Alexander_Drake

You As A Dragon

I wondered why Omen was In a huff. I walked to Alex. "Any plans we need to make? Im ready to make some. " I worried for Omen. Then, one of the Sentinels passed by and sniffed me. "What the hell?" I snapped. Then, the dragon said something surprising.

"Master?"

The what?

"Master, is that you? Esko?"

That sounded like...

"Oerfurgus! You regonize me?"

"Why are you a Golden Wyvern? And is that the egg?"

"Well, dragonet now. But yes."

"I thought that girl and her Magi killed you!"

"No. Where are the others? Did they scatter?"

"Half stayed together, the other half scattered."

"Where are they?"

"They are in a cave in that direction"

"Omen's cave? Really?"

"I guess. If it is all his dragons, they must have let yours in."

"How?"

"You may not have too many dragons, like most keepers, but you raised some of the most powerful, as many say. You were known all across the alpine, right? "

"Yes"

"I joined the Sentinels out of choice. "

"Alright! This is great! There are easy allies!"

After our conversation, I went to Alex to tell him the news. "Some of my dragons are apparently in the cave Omen had been talking about! Isnt that great?

Alex

When Esko came running over, i had to sidestep him or be impaled by a wing claw. Esko subsequently hit his head on the wall behind me.

Luckily, he kept his head on straight and told me that some of his dragons were in Omen's other cave.

"I must admit, that is pretty handy. See if you can get a couple of them over here."

Edited by Alexander_Drake

((Wouldn't that be godmodding?))

I must admit, I'm more used to living in an area where dragons and keepers were not exactly tolerated more often than not. At best, at where I lived on the mainland people will accept the dragons living in their vicinity and/or keepers, at worst they'll attack. I suppose this friendliness came about because of the proliferation of them on Galsreim as opposed to how from there, their presence become more sparse branching into the continent from where I trended.

Still, it's a bit jarring to see normal todders and kids without parental supervistion ooh-ing and ahh-ing at magic Skies was showing off, who was beaming with pride. I sat curled up on the beach, just far enough that the waves couldn't touch me while watching the darkening sky, red sun, the rising of the twin moond, and stars beginning to appear. Mira was nowhere to be found, but that makes sense, and Tinselwings was looking at the kids with a devilish twinkle in her eyes.

That's not going to be my problem. I'm completely tired, apparently still retaining the low stamina I had as a human after the need to walk from the forest with the delta to the coast where the little peninsula on Galsreim. My dragons would have flown, but again, I have no idea how easterns fly. They look like they're swimming in the air, but all that's gotten me is a sore stomach.

((Eh, ill let it slide once. Plus, that is perfect. I like that.))

((Wow i have leet skill. i edited out the godmodding, and moved on, but then i spammed the back arrow and managed to go back to pre-removal and republish it that way.)

((Calm down, Alex. It is awesome, what you came up with. I'll let it slide. It makes sense, too. Great idea! laugh.gif ))

((Nice work Esko, the Sunshield Sentinels could do with more allies! Despite the current way things have been written, they aren’t an all Guardian order. They’ll take anyone of a diurnal breed/species, provided they act in the best interests of the citizens. Also would make sense that if they want to protect everyone, everywhere, that they branch out among other clans! cool.gif

Feel free to control NPC dragons around the area, but I do ask that no permission to enter the restricted area (read: the crime scene) be given. If permission is given by a Sunshield Sentinel to go elsewhere, you can go right on ahead.

More trivia for the Sunshield Sentinels:

Their motto is this: “Shield the Sun”

It basically means to protect those of the sun – aka diurnal dragons. Since the shield would cast a shadow, they too feel an obligation to protect the denizens of the night. However, only in times of crisis has the Sunshield Sentinels been called upon to protect both day and night breeds of dragon.

The Nightwatch though? Primarily Vampires. Getting into the Nightwatch is more difficult than getting into the Sunshield Sentinels. The dragon recruit must be nocturnal for one, but also be neutral towards Vampires. The moment they show a little bit of intolerance, they get kicked out with extreme prejudice.

Their motto is: “Truth and Vigilance”

It’s a promise that they will be honest and vigilant, protecting those of the night that cannot protect themselves. They do not protect the denizens of daylight, rather they practice isolationism and have systems in place that permit their Vampire brethren to feed – provided they don’t kill their prey.

I’m making this stuff up as I go, haha. Well, most of it. The Nightwatch really did exist well before this RP, but not the Sentinels. They came to fruition as it didn’t make sense to have one policing faction comprised only of nocturnal dragons. Given the history some of them have with each other, a retaliatory forming of another faction made sense.))

----

Flows

Having seen the latter half of the confrontation between Oenpelliensis and Omen, Flows merely moved aside when Oenpelliensis burst from the alcove with a look that said he was about to throttle someone. Flows let out a draconic chuckle at that, the male was letting aggression of others affect his own tolerances. The Gray was of a more dispassionate nature however, and simply moved on from such emotions with the ease and practice that many years of solitary living permitted. For him, holding on to past – and future emotions was simply too much of a waste of energy.

Given Omen’s current state of mind, Flows exited the cavern without discussion. He meandered about, searching for something to garner his interest. He passed by the infirmary and was promptly told to leave, he did not have injuries or illness, and thus his presence was disrupting the flow of work. The Gray had complied easily enough, especially when one of the Whites brandished a staff at him and threatened to forcefully remove him from the Infirmary. Flows then plodded through the cavern halls, avoiding the area where the Sunshield Sentinel had ordered the group avoid.

Flows eventually ended up at the bathing cavern, humid air and near boiling water appealing to his devotion of stormy weather. The dragon entered the water, his Gray form sending the mostly still surface into a confusion of ripples. Curious as to how deep the water got, the Gray went out as far as his height would allow, but only reached the halfway mark before he could go no further without having to go underwater. Satisfied with the depth of the pool, Flows swam about, the speed at which he moved turning the ripples on the surface into small waves.

----

Sosrahgol

‘Darkness, always darkness. Never a light, never something bright.’ The dragon moved through the pitch black with the effortlessness of familiarity, using scents and instinct to avoid direct confrontation with other, living or undead beings. He knew these tunnels like the back of his bloodstained paws, short of an earthquake sealing off sections of the labyrinthine cavern, he would possess the knowledge and ability to move about without ever being spotted. Without ever being seen. His inherent nature however, did not always go unnoticed. How could it not?

Taste of blood, noise of struggle. Hungered for vengeance, sought retribution. Yet, it wasn’t enough. It would never be enough. His tongue darted out, tracing the edges of his fangs. Killing had long since lost its satisfaction, the dragon was merely going through the motions, seeking to feel something other than the desolation that wracked his undead spirit. For every dragon his fangs and claws felled, two more would rise from the ashes, taking their place. They would glower and glare, cursing the darkness for its obscurity.

‘You’re an abomination!’ No, no he wasn’t. Sosrahgol revelled in the life of an undead creature. Thrived in the darkness. He was death on clawed limbs, he was the ghost of a long forgotten past. He was not an abomination. “Your words they seek to maim, but you cannot harm that which you do not understand. Cannot hope to comprehend the enigma that is my morality. Begone from my mind, remnants of weakened psyche.”

‘You will never be one of us. Never find fulfilment in undeath. You will never, ever belong in this realm.’ There it was. The niggling doubt, the words that repeated over and over in his mind. They angered him, pushed him closer to the blood rage that eased his mind, that released his soul from the grips of despair. Sosrahgol embraced the pain, welcomed the veil of darkness that would let his mind rest at last.

Clickity-clack claws on stone. Smell of sulphur in the air. Warmth of volcanic rock beneath his feet. Snippets of conversation could be heard as he darted through the tunnels. Whispers of hatchlings sneaking about, their tittering suggesting that they should be at home instead. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things, unimportant, he needed to escape.

Clickity-clack claws on stone. Smell of sulphur in the air. Warmth of volcanic rock beneath his feet. The tunnel began to slope upwards, wisps of a southerly wind blowing dust and dirt into the tunnel. Stone soon turned to ash covered igneous rock, volcanic leftovers from previous eruptions.

Clickity-clack claws on stone. Smell of sulphur in the air. Warmth of volcanic rock beneath his feet. The Vampire dragon burst from a barely hidden alcove on the side of the volcano, night air filled with the smell of sulphur. Calls of other dragons could be heard in the distance, as could the clash of nearby wyverns fighting for dominance.

‘Escape is impossible for the likes of you. If you wanted death, why didn’t you stay behind and embrace it?’ He wouldn’t answer the voices, wouldn’t supply them with more kindling to stoke the fires of his rage. He was his own being. Nothing they said could make him do or think otherwise. Nothing.

Alexander

After all the commotion that had recently occurred, I was satisfied to relax and simply chill out, occasionally munching on a few carrots, because they were the only vegetables I could consciously tolerate.

Eventually I got bored of sitting and daydreaming, and decided to go for a swim. I liked swimming as a human, being a moonstone made not one bit of difference. Flows was here too. He didn't interact with me at first, but I thought he kept glancing at me like he wanted to tell me something. It could have just been my imagination, though.

Flows

The arrival of another dragon disturbed his peaceful solitude, for Flows did not enjoy being watched. He would occasionally glance at the other dragon, determining whether or not it would be appropriate to converse. It also went unsaid that the chances of another Moonstone being present in the cavern system at this time would be slim to none, and thus Flows assumed the Moonstone was Alexander. Flows, having come to a decision, swam around the other dragon, taking minor amusement in the appearance of the Moonstone’s wet feathers.

His golden eyes searched for Alexanders, before speaking. “Is the hatchling well?” Flows held no particular love for hatchlings, just the same as he held no particular love for other dragons. He had a single son however, and while the Gray would never admit it, he occasionally thought about him. Thinking about and caring about were two entirely different things though, that much Flows knew of.

Here, Flows would not think of his son any further. That was a life he had left behind him, one that he would not return to even if asked. The Gray valued his independence and would do everything in his power to assure its continued existence. The water was warm against his scales, a warmth that compared to the chill of the alpine air, soothed his muscles and bones.

Alexander

Flows showed an uncharacteristic concern for Lumina's well being, but I took it in stride.

"Well, I haven't been able to see her yet, but she IS in the care of multiple White dragons. I'm sure she'll be just fine."

((Nice work Esko, the Sunshield Sentinels could do with more allies! Despite the current way things have been written, they aren’t an all Guardian order. They’ll take anyone of a diurnal breed/species, provided they act in the best interests of the citizens. Also would make sense that if they want to protect everyone, everywhere, that they branch out among other clans! cool.gif

((Omen, please clarify. Did you mean my dragons, or the Guardian that recently joined? Because I meant that my dragons couod be allies for us))

((OOC

((Omen, please clarify. Did you mean my dragons, or the Guardian that recently joined? Because I meant that my dragons couod be allies for us))

Apologies if I misinterpreted, I wrote that while multitasking. I'm writing this at a terribly late hour so hopefully it makes sense. It was in response to the below underlined text from your post.

I wondered why Omen was In a huff. I walked to Alex. "Any plans we need to make? Im ready to make some. " I worried for Omen. Then, one of the Sentinels passed by and sniffed me. "What the hell?" I snapped. Then, the dragon said something surprising.

"Master?"

The what?

"Master, is that you? Esko?"

That sounded like...

"Oerfurgus! You regonize me?"

"Why are you a Golden Wyvern? And is that the egg?"

"Well, dragonet now. But yes."

"I thought that girl and her Magi killed you!"

"No. Where are the others? Did they scatter?"

"Half stayed together, the other half scattered."

"Where are they?"

"They are in a cave in that direction"

"Omen's cave? Really?"

"I guess. If it is all his dragons, they must have let yours in."

"How?"

"You may not have too many dragons, like most keepers, but you raised some of the most powerful, as many say. You were known all across the alpine, right? "

"Yes"

"I joined the Sentinels out of choice. "

"Alright! This is great! There are easy allies!"

After our conversation,  I went to Alex to tell him the news. "Some of my dragons are apparently in the cave Omen had been talking about! Isnt that great?

How you wrote it makes it sounds like Oerfurgus is a Sentinel. I like that idea if it is the case, if not, I appologise if I got it wrong.

What I was saying that if he is a Sentinel, he would be an ally to the Sentinels of my clan, whether he was directly affiliated with it by signing up to my clan's group, or by visiting from your clans group of Sentinels. The Sentinels could be a larger organisation then even I know of, so it would work out if other clans used a similar policing system.

Huh. I am confusing myself. Alright, forget I said the Sentinels were a thing in my clan. They can be a thing across Galsreim! Protecting those of the sun, and in times of crisis, those of the moon!

However~ The Nightwatch is something that would be less widespread and more insular, since most of their numbers are Vampires. But who watches the watchers? The Sunshield Sentinels of course!

Either way, it doesn't have an impact on what you wrote, so no worries. If I dun goofed, I'll fix the mistake. xd.png

End OOC))

((So they check each other, like how day can't exist without night? Or am I misunderstanding something?))

((OOC

Well, yes and no. Though your understanding makes better sense. I put the Nightwatch stuff together years ago. xd.png

The Nightwatch formed (in my clan, anyway) when this guy Unahzaalbahlok took it upon himself to start policing how the clan's Vampires behaved. Since I've got a few of them, they do have the numbers to cause a bit of havoc if the so chose. However, Unahzaalbahlok managed to get most of the Coven (what I call my group of Vampires as a whole), to follow his rules. Sosrahgol is a lieutenant of the Nightwatch, and Sahqondur is in charge of a considerable amount of its duties too.

Description of Nightwatch taken from Sahqondur's description:

the Nightwatch, a group of Vampire dragons specially chosen for their ability to deal with problems created by their own kind, as well as problems created by other nocturnally active species.

Though since I wrote that description they started accepting other nocturnal species into the fold.

The name Nightwatch isn't something I came up with, it's from a movie!contains!spoilers of the same name. smile.gif

Except when I decided to call the Nightwatch the Nightwatch, apparently I didn't notice that I got it wrong. Eh, whatever. Long story short, I envisioned them as a faction that policed/regulated themselves whereas the Sunshield Sentinels protect/keep watch of the day and night dwellers, if the need arises. Hence my previous statement of "Who watches the Watchers?"

The Sunshield Sentinels formed in retaliation of the Nightwatch forming. They don't trust Vampires as far as they can throw them, and that being not far at all, called for the authority a militant like faction would bring. The idea was that, should the Vampires or other members of the Nightwatch decide to go on the inevitable rampage, they could do something about it. Each faction possess a Writ (it's a fancy scroll that needs the clan's keeper's signature to be enacted) that gives them absolute authority to seize the other parties power, and by extension, it gives them the right to punish them accordingly.

Unahzaalbahlok believes in negotiating punishments and the such, so tries to keep his subjects in line through diplomacy rather than tyranny. On the other hand, the Sunshield Sentinels, if given enough reason, would be more than okay with going on a witch hunt to take out every Vampire, down to the last hatchling. When it comes to non-Vampires, the Sunshield Sentinels are rather fair and just in their actions, including sentencing criminals for committing offenses of varying severity.

So they're like a Police and Military force wrapped into one. The Nightwatch would be closer to a Paramilitary force I guess.

If anyone wants, you're free to use the above system or alter it to fit your own clan's needs. biggrin.gif

((Omen, Oerfurgus IS a Sentinel. It just sounded like you were saying that the rest of my dragons were pretty much being asked to join them. Confusion cleared))

Ah, no, I didn't mean to imply that. Sorry for causing the confusion! ninja.gif

End OOC))

Edited by VampiricOmen

((Omen, Oerfurgus IS a Sentinel. It just sounded like you were saying that the rest of my dragons were pretty much being asked to join them. Confusion cleared))

((It’s hard to keep Flows in character, keep forgetting he’s supposed to be a prig. Anyway, he should be back to being his usual, conceited, IC self. xd.png

I’m also not quite certain if Flows is aware that Alexander was a human, so I’m going to go with the safer bet of him being unaware. If he was told, I’ll put it down to a lapse in concentration because listening to “lesser” creatures is downgrading for him.

Alexander, after replying to Flows, you're fine to disengage with him and interact with someone else (Esko?). I'm going to be AWOL for some time as I'm about to smack my head on the keyboard in tiredness. Later today I will then have to work on writing some IC for Omen, Hahnuhadroz, Sosrahgol and at least outlining what I'm going to do with Lazuli IF I don't end up going on that trip up north (it's a day trip). Next week is going to be fun with me doing coursework again, haha. x_x))

Flows

The Gray dragon hesitated to put to rest the spark of unease that had stemmed from Omen’s previous lecture with him. If Lumina continued to remain ill, Flows might be told to leave the expedition, or worse, be exiled from the clan. Exile for him would mean losing access to vast stores of knowledge, knowledge he had yet to absorb into his superior intellect. Nevertheless, if the youngling was in the care of White dragons, then perhaps, she just might be okay. With a subtle sigh of relief, Flows swam away from Alexander.

He rather valued his personal space, and would only tolerate being close to others for short periods of time. The Gray could still converse with the Moonstone across the way, he wasn’t a hopeless hatchling struggling to project his thoughts through telepathic communication, after all. As the dragon reached a more comfortable distance from the Moonstone, Flows wondered what Alexander made of the entire situation. The Gray valued intelligence and wisdom, that much was a given, and he had yet to see more than a flicker or two of these traits from the entire group. It was absolutely downgrading to discuss such matters with lesser minds.

“This transformation business, what do you make of it, Moonstone?” He was under the impression that it hadn’t been a voluntary change. His keeper had been fairly taciturn with the explanation when they first encountered each other after her transformation and as a result, the Gray only knew that a girl had been involved. How a mere mortal girl could transform another human into a dragon was beyond his current scope of comprehension. Perhaps she had the assistance of a very powerful dragon, or the assistance of large stores of mana shards. Finding out the facts would be something that Flows needed before forming an educated hypothesis.

----

Oenpelliensis

Feeling less like he would attack the next dragon he encountered, Oenpelliensis emerged from the snow drift where he had been half buried. His eyes scanned his surroundings, taking in the reduced foot traffic at the mouth of the cave. It seemed that on top of the restricted areas, a curfew was in place for the citizens of the clan. The Bleeding Moon would pay no mind to that curfew, for he did not live within the mountain’s tunnels. He did however, wonder why a curfew was in place, specifically at night. Did the dragon or dragons responsible for the initiation of the lockdown originate from within the clan? They must have, else the search would be more widespread. No, it wasn’t that. Something seemed off about the whole situation to him.

Oenpelliensis set aside the thought. It would do him no good to worry about the workings of an organisation he wasn’t a part of. His loyalty belonged to his keeper, and by extension, at a considerably less intense level, her allies. When he left the Alpine Weyr, he all but surrendered his position as the leader. It would not take long for another Bleeding Moon to fight for dominance, and to be honest, Oenpelliensis would be disappointed in them if they did not immediately act to resolve the power vacuum he left behind. He had confidence in those he trained, so if his enemies could not defeat them, then the remaining Bleeding Moons were in good claws.

Deciding to wait outside until the others wished to leave, the Bleeding Moon trudged to the entrance of the cave, skirting around the edge until he found the telltale signs of a dragon roost. The recess in the side of the mountain appeared to been vacant for some time, if the presence of bleached bones and sloughed scales was anything to go by. Oenpelliensis scraped the pile of bones and scales out, not wishing to have something jam him in the side as he slept. Letting out a breath through his nostrils, the dragon lowered to all fours before covering himself with his wings. Normally he would not rest until daylight, however the day’s events had exhausted him. Duelling his adoptive brother for territory, challenging every dragon that proceeded to invade said territory, leaving the territory to go on an adventure of unknown magnitude. Well, if this wasn’t the life of excitement, Oenpelliensis didn’t know what it was.

((Well, here we are. Please excuse any cluelessness. Ugh, I despise starting posts. I don't really suck at them, I just hate them for NO REASON.))

Amara Jades

Last night was a strange one.

My best friend, Nekonny Myko, came over to my house. He kept banging on my door, and right when I had laid down to sleep! "Argh, if he hits that door one more time," I grumbled as I opened the door, "I'm going to..." Wham! He hit me square in the jaw. Being an abnormally fragile girl for my age and ethnicities, I did pass out, and all I remember from that incident was him shaking me and trying to wake me. When I woke, I was laying on my couch, and Nekonny was sitting at the end, shivering and looking at me. "You alright? I didn't mean to hit you. But it was urgent. I... I had a dream again." This worried me to full consciousness. Let me backtrack. Whenever Neko has a dream, it's normally a sign of something bad or something... Worse. He doesn't dream, mostly, and when he does, it normally predicts something from the future... Ish? I don't know how to explain this. Sometimes his dreams come true, sometimes it's a hint of bad fortune. But whatever it is, it's never been as direct as this dream was. I sat up, alert. "I was attacked, Mar. By a teenager, definitely younger than us. And even though we're the only two dragon tamers in this village, she had a dragon. I can't remember the type, but I'm sure it was a dragon. I remember being knocked out... And then I woke up."

I had been holding my breath since he said 'I had a dream again', and when he finished, I realized what I was doing and was gasping for air. "And this really happened? You aren't lying so I'll let you stay?" I said in-between breaths. He nodded solemnly. "It's not a prank. When was the last time I pranked you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I thought about how I could go on and on about how he used to prank me before he became sour back when I moved (Even though I moved back) and even then occasionally after that. But I decided to keep quiet. "Let's ignore that for now... You're here. And I don't want you going out back out there. And my parents are out at this big festival in a neighboring town. I can't let you into my parents' room, but if you want to sleep here on the couch in the living room by the fire, or in the guest bedroom, feel free. Although the couch isn't as good as a bed, it's pretty cold in the guest bedroom. And you aren't going back out there alone." He looked at me -Was that a smile I saw?- and I got up, pulling a blanket down from the above shelf. He laid down on the couch and I put the blanket over him, smiling. "I'll be in my room if you need me. Good night, Neko."

I woke up to a banging sound, but it definitely was NOT Neko. He was sleeping, and he had fallen on the floor. I laughed at this sight for a moment, losing the thought of why I had exactly come out here, but then there was another bang. I ran outside, barefoot, to see one of our Magi, Flame, fighting another Magi, who was not ours. There was a girl too, pinning one of the Fevers, Flares by the looks of it, to the house. She looked at me and smiled. Before I could run back inside, she let go of Flares, who crumpled to the ground like a Paper dragon. Now thinking on it, I wonder why he didn't use his poison on the girl instead of letting her overpower him. Anyway, back to my tale. She punched me out, for the second time that night, and I was forced into a dream. Everything was foggy. I couldn't tell what was happening, except being in constant pain, and the girl being there. She always saved me, but she also was the cause of the dreams. I was riddled with confusion when everything went black. The pain continued, but I didn't wake. I was alone.

Today was strange, as well.

I woke up not being able to feel my arms, but instead another weird limb that didn't feel arm-like. I got up, trying to balance without arms. I tried to go inside, only to find that the doorway was too tall for me to reach. What, did she shrink me? I thought, frowning, but remembered I had left the door unlocked and walked through. I saw a bright orange dragon, struggling in his sleep. Suddenly his eyes shot open and- Wait, he has blue eyes! The same color as Neko's! Was... Was that... I looked down. I had white-ish legs, with blue going up and coloring my body. I put my 'arms' down, they were starting to get tired when I saw they weren't arms at all, but wings! I was a dragon! I flapped my wings. Neko had wings too, but he looked small in comparison. And he was a Magi, so no saying he was a pygmy, and pygmies are just small. He looked at me. "You! Were you the one to do thi-" He was cut short when he looked at me and stared into my eyes. I still had the same eyes, like he did, and although lots of dragons have blue eyes, mine are just like that. "A-Amara?!?!?!"

I nodded. "Flame, can you come in here?" I yelled. My voice was the same. The Magi trotted in only to burst out laughing. She had an infectious laugh, one that just made you want to laugh too, even if you didn't know why she was laughing, and her voice was like silk. She was the prime example of amazing. I love her. "Yes, Amara? Oh, I'm so sorry, I knew you were like that, but mean 'ol Nekonny's now a Magi hatchling?! It's just too funny," Flame was wiping tears from her eyes at this point, "Wait till Flares finds out. Oh, he'll be so mean to him... I'm sorry. Why did you call me?" I snorted, it's hard not to when you're near a laughing Flame. "Just to check size. Well, we're dragons now... I'm not really surprised actually, except for the dragons part. Neko, your dreams came true, again... We were attacked by a girl and a Magi dragon. Man, I hate your psychic-y dreams," I said, half replying to Flame and half talking to Nekonny. Nekonny spoke for the first time since Flame came into the room, "Well, we're dragons now. That's that. Flame, can you and Flares teach us to fly? We have wings and all. And it would help us, I don't think we can stay here for much longer." We all nodded as I scribbled out a little note with my hind talons saying; 'Dear Mom and Dad, Me and Neko are going away for a while. We don't know how long but I promise we'll be safe. It's pretty urgent and we had little notice. For protection we're going to take Flame the Magi and Flares the Fever Wyvern with us, you know which ones, right? Love, Amara.' Then Flame dragged me outside and threw Nekonny onto her back. She opened her powerful wings and I did the same. "Now, Amara, you Wyverns don't have front legs, and so to make up for that you have very strong wings. Flares'd probably be a better teacher than I at teaching a Wyvern to fly if he wasn't so rascally, since he's one himself, but I doubt he'd be a good teacher at all," Flame chuckled.

I'm going to skip the boring part, where I fell off the cliff my house's on three times and landed on my face four, and just get to the part where she's taught me and Neko to fly.

We were flying! Really flying, not that dumb hot-air-balloon stuff or riding on dragon-back, I mean we were flying! It's so thrilling, being able to fly. I have never experienced anything like it. It was amazing, the wind in my face and stretching my new wings. I just hoped I wouldn't land like I had taken off. Although, that hope was crushed later on, but I'll get to that later. For now, we were going to one of Flame's hidden caves by the beach. And that meant more flying! Afraid to land, I just kept in the air, waiting for Flame to get Flares up. She sighed and looked at Neko. "He's still not getting up, I don't know what that girl did to him. But you have to fly yourself, because I have to carry him. You can do that?" she asked. Neko nodded, flapped his tiny wings, and took to the air with me. Flame piled the weak Fever Wyvern on top of her, took off, and nearly dropped down the cliff. She called up to us, saying that we had to fly lower or she couldn't guide us, because Flares was heavy as, well, an adult dragon. We began our trip slowly, but we gained speed after about 5 minutes. We reached the cave in half the time Flame thought it would take, but our landing was cruddy.

"Aiiieee!" I screamed as I smacked into the cave wall. Neko, being smaller, glided down easier, but I fell like a rock. I tumbled out, ready to explore my new home. Neko fell asleep in the corner, and Flame was still trying to wake the unconscious Flares. Taking it upon myself to be the explorer, I climbed out, only to find a (Insert Pyro's dragon type Never mind I figured it out) Silver sitting on the beach (I think). Curious and wondering why there was a dragon in the town without an owner but then remembering that Neko and I were the only ones that owned dragons yet, I half walked and half flew towards him. "Hello," I said quietly, "I'm Amara. Who are you?"

So here I am, waiting for this Silver dragon to respond to me, sitting on a beach. This is my tale, and hopefully it'll continue.

Amara~

Edited by MyaMouse

((Im sorry, Mya, but what kind of dragon are you? I know some kind of wyvern, but what kind? Please clarify, for I am a bit confused))

((Dragons can't speak like a person, they use telepathy.))

A few odd speech-growls snapped me out of my idle thoughts. I turned away from watching Skies's magic show to see a tsunami wyvern. I blinked lazily, wondering why this wyvern referred to me a he when I obviously had pink fur/horns instead of blue, and why they were speaking like a person instead of the typical telepathy done by almost all dragons. Flamingos were one of the few that didn't, if I remember correctly. Speaking of dimorphism, what was tsunami wyverns' again.... Right, Head-fin-crest-thingys. So this one is female.

I gently prodded her telepathically. "你好--Hello, hmm.... What was your name again? I'm sorry, but I'm not very good with them. Anyway, why are you not using telepathy? Were you the firstborn of a new keeper?"

"HHHiiiiiiiii!" A certain little ribbon dancer intruded upon us. Tinselwings bounded up, wet scales shining enough to dazzle, even in the dying light of the sun. Somehow. I guess it's an innate ability of all Ribbon Dancers to magnify light or something, as I do remember Radiant doing so as well.

I was thusly distracted again by my own thoughts again. Perhaps I should return to my keep, gather a few more companions?

"Pyro? Hey, ya think you can pay attention to someone when they're talking to you?" Tinselwings reminded me.

"对,说的对。。。 To answer your question, I'm... Pyro."

Edited by beiningtian

((Woo sorry for the inactivity! The new Wii U and Smash 4 are really eating my time! Just as well I'm alone as of now :'D))

The journey to find our last... 'teammate' took us back to the coastal volcano. Gowdali and Cadifor were obviously good friends as they had spent to entire flight leading the way, talking incessantly. Scilicet and Sal were also bickering amongst themselves. I had grown sick of all the noise and tuned it out, preferring to watch the increasingly ashen ground passing beneath us.

A sudden cry of surprise echoed into my thoughts and I looked up with concern, immediately listening in on the discussion. Glancing behind me, I noticed Scilicet and Sal had also stopped fighting to listen and Gogumajiosu was giving the entire group a look of confusion.

"She'll destroy, trust me!" Gowdali was saying. Cadifor shook his head. "She'll destroy us!"

I realised that Gowdali must have told Cadifor of his intention to drag along Tataura. I was on Cadifor's side with this one and quickly flew up.

"Cadifor's right," I said. "Tataura's almost evil. You can't trust her. Even as a hatchling she had to be isolated or she'd beat the others into submission. You can't bring her!"

Gowdali gave me a look and seemed about to defend himself when Scilicet jumped in.

"If she's as bad as these two imply, then please listen to them. I'm leaving if she starts tearing this place apart."

Gogumajiosu interrupted here. "This wasn't part of the deal! I'm not being led into a death-trap, you fool. I'm smart enough to know when enough is enough and I'm drawing the line here."

Gowdali growled and kicked out at Gogumajiosu, causing the Gold to jump back. "We're in her territory and if I were you, I'd shut up and lay low. The moment she sees you you're dead." It was right here I realised that Gowdali seemed all too much like he'd had this planned. Cadifor appeared to have also caught on and turned to Gogumajiosu.

"Gogu, I think you'd be better off leaving, right now."

Gogumajiosu took that the wrong way. "Oh, you think yourself above me? You're going to order me around? Think again, you three-pawed lizard. And if you even think about using your magic on me-"

A deafening howl thundered across the volcanic plains and a flash of glowing blue collided at top speed right into Gogumajiosu, sending him into an uncontrollable fall. With a crash he hit the ground and the place around him lit up with a bright blue flame.

Gowdali dived past me to come to a stop several metres above the pair while I - in all my useless fashion - held back with Scilicet and Sal.

Alexander

Flows' question was understandable; he hadn't been changed from human to dragon against his will.

"It's not too bad, really. It helped that I had two dragons of the same breed to help me out at first, but then I got used to it. Personally, my greatest wish was to be reincarnated as a dragon when I died, so I guess my wish is prematurely coming true?"

Lumina & Ludwig

Lumina was feeling pretty good, and once the Whites had given her a quick once-over, she was free to return to the others, whereupon Ludwig told her to come with him to the swimming area, because Alex had gone there while she was still sick. She hadn't swum much, but she was good at it, able to swim even in deeper waters all on her own, as could Ludwig.

When they arrived, they found Flows and Alex were both swimming, and Alex was floating on his back.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

((For real this time, I won't be available to RP tomorrow. Yay for family finally being decisive~ laugh.gif

@ Alexander: I've left the end of Flows' section open so you can leave to interact with someone else if you wished. I might be able to discuss plot and stuff via PM but for the most part I'll be busy.

In addition, I've responded to your question in the OOC thread, and hope that gives you some food for thought. Let me know if you like any of the ideas I suggested so this could give us somewhere to start.

@ rampaging wyvern: Tataura's entrance is going to be magnificent!

@ Mouse: Lovely intro post, it was enjoyable to read!))

----

Flows

Of course the human-turned-dragon would misinterpret his question. Flows had wanted to know why the act of transforming a human into a dragon was in any way desirable. Mortals were destructive creatures at best, he had seen landmarks destroyed, habitats ruined and creatures displaced all in the name of human expansion. What kind of twisted mind would turn a human, one possible of possessing an innate desire to destroy and pillage, into a dragon – a creature capable of living untold years, casting magic beyond mortal understanding or razing an entire forest in a single breath of flame filled anger?

The Gray let the matter rest, clearly this once-human would not be able to answer his question. Perhaps he did not even know the girl’s true objective, and that was enough to discourage Flows from prying further. It would be a matter he would discuss with a more intelligent mind, if he were to ever encounter one. “Wish granted, hmm?” The dragon shifted, ducking under the water in a flash of gray. His tone suggested that he thought Alexander’s wish was perhaps, not all that bad. “If I were a human,” and such a repugnant notion that was, “I would have preferred to become something far greater than the unfortunate result forced upon you. A shame, so many options and you have to live with the hand fate dealt you.” Flows twisted and turned, enjoying the feel of water flowing against his scales. While it wasn’t comparable to the feel of wind on his scales, it was better than hiding away in this dark, dank cave system.

“I suppose it could have been worse, you could have been transformed into one of those terrestrial beasts.” With that, Flows burst from the water, sending warm droplets in every direction. A quick glance about the area confirmed Flows’ suspicions that they weren’t alone, and with the sight of Ludwig and Lumina, he confirmed it. Hatchlings. While they were marginally better than what humans spawned, he still chose to stay as far away from younglings as possible. Somewhere up high usually, like in the sky. Here, Flows had no such route of escape, and thus, had to deal with the possibility that his night would be ruined.

Seeing that Lumina was well enough to swim about, Flows set to rest the almost nonexistent concern he had previously had for her. It would do him no good to maintain any feelings of concern or other such emotions, it could hamper his desires for independence if he so allowed it. Deciding that he had spent enough time soaking in the warmth of the pool, Flows made his way to the shallow end, before stepping out of the water. Standing on warm stone, the Gray shook his body in an enthusiastic attempt to get rid of any remaining droplets of water. He would rather avoid another instance of icicles on his horns, and so, the indignity of shaking like a lesser creature was temporarily forgotten.

----

Omen

Having been given enough time to settle down, I felt a whole lot better. So much so, that I decided to explore. I wanted nothing to do with the Sunshield Sentinels, and even told the next Sentinel who decided to block my way as I attempted to find my way out. It seemed that Sumo had warned the others of my previously unstable condition, and had dared to tell them to deny my entry to other areas of the cave. If I were still human, I would have been positively livid at the idea of being banned from entering certain parts of an area I initially chose to live in. However I was a dragon and having no desire to be dragged kicking and roaring to whatever Sumo considered an interrogation room or prison, I simply asked the very same Sentinel I had been cranky towards to show me the way out.

Whether the Sentinel was expecting more fight from me was something I didn’t particularly care for, nonetheless, the dragon escorted me from the tunnel I had been walking down to the large cavern that we initially came through to get to the other areas. On my way through, I thought I spotted Flows shaking like a dog, and Alexander swimming with his hatchlings. I would have liked to have a swim myself, I felt in need of a bath as my human habits called for one each night. However, I didn’t much feel like asking the Sentinel to leave me here, especially if the escort turned into a sentry. By the time I exited the cavern, I realised I hadn’t actually eaten yet. Unsure if I should chance going back inside, I merely waited at the mouth of the cavern as if the place was someone else’s home and not my own.

I released a long suffering sigh, watching my warm breath emit fog from my maw as I did so. If someone had told me that morning that I would be a dragon by midday, I would have called them crazy or asked them what they had eaten to give them such fantastical ideas. Now however, I felt as though the joke was on me. I didn’t know the first thing about being a dragon, for all my years of keeping them, I never was a dragon. Sure, I collected information pertaining to most types of dragon and even went on the occasional journey to watch dragons in different habitats… but watching something and being something were two entirely different things. This much I was beginning to understand. Whatever knowledge I had of dragons prior to this event didn’t really forewarn me or prepare me for this particular reality. I dearly hoped this draconic form had better instincts than I did as a human, as I would need every advantage I could get my paws on in order avoid an untimely death. If I could help it, I would greatly prefer to die as a human, that I was sure of. At least I thought I was sure of it.