zaverxi

Speculation about the holiday event!

Shouldn't the event have started by now? I've only been in last year's event but even though the forum start was 19th (tomorrow) I remember it starting earlier. School holidays start in 2 days and I don't remember a only couple of days last year with the event/school at the same time. I thought that it was at least a week. Hopefully it will start tomorrow and be a bit more active like last year's event.

Normally the event starts in conjunction with breeding for past holiday dragons - which we normally get a full week of (7 days) - which means it should start tonight at Midnight!!

Shouldn't the event have started by now? I've only been in last year's event but even though the forum start was 19th (tomorrow) I remember it starting earlier. School holidays start in 2 days and I don't remember a only couple of days last year with the event/school at the same time. I thought that it was at least a week. Hopefully it will start tomorrow and be a bit more active like last year's event.

Hi, Swarmlord2,

perhaps the days of the week were different last year, but the event actually still started on the 19th. smile.gif

And we're hoping that breeding will begin at DC midnight tonight, lol, but can't be sure until after TJ announces the start.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=157218

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Posted: Dec 19 2013, 01:00 AM

Yunno, I'd totally be interesting in rock-decorating! That sounds like something I'd do IRL. But all of these suggestions are interesting, can't wait to see what really happens!

Bah, I was hoping it would start today, too (I didn't math correctly). I seriously cannot wait for tomorrow.

And I really, really dig the rock decorating idea. xd.png

I like the idea of decorating a house. Basic picture of your typical house from Suburbia. Items to decorate with: strings of lights, inflatable yard decorations, plastic Santas, garlands of green stuff and/or holly, potted poinsettas, icicles to dangle from the gutters, etc. etc.

I love driving around town and checking out everyones outdoor decorations.. and deciding if they are cool or downright tacky, lol.

I'm actually glad it hasn't started yet since I got myself loaded with eggs. Hopefully they should all hatch by sometime tomorrow, it's really hard to have a free egg spot and not go hunting, since I'm used to being egg-locked.

I'm feeling very impatient right now. I don't really mind what event we have this year as long as it's as fun as last years event. Still wish we could do Snow Wars again.

I'm also relieved and a bit nervous that it hasn't started yet. Keeping your scroll free can be a pain with the nice eggs that appear in the AP

it's really hard to have a free egg spot and not go hunting, since I'm used to being egg-locked.

I'm having the same problem, though at least as a newbie I've no breeding to do, and just failed to resist picking up a Paper Dragon egg by the coast :/

mostly looking forward to the new christmas dragon and the raffle.

i hope theres a new prize breed this year and TJ moves the Shim's and Tins to HM (or even retires them all together from the raffle) and increases their breeding ratio slightly of the existing prize dragons.

i know that people dont like the idea of retiring a breed, but not flooding the cave with new lines will help the older ones produce. and i'm not interested in debating this on this thread as its not the place. this is just my opinion.

for a new prize dragon, i really want to see a Two-Headed Prize baby, a Pygmy Prize baby and a Drake prize baby eventually wub.gif so that those dragon types get some love as well aside from they have a new species released. i think a pygmy prize dragon would be outstanding wub.gif

edit - also, i thought the breeding season opened up this morning dry.gif *sigh's and goes back to re-do her breeding schedule*

Edited by Red2111

I'm having the same problem, though at least as a newbie I've no breeding to do, and just failed to resist picking up a Paper Dragon egg by the coast :/

Heh, well I definitely don't blame you for that. I'd grab a paper too if I saw one. For now though, i'm pretty happy with my CB/rare collection. Unless I grab another CB Gold or a CB Silver I'll probably gift the others in exchange for nice-lineaged Holidays.

Edited by Syiren

i hope theres a new prize breed this year and TJ moves the Shim's and Tins to HM (or even retires them all together from the raffle) and increases their breeding ratio slightly of the existing prize dragons.

Tins and Shims were available as limited HM prizes last year. If I recall, people could move up to prizes if prize winners declined in favor of HMs. Though, I wouldn't mind them being available as complete HM options (without contingencies) if a new prize is released. I'd rather them still being in main prize rotation as well.

I AM STILL ALSO FOR RECOLORED STONES IN ROCK CANDY COLORS laugh.gif

lucky you. Not only is my luck horrible, but I'm also so slow. Still, found a CB thunder yesterday so that was a nice score!

Goodness, I'm just so excited for the event! I've missed so many holidays, but the snowball fight last year was really fun. On the subject of hollies, I wish mine was a bit nicer lineaged. ^^; Her lineage looks rather like a tornado hit it. I'll be putting her babies into the AP tonight, though, so hopefully some people are happy with them. smile.gif

Goodness, I'm just so excited for the event! I've missed so many holidays, but the snowball fight last year was really fun. On the subject of hollies, I wish mine was a bit nicer lineaged. ^^; Her lineage looks rather like a tornado hit it. I'll be putting her babies into the AP tonight, though, so hopefully some people are happy with them. smile.gif

Any holly is fine with me! xd.png

Tins and Shims were available as limited HM prizes last year. If I recall, people could move up to prizes if prize winners declined in favor of HMs. Though, I wouldn't mind them being available as complete HM options (without contingencies) if a new prize is released. I'd rather them still being in main prize rotation as well.

I AM STILL ALSO FOR RECOLORED STONES IN ROCK CANDY COLORS laugh.gif

No. Last year TJ made 6 prize categories.

1- gold shim / 2 -silver shim / 3 - bronze shim / 4 - gold tin / 5 - silver tin / 6 - bronze tin.

Ad has been with the raffle, if you won a top place, you could always decline your place in favor for nothing at all or downgrade your prize. So shim winners could request a tin or HM instead, or if you won a silver tin you could ask for a bronze tin or HM instead.

This did happen and has happened every raffle. And when this happens, the list shifts. If a gold shim winner requests a bronze shimmer instead, then someone from the silver shim winners gets moved up to gold, and a person from the bronze shim winners gets a silver shim.

Because the prize dragons were actual prizes they were not given out as limited HMs. Whoever told you that was mistaken. A HM prize is an honorable mention, a "you didn't get picked high enough to get a prize dragon, but you did get pucked so here's a cool dragon you can't get in cave". Seeing as the prize dragons are part of the top prizes, having them as HMs actually undermines the raffle process and isn't logical. If an original HM winner ended up with a prize dragon then its either because they got moved up the list cause a prize winner wanted an HM instead, or because they traded for it.

@ Red2111- I think you actually misunderstood me. I was referring to the fact that HM winners had a slim shot at getting prizes even though they weren't top tier winners as per TJ's original raffle post in 2014.

"30 of the winners received an honorable mention, and have the possibility of being upgraded to a prize dragon if a higher-placed winner does not choose a prize dragon."

Some HM winners did end up with prizes, so they were what I consider "limited HMs".

I know what HM means and I was saying that I would like for tinsels and shimmers to be given out as HMs only as opposed to being completely retired if a new prize dragon was released.

Edited by Jazeki

This time in one hour we'll be counting down the last 5 minutes! I'm so excited guys!

This time in one hour we'll be counting down the last 5 minutes! I'm so excited guys!

Eee!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

*makes more coffee*

Is the site not working for anyone else? I type the URL and it just takes me to a blank white screen.

Is the site not working for anyone else? I type the URL and it just takes me to a blank white screen.

I was getting the same thing around 15 minutes ago

10 minutes now

Edited by Santa07