. I hesitated at first, because chocolate was reserved for the royal family.

But you're not in Cudahsai anymore. I remembered. Go have fun!

So I accepted the offer. With Alex and the Cassare Yopple discussing chocolate, and this mysterious Esko, I stayed behind a bit, watching my surroundings. Being an apprentice did make me more aware, but my paranoia seemed to be heightened as a dragon.

We finally approached to a chocolate stand-the smells weren't as appetizing, but watching the chefs work the thick, brown substance was very interesting. Lots of stirring and mixing, and more stirring.

" I think Alex should step up now, unless the guardian had money, because all the money I had was lost in the fire. It is rude of me to tell Alex to pay, but sadly, who else will?" Yopple spoke up. My tail twitched.

" I'm not sure I'm up for sitting on a rock again." I agreed. " We might be able to figure something out but... I don't know, Alex?" I paused in my wonderment, thinking over what Yopple said. " Wait, what fire?"

Edited by skwerl56767

((Mysterious Esko, I love that :-D))

Yopple

"Ah, you haven't heard? I guess human news isn't as fast as I thought. This girl and her Magi invaded the house of my tamer, Esko, which was on the tallest mountain in the Alpine. Well, on the side of it. We had ironclad defenses, but somehow this young pair managed to get in, defeat the Magi guards, suck power from the Mana shards, knock Esko out, and start a fire. Us dragons had to scatter. Most of them think he is dead, but I have a small feeling he is alive. You said you know him, Alex? Well. You should have seen his house ruins. You could barely see a house anymore. It was so sad. To make matters worse, the Magi smashed the newest Golden Wyyvern egg on the hard ground. The young one couldn't have made it, unless there was SOMEHOW a human with wolf ears/ tail wandering with a Golden Wyvern hatchling. So, Alex. I must ask. How is Esko doing? Is he alright? Missing his tail or ears? Anything wrong?"

What Yopple didn't know yet was that there was something wrong.

Just much worse than he thought.

Pyro

I nodded, looking at the reeds Amara was pointing to. In hindsight, maybe I should have gotten a clue at her smiling/grinning (I was never too good at telling the two apart) since most of the time, showing teeth was an agressive measure, especially when dealing with assorted non-telekenetic wildlife. If a wolf is showing it's teeth, back off: it WILL bite you. I should know.

"Er, Pyro, I can't get ahold of Basii. If we're to get him, we would have to find him in the desert somehow," Skies said nervously. I glanced back at him and grudgingly lifted myself up to my feet, then put my head through the leather strap of my bag.

"Courting a lady again," Tinselwings said as she rolled her eyes. "We can find him easy just by dressing a group of vaguely draconic-shaped objects up so they look pretty. Basii would be trying to smooch his way in all the same."

"And before we do that, we're resting first," I grumbled, then spoke to Amara. "Erm, if you're going with me, we have to travel slow; I don't know how to fly. ((OoC: from here, you can just skip. Pyro's just going off on a tangent now.)) Do you know how hard it is trying to do so when everone else around you has wings? Really, westerns have it lucky, they can at least guess how by flapping their wings, but for easterns, nope! There has to be someone around to teach you if you don't know a lickety-split about air magic. I'm a traveler, an artist, a dragon keeper, a storyteller! And none of them require air magic except *maybe* the occasional spell for weather, but that drains so much energy I have to sleep for what feels like a freaking week! I hate sleeping and doing nothing! At least it would be good if I remember the dreams to spin them in a coherent story, but nooo...."

"Oh Pyrooooo, wakey-wakey!" Tinselwings sang. I snapped back to reality to realize that I had completely overshot the reeds and was standing in the surf- ooh, I have to come to the coast more, the sunsets are lovely, especially with how the waves reflect the last rays of the sun, various avians silhouetted against the sky, and the pretty color of the puffy clouds. And that's not even going into the hues of the evening sky, or the marine animals playing in the water. Anyway, after admiring the view for a few minutes, I returned to where Skies and Tinselwings were, one still glowing from the praise of the townsfolk and the other catching some periwinkles.

"PYRO!" Mira didn't care for sneakiness this time. I wondered why so many females I raised had bad tempers.

"You should see this sunset!" I'll admit that wasn't the most intelligent of responses, nor expected.

"What. Are. You. DOING?!"

"Helping out someone in need. I know what you should learn: A little skill called compassion!"

"Why you... Are you implying that I am not kind to protect you and them two as you decide to walk foolishly into "helping" dragons we haven't known even for an half-hour?" This was puncuated by a raptor shriek from somewhere close by. I blinked a little, slightly amused by how her "hunting" likely didn't span much more then a few miles. She was probably close by and couldn't be argued against, so I just turned to Amara with a shrug of sorts.

"Sorry, Mira's rather paranoid."

"Paranoid? Again, you have no idea of this dragon's motives! You haven't even known her for more than half an hour! You're calling me paranoid?!"

Basii

"We should get this little one something to eat; now, now, little one, we shall get you some fresh meat soon," Empyreal crooned. Basii watched the exchange in interest with a dab of surprise at how tender Empyreal was being when all he heard from her were half-hidden threats and annoyed snaps.

"My friend here will take nice care of you while I'll go hunting, mm'kay? Or would you like to ride and come with me? Not only that, but we'll get you some cool water too, you must be so parched," Empyreal continued, wrapping her wings around the hatchling partually in a protective manner. Basii was thunderstruck- pardon the pun- at the miracle he just witnessed, though his question of "My! Kind stranger who looks so much like the great beauty Empyreal, who are you?" was quickly answered by a deathglare from said dragoness. Not knowing what else to really do, as she seemed to have everything under control, Basii just started humming a tune that Pyro sang as a lullabye.

"D-B-B, A-B-B, D-B-B, A-G-G, D-B-B, A-C-B..."

Alexander

"Well, Yopple, I saw Esko but a few hours ago, cheerfully living with a Golden Wyvern Hatchling as a Golden Wyvern, adult male to be precise. It's not unlike what happened to me and Blade, we used to be humans until the very same girl and Magi showed up and transformed us into whatever species of dragon was convenient to use as a template for the human's draconic form. Blade was in possession of a Guardian egg, hence her own Guardian form, and I have two nearly matured Moonstone hatchlings who, the male at least, was used as my template. Furisa, the Golden Wyvern who has always been one, was used as Esko's template. Omen, one of my friends, she is now living as a Bleeding Moon, as she happened to be transformed near two of the same breed. Say... Oh no. I left her behind. In another town. First, chocolate. Then, we go back and look for Omen. I last saw Esko with her, so its in our best interest to go there anyway... Ack, I forgot. Blade needs to save her egg that was her template! Ahh, what do I do? I really want to help Blade, she seems like a nice person. You can go to the town where Esko and Omen are. Just head to the western side of the desert and look for a Bleeding Moon and a Golden Wyvern. You couldn't miss it if you tried."

((*facepalm* It's just that I have a book about dragons called the Dragon Codex- Copper, and they smile all the time.))

Amara Jades

"You don't? Oh, I know someone who could help you. I was gonna go visit my mom's old masters anyway to see an old family friend. Maybe we could stop there along the way, It's only up the mountain." I pointed at my old house on the top of the mountain. "My little brother Nekonny and I hatched there, but we all were released except my dad." I was getting good at lying, but I doubt that's a good thing. "My friend Silviana(sil-vee-ah-nah) can help you. She's a silver too. I have to go find my friend Sweetwater Seafoam, so if you want some flying lessons from Silvi, we can go now," I said, my trademark light tone hopefully resonating through Pyro's mind now. If not, I needed to brush up on my telepathy.

((Edit:)) I flinched at the shriek of another dragon a few miles off. Then Pyro apologized for someone named Mira. "Mira..? Who's..-" I started but was cut short as Flane came out of the cave. "Come, Flares is awake. But only barely. He's in really bad shape." I heard her sad, silken voice, but it didn't have that weird ringing feel to it, so I knew it was out loud. I gave a quick "I told you so" to Pyro and dashed inside. "Yeah, Flame?" I replied once we were out of earshot.

Flares Rinne

I opened my eyes. I could hardly move and my mind was blank. All I could remember was my poison being used on me. The knocking-out effect had indeed worked, but since we are supposedly immune to our poison, I wasn't dead, yet, just very, very weak. Flame and a Tsunami Wyvern with the same deep sea-blue eyes that Amara had came into the cave. I couldn't speak so I forced all my strength into my telepathy, and soon a reply was heard. "Yes, we're here, Flares. Are you okay?" rang Flame's soft voice in my mind. I wanted to reply to her, but my strength had abandoned me. I just nodded slowly. Soon Amara's voice was in my mind. But how? She didn't have telepathy, right? Unless... "Yeah, I'm the Tsunami. Long story." How did she know? I didn't say anything...

Edited by MyaMouse

((Excuse me for any typos, I am on mobile becuase my IPAD INTERNET IS WACKY!!!)

Yopple

Yopple was shocked to hear this news. The girl didn't kill Esko: she transformed him into a dragon! "Well, I wonder the purpose of that. If Esko is a dragon, he has a better survival chance. That hatchling survived?! It must have been ready to hatch then! This is great! And if he is freinds with a bleeding moon, that is great protection! I might as well stick with you. If Esko is a dragon, he is fine! We shall rescue the eggs first! That town Blade comes from....Esko tried to rescue a band of Cassares, even my newly discovered brother and sister, but they were all killed and thrown into that pit....and Esko went into a fit of rage. Not just any fit. It only happens when he is more than livid. And he can't control it. His eyes turn black, and he shoots out fits of black magic. Killed so many guards and almost killed the royalty. I had to drag him away. Eventually it stopped and he calmed down, but I still have no reason why he does that. Why he spews magic in fits of anger, why when he is angry, why his eyes turn blacker than a night without stars. He can defend himself, but it isn't always good. And with the fact that HE IS A DRAGON NOW...means that power could be multiplied by tons. Get him angry, and he is the perfect war weapon..."

Those words couod echo in minds

The perfect war weapon

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf