zaverxi

Speculation about the holiday event!

So there's a thread for dragon releases in December, but that lasts all of one day on Christmas. What about the WEEKS LONG event that involves decorating/minigames?

Last year, it was snowball fights! Definitely the most fun I've had playing a dragcave game, nothing like wanton destruction of other peoples' carefully designed structures, hehehe.

The previous year, it was two events, the Christmas cooking and the gingerbread houses. I enjoyed both, my gingerbread house was turned into a chubby gold dragon, hehe.

The year before that, decorating Christmas wreaths.

The first year, decorating a Christmas tree.

What do people think will happen this year? What kind of events are people looking forward to?

Will it be another raffle?

Will the raffle be NEW prize dragons, or will it be tinsels and shimmers again?

Of course there will be a raffle biggrin.gif There *has* to be one.

I could imagine christmas cookie baking and decorating, although that's rather similar to the gingerbread houses. On the other hand, tree and wreaths weren't that different from each other either.

Instead of a snow fort, how about castles made of christmas gift boxes? laugh.gif

I'm ver ymuch looking forward to a possible event and the new holiday dragons. The events have been awesome these past years and I enjoyed them immensely.

Cookie baking actually sounds awesome, though that would be a lot like the cooking event from last year.

Maybe Christmas carolling?

Will it be another raffle?

Will the raffle be NEW prize dragons, or will it be tinsels and shimmers again?

I suppose there will be another raffle, though I'm not exactly looking forward to that particular part of the event as it usually ends with incredible luck for few and a lot of disappointment for the rest. I'm still not quite sure why there had to be a lottery event implemented in this game to begin with

In any case I DO hope they stick to the Tinsels and Shimmers and don't introduce yet another dragon that will only be available to a lucky few while everybody else has to sell their very soul to even hope for a chance of low-gen offspring :/

Edited by Rubin

The biggest issue is the fact that it's a 'holiday' event, so there has to be a non-religious event run. Decorating a tree was probably the most religious they could get, which is probably why they've been steering towards other things more. I mean, cooking and gingerbread houses and snow forts aren't specifically any holiday so that's good.

A new event, though... hm. Maybe a snowman? That has the potential to be entertaining, although I did like having the little PvP last year with snow fights. Something like that again would be awesome.

Pimping out a snowman could be fun though!

lol magical snowmen that could fight other snowmen. The more you level up, the better equipment you can unlock.

*suddenly pictures snowmen like Baymax*

Personally, I think a new Raffle dragon would be great IF it wasn't so hard for everyone to produce/get offspring so everyone could at least hope to get some gen of the new sprite within a few months and so share in the fun.

But for that, there'd need to be more winners and a better rate of production for the new ones and apparently a number of the current Prize owners, among others, object to this concept, (and quite possibly TJ as well,) so a new Prize sprite would only add to the current problems, as the standard craze for Must Have New Dragons NAOW from which we predominately suffer (why we're here, lol,) would drive the site even further off balance.

Although I certainly would like to see whatever could possibly match the Tinsels and Shimmers for distinctive beauty in order to make the grade as a Prize...

I myself would actually rather not have Christmas brawls (whether battles or food fights, although snow fights are traditional and objects rather than characters were being attacked, fitting better with the Season of Peace and Goodwill,) but I'll bet whatever's being worked on will be fabulous.

I dunno how these guys manage it, but every Event seems to be even more fun than the previous one, without at all exceeding them.

Must be magic...

I'd like to see another event like the snowball one. That was really fun. Gingerbread houses and wreaths are fun (I wasn't here for the trees), but I liked the snowball event the best.

As for the raffle, if there isn't one then I'll flip a table. If there's a new prize dragon, I'll flip a table. Just having a chance in the raffle is a blast for me, winning would just be a bonus. We definitely do not need a new prize dragon, though. I don't really agree with having more than one anyway.

Edited by Ultra

I really hope it is something along the lines of presents, where we collect tons of wrapping papers and ribbons and a small variety of items (maybe like the nutcracker from back during the tree decorating or snowflakes) and then we could send prettily decorated presents to our friends, and we would collect our stash of presents on "our" page, like with the flowers and vases. There doesn't even have to be anything inside really, the stash of pretty presents would be enough smile.gif

That would take the interaction of the snow fort event without the "fighting" aspect.

I really hope it is something along the lines of presents, where we collect tons of wrapping papers and ribbons and a small variety of items (maybe like the nutcracker from back during the tree decorating or snowflakes) and then we could send prettily decorated presents to our friends, and we would collect our stash of presents on "our" page, like with the flowers and vases. There doesn't even have to be anything inside really, the stash of pretty presents would be enough smile.gif

That would take the interaction of the snow fort event without the "fighting" aspect.

I love that idea!

And they could be stashed underneath a Christmas Tree like how the Valentine flowers were grown in a garden.

I loved the snow fort event last year. That was the most fun I've had yet on DragonCave. I still like clicking on people's forts on their scrolls to see what their forts look like. x3

I'm really looking forward to whatever happens - This'll be my first Christmas on DC! So there were snowball fights last year? Shame I missed it. Maybe they'll do it again, or something similar.

I like Herk's idea a lot.

As for the raffle thing, I'm sure there will be one, but I can't bring myself to be too gung-ho about it. After all, the chances of me winning this year are slim to none. (Besides, I have all the prize dragons I want at the moment anyway; if I do win, I'd ask if I could have a free zombie dragon instead.)

To be honest, I'm mostly looking foward to the breeding of the Christmas dragons of the past (gotta unlock some more Encyclopedia sprites). Plus, I can't wait to see this year's Christmas dragon. Based on the current pattern, we'll be getting a female-only breed.

Oooooh yes this! And if they can somehow combine it with the tree decorating contest from a few years ago (for those who have it) by putting the presents under THAT tree that'd be awesome! Maybe have a default tree image for those who weren't around then or missed it.

I definitely agree with the idea of presents. And to make it still work for a raffle, you have to send X many presents to people to get 'tickets' for the raffle. Collecting the 'trimmings' of presents like special wrapping paper, bows, stickers, etc as well as potential presents would be awesome. Dragon-themed presents, of course!

Lol a pillow shaped like a pillow dragon for instance.

Or... maybe! Remember how previous years they came out with holiday costumes for dragon sprites? What if you could send sprites to people to 'unlock' costumes for specific dragons in the dragon encyclopedia? Those would be useful presents in my opinion.

I think it would be fun to "build" a sleigh, pulled by "dragons" we "build" with dragon parts (think of Mr. Potato Head or way long time ago the 1950's Dr. Seuss Zoo creature building plastic toys....now I am really dating myself LOL! ) and then fill the sleigh with all sorts of packages we would have to decorate.

....or how about a present/gift give away, similar to Valentines Day when we gave flowers and cards.

....oh I know, how about stuffing stockings (all different shapes and sizes to choose from) with various items strewn about...we could decorate the stockings too.

I 'spose there will be another raffle but I have to admit that I've been very disappointed all the years we've had that because I wasn't lucky enough to get one of the prizes.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

All of the events so far have been tied to the raffle in some way, so this year's event probably will too. I would hope that TJ would announce that there would be no more raffles before the start of the holidays if that was going to be the case.

The snow war event was the most fun I had of any of the raffle events so far and I'd like something similar to that. I also really like Herk's idea as there hasn't really been any incorporation of presents/gift giving yet.

There will probably be tinsels and shimmers again. Dunno about new prize species and don't really care as the coals have been dismissed as an idea and people always seem to complain that there are more "unobtainable" dragons to collect when new prizes come out.

Edited by Jazeki

I'd love to have the snow forts again, though I realize it's unlikely. But the snow forts were just awesome. :-)

I personally love the raffle aspect of the holiday celebration each year. Nope. I've never won a prize, but ahhh the anticipation that I might! ;-)

Any game would be fun for me but the major pull to the site for me this time of year is definitely the raffle.

~Shaze

[...] my gingerbread house was turned into a chubby gold dragon, hehe.

Methinks it looks more like a Pikachu. biggrin.gif

Anyway, perhaps this year we get the interior of a house and play with that. Or maybe something to do with poinsettias. Or trinket trades/giving, like the flowers for Valentine's Day.

If DC follows the pattern from previous years, we'll get a raffle and a new breed of prize dragon this year.

I can't think up of any Christmas events, perhaps gifting and shopping? There's going to be a raffle for sure, but are we going to get a third prize dragon? If we do, I really look forward to it!

I really want to see the dressed-up dragons make a comeback. Just use the same sprites over again. I loved the lights-decked Nebulas so much. laugh.gif

I love the Christmas events SO MUCH. It's going to be a pain that we're moving in the middle of it, and worrisomely, we may be without internet for a few days. 0.0

what if there was a gift wrapping game of some sort? I don't know how it would work, but I think it would be cool.

I bet it's going to be like. You get a rock. You decorate it with more rocks. No gems, just rocks.

Being Australian, I think it would be cool if there was a BBQ event or something. That's what we do around Christmas in Australia. smile.giftongue.gif

Haha. Or maybe something to do with Chickens? KFC is THE Christmas food in Japan, lol. tongue.gif

I'm trying to think as far outside the box as possible, can you tell? tongue.gif

Hehe.

Or maybe something to do with Chickens? KFC is THE Christmas food in Japan, lol. tongue.gif

Whut. Happy that my Japanese husband, our clan and friends are rather decent people. No time for Christmas stuff, work, Bounenkai and cleaning up the whole living area to begin the new year fresh&clean it is (husband actually has an appointment for the dentist on the evening of 24th, after work, and 0 Christmas Trees are given). I in fact have never eaten KFC once in all the 7 years I've been living here.

-------------------------------------

As for DC holiday event: I want something fun, easy & nothing which will need too much time &effort to enter the raffle - I'll be busy. Maybe a game where you have to dress up as Santa and shoot snowballs at presents & dancing reindeers?

Oh and NEW RAFFLE PRIZE DRAGONS PLEASE.

Edited by Mondat

I bet it's going to be like. You get a rock. You decorate it with more rocks. No gems, just rocks.

This is great. Thanks for the chuckle!! And I would be forever amused if this were the case!

I liked the suggestion someone made of giving gifts to each other like the Valentine flowers. Though, I confess I had tons of fun playing with the snow forts last year. It was fun to make them and fun to have fights. But I really don't know what sort of even to expect.

Another raffle would be okay with me. But part of me would be fine if there weren't any prize dragons. Though that might be my own past disappointment speaking. tongue.gif I like the idea of the Honorable Mention where you can pick out a dragon from most of the available ones and maybe even choose a custom code.

I'm getting excited! It makes me happy that I can keep bred offspring. That added another level to the game for me.

Edited by ytak

Ooh a gifting game again would be fun! I loved the flower games we've had on past valentines! It's so much fun to collect as much as possible :3

I loved the one from this year where you had to grow them first biggrin.gif Shame I didn't send all of mine since I didn't know that we woudn't be able to see our garden once the event was done.. Oh well ^^

A crafting game would be fun again. The pie baking from '12 was fun, tho you didn't really interact much with other players. Maybe something like making candy and sending it to other people could work? Gathering the ingredients as clickables and then creating the candy and send it to another user, randomly or chosen. :3

On another note, when do you guys think we will actually see this event. Last years event started on December 12th which is almost a week ago now. I keep trying not to egglock myself in case the event suddenly pop up tongue.gif

Also: New prize dragons! Yes please! :3

Edited by Phenri