Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

Alexander

Goodness. Esko could do that? No way. He would have to drink pure mana to have that kind of power, and as far as I knew, that much mana would kill a human. So Esko clearly wasn't normal.

Ignoring that for the time being, I bought chocolate for Yopple and Blade. I bought extra for Blade, because personally I liked her. I also told her, "If you want more, I'll buy you more."

((That means that Skwerl is free to narrate me buying more for Blade if she so desires.))

*((The size is an assumption, as that chart Fractional Pi Day presented doesn't have the measurement for Cassares.))

The perfect war weapon...

I huffed. I liked fighting! It's why I became a guard! Despite all of the jeers and complaints that women couldn't become guards. Though, the information that Esko was once in Cudahsai was interesting... I must have been too young to remember his presence. He does sound like a rather interesting fellow.

Looking at my two new friends, I was glad to have them as company. I figured I would venture back to Cudahsai alone, but I will definitely have a better chance with a Moonstone and a Cassare by my side!

I was eager to leave already, so after we dined on some chocolate(my taste buds EXPLODED! Wow, it was so good!! I made Alex buy me another pound, just so I could savor the flavors), I was practically bounding back the way I came. But something occurred to me, that made my wings and tail droop.

" I... have no idea how to fly." I admitted sourly. I was bigger than both of them*, and I couldn't fly! I wanted to wallow in self-misery, but I couldn't do that-I just had to step up and accept my humility. And any help that might be provided. After all, I wasn't sure my paws would let my charge over the sands again; I might just end up leaving a bloody trail behind me as the grains cut into their raw forms.

No. That wouldn't do. I had to figure out how to fly, without spinning and crashing into stuff. It was essential, especially if I ever came up against an opponent who could, and I was stuck, helpless, on the ground.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Heck yeah, Esko isn't normal! I may explain more later. There is a cool story behind it))

Yopple

Now he worried for Esko again. "Ah, I shouldn't worry much. Esko could summon wisps of that power while calm, and he can control his anger very well. Kill someone he cares for, and you will regret it as soon as his eyes darken." Yopple heard Blade say she couldn't fly. "Aye. I can help you through it. So.." Yopple started guiding Blade through flight.

((Sorry for a short post. My phone screen refuses to turn sideways))

((xd.png That's fine. Let's say you both throw in suggestions while I clumsily flap around. And I would love to know the story behind Esko, Esko. Gee, that sounds kind of weird.))

Both dragons immediately began helping, and I was surprised. We walked a ways out of the town so I wouldn't cause any chaos, and Yopple started instructing me on proper flying, and though I was still unsure on whether or not he was once a human too, I was glad to be able to put my wings to use. After several humorous take-offs and landings(and several face-plants into the sand), I managed to at least get my balance right. No more spinning like a mad rocket into brick walls! Alex put in a couple of tips as well, for steering and elevation gain. The hardest I ever had to do was power-flap-that is, taking off without a running or jumping start. My wings ached after that.

But anyway, after all of that work, I felt like resting for a while, but at the same time I couldn't, not knowing the fate of that egg. And since both Alex and Yopple have agreed to accompany me to the city of Cudahsai, I better get a move-on. Hopefully, nothing bad has happened to that egg.

I turned my head south, facing the way we came. " Should we take Lazuli with? She might not be comfortable, being here by herself." I asked. I still had a hard time imagining dragons and humans as friends, but now I knew it certainly wasn't impossible.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

"It's certainly possible she would be terrified of coming to a town that was utterly hostile to all dragons, so I would recommend we tell her the full story about what we want to do so that she knows what she could get herself into if she wanted. Otherwise we may lose her trust, and I don't want that! She's my only candidate for a girlfriend! Oops, don't tell her I said that."

I nodded. " Your secret is safe with me... unless she asks. I'm a horrific liar." I suppressed a laugh. We went to find Lazuli, and she didn't seem to mind being left behind-I could tell by the look in her eyes that the last place she wanted to be was a place like Cudahsai. So without another word, I proceeded out of town to get some room for take-off.

At first, I just sat back on my haunches, staring at the sky and remembering what I had been taught. Then I spread my wings and made a couple of bounds, flapping hard. After a couple of tires I managed to get airborne, and stay there. I waited for Alex and Yopple to follow me though before I started heading anywhere. I didn't want to end up lost in the desert, not with the sun having risen and the desert sands warming up.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

Blade seemed competent enough to fly now, so I joined her in the air, and awaited her guidance, after all, I had never been to Cudahsai, so I had no idea where it was, though Yopple probably would. He wouldn't forget the memory he had described, and it had taken place there.

((I really should just let you drag me around to agreed locations to avoid hassle, but I dunno yet.))

Yopple laughed hard at that. "That is good. If you are curious, I was never human. I was Esko's fir st dragon. He is apperantly the human gone dragon. If the town doesnt use magic, well, then I am a normal dragon. I am expirienced in battle, so no worry. I won't end up in that pit. Most likely, if the same Emperor is there, he will regonize me. I don't want to have him know where Esko is"

" Really? A human training dragons?" It was a curious thought. Though it was nice to know that my friends would put up a fight, if we were ever dragged down and forced to the pits. Even if they didn't, I would fight tooth and claw for them and myself.

" I'll lead the way, if you two don't mind." I offered. I vaguely remembered my path, and I traveled straight until I ran into Castiel, so altering from south to southeast should take us straight to Cudahsai. It was a massive stone city pressed up against the flanks of a mountain range, so it would be hard to miss regardless.

((After this part, we can just do a time-skip, unless anyone wants to meet up with Basii/Empyreal/Furisa and/or Esko himself along the way. Though I'm not continuing until Esko sends me that PM, because I don't know what he's up to. tongue.gif))

((I think Basii showing up with some interaction with Blade would be beneficial for comic relief.))

((TIME SKIP)))

Yopple

Yopple saw the city ahead and emitted a deep growl. That foul place was where many Cassares died, and many other dragons. What was their problem? Well, he expected some parts of the city still damaged after the fateful visit from Esko. As they neared the city, Yopple whispered, "how do we sneak in? I can try to get close" as Yopple neared, he saw a paper fly in the wind. Yopple quickly grabbed it, and read it. He rushed back to the others. "Guys! Look what I found!" And this is what the paper said:

"WANTED

ESKO ARKUS

(Picture here of a black haired male with wolf ears. Rather attractive)

BRING BACK ALIVE

REWARD:

$100,000 AND 10 LBS. CHOCOLATE"

And

"WANTED

TRAITOR

"BLADE"

(Picture here)

BRING BACK DEAD OR ALIVE

REWARD:

$1,000,000 and 20 LBS. CHOCOLATE "

Oh no...

((Ninja-ed by Esko. xd.png I'll fill this with my perspective in a second.))

I looked up when the horizon became filled with light-colored buildings, rising up around a rather ornate palace. Even as far away as I was, my sharp dragon eyes could see the part of the wall I had destroyed by accident. Oh, I hope it was just thought to be a structural problem...

" Guys! Look what I found!" Yopple shouted out, distracting me. I risked turning my head and wobbling in mid-flight to see what he was holding. It was a piece of paper-freshly printed, by the looks of it. He looked it over, and I saw his draconic brow become creased with worry.

" What is it?" I pressed, as we came steadily closer to our destination. Whatever it was, it didn't look good. I stole another glance at it, and saw its outer edge lined with red. Oh no. I thought. Only Wanted posters use that kind of edging, and only Traitor posters used red. I could imagine my pale face and long dark hair, stamped onto there-probably with a fierce expression in order to frighten the people into finding me.

My thoughts grew dark. " It's me, isn't it? I added. " Well, I recall the Cheese Festival coming soon, if not today, so we'll have the advantage of surprise as everyone celebrates." I paused briefly, thinking about the least noticeable way for an entire dragon-nevertheless three of them-to sneak into the city's crowded streets. With a festival going on, they would surely be filled, and every house and home closed for the entire day.

Hm... There wasn't really a good way to sneak in... Though, Emperor Luswold III prefers to allow only his most esteemed guests to feast with him, so the palace courtyard, as dangerous as it would be, would be vacant, and our best option.

" See that pompous, colorful building?" I told Alex, as he had never been here before. " That's the palace. We'll fly into the courtyard, and if it really is the Cheese Festival today, all of the guards would be out drinking and having fun." And on such a day, I would be tending to my egg. My conscious added. " That will be our chance. That girl and her dragon attacked me inside the palace, so if she dropped the egg, it would be there anyway."

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

"Perfect. I know a light camouflage spell that will basically make us almost perfectly transparent. Good thing I used a depleted mana crystal for your horn ring, because that's how transparent we'll... be... Ah no. Yopple is a Casarre. That means he'll have to sit this one out, or else we'll all be totally visible. The range of the camouflage is really short, so if Yopple is anywhere near me, which he has to be, it'll bust the spell. Blade, your tail is a shield, don't forget that, but its also a great backhander. Smack anyone who threatens you and block anyone that you can't smack, and you'll be good to go."

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Yopple

"Cheese Festival? Intriguing. Lead the way: you know the city better than I do. I was only here once. As I told you, that didn't go well" Yopple said as he followed Blade. He trusted her, for this was her home.

Emperor Luswold III

The Cheese Festival was today! FINNALY today! He relished the thought of eating the "meat" of Cheese Dragons, the tastes were always tasty but never the same. He felt a bit smaller, though. And he had a weird feeling, like he had extra muscles on his back. He shrugged this off as he struggled his Royal clothes on. Somehow, he didn't notice something. He strutted out to his guards. "Are my guests ready yet?"

The guards looked in astonishment. Then, one yelled, "a Cheese Dragon ate the Emperor! Get em!"

"What, you fools! I AM the Emperor!" But it was too late. He had to run. As he ran, he looked in a mirror. He saw the impossible. He was a CHEESE DRAGON HIMSELF! He was the main dish of today! He was shocked as he ran, and he ran somehow out of the city, and saw a couple of scalies in the distance. Two he never saw before, but the third....he wouldn't ask till later.

"Excuse me, but I woke up a Cheese Dragon, and my whole City is after me! Wait, are you....the scale lump companion of....HIM?!"

Alexander

"Ugh. I'm really sick of having to explain what happened to people who turned into dragons, such as myself, and this lovely Guardian dragon WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE GIRL YOU LABELED AS A TRAITOR, is now in a position where she could gladly EAT you like the loser of an Emperor you really are. We only came back for the egg she had. Seeing as it was a Guardian egg, Blade, this lovely Guardian, is potentially its stepmother. So, what are you going to do? Huh? HUH?!"

Emperor Cheese

"How DARE you speak to royalty that way? Where are your manners? Any whom, I have unfinished buisness here. So," he said angrily, "where is...ah, what is his name? Esko? Yes, the one who showed powerful magic once. Only one who drank pure mana could do that, and humans can't drink that much, so I am curious." He heard Yopple say this,

"You won't ever use him as a war weapon. He is safe with us"

"Then where is he? Tell me, or I will have you as my next meal!" He demanded.

"Hard to listen to food" Yopple responded harshly.

(( xd.png Awesome intro!))

I braked and literally fell from the sky as a small yellow dragon burst through Cudahsai's gates before we could even land. But what made me fall was that horrifically familiar voice of authority.

" Excuse me, but I woke up a Cheese Dragon, and my whole City is after me! Wait, are you....the scale lump companion of....HIM?!"

" WHHHAAAAAAAT?!?!" I shrieked. (Second time that's happened). Alex all of a sudden started giving the yellow dragon, barely the size of my tail shield, a good talking to, and both it and Yopple began to argue. Though, I didn't quite hear what anyone said, as I crashed into the sand with such force that it flew up around me like water.

I was surprisingly unharmed though, so I promptly picked myself up to face the tiny dragon, and another familiar smell-underneath the cloak of rosewater and freshly washed robes, that is-was... cheese...

At first, I couldn't believe it. Then, I couldn't believe it. And I couldn't BELIEVE it!! Emperor Luswold III, a dragon made of cheese!!!

The air was suddenly penetrated by my laughter. The combination of telepathic laughter and the boisterous booms that emanated from my mouth made it hard to think clearly. My tail thumped on the ground, and stitched formed in my sides.

" The Emperor! The Emperor! Made of cheese!!" I kept on laughing and mocking my former superior. " You are what you eat, huh? Does he sweateth and stinketh greatly when he resteth in the sunshine?! Pfff-HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!"

My merriment was quickly interrupted though, as Imperial Guards began flooding from the gates. I couldn't resist a couple of more snickers though.

The mighty Luswold, with his merciless slaughter of dragons, finally got the justice he deserved.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alexander

"You know what, Mister Cheezy face? I should melt you down and put you on a sandwich and eat you up. Moonstone dragons like me don't eat meat, but eating you is no problem. But I wont eat you. You want to know why? Because this is vengeance enough. Being a dragon, a cheese dragon even, on the day your city eats cheese dragons, its not a coincidence. A girl and a Magi dragon changed you into this. As revenge for all the dragons you kill and eat and throw into that little pit." I pressed my front paws on Cheesy's shoulders, and he fell onto his back. I leaned in close, and said, "You re being made to pay for your little stunt of anti-dragon policies. Your own rules could be your death. Cheese dragons can't even eat, so that little threat about eating us? Completely irrelevant. I. HATE. YOUR. FACE. I'll give you one chance. Tell me, where did you take the egg that has the same colors as Blade?"

Emperor Humiliated Cheese Face

He was ruined. " I WONT tell you where the egg is until you tell me where wolf boy is! " he stomped his foot on that one. He just heard laughter and the stomps of guards. "Well, can't talk now, we need to run. If you don't tell me where Esko is, you will all be in the pits!" Yopple returned with:

"Well, looks like you don't have authority anymore. You have authority of the plates they will put you on"

Alexander

"No time!" I looped my tail around Cheesey's chest and took off away from the city, struggling while saying, "Blade! Get the egg, I gotta GO!"

I landed far off, out of sight from the guards if the city, while I released the "Emperor" from my tail. I whacked him across his soft nose with my tailstone, and said, "That egg is an innocent CHILD. I WILL hold you responsible if it dies, and no, I will NOT tell you where Esko the Wolf Boy is, because he is not only my friend, but taking care of a Golden Wyvern hatchling AS a Golden Wyvern. He too, succumbed to this crazy transformation stuff, and he now has a stepdaughter because of it. You better step up and realize now you are nothing more than food, made living by enchantments. You simply exist, feeding passively on the magic in the very air. You don't even need to breathe anymore. Try it, if you like. Or I can club you with my tail again, because I AM ANGRY. You self-absorbed bug thought you were almighty, and now look. You could be a nice snack now. For your own citizens, or even me. And I am a bit hungry. Oh wait, I have some delicious chocolate that YOU CANT HAVE. You're a jerk. You were never WORTHY of being an Emperor. You are far too STUPID to have such an important role to so many people, and Fate has dealt you the hand. And right now, all you've got is a Joker card. So suck it up and deal with it."

I wasn't quite sure what Amara had "told [me] so," but ah well, I'm not complaining for a few allies and a chance to learn how to dancin' FLY.

"We'll sleep outside their cave, give them a bit of privacy," I said to Skies and Tinselwings, earning grumbles and moans from both parties. That, and so Mira wouldn't pop a vein, not that that really needed saying, right?

I looked at the sky one more time, then back at the ocean before deciding to make wherever I'm sleeping higher up, as it looked as if the tide could rise pretty high tonight.

((Timeskip till morning?))

((Feel free.))

I saw Alex run off, snatching up Luswold with him, commanding me to get the egg. Well, with the guards surrounding Yopple and I, and with us being at the gates of the city, our best option would be to charge on through. I heard mighty clunks above us, and saw on the ramparts guards pushing massive machines up to us.

The Net Ballistae. Just one shot and the massive metal bolts will flatten out into a heavily weighted net, capable of bringing even the largest dragons to the ground. Flying was no longer an option. I pawed at the ground. I didn't want to hurt my former comrades... but they better get out of the way!

" Yopple, stick behind me-I'm charging on in!" I knew it seemed mad, but it would be hard to turn an outward facing machine inward, and it wasn't smart either. But as long as we got into the city, the ballistae would be useless.

I lowered my head, stiffening my body out, flattening my wings to my sides, and made sure my paws could take another charge. The guards backed up a bit, but I could tell from the look on their faces that they were anticipating the ballistae charges.

My legs sprang into action, right when I heard the threatening crack of the nets being shot.

Yopple

"Are you MAD? You will get killed!" He yelled as Blade charged and the nets fired. Luckily, the first volley didn't hit her, but came very close. Yopple didn't think there was magic, so he was just a run of the mill average dragon at that. He thought she was insane. Pretty, but insane.

Me

I searched for hours. No sign. Where did she go? The desert sands were bare. I feared the worst. What if she was kidnapped! Golden Wyverns were often hunted for their scales, after all. Then I saw a White dragon and an Electric dragon((correct me if I am wrong)) walking. I flew in front of them.

"Excuse me, but have you seen a Golden Wyvern hatchling anyw-"

I stopped short at the sight of Furisa giggling. My expression slowly turned from shocked, to ticked, to angry, to furious, to ballistic, to livid, to.....

Worse.

My eyes slowly turned darker and darker, and with a double voice, I growled, "you have my hatchling. You stole her, didn't you? You will pay."

I shot a black beam of magic at the one dragon.