Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

Basii

Empyreal gasped as a somewhat-lupine golden wyvern landed and spoke worridly, before suddenly turning angry at the sight of the giggling hatchling, then accusing them of kiddnapping her for whatever reason.

"I'm sorry, sir, we didn't-

Whomever this golden wyvern was, either he wasn't listening to Empyreal, or she didn't tell him the message in time, as evidented by the beam of dark energy he shot at her. Empyreal moved only quickly enough so that her body took most of the beam, protecting the now-wailing hatchling. As the beam struck the thunder and thrown her back, Basii's barrier finally took into effect, creating a strong shield between the combatants as Basii ran to the hatchling, worried for its safety.

CRACK! Basii groaned at the strain of maintaining the barrier under this sort of assult. This dragon's power was unbelievable!

"Empyreal! Don't reprise him!"

"Why NOT?!" if he had heard that, his ears would be ringing at how loudly Empyreal had shierked. He's heard Howlers less loud than that!

"Because that would be giving that wyvern more support for us "kidnapping" his precious hatchling! We don't want to seem agressive against him, we just need him to see reason-gwwak!"

The barrier shattered. Empyreal growled, her navy wings crackling with electricity as she stood protectively over the wailing hatchling, but she didn't send the bolt at the wyvern, even as he shot another beam at her.

"Good sir! If you are truely this hatchling's caretaker, you will cease at once! What if one of your beams hit the poor child?! Moreover, do you not think you may be jumping to conclusions, attacking and possibly killing innocents? You wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of either outcomes, much less both if you DON'T STOP ATTACKING EMPYREAL, now would you?!" Basii roared, running over to the steadfast thunder. Empyreal was trembling despite remaining standing, racked through with pain even as Basii tried to heal her as best he could while still watching the golden wyvern.

Pyro

The sun was high, though not at the apex of its path, when I awoke with a jolt.

"Empyreal's in trouble! We...." I trailed off as I heard roars coming out my mouth instead of words. I crossed my eyes to see that no, it wasn't a dream, I did turn into a silver, unless that muzzle was a gag Tinselwings did. And now that sensation of panic was gone too, was that just a dream as well?

I got up, blinking to get used to the harsh sunlight, musing that it would probably be stronger as the day passes here on the coast. I would use sunglasses, but, well, that's not an option for me anymore. My bag was already open next to me, meaning that Tinselwings had already awoke, though I didn't want to know what she was actually doing at the moment. I spotted Mira some ways away, stretching on a perch near the cliff. Skies was still asleep.

It's rather unusual for me to be sleeping late, but I suppose what with what happened yesterday, I deserved the rest.

Esko

I had been in such a fit of rage that I didn't even think Furisa was there. She was hopping around, as if she was cheering for a fight. "Wah! Wah!" She shouted! Except she was wailing hard, not cheering. I couldn't listen, my eyes just got darker until they darkened no more. My beam power increased. My eyes got darker no more, but my power wasn't even close to the limit. I was a living war weapon. If a human got their hands on me...

Then I heard this:

"Good sir! If you are truely this hatchling's caretaker, you will cease at once! What if one of your beams hit the poor child?! Moreover, do you not think you may be jumping to conclusions, attacking and possibly killing innocents? You wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of either outcomes, much less both if you DON'T STOP ATTACKING EMPYREAL, now would you?!"

"HAHAHA! I AM HER GUARDIAN! AND I PROTECT HER FROM BURGALARS LIKE YOU!" I shot another, more powerful beam. I smiled as I saw the barrier fade. At last, the barrier shattered, and I got ready for another blow.

"Dadaaaaa!"

Basii

Both dragons turned in alarm as the wyvern replied with: "HAHAHA! I AM HER GUARDIAN! AND I PROTECT HER FROM BURGALARS LIKE YOU!"

"Forget the hatchling, this dragon isn't listening to reason!" Basii growled, noticing that Empyreal was still spreading her wings in a protective manner. "He wouldn't dare harm his own hatchling!

"You know, maybe you can say that we're *not* kidnapping her?" Empyreal still managed to say dryly, though by all accounts this was not the time to have a nice battle of wits. "I will not stand by and watch as he kills his own hatchling! I wouldn't be able to stand it, not if I can do anything about it!"

"Empyreal, come with me! You're going to die if you take another hit! Especially... Gods above... The.. Nigrum sanguis... Empyreal! This is not the time for honor! You risk your life!"

"Please, sir, there has been a misunderstanding! We found this hatchling wailing on the desert sands and were taking her to an oasis! Please, calm yourself and listen! We did not kidnap your poor hatchling, nor did we intend to take her away for anythin other than the rest she needed! Or are you willing to slay us, who have done no harm, and bring the wrath of our keeper upon you?!"

(( I require Esko to narrate Luswold for me to post Alexander's perspective. I can post more Irupi perspective if you guys want. I may do it anyway in an hour or two.))

Edited by Alexander_Drake

((Go right ahead. I'll have to wait on Yopple's perspective anyway.))

I smashed through the ranks, and fountains of sand rose up around me as the ballistae charges missed me by narrow margins. The gates, once only cracked, flung open around me as I plowed on through. To my surprise, my head didn't hurt as much as I expected at the impact. My horns-especially the one reinforced by that crystal ring-must have absorbed most of the shock, and redirected the rest to less fragile areas.

Guards and people ran in panic, as I interrupted the famed Cheese Festival. Those who were armed, or close to weapons, snatched them up as if to stop me, but instead simply watched as I charged past them, up the main street. Luckily, it was a straight shot up to the palace, as long as the courtyard wasn't closed off. I wasn't sure if Yopple was following me... hopefully he wasn't struck by one of the ballistae.

I burst through the courtyard gates, and finally was forced to stop at the palace's actual doors. For once, Luswold made a smart decision, in choosing to make them completely out of stone and reinforced wood.

" Ugh..." I grumbled to myself, getting up and glaring at the doors. I heard clamoring on the other side, like it was being barricaded. I shook my head clear. Assuming Luswold became a dragon while inside the palace, his servants probably panicked at the sight of him and are now putting whatever they can find up against the door.

I sat back on my haunches, thinking. Was there another way in...? I looked up. Ah, yes! Luswold's extravagant stained glass portrait! I would have to thank him later for his narcissism.

Tail swishing, I made a great leap, scrambling at the wall to retain height. I managed to grab onto the window's ledge, then break it open(interestingly enough, right where the portrait's neck was), before climbing through it. If I was still human, the shards of glass still stuck in the window would have left some rather nasty cuts all over me, but my new scales protected me from the worst of it.

Once I was in, I looked around, finding myself in what appeared to be some kind of bedroom or dressing room. I didn't dwell on my observations of it though, more intent on getting to the throne room, where it all happened. Luckily for me, and also due to Luswold's love for impressive, expensive things, the room led to a grand staircase that probably led to my destination. I did kind of have to break the wall down to get past it, but, well... it wasn't structural, so it didn't matter.

I burst into the throne room, scattering those I suspected were barricading the door. Sure enough, a simple glance told me the people were servants, and the pile of assorted furniture, clothing, and tools up against the door had to be their pathetic attempt for defenses.

Focus! My thoughts snapped. Look for your egg. Surely that girl didn't actually steal it?

With the servants being so terrified, they wouldn't dare to even look at me, I had some time to search before the Imperial Guard finally sucked up and pursued me. That is, assuming they didn't successfully capture Yopple...

He said he had fought before. I shouldn't be worried. I reassured myself, nosing underneath carpets, past tapestries, and behind the throne for any clues. Well... I shouldn't... But I am.

I ran back up the stairs to the window I had broken through. No signs of any Cassare dragons. I realized some of my selfishness-of course the girl would have taken the egg! I hated the thought of it, but I simultaneously was strung between priorities. Should I go back for Yopple? Should I try to find the egg first?

Whatever my decision was, I had to make it quick. The city of Cudahsai, at the mere sight of dragons, would never leave them tromping about for long.

Edited by skwerl56767

Irupi

It was supposed to be cold in snowy areas, at least that's what Irupi had heard. Apparently they weren't the smartest dragons, because Irupi was toasty warm up on the Alpine Weyr. Lumina didn't seem much worse off, but she too was chubbier than the average dragon if her species, much like Irupi himself. Perhaps that was why they were so cozy even up here on a mountaintop.

Regardless, Irupi and Lumina soon caught sight of a Grey dragon, a Bleeding Moon dragon, and Ludwig, the best friend Lumina had told Irupi about. Lumina ran over to Ludwig as fast as her overweight body could let her, and both of them promptly hugged.

Ludwig said, "How the heck did you fatten up so fast? Did you stuff yourself with copious amounts of chocolate like that one time?"

Lumina replied, "Yes, and I have a... er, boyfriend now. Someone who absolutely loves chocolate more than life itself. Come on over, Irupi."

Irupi walked over, leaving deep footprints in the snow. His belly was rotund enough to drag through the snow, so in addition to footprints, Irupi left a deep divot through the snow, and also a broom-like pattern with his lilac tail fur. Irupi introduced himself to Ludwig and to the other dragons in the immediate vicinity, and also asked, "Who wants chocolate?"

Amara Jades

I can sense emotions, and Neko has psychic dreams. Yeah, so it's kinda over-powered for him but to be fair they're really vague. And for me? Emotions are colors. If I touch someone who's mad, I see shades of scarlet and tangerine. If I touch someone who's sad, it's lavender, and the sadder they are, the darker purple it gets. I guess I've retained that skill because when I touched Flares, all I saw was black. Blacker than black. Like, even darker than midnight blue mixed with raven, indigo and obsidian. Which meant he was really, really, REALLY weak. Flame was just grey. Grey, grey, grey. Pigeon and silver and the color of shoes my mother used to wear. Which, in my color-emotion-language, is more nervous than a baby bird learning to fly (I would've used 'a hatchling' in that metaphor but honestly, the hatchlings that I've raised never seem to be nervous about flying).

Well, when I woke up, I was contemplating my power (which seems to have gotten stronger) when I heard someone moving outside. Suddenly I heard Pyro shout something, but like how I had first 'talked' to her, she was making more of speech-growls than actual words. Which, made me think- Is Pyro like me and Neko? Can I trust her with what happened? Hmm. Well, if this isn't a trap, and we do get there without being attacked by her or Tinselwings or this 'Mira' mentioned earlier and if she hasn't already asked, then I'll tell her. Besides, I'm the overly trusting one. Neko's the skeptic in our little group of 4 (Other than Pyro and her group). I came to the edge of the cave. I looked through the reeds, and yep, Pyro was outside.

I needed to get out. I started to take off, hoping I would get through the reeds without getting tangled, and Whoosh!, I was off. I just needed to be out of the stuffy cave. I didn't get much sleep, either, with the sound of Flame's talons clicking on the stone floor behind the niche in the hidden spot as she paced. I shot across the bay. I wanted to be by the water, and hopefully I could catch a fish or two. But I needed Sweetwater before I could do real fishing. Sweetwater Seafoam, the only Tsunami in Neko and my 'collection', for lack of a better word. She was a great fisher-dragoness (You know, like, fisherman, but she's a dragoness and not a human?). Sigh. I wish I had the smart idea of getting her before we left, but nope, I was too excited about the thought of being a dragon to be practical and wonder how I would get food. I laughed a tiny bit at my ignorance, subconsciously dive-bombing closer to the water. I loved the mist in my face. But I had to be careful, with my new Tsunami-Wyvern strength, I could potentially accidentally make a big wave and sweep out into the sea/kill with force of the water/drown Flame, Flares, Neko, and Pyro. I snapped back to reality as I nearly forgot to flap my wings and I almost fell in the water. I laughed again.

((Are Magis carnivores, herbivores, or omnivores?)

Edited by MyaMouse

Two weeks later...

Galho laughed. It sounded like something between a snort and a growl, combined with raucous guffaws transmitted through telepathy. I shot the Royal Crimson a hard glare. If I could have roasted him at that moment, I would have, though as the larger dragon he could easily overpower me. Without the strength to back up my threats, it would only be an embarrassment to myself if I tried to shut him up.

So I let him have his fun as he rolled across the ground, his movements throwing up clouds of volcanic ash. "Ahahaha! Lil' Quaksh wasn't kidding when he said! And your flying! I haven't seen more clumsy technique since I saw a balloon dragon got caught in turbulence!"

"Please stop whipping up a dust storm yourself, you lizard," came a more feminine voice, tone sharp and snapping. The Lumina dragon beat her wings to blow away the ash heading towards her. That was Myrdon's issue. Not a speck of dirt was worthy to touch anything other than the bottom of her talons and as such, everything had to be perfectly clean in her lair. I had banned her from entering my cave ages ago, else she would have completely thrown my de-alphabetized chaos back into order. She had waited patiently outside, at least, when she picked me up for a while for flying lessons. Quaksh was convinced that his time would be better spent tracking the magic signature of the girl who did this.

And so I was handed unceremoniously to the most vain of them all, who then handed me once a day to an old Grey (who, I had to admit, was an expert flight artist despite his old age). I don't know what either of them, Myrdon or Quaksh, were thinking, but I felt it wasn't to my convenience. It was as if, now that I lacked the power to bully them, they thought they had the right to do whatever they wanted. My form didn't matter, did it? I raised you ungrateful reptiles!

And now, while I had some practical experience with flight (I had read things from books and levitated with wind magic, but I never expected it to be so physically taxing!), this dragon had the gall to laugh at my poor situation. "This is no laughing matter, Galho. It's already been two weeks!" I paced in a tight circle, impatient to get on with the quest. "It's likely that she's been active recently, so now that I'm somewhat used to this body, we should get a move on! Who knows what foul rumors have been going around?!"

Myrdon nodded. "The sooner we get out of this filthy lair, the better. Why did we come here anyway?"

With a sweep of his tail, Galho threw some of the ash onto her with a sweep of his tail and the Lumina screeched, tumbling over from surprise into another pile of dust. In one swift motion, she unfurled both her wings, now stained black, and darted out.

I gave Galho a long stare. "It would be your best interest to get along. After all, you two are going to be my personal guards, since you're pretty much the only two I'd trust." I looked away. It was hard admitting that. Any other dragons who chose to stay, like Pewer, stayed for their clans. I felt -- I hoped -- that Myrdon and Galho would not have the gall to betray me. Only through brutal displays of honesty I could expect honesty back, that I knew.

"Can I quote you on that?" Galho asked, getting up and brushing himself off. His scales were still a dusty red, but he did not mind at all. "Unless lil' Quaksh objects, we should be on our way. Dawn's just risen, and we'll probably have to make haste if we're going to survey the lands while it's still bright."

As we stepped out of the lair, Myrdon rejoined us, her scales now a soft growing yellow instead of their usual shimmering white. Oh. I forgot that she plucked her dirty scales out instead of cleaning them like the rest of us. "Don't tell me he's tagging along...?!" Her look of disgust was evident even in her eyes. I was getting better at reading dragon expressions.

"The more the merrier, I say," came another voice. Quaksh dropped in from above, having come down in a dive and releasing his wings at the last second to land lightly. He had a bag draped around his neck, like I did. Looks like he wanted to tag along after all. "I haven't been able to trace the criminal, mistress, but I think I might have found a cure for your ailment."

"Are you kidding me." My telepathy was flat. "That was pretty dang fast. Check the formulas again; if it was that easy, everybody would be turning into dragons and vice versa."

"I'm itching to get going here," Galho cut in, "Can we talk while in the air?"

"You underestimate my genius, ma'am," Quaksh said simply, before taking off once more, followed by the Royal Crimson. I had to have a little bit of a running start before leaping into the air, and Myrdon lagged a bit behind, bringing up the rear.

"So what I found," Quaksh began again, his telepathy unaffected by the sound of rushing wind in my ears, "is essentially a reverse-engineering of the transmutation process. I'm sorry to say that I lied about the nature of my search."

"What." I said simply. Dang liar. It was the first time he'd lied to my face -- or at least the only time that I've found out.

"I figured a little time as a dragon would do you some good," the Magi replied, and before I could protest, he continued, "And from the way she has been going around transforming people, it would be more benificial to find a countermeasure. And it's by no means perfect, you know. Turning into a dragon was painful, but there could be a chance that turning back will cause death."

"So you're suggesting that we get some guinea pigs."

"That's exactly that I'm saying."

Now, where would there be cases of dragons not acting like dragons? Better question: where would be the most strategic place to strike with a dragon spell, if I were that girl?

"Buckle up, suckers," I ordered, banking sharply to the east, towards the rising sun. "We're heading to Cudahsai."

Not-Emperor Nacho Cheese

"Well. Whether I 'deserved' it or not, I was born royalty, I will live royalty, and I will DIE royalty! You can't argue with bloodlines, can you? " the squishy Cheese dragon snapped back. "Good luck melting me, for I am unmeltable! I will become human and go back to the throne once again!" The Emperor had swiped at Alex with cheese-claws. That guy obviously didn't know his weaknesses as a Cheese Dragon...

Me

My anger fit was getting worse. Nobody's words could make it to my eardrums. Only if I killed anybody would I realize after my rage fit was done. Wondering where all my power comes from? I know about as much as you do. It comes out when I get more than livid, so it doesn't happen often. Furisa attempted to latch on to me, and boy did she hang on tight. When I turned around to hit whatever was on my back, she fell off, causing my own beam to hit me.

My screech could be heard from so far away. A blood curdling screech, it was. I had to pause to regain energy, which, if I were the enemy, would think that that would be the perfect time to do something.

Alexander

Luswold was clearly very an idiot when it came to being a Cheese dragon. I did recall something an old friend had told me about her cheese dragons. I decided to tell Luswold for the sake of humor.

"Royalty you may be, but that doesn't stop you from being a cannibal. Apparently I was mistaken about you being totally unable to eat. Cheese dragons can eat, and they apparently find other Cheese dragons' 'meat' delicious. It's a bit unusual, and the few cheese dragons who dared to do so looked about as well-fed as an emperor would, so... Your call. I'm willing to call a truce, if, if, you tell me where Blade's egg is so she can get it. In addition to this truce, I will give you some cheese dragon 'meat' from time to time and let you, well, celebrate the cheese festival more often. Sound like a deal?" I noticed that Luswold wasn't as soft as i had expected, nor dried out. Perhaps his iron will really did mean he was unmeltable. If so, all the better. I wouldn't like it if he did end up melting to death. I never liked ironic deaths in plays that I had seen as a kid, they were always so lame.

Luswold the Blue

" I tell you where the egg is if you tell me where Esko is. I made that clear. I don't care about Cheese dragon eating right now! I care about that wolf boy! " Luswold was getting angry. Acts like this were always punishable by either the whip or death. Defiance was bad, and he would show that to the Moonstone. The moonstone that should be in his pits. He should be eating Cheese dragon with his guests! He would show the dragon that Emperor Luswold III isn't to be doubted

Alexander

"Last I saw Esko, he was in another desert town on the western edge, so your best bet is to stick with us for a bit and hold out wile we go back that way. I mean, if you try and go off on your own right now, in the heat of day, you'll at least get tired real quick, even if you don't melt. Stick with us, we know a nearby town that actually tolerates dragons, including you, and sometime soon, we will go looking for Esko. I can't guarantee that you actually will be able to do what you want with him, but we will help you find him."

Emperor Gassy Guta

"Excellent" he felt those words on his cheese lips. "I might as well. You told me his whereabouts, so I tell you where the egg is... The egg is in a chest deep underground, in a chamber near the pit. It is heavily guarded, so I don't know if a bunch of rag tag dragons will get in there. And obviously the city won't listen to me anymore. So, good luck. Well. I can't say that, I have to stick with you. If it means I find that wolf boy..."

Alex

"Of course it means you'll stay with us. I mean, we won't kill you. I don't even know if anyone here even likes cheese, much less the magically enchanted cheese you are made of. And, I'm sorry about getting so upset before. It's just the way your civilization works. But I will be leaving you here for a bit, I have to go find Blade and tell her where the egg is."

After that, I took off back towards Cudahsai to find Blade.

Flying a bit higher above the walls and such, it wasn't hard to find Blade, after all, she's blue on yellow. I began to descend, with the intent to hover above her and tell her where the egg was so she could go get it... by herself... because I needed to keep an eye on Luswold.

I flew back to Luswold after telling Blade where to find the egg, and landed lightly next to him. "Say, I never did get your opinion on my idea to feed you cheese dragon 'meat' now and then, though personally, I highly recommend at least trying it because of how much the other cheese dragons like to eat cheese dragon 'meat'."

((I fully intend to overfeed Luswold, but not to an extreme like Irupi. Luswold won't be nearly that fat.))

Yopple

Yopple walked up to them. "Come on, Blade! We have the location! I will help you bust in there. Just give me the word"

Emperor Help Me I Am Runnung Out Of Creative Names

"I always loved it as a human, and I still do now. Remind me to not nibble on myself. I will try it, see if this dragon forme has effected my taste buds"

Alex

"Glad you have an open mind. And yes, I will remind you."

((For everyone's sake, just call him Luswold the cheese Dragon.))

Luswold

"An open mind? Well, I am not cannable, since I AM a true human. I love cheese meat. It tastes different every time. Well, since you seem to be friendly enough, I guess I am not bothered by you. So, you told me you used to be human, right? I guess I can tolerate you if you are a fellow human" Luswold WAS bothered at how he became a PATHETIC dragon.

((What am I supposed to write lol))

((I'm assuming that Yopple is with Alex and Luswold?? I'm guessing they'll follow anyway.))

My tail twitched, as I decided to keep searching for the egg. I was still on a time limit though, and eventually, I could hear banging on the barricaded doors of the palace.

Great. I thought. I better wrap up. As I positioned myself though to attack whoever busted down the doors first though, I heard footsteps coming down the staircase. I whipped around.

Oh, thank goodness! I thought the Imperial Guard had the magnificent idea of just going through the window like I did! It was just Alex, who hastily told me some uplifting news: the egg wasn't crushed or lost, simply stored in a chamber near the death-pit! I thanked him, and he promptly left without another word. I followed him out the window, but when I took flight I instead went toward the mountains. I kept glancing behind me, still worried about Yopple, but if he was caught, it was too late to do anything now.

Focusing my attention back to the egg, I remembered a chamber that fit the description, though I was a bit unsure on where Alex got that intel from. I went into a dive, as the stench and horrific sight of the death pits, just outside the city, came into view.

It was a dragon's Hell. Spikes protruded from its steep sides, trapping anyone who managed to survive, with converted Cassares dominating the posts around it to suck away the strength of magic-wielding dragons thrown in. If a dragon did manage to crawl its way out, the thick barrier of barbed wire and the ballistae surrounding it would take them down-and the ballistae here didn't use rope nets, they uses mace-balls. It was a parched, bloody, spiky death filled with despair.

And not far from it, the mighty entrance to the mines. Any dragon thought fit or yielding enough was given a yoke, tied up to other dragons, and forced to work in there as beasts of burden. But I was more interested in the small cave next to the mine entrance. I knew they raised dragons in there, and what eggs the public didn't immediately destroy out of pure fear was snatched by the guards and stuck in there. Once a hatchling hatched and was given a number, it was nothing more than a pawn to be used. Like those Cassares.

I shot the towers a dirty look as I neared, and I saw some of the chained dragons look up at me. They didn't know any better-I was just an intruder, and pointing out intruders gave them a helping of meat. So the first one, of course, shrieked his mighty lungs out. The others soon followed, in this nasty chorus of hoarse, parched throats that have been used for nothing more than screaming.

I ignored the clunks of the ballistae, as they were aimed at me. My only goal was to reach that raising cave in time. If I was shot down, well... I was determined to not go into those pits!

" My poor comrades." I murmured, only half-sympathetic as I went into a dive. " If only they knew who I was!"

The first round was fired, and the rods flattened out into a flying dragon's ultimate doom. I did a roll(and thankfully I knew how to get out of it this time), and managed to avoid it by a hair's breath. The next shot caught me on the wing, flipping me about in a confused daze, but I promptly righted myself and continued on course. Almost there...

SNAP! I turned my head. That wasn't a ballista at all! But my diversion of focus proved my downfall, as another clunk greeted me, and with it, a net of chains with tiny spiked balls covering every joint. It tightened around my wing and I felt pain, with my scales being the only thing between it and my flesh-I would have had a uselessly torn wing had I not had those scales. I panicked briefly as I became disoriented with the sudden immense weight on my wing and began to lose altitude. And frantic flapping with my free wing proved futile.

I crashed into the earth-hard. There was no sand to cushion the impact this time, just exposed stone, and I felt the force shake my body and leave me in a daze. My left side throbbed with pain, and I waited a bit so I could focus.

I could see guards gathering around me-not the Imperial Guard, but the nastier ones surrounding the mines to protect it from thieves(we always called them the Foul Guards, because of their repulsive behavior), but all they did was jab at the air surrounding me with their spears. I shook my head clear and tried to lift my trapped wing, trying to make sense of the scene. I was prepared to have them drag me away! What were they doing?

SNAP SNAP!! It was the sound of ropes giving way to strain. I looked to the raising cave. Oh... that's why they weren't doing anything... When did Luswold authorize the breeding of guard dragons?! In front of me, heavily restrained by ropes that obviously weren't enough, was a raging, red dragon. As soon as we made eye contact, it let out a huge roar. I let out a half-growl, half-whimper, as the noise bombarded my eardrums, and it was followed by thousands of more snaps as the beast broke free. The guards quickly cleared a path for it leading to me, and I quickly made the connection.

They were going to let us fight, and if they were that confident that this dragon could beat me, that meant it was a hefty opponent. It was already bigger than I was, and I was weighed down by a heavy net. But I wouldn't lose a battle! I trained for years as a human for a situation like this-I just had to imagine than I was still an apprentice, and the red dragon was just a larger opponent. I could win!

I answered its roar of challenge, and it huffed, nostrils flared.

" You roar puny. Mine better." It boasted. " You die now!"

" At least you get to the point." I snarled. We both growled at each other, the red pawing at the stone as if he was eager to start already. The guards lowered their weapons, anticipating a good show. I stood up awkwardly, my left wing still heavier than myself. I may have to drag it around uselessly... but I'll figure it out.

I'll fight this dragon, as it's the only thing standing between me and MY EGG!!

Edited by skwerl56767

((Uh, Yopple went with Blade, remember? Edit: Yopple))

Yopple

Yopple followed Blade into the pit. It was foul. It was a death yard. Converted Cassares stood around, blocking magic. Yopple had felt bad for them: they could be living much better than this. He heard a screech. Must have been the slaves. After all, they got extra stuff if they caught escapers, did they not? Then Yopple saw a Red dragon challenge Blade. No! Blade needs to focus on getting that egg!

"GARG!" Yopple crashed into the Red dragon. "Your roar is puny!" Then I looked at Blade. "You focus on getting the egg! I will hold this guy off! Go, now!" Then Yopple let out a roar that made the Red's sound like a whisper. Yopple got ready for a real fight. Yopple started to claw at this dragon.

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Alex

After mere moments after Luswold had responded to me, I saw Blade flying off to the mountains, a speck in the distance by the time I had noticed. I saw her go down, and that's when I panicked. I told Luswold to stay put, and took off towards Blade.

When I did get close enough to see Blade clearly, unease formed in my chest. Blade was about to face off against a huge, heavily muscled red dragon, and she didn't look too good. For now, all I could do was fly around to the left and hide using my previously mentioned camouflage spell... Except I couldn't.

By the time I had gotten close enough to be seen, I realized that there were many Cassares all around, and that my camouflage spell was nulled. I practically roared in frustration at how much the Cassare's natural magic nulling power was being a problem today. First, Yopple accidentally drained my Mana crystal, then he makes it impossible to stealth into the castle, and now these Cassares null my camouflage too!

I knew I had been spotted as soon as the Cassares looked right at me. Luckily for Blade, the red dragon did, too. Now she had a chance to strike while his focus was on me, though I might be severely injured by the time that happened. Already a Cassare had taken off in an attempt to stop me, at the command of one of the humans near it. I turned tail and began flying away, but then, the hefty weight that was my tail orb reminded me of its existence. I recalled that I had clubbed Luswold with it, why not this guy?

I flew directly away from the death-pit, and the Cassare followed closely. Exactly as I had planned. He pumped his wings furiously in an attempt to catch me, which was also to plan. The best part was the actual attack, as I slammed on some 'air brakes' by putting my wings out sideways and vertically, I also twisted about to swing my tail orb at the Cassare, and as he zoomed towards me, my tail orb met his forehead with a loud Thunk! and he began to fall towards the ground, completely unconscious.

I now had a genius plan to help Blade. I flew back to the death-pit as fast as I could, and within moments, I was back with Blade.

((What happens next depends on what Blade and the Red dragon does.))

Amara Jades

I flapped hard, trying to stay above the water without making waves. I flew over a school of fish, and looking back to make sure I was out of sight, then looking back to the fish, I dove headfirst into the water, sending up a sharp wave as if a torpedo was shot into the ocean. I had my eyes closed, and when I felt my talons wrap around two large fish, I pulled myself out of the water and shook the droplets off my face, then giving the fish I clenched in my talons a quick bite in the gills, soon rendering them lifeless. I would've eaten it all right then and there, but I decided to save some for Flame and Neko. They ate that, right? Neko and I loved fish as humans, and I know that Magis are carnivorous, or I think so, so why wouldn't they? Plus, Flame would be tired and hungry tending to Flares, and Neko wouldn't know how to hunt, so I suppose if I'm gonna catch fish for me, I might as well for the rest of them.

I flew back to shore with ease, dropping the fish by the cave entrance for later. Both of my new friends were herbivores, so I couldn't exactly get food for them. I could go kill some poor animal for Flares but I hate killing animals. Even killing those fish was hard, but I was hungry and food comes before feelings when you're starving. Speaking of starving- I went over and grabbed one of them. I ate half, saving the rest for Neko and Flame and myself later if there was any left.

When I saw Yopple crash into the red dragon, I had an instant reaction of over-protection.

" I'm not leaving you to face that guy alone!" I retorted. One of the nearby Cassares on the towers broke free of his restraints, heading for something blue flying overhead. " Alex..." I grumbled. I didn't expect the two of them to actively engage my enemies. But it was too late to do anything now.

The red dragon snapped at Yopple, yellow eyes brimming with hate.

" You bring friends?" He huffed. Yopple let out a huge roar, that made the red back off in surprise, and made me look at him in astonishment. I didn't expect such a battle-cry from him! The red's hesitance at the noise gave Yopple a chance to scratch at his face, and he grunted and took a couple of steps back. " Not expect Cassare!" He snapped. " Grr... " He attempted to side-attack me with a swipe of his tail, but I used my own tail for defense. I growled at the jarring blow, but the piece of metal arching from my tail's tip took most of the damage.

With Yopple distracting the Red, I aimed a claw-strike at the dragon's underbelly. To my surprise, the scales weren't as protective as they looked-I left long bloody streaks behind. The dragon let out a bit of a shriek and turned to me, locking his jaws on my wing and using his own wings to deter Yopple.

" Agh!! I hissed, using my teeth on his back, but the heavy plates on it were a lot thicker and denser than his underbelly. The Red suddenly let go when there was a crash nearby us. I glanced behind me, past his massive head, and saw an unknown Cassare crash into the stone, landing just behind him, Alex. He seemed a bit proud of himself, like he had just thought up the grandest thing.

" Get his belly!" I told both him and Yopple. The Red growled as I shared his weakness with them, crunching down on my wing. I shrieked and retaliated with my horns, aiming at his head and almost catching his eye with my undamaged horn. With the blows from my horns and the plate on my forehead, which protected me from the jarring impacts, the Red would have a few bruises to think about. And he was getting frustrated.

Edited by skwerl56767

Yopple

Yopple snorted. "You didn't expect me? Well. I didn't expect such horrible skills in speech." When the Red bit into Blade, Yopple shrieked in fury and got into a battle stance. When Blade told him to get the belly, Yopple rammed his horns into that area. Then he slashed with his claws, starting to get dangerously close to a fatal area. I don't want to kill him. I just want to get him off of Blade. Yopple then tried to pull down the Red's horn while locking onto the underbelly with his back claws.

Alex

Blade was looking pretty bad, so I decided to put my plan into action. For this big brute, a simple front flip wouldn't give me the force I needed.

Instead, I took to the skies, flying higher and higher, until I began to feel the air thin, like on a mountaintop. I immediately reversed, and pulled my wings into a dive-bombing position. I aimed a bit off to the side of the Red, and then, at the last moment, spread my wings to the full extent, pulled out of my dive, swooped past the Red's face, and with a flick of my tail, smashed his cheekbone with my tail orb. Such force was enough to elicit a loud crack, along with his head being whipped to the side. Such force was also enough to make my tail orb crack. It hurt more than I could have thought possible. My vision went red, and I began to lose altitude, and quickly began skidding along the ground, and tumbling, too. Pretty soon, I blacked out, unable to withstand the pain of my broken tail orb. I just hoped Yopple would have the foresight to back up if someone tried to heal my injuries.

Edited by Alexander_Drake