Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

With the Red having his face battered by me, his belly torn by Yopple, and with Alex suddenly coming out of the sky like a comet and giving him a sound thwack! across his face, the Red decided he'd had enough. Letting go of me and making several mighty shakes to dislodge Yopple, He shuffled backward from us, shielding his bruised, beaten face and forcing his belly to the ground in a position of surrender.

" Me not like...! " He grumbled, eying us warily. He scrambled backwards into the raising cave when I made a threatening move forward, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my now slack wing and the slight headache I received. The Red snapped his jaws open and tried to exhale something out, but the little spit of flame that came from between his teeth died out in Yopple's mere presence. He let out a snort of frustration, yet he still didn't re-engage us. The guards surrounding us, on the other hand, were infuriated.

" Get them, Gormer!"

" Show them no mercy!"

" Don't let them into the cave!!"

The same time they were cheering the beaten Red on, they pressed closer to us, lowering their spears. I looked at Alex. He appeared to be unconscious, the orb on his tail badly cracked from the impact. Seeping out of the cracks is what could be best described as the light of the moon, glowing faintly in the bright daylight. I turned to give a nasty glare at the Red, who, even with his superior size, wilted.

" No like... " He grumbled again, turning and disappearing into the depths of the cave, the outraged cries of his human owners following him and adding insult to injury.

These guards will be nothing. I assured myself. That Red though was surprisingly weak... he must not be used to such retaliation. I walked over to Alex, eying the guards suspiciously-the defeat of their great Gormer must have struck a blow of reality to them, as they backed up when I approached. I nuzzled Alex, before lifting him up over my head and onto my back. Oof! He was heavy... too much chocolate.

" Yopple!" I called." Let's get that egg and get out of here! I'm pretty sure I know where it is-eggs that aren't destroyed are usually stashed away in this cave somewhere." And hopefully it's an egg the guards recognized. I thought. Otherwise, it might be in solitary confinement for when it hatches; arguably one of the most heavily defended areas of Cudahsai. Oh, I miss that egg.

I let Yopple stick close to me, as our little group made confidence deteriorate quickly in the guards, and with little resistance, they allowed us to enter the cave, still panicking about Gormer and how he should be guarding it.

Alex

I seemed to wake up in the midst of a field, with the sun shining amidst an ocean-blue sky, and birds sitting in the grass near me. Something was off, though. Where was Yopple, Blade, and the Red? Where was I, for that matter? And... my tail still ached, though the orb itself seemed intact, but it seemed dim and feeble. I was tired and hungry, though, luckily for me, there was a big pile of carrots sitting next to me, roughly twice the size of my head. I began to eat, but noticed that despite their outward appearance the carrots tasted EXACTLY like chocolate. I continued to eat at an accelerated rate, until all that was left was a few tiny bits of carrot in the grass. I let out a soft burp, and decided to take a short nap on the grass in whatever place this was.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Pyro

"Mother's intuition" is usually the phrase used when a mother/caretaker of some sort can sense when what he/she is caring for is in trouble. For me, I called it "I should have spent less time sleeping near dragons and mana."

Whatever the case, I got that feeling again, the one that says that one of my dragons was in trouble. And if what I said when I woke up was any indication....

I wasn't paying attention to Amara, instead opting to turn towards the desert, where Empyreal usually stayed to my knowledge, but I wasn't quite as sure as I would like.

"Skies. If you can get a pinpoint on Empyreal, send me there. Pronto," I ordered. Skies himself seemed to shy away from me, stopping his digging into the sand ((Tinselwings had apparently buried some of his mana shards in the ground)) to look at me warily.

"Pyro..?" Skies had said it in what was almost a whimper. "You're scaring me again..."

"... That's an order, Skies," I said calmly. Why was he scared? It was still me....

I stood up on my hind legs momentarily, using my new tail for balance to see Mira at a better angle.

"Mira. Keep an eye on everyone, but I don't want you to go burning/eating Amara and her friends as soon as I'm gone. Tinselwings should take care of that too. She's an expert at finding information... Albit unintentionally. I won't tolerate any sort of that business happening.”

“。。。。Understood," Mira said from her perch. She also had a scared tone, but I can't possibly imagine why.

"Tinselwings knows what to do all by herself, but both of you, keep an eye on her."

I turned to Amara, who had finished a portion of fish. "Alright. I'm possibly going to leave in a few moments, so I'll make this quick. I'm a keeper turned dragon. My dragons here are going to accompany you so that they could possibly find any other turned keepers, and I made sure that Mira won't do anything funny,. I would appreciate it if you helped out, but it's not necessary.

If you kill any of them, I had been a keeper for centuries, back when dragons still did not populate the entirely of Galsium. You will have an army of dragons to then answer to, a Guardian of Nature included."

"Pyro! I think I found her, and Basii's close too!"

"Send me there, and," this last bit was to Amara again. "... Fly high, stay safe."

Barely a moment passed before I found myself standing in blistering heat, a dune away from a... Rather odd gold wyvern with a hatchling, maybe its' child, and a panicking Basii next to a felled Empyreal.

((Skies is going to probably be out of it for more than two days...))

Basii

"Empyreal! Come on, please stay with me!"

"I'm not dead, idiot."

Fighting words, yes, Basii noted, but physically, Empyreal was lying on her side, breathing heavily even as he casted potant healing spells on her, that hatchling be dance'd.

"That hatchling, is she--

”STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE HATCHLING!" Basii roared. "I DON'T GIVE A censorkip.gif ABOUT--

"Basii, shush. I'll be fine. See to that hatchling!"

Basii was highly dubious of that, those black beams really did do a number on her. Plus, it was that hatchling that got them into this mess in the first place, with that stupid, impulsive--

"Basii, just because you don't have a high opinion of someone doesn't mean you can talk smack about them... Also, I felt something. As if Skies was here."

"He must realize that you are in trouble!" Basii looked back at the wyvern for a moment. Good, a magi dragon might be able to restrain the wyvern long enough for them to get to safety.

"Get. TO. That. Hatchling. Don't worry about me!"

The duo heard a screech, causing Basii to look at the stunned- momentarily- Golden wyvern and that hatching behind him. No, he was not going to tend to that hatchling, she's with her dance'd “guardian" now.

Furisa

"Daddy!" She said as she saw me go all out monster. Furisa got angry and tried to bite my foot. I roared out loud, and the beam shot in the air. I momentarily got stunned as I heared a screech. Furisa took the chance to run to the White dragon and the Electric((or Thunder? I forgot)). She licked the Electric's one foot and looked at the White with a sad face. Without saying it, she pretty much asked, "Please help Daddy." She hugged the White's leg. And nuzzled it. She hoped that these dragons could help me.

Alex

When I woke up from my nap, my stomach took the opportunity to inform me of how hungry I was. Oddly, there was another big pile of food, this time composed of apples. I ate one up in a single mouthful, and it tasted pretty good. I continued to eat in this fashion until the pile was no more and my belly bulged a bit more than before. I wasn't particularly tired, so I took a rather slow walk around the field that I was in, looking for some kind of landmark. I found nothing after what felt like hours, but the sun hadn't moved an inch along the sky. What was this place? why was I here? Why wasn't Blade here?

I was dancing between randomly scattered nests and narrowly avoiding eggs both in the nests and stored on the shelves nearby. The raising cave was huge, and not very well organized. It was even more difficult as I had to shift my weight to keep Alex from falling off my back.

" Where is it?!" I practically roared. Caretakers and guards fled at the presence of two full-grown dragons tromping about in the cave. I tried to keep my tail from twitching and sending several nests in to the wall. I was getting frustrated.

Not one of these eggs was blue with a white mark on it. The majority of them looked like stones, or were brightly colored, but the closest I got was an incredibly shiny blue egg with no markings at all. "Please don't be in solitary confinement." I moaned. I pawed a nest open, and found the same, depressing results.

I scanned my surroundings, with no luck. Though, it had occurred to me, I was walking past lots of eggs, and not taking any of them with me from this awful place. I felt a twinge and looked at Yopple. No way you could both carry them all out of here. Even if you could fly weighed down with both eggs and a dragon. It hurt though, looking at all of these poor things and not being able to do anything about it.

" I don't think it's here." I said, trying to get back to the task at hand. I looked at the far back wall, staring at the bolted doors the humans had left while fleeing. It had to be one of those then... but I had to take care in opening them, or I might get attacked by an enraged, under-fed hatchling. That Spitfire was a hatchling, and the bile he spat out didn't look very safe, even with my scales protecting me. I didn't want to run into something nasty.

I approached one, hesitant. " Here goes... " I muttered. I gripped the bolt in my teeth and slid it, unlocking the door. I paused again before nudging it open with my nose. What sort of dragon would fly out at me, if one at all? I figured that if it cast magic, Yopple would solve that problem pretty quick. So all I have to worry about now is glass-bile, teeth, and claws.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alex

I found nothing visible save for grass in all directions after walking for what felt like hours, but I did find something... auditory.

At one point during my walk, I began to hear... voices. Voices of what sounded like little children calling out for help. I looked around furiously, sprinting around in a wide circular pattern, but found nothing. All I did was tire myself out, and I flopped down and began to cry. All the sadness around me made me feel like it was ME who was calling out for help, and not these strange voices of little kids.

In the real world, my unconscious body began to moan and sob in despair, though I remained unconscious.

Yopple

"Will my aura around me kill any magic from these eggs? They shouldn't, for I have been around them before. " he saw Blade pull out the bolt. Then stop. "What is the matter? " he stood close to Blade. "Don't worry. You saw how we took out that Red with no problem? A hatchling won't really....stand the chance? That might not be too kind of wording, but it works." Yopple started to push open the door.

Yopple pushed the door open the rest of the way, which was a bit of a task with my huge head in the way. With the both of us squeezed in there, we managed to get an awesome view of...

Nothing.

I pulled back roughly and huffed. " Well... " I muttered. " All of that caution for nothing." I walked over to the next door, and my little burst of confidence proved a lot more interesting. Before I could even open the door, it was thrown open by something screeching like mad, which bolted past me at such a speed, I couldn't tell what it was. When its silhouette disappeared outside into the brightness of the day, I heard confused and shocked shouts of humans. I stifled a laugh.

I had no idea what that was... but at least it made me jump out of my skin-er, scales. I turned back to where it came from.

THERE IT WAS!! The egg!

" YOPPLE!" I practically squealed in pure excitement! It was okay! Oh, that little egg!

My head didn't quite fit through the doorway, but I shoved it in anyway so I could retrieve the egg. I gripped it gently in my mouth, so relieved I could just collapse and laugh in happiness.

Then I pulled back. Bonk!

" Oh no... " I moaned. I was stuck... again. " Erm... Yopple? Could you like... widen the doorway a bit or something?" Luckily, my telepathy wasn't muffled by the egg. " I think Alex is taking up what little space I have. Like, maybe his wing is stuck or something? I don't know." I was frustrated with myself, for not thinking about the door's size before I went squeezing through it to retrieve my egg. Ugh, stupid! How was I supposed to raise a dragon if I couldn't even get my own act straight? I shook my head clear and kept talking to Yopple though.

" Can you pull Alex off, or...? Is he sobbing? Uh, whatever, just see if you can get him off so I can back up. If I break the wall down, well... we'll have to make a run for the entrance."

Edited by skwerl56767

Yopple

"Oh...oh dear. You ARE in quite a mess. Lemme get ALEX off." Yopple didn't know what ordeal carrying ALEX was like. "OH MY CRAP HOW MUCH CHOCOLATE DID THIS GUY EAT OOF!" Even with the mighty strength Yopple had, it was STILL hard to move him(no offense, Alex). Then FINALLY Yopple got the Moonstone off of Blade. "There *pant pant* he is moved. Try now." Yopple was short of breath. "Okay, now that we got the egg...how are WE getting out of here?" He looked up, and it was obvious that getting in was SO much easier than getting out.

((xd.png It might become a thing. Especially if Lumina insists on getting more chocolate.))

Moving Alex gave me just enough breathing room to squeeze back out-luckily, I didn't destroy the whole wall like I usually do. Keeping the egg gripped firmly in my teeth, I looked back around the raising cave. The red dragon Gormer and the humans were nowhere in sight.

" It should be fairly easy to get out... " I faltered. I had no idea how well I could fly with Alex on my back again, and on top of that I have to take care of my egg... my "mother instinct" was extremely unhappy about the idea of letting Yopple handle the egg while flying, since he was unable to lug Alex around. I walked over to Alex and nudged him. Still unconscious, though his tail orb had stopped "bleeding". I sighed... then I got an idea. A crazy one, but at least it wasn't the first one.

I roughly shoved Alex back onto my back, taking care that I didn't squeeze the egg too much.

" Okay Yopple... " I began. " This is going to sound absolutely insane, but I need you to work with me on this." I proceeded outside before he could argue. " I won't be able to fly with Alex without him falling off, but I know a way we could both carry him."

To go from the stark contrast of the torch-lit cave to the bright afternoon blinded me for a moment, but I only needed to see one thing: Cudahsai's battlement wall. Practically ignoring any foes that might have been in the vicinity, I started to run toward it. All I needed was for the guards to shoot at me, and we could get out of here.

Edited by skwerl56767

Alex

Suddenly, I stopped hearing the despaired cries of the children, and soon after I realized that, I cheered up too. I suddenly began to feel kind of sleepy, so I lied back down and tried to fall asleep. It took a good minute to do so, but soon I was snoring away.

----------

With a start, I awoke. And I awoke upon Blade's back, no less! My tail orb still hurt, but it was but a dull ache now, tolerable. Yopple was looking right at me, so I had no way of pretending I was still asleep. "Er, Blade? Why are you carrying me? Oh! The egg! You found it! ...So, what happened?"

I skidded to a screeching halt when Alex's voice suddenly came into my mind. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop fast enough to prevent crashing into the wall. There were several confused shouts from its battlements, along with a " Those darned dragons are still there?!"

I got up shakily, a bit disoriented from it. And the first thing I heard while back on my feet was the clunking of the ballistae as angry orders were shouted out. We were lucky to not be hit by one so far.

" Aaaaall righty, Yopple. So, you know those nets?" I asked, still a bit disoriented. " We need to-oh hey, Alex, you're awake. Can you fly? 'Cause, I had like, this idea on getting out of here..." Dang, I really have to treat my head better, or my IQ will lower with the next impact I make.

Alex

"Of course I can fly. Where are we going to fly to? I need to make sure Luswold hasn't melted yet, so I actually have to go there right now. Sorry!" I climbed off Blade, spread my wings, and flew off, back towards where I had left Luswold.

((I'm assuming Yopple is still following me? If not, I'll edit some parts out so it sounds less assumptive. I'll also wait to see if Luswold has done anything while we were gone.))

" Whoa, wait a minute!" I cried out. Something struck the sand next to me, kicking up a cloud of dust and debris, and I sneezed. " Darn it, I had an elaborate plan and everything... Come on, Yopple!" I shouted, taking to the air, keeping the egg gripped firmly in between my teeth. I knew it would be harder to hit a moving dragon than a standing one.

We escaped, luckily, and I told myself as we flew off that I would never return to Cudahsai again. Never. Chaos would ensue anyway, as aristocratic families fought over the throne, and criminals took advantage of the temporary anarchy and made everyone miserable. But society aside, after being a dragon, and having to rescue this egg... I don't think I could ever tolerate their hate for dragons ever again.

((THREE TIMES IT CRASHED!! ARGH!))

I nodded briskly, not saying a word. After Pyro had left, I exhaled heavily. She most likely wouldn't be back for a while, and I needed Seafoam. I might as well go without her and just bring Silviana back with me. I'll go tomorrow, though, to give Pyro time to come back. Raineir, Seafoam's son, would probably be there too, but I didn't need him really for anything other than the fact that Seafoam wouldn't leave without her hatchling with us. But I feel like I have enough dragons in my group already. I might have to leave someone... But I can't think of anyone I could. We need Flame, leaving Flares to his own devices is out of the question entirely, and I don't think it'd be nice to leave Neko.

((Ignore my scroll, it isn't relevant.))

((All right, I'm just going to throw this out there while I wait for Luswold.))

???

He shifted uneasily, feeling the walls around him tremble as he did so. The darkness shook, as unstable as ever. What was happening outside his sheltered home? There was sudden movement, and a slight breeze coming through the walls. He wasn't sure how to react, as the air had been still for so long.

His tail twitched in the cramped space, and the dark walls jolted a little. He hoped that whatever it was wouldn't cause any problems... He was far too comfortable with the tight, compact place he called home. He didn't feel it was time to leave it yet; or at least, what he somehow conceived to be time, didn't feel right. What were feelings, anyway? He knew them, but he wasn't sure that they were or what they meant to him. It's as if he knew it, while not at the same time. Well, he knew they existed, anyway, even if he couldn't assign a name to them.

There were sounds coming from outside now. They had a certain rhythm, like they were meant to indicate something, but he couldn't make anything of it. They excited him though-No! Not yet! The darkness is too comfortable to break free from...

Yet, he yearned for freedom, to be able to stretch his tiny limbs. Oh, what it would be like to be free!

((I gotta finish homework, then do something on my trombone, then do something else, but I can handle Luswold.))

Pyro

In theory, I should have gracefully flown or bounded to Empyreal and Basii. In practice, I tried to run and crashed badly, just barely avoiding taking a rock to my lower jaw. I was really not used to this whole "four legs' thing, dangit. I struggled to my feet, eyeing the wyvern before looking back over to Basii, Empyreal, and a golden wyvern hatchling. Basii looked panicked and was casting all sorts of healing spells on Empyreal, who was struggling to get to her feet, the lightning that usually crackled around her like a storm reduced to mere flickers.

... My babies. I had to protect them. I still remember how Basii liked spending time with the female hatchlings and how much of a tsundere Empyreal.... Still is, really.

The hatchling ran from the wyvern after he roared, stumbling backwards on some rocks before finding his balance again even as the hatchling ran back to Empyreal and Basii, the latter starting to give a scolding glare at the hatchling before I toppled again. That doesn't matter. If anything, I'm going to grab the wyvern's attention however I can.

I picked up a few rocks and threw them at the wyvern, then gave a roar of sorts, one that hopefully meant a challange. Silvers aren't known for fighting, though their glow has a pacifying effect from what I know, so maybe I would be able to calm this one down? If not, well, I can still fight... I checked my mana crystals. I should be able to use them without penalty now, as a dragon and all...

Light, Water, Magi, Fire, and Life. Along with a few potions, amulets, and talismans. Good. I now glared at the wyvern, moving slowly so that the sun was at my back, my shadow long against the sparse sands, then roared again.