Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

((Aaaand we are back))

Me

I was about to shoot another beam when a rock hit my face. I stopped for a second, seeing a silver dragon roar. I laughed hard. What were these fools doing? I needed to get Furisa. She was hiding behind the white for some reason. Can't she see that they are the enemy? Her stealers? I roared back and prepared to shoot another beam when...

((Pyro have at it))

Yopple

The Bright orange Cassare flew fast. Where was that cheese puff? He would eat him later. Especially if he touched Esko. That guy wated to kill him, he was sure. Esko was wanted in all dragon hating towns and cities. Yopple then sighted the cheese dragon. "Hey, I found Emperor Holes here! Hey!"

Luswold

The ex-emperor looked up. "Well about time! We need to go now! Imperial guards might come after us again! Now, how does this work.." The cheesey tried to fly. He flapped and flapped and eventually started to fly.

?????

Their mask started to smell. Ugh, I can't take this off or it will blow my cover. Their wolf ears flickered. Stupid dad for giving me THESE. I look like a freak. A masked figure stood, wearing a cloak with the hood up. In the desert. They were starting to overheat, so they had to find cover. Just before finding cover, they saw a moonstone, a guardian, a cheese and a bright orange cassare flying together. The hell? Why is a cheese dragon in extreme heat? And is that..THE Yopple? Father told me about him. Half Magi, no? The figure picked up their Sythe as a little ghost thingy came out of a box on their pant leg. "So, are we going to kill something? I am ready!" He said, rubbing his stubby cute hands together.

"Not yet. We shall see where this goes. You never know about Dragons. They can be unpredictable." The figure walked over, with the ghost thing by their side.

((Fun fact: Yopple is half magi.

Also, I will leave it up to you to find out who the figure is and who their dad is. You will find out eventually, muahahaha))

((Oh dear. I adore ghosts. This might be a problem. xd.png)

Blade

" Emperor Holes!" I echoed with a snicker, braking a little. Watching Luswold try and take off was just too funny. But I stifled my laughs so I wouldn't harm my egg. I intended to land, but I figured since Luswold was (trying) to join us in the air, I simply circled the area a bit. I caught a bit of his chatter about the Imperial Guard, and habitually glanced over my shoulder. I imagined chaos had already taken over the city, so the guards would either be pushing back eager emperor-to-be's, or trying to seize control themselves.

Some of those guards were my friends...

I was distracted though by a figure walking toward us, in the distance. I didn't say anything at first, as it didn't look like anyone from the city, but it could have been the blinding glare of the sun as it bounced off the sands back at me. I didn't get a good look at the figure, presuming it was just a human, not something to worry about.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Er,would it be wise to put up a list of spells Pyro knows? It's going to be pretty long, but...))

Pyro

My eyes narrowed as the golden wyvern payed me no heed. Years of traveling certainly helps one learn to use some of the more mundane spells to your advantage, after all. I mentally reached toward the mana, quickly going through a plan of assault or general what-to-dos. The golden wyvern paused for a moment of thought, then opened his mouth, likely to breathe whatever breath weapon he had, giving me a nice oppertunity to suddenly squirt a stream of water into his mouth. Fine, it wasn't a strong stream, like the kinds for putting out wildfires and such, in fact, it was actually for campfires, but suddenly getting water... Well, anywhere, is usually a shock to most creatures. Without pausing from that, I used as much of the light mana as I can to create a bright light in front of his eyes, hopefully blinding him for the duration of the spell.

((Short post is short, but I still am in a busy weekend.))

Me

I felt water squirt in my mouth. Seriously? That is what I thought until a light blinded me. I roared and shot a rather powerful beam in any random direction.

Luswold

"Exuse me, I have just become a dragon." Luswold tried to glare at Blade as Yopple laughed hard.

Yopple

"Oh man, that was HILARIOUS!!! Wait, who is that?" Yopple stopped laughing to point out the figure on the sands.

???

"Ugh. Come on, L. The Cassare thing pointed us out. When I tell you to, Attack." The figure told his ghost thingy. He walked up. "You know, it is rude to point and stare." The figure said louder.

((Also, pay attention to this, the prequel to this. That is how it all started. Warning: you will find a very big surprise there!))

((More stories? YAY! Nothing could go wrong! xd.png))

((It may not be wise Pyro, but you can do it if you want. It'll help you keep track of everything your character knows.))

I laughed with Yopple a bit, but distracted my soon-mockery of the cheesy dragon again to the figure down on the sands. It started shouting at us, so I landed to hear a little better.

Hmm, still need to work on that. I thought, landing a bit clumsily and showering sand all around me. I shook stray particles from my scales and pushed the egg up a little tighter in my mouth, so maybe it wouldn't see it.

" Excuse us about the staring, we're just a little cautious about humans because of-OH WOW! What is that adorable little thing?!" My telepathy was obviously overridden by my surprise, as I noticed a small, translucent critter floating near the human. It was so cute! It reminded me of the little plushies that would be sold at the annual Harvest Festival. I used to hoard those! Ahem, erm, not like I'm really girly or anything... Uh, just forget about that last part. But I'm telling you, it was really hard for me to refrain from cuddling the snot out of it.

I turned to the others. " Hey guys! Come down here! You have to see this cute little duo!" I turned back to the two strangers, a huge, friendly draconic smile on my face." Awwwww... so, what are your names?"

Edited by skwerl56767

((Lol the guy won't be happy.))

Yopple

"Blade, you don't call someone cute who is with a hooded figure armed with a sythe." Yopple sighed. Yopple landed next to her. For some reason, he felt the slightest feeling of comfort near her. He shook his head. No no no. He leaned his head. Wait, those eyes. Bright green eyes.

Like....

No no no. Esko never had a child. He never even fell in love. He told me that. He would never lie. Just never. He raised us all with care, like we were his children. Yopple looked at them. "Yes, we would love to hear your names."

???

"EXCUSE ME YOU HUNK OF SCALES I AM NOT CUTE I-" the ghost yelled until the figure cupped their hand on the ghost's mouth. "Sorry, he hates that. Names? Fine. My name is Tulvir, and this is L. We...travel together." Tulvir sighed. "Jeesh."

"What is your last name?" Yopple asked.

"Nothing. I don't like to talk about it." Tulvir said grumply, crossing his arms.

L's outburst just made me grin.

" I already like both of you." I decided, though Yopple seemed a bit uneasy. What was wrong with him?

The stranger, Tulvir, didn't seem to like giving out much personal information, which I didn't mind too much. Though he looked an awful lot like a reaper, and L's company just stressed it, which made me wonder who exactly he was. Perhaps Tulvir didn't actually exist in the real world? He could be a phantom!

For whatever reason, the thought didn't scare me in the slightest. It just made me even more curious.

" If you don't mind, could you tell us where you're headed?" I asked. " You're certainly not normal, from what I can tell. Probably not from the Jehumuh Desert either. It seems odd that you'd be way out here."

Tulvir

Tulvir looked at the Guardian. "Well, I suppose I can tell that to you. I am searching for somebody. Someone who can give me answers." He shuffled his feet. "I have been looking for chances to...'get revenge' on this guy, you can say. For years. He's responsible for many things in my life. He is one of the most popular tamers around. He lives, or lived, on a glorious home high in the Alpine Mountains. Well, lived. Recently, I went to check the area, and I found the house in burned ruins. Serves him right, that jack ass. Though I would be dissapointed if I didn't get to him myself...oh well. So I come from the Alpine, and I am headed to the Eastern Desert ((that was where the town was, right?)) to find him. If he is still alive." Tulvir clenched his fist and spat out the word he like poison.

((This is the part when the characters ask who "he" is.))

((D: AAHHHH Alex I just noticed the Black Tea I gave you has a missing pixel! Ooohhh, that's going to drive my OCD crazy...))

((And I think we're in the northwestern desert, the biggest one. I don't think anyone has been to the other smaller desert yet. Unless I'm completely turned around?))

My tail twitched at the sudden hostility. Whoever this person was, he had to be horrid to warrant such a desire for vengeance! My mind instantly began conjuring horrid images of Tulvir and his cute ghost buddy being tortured, Cudahsai-style.

No. I couldn't stand it.

" We could help you find this person, as long as you direct us." I mused. " But I'm saying this now, for myself and anyone who agrees with me: If he isn't as horrible as you say he is, there's no way I'm backing you up in a fight." There's a fine line between protecting the innocent and protecting the guilty. My old commander's words echoed in my mind. I had to be careful to not tread that line. " Do you know this person's name? I know a few trading outposts he might be in."

Tulvir

"Oh, he is that horrible." Tulvir sighed before looking straight into the Guardian's eyes. The words would be enough to surprise everybody there.

"The one I am looking for is my father, a ****ing *sshole who seduced my mother and got her pregnant. I am looking for answers. And his name is..."

((Wait for it,))

Tulvir sighed as he summoned the strength to say the name. "His name..

His name is Esko Arkus, the most manipulative and sly jack *ss you will ever see."

Yopple

Yopple's jaw dropped. "WHAAAAA??????!!!!! Hold on.... Esko never had a son. Nor a love. "That is a damn LIE! He would NEVER do that! I know, I was RAISED FROM THE EGGSHELL BY HIM!! You LIAR!" Yopple stomped towards Tulvir, who stepped back.

"Think I lie, but I am the living proof. Look at what's under the mask." And the human took off the mask and pulled down the hood. Yopple gasped. Almost a spitting image. Exept for a streak of sky blue.

"No no no no. Coincidence. Must be. Esko never would. He is too kind and caring."

"Think again, glowing orange scalebag. What do you think?"

Esko. That name rang a bell... Oh yeah! Alex and Yopple were looking for him!

Yopple's explosive outburst at the mention of name proved it all the more. Taking care that I didn't grit my teeth and put too much pressure on my egg, I watched as they both fought. Yopple claimed lies, Tulvir insisted on it and pulled off his mask, revealing an all-so-plushy face with wolf ears. D'aw... Maybe I should have gotten a pet dog.

" So wait... " I interrupted, putting the two arguments together. " If I'm hearing this right... you're that guy's son? But I heard he was a dragon! That's why Alex was buddies with him! Right Alex?" I turned to the Moonstone for support. " This doesn't make sense to me... why would this Esko guy be horrid, if you're his son? My foster parents at least cared a little." I paused, thinking. " I won't help you destroy your bloodline. But, I am interested in knowing why you hate him so much, and why you need to find him. And until you tell me that, I'm not taking you anywhere."

"Yeah, Esko is a Golden Wyvern right now. He's doing fairly well actually, last I saw." I shifted uneasily away from Yopple.

Tulvir

He looked up. "Not every father is kind to his son. The few times I saw him...a result of protection lacking...that's what he called me. I was the result of him wanting some fun and finding a random girl to seduce! The worst part...mother DIED after I was born! I never knew her...and I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!" Tulvir fell to his knees and pounded the ground.

"Oof, a bad subject to remind him about. All y'all need to know is that he wants to find out more about his mom and why he did such a thing." The ghost, L, said to them. "Shh, Tul, it's okay..."

The boy continued. "And he didn't bother helping my friends who suffered a similar fate! Becoming a dragon! I managed to heal the one, but the other...that wretched man exploded the ground around us, sending us flying everywhere. He sucked up my energy, keeping me from healing the other one! That jack *ss censorkip.gif***, I WILL FIND HIM!!!!"

Yopple

"Others turned into a dragon? You could heal them?" Yopple leaned in.

"Yes, but that censorkip.gif*** sucked my energy. I HAVE to use the energy of souls. And not even ten souls could do it. The spell is beyond me now." Tulvir looked at the Cassare. And the Guardian. And the Moonstone. "I am sorry."

((Yeah, Tulvir can be pretty dramatic))

Blade

I admit, I had to take a step back from the sudden drama, now internally confused. First I wanted to help, then I didn't want to help at all, now I was empathetic but still not wanting to help... dang, these new instincts of mine!

While thoughts were flying about in my head, the only thing that came out was... " Huh?"

I had no inkling of what Esko was like, other than what Yopple told me(and I admit I was kind of eavesdropping on his and Alex's conversations). Now I had new information that he wasn't such a nice guy. But Alex doesn't come across as the type who would become friends with such a creature, and Yopple stands with him. So who do I believe? Wolf-boy and his ghost critter, or two dragons I've been with for longer? I honestly liked both parties.

" How about this..." I started slowly. " We'll take you to him-presuming he hasn't moved and Alex remembers where they split up-and we can let you guys chat, but no further! No brawls, no drama, nothing, just reasoning. Agreed?" Ugh, this is what happens when you sign up to be a guard. The fighting and the victories celebrated with ham was all just lovely, but you had to be prepared to deal with this stuff, especially the stress you undergo when the two clashing sides both happen to be sides you like..

Well... I did ask for it. And hauling around an egg will just give me more to worry about.

???

He shivered when the air coming through the dark walls was suddenly warm and moist. Unnaturally so. What was happening? He had no light to see, and no room to move, yet everything was getting wetter by the second. He tried to move his paws to create an air bubble where he could breathe, and found a more normal patch further down by his belly. Not that he knew what a belly, or paws, even were. But he knew they were somehow a part of him.

He relaxed in this new position, which was a bit tight, but not uncomfortable. It was easy-going, until he suddenly felt this hostile energy. It made him prickle with unease, a new feeling to him. What was it? What was this bad thing, seeping through the walls? Did it bring the moist air with it? Was it a bad omen? His mind could barely comprehend what might happen, if it was something bad.

He tucked back down toward his belly, and tried to relive those foggy memories, of being in a beautiful land where everything was happy and fulfilling, with purpose and a sort of aurora of serenity, to block out that forbidding feeling... but those memories were fading fast. So fast, he couldn't even remember who he knew there, or the scents he used to recognize. Oh, what he would give to see that shining light again, instead of this dismal darkness!

Tulvir

Tulvir stood up. "Well, I guess I can roll with that. As long as Cassare here refrains from worshipping that censorkip.gif around me, got it?" Tulvir shot a glare at the Cassare. Then he returned to his poker face. "So, Alex, where do we go? Lead the way." The wolf ears flickered. Stop reminding me, dammit!

Yopple

"ExUSE me, I do not WORSHIP him. Anyways, lead the way. We got the egg, and now this kid. So, lead the way back to Esko."

((I think Alex and co. can run into Pyro and Esko fighting, whaddya think?))

((Sure.))

Now thoroughly confused, I used the sun to determine which way Esko had been when I had left him, and when I had figured it out, I set off, asking for Tulvir and the others to follow.

It was a long walk, but as I climbed a high dune, I saw something very distressing. Esko, nowhere near the town, and two - no, three other dragons: A White, an Electric ((Or thunder)) and Furisa. The worrying bit was Furisa seemed to have sided with the two stranger dragons rather than Esko.

Tulvir

"HAHA! EVEN A HATCHLING KNOWS BETTER!! HAHA-" Tulvir remembered something by seeing the hatchling. The little one looked like.....oh sh*t, no. Tulvir laughed. "YOU DICKBAG, YOU DESERVE IT!!!" Tulvir was jumping up and down behind a dune. "Control yourself..." L reminded him.

Yopple.

"That is him? It must be! Oh no, he is in the fit of anger!! MASTER NO!!" Yopple rammed into his master. The two rolled onto the sands, Yopple desperately trying to calm him. Eventually, Yopple managed to get through. I looked around.

Me

"Oh my...what happened? YOPPLE! I missed you, buddy! Sorry if I caused you any distress, my anger got a hold of me. Nice to meet you, my name is Esko. You- Alex!" I ran to the Moonstone. "Who is the guardian?"

"Sir, this is Blade, another human dragon thing." Yopple introduced me to her.

"Well. Nice to meet you!" I held my clawed hand out to her. Then I looked around. "Furisa, come here!" The little one seemed a little wary to approach me, but she did. I embraced her. I was happily chatting when-

Out of nowhere, a hooded, masked kid jumped hugh into the air and dug a sythe into my back. I roared loud and tried to shake the person off my back. Instead, they took the syth and put it to my neck. "Give me answers, DICKBAG. About mother!" The figure said, holding the blade tight to my neck. I looked to Alex for help. "Who is this kid? Help? Mother?"

The kid leaned in close. "You know who." He whispered harshly.

When Tulvir started threatening Esko, I knew he was either crazy, serious, or just evil. I was honestly confused, and decided to sit this one out. If Esko really was Tulvir's dad, then this was a family matter and also none of my business.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Blade

I followed Alex, but he seemed a bit confused, and the confusion became worse as he suddenly stopped at the top of a dune. I proceeded to the crest with him, and saw a Golden Wyvern, eyes blacker than night, growling viciously at a white feathery dragon and a Thunder Dragon, who was sheltering a golden hatchling. Dang, there were so many dragons. I really needed to expand my knowledge a bit.

There was a flurry of reactions regarding the scene; Tulvir laughing at the wyvern, L disapproving of his excitement, Yopple charging into the wyvern, and the wyvern's eyes suddenly returning to normal as he recognized the orange Cassare. The golden hatchling that was sheltering underneath the Thunder finally ran back over to the wyvern-it looked like his hatchling??

I was confused about it all, proceeding slowly down the dune to the scene. These guys were going to get flooded by questions.

The Golden Wyvern seemed to recognize Alex as well, and of course with me being a huge dragon, it was hard to miss me. It was a friendly reunion, so I presumed the wyvern was Esko? So we finally found him!

" Who is the guardian?" Esko asked. Yopple quickly introduced me, and the wyvern extended his wing in greeting; for humans, that was like shaking hands. I was about to return the gesture, but I caught a familiar figure arching up from behind him, scythe raised high, and digging it down into his back. My mouth fell open in shock, causing my once-concealed egg to fall to the ground. Tulvir didn't even hesitate!!

Tulvir brought the scythe back out and put it up against Esko's neck. Esko honestly look panicked, looking at Alex for help, who backed up nervously. He didn't know what to do...

I did.

" TULVIR!!" I roared with such intensity, the ground seemed to shake-or maybe that was my unwonted lungs complaining at me. I quickly swiped my tail at the cloaked figure, hoping to dislodge him from his vantage point. " Physical interrogation is not okay! Get down at once!!"

???

The hostility left at first, and he calmed at this, though wishes of being free still fluttered about in his head. Well, ask for it, and it shall be given. He twitched slightly as all of a sudden, there was a great momentum that came from nowhere, throwing his compact form about, and the momentum suddenly ended with a great crash. His whole body shook. What happened?!?! Was it the bad thing? It was the bad thing, wasn't it!? Waiting for him to get comfortable, so it could shake his entire frame!

He looked up slowly, as things started to calm down, despite the panic he was feeling. He was almost blinded though, by a small, sharp light, bleeding through one of the walls. Directly in front of him, through a small crack.

Oh no! He bemoaned. What have I done? My safety! My utter safety! He couldn't talk, or move, or assign names to things, but he understood feelings all the same, and right now he felt sorrow and a sort of internal pain. Why did he wish so earnestly for freedom? Now this bright thing comes through the walls! He wished for the comforting darkness again, but the light filled him with a spark of curiosity.

No. I won't be tempted. It is bad! Yet, for the longest time, he stared at that beckoning light... Perhaps it held the key to the freedom he desired?

((I see what you did there...))

Tulvir

"No, I will not. I will keep this here, and if he says something stupid, I will slit his throat. After all, he deserv- ACK!" Tulvir said as Yopple plucked him off and dropped him onto the sands.

Yopple

"Sorry sir, that kid is a lunatic. He claims you to be his horrible siducive father"

Me

Oh no. He found me! Did they see how easily he pierced my back? If he finds me out, I am done for! Well, who would believe him? I can easily smooth talk these guys. I haven't done any of that spheel for a long time, but now is when I need it. "Son? I never had a son! If I did, I would never abuse him! I now have a daughter, Furisa here, and she is my precious gem! I treat her with loving care! Why would a son be different?" I put my innocent tone on. Nobody will know who I really am. Nobody. Never. "Who would I have the son with?"

"Who do you think! I look EXCACTLY like you! Except for this streak!" Tulvir pointed at the sky blue line.

"I am sorry, there are coincidences. Even the wolf ears. I am sorry, but I am not your father. Alex, Blade, what did he tell you about me? I don't even know this kid." I said. I am telling you, I was the best at lying.