zaverxi

Speculation about the holiday event!

I also like the idea of sending gifts to fellow members, although the snow forts last year were definitely very fun. Of course, there must be a raffle, and I think it'd be cool to see a new Prize dragon (and a tad upsetting).

Oooh I really like the idea of giving presents to other players, similar to the Valentine flowers. Especially the gift-wrapping aspect of it, I love making pretty presents. happy.gif

Then again, I also liked the cooking event a few years past so something like that would be nice. Perhaps baking and decorating gingerbreads? Or maybe that would be too similar to the gingerbread house event...

Well, whatever the event is, I'm really looking forward to it!

And a consolation prize for all raffle participants would be cool. Select a cool code and any currently available non-holiday non-prize breed ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

And a consolation prize for all raffle participants would be cool. Select a cool code and any currently available non-holiday non-prize breed ...

No, I don't think so. We do get the new holiday dragon; and we get to participate. That's enough.

Meh ... I don't like raffles so much ... I still think it would be cool if there were no losers.

Lol, there may be very few Raffle winners, but there aren't any losers, just people (comprising nearly all of the Cave, btw,) who didn't have an almost impossible occurrence, an outright miracle, happen.

Everybody has the same virtually nonexistent chance of winning.

We don't get sent to concentration camps or anything if we don't have a CB Prize dragon to fly us out.

We don't actually even compete with the Raffle winners to 'lose' the Raffle, it's just entirely randomized luck, and thank goodness, because there's no reason for anyone to feel like a loser for not having that randomized program land on their name.

It's not a question of 'winners AND losers', just that once a year, some varying few people, among what then forms a relatively tiny group among the players, has miraculous good fortune, this on an annual basis - and if we look at having the same results as almost everyone else in the Cave as 'losing', then we'll miss out on the fun and make ourselves depressed to no purpose.

I'll admit the Coal dragon as an attendance gift would have been both appropriate and cool, but I guess that's just another beautiful sprite variation which will never see the light of day.

Lol, there may be very few Raffle winners, but there aren't any losers, just people (comprising nearly all of the Cave, btw,) who didn't have an almost impossible occurrence, an outright miracle, happen.

Everybody has the same virtually nonexistent chance of winning.

We don't get sent to concentration camps or anything if we don't have a CB Prize dragon to fly us out.

We don't actually even compete with the Raffle winners to 'lose' the Raffle, it's just entirely randomized luck, and thank goodness, because there's no reason for anyone to feel like a loser for not having that randomized program land on their name.

It's not a question of 'winners AND losers', just that once a year, some varying few people, among what then forms a relatively tiny group among the players, has miraculous good fortune, this on an annual basis - and if we look at having the same results as almost everyone else in the Cave as 'losing', then we'll miss out on the fun and make ourselves depressed to no purpose.

I'll admit the Coal dragon as an attendance gift would have been both appropriate and cool, but I guess that's just another beautiful sprite variation which will never see the light of day.

some of this would be a better argument if not for the fact that that random luck means that someone could potentially end up with more than 1 CB prize. i know of at least 1 person who has 2 as ive seen lines from it. to make it truly fair for everyone anyone who already has one should only be allowed to win an HM prize

We're totally going to have rock decorating, and then there'll be a raffle, except all the prizes are just recolored Stone dragons.

user posted image

secret art leak, rock decorating confirmed

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Why not a third Prize dragon as a lot of you said, but it's based not on Tinsel, but the Star? Still Christmas Tree-based.

Mostly I'm just wondering on when the black Sweetling will show up in the encyclopedia. Also Leetle Trees.

We're totally going to have rock decorating, and then there'll be a raffle, except all the prizes are just recolored Stone dragons.

user posted image

Omg TCA you almost made me snort my cereal milk that's hilarious! xd.png

some of this would be a better argument if not for the fact that that random luck means that someone could potentially end up with more than 1 CB prize. i know of at least 1 person who has 2 as ive seen lines from it. to make it truly fair for everyone anyone who already has one should only be allowed to win an HM prize

So they got double-lucky - good for them! smile.gif

Nearly all of us would like to win, but the fact remains that just because we don't randomly have a one-in-however-many-thousands miracle doesn't make us losers.

And I do feel that's not an argument but a point, and an important one, because concentrating on 'feeling like a loser' spoils people's fun.

We have virtually no chance of winning, just a vague hope, so why get upset over it?

Don't worry, be happy, and hope we get a Release in the empty space this year, so we can get (a) new dragon(s)! smile.gif

Re-edit: actually, if I recall correctly, there is apparently one person who traded for one CB Prize (from someone who couldn't be bothered with it or some such thing,) on top of the one he won, and I believe there's already been some confusion over this, so perhaps this could be the person with 2 CB Prizes to whom you referred?

'nother re-edit: thanks, prpldrgnfr - so two people have the capacity to produce PB 2nd gen Prizes?

If they have/do, I hope I get to see the lineages sometime!

Edit: TheCompleteAnimorph: thanks for the giggle!

And I suppose the recoloured Stones will produce recoloured Pebbles?

Edited by Syphoneira

Re-edit: actually, if I recall correctly, there is apparently one person who traded for one CB Prize (from someone who couldn't be bothered with it or some such thing,) on top of the one he won, and I believe there's already been some confusion over this, so perhaps this could be the person with 2 CB Prizes to whom you referred?

Actually, there's two players with 2 CBs, one person had a friend who won, couldn't be bothered, and traded it to them. The other actually won twice.

I have no idea what the event might be, but the games are a lot of fun!

Rock, you are a rock.

Gray, you are gray.

Like a rock.

Which you are.

Rock.

On topic, I'd love some present decorating and gifting. Something like the vases and flowers for Valentines. smile.gif That was awesome.

Edited by Wends

What about making toys and gifting them?

This would be great! Select a toy, select a wrap and gift them around smile.gif

*image*

That's so Raven freaking awesome ZOMIGOSH I can't breathe! Forget the rest, DC needs to celebrate the epic amazingness of stones! Stone decorating for the win!

The Stones could be recoloured to look like Prizes

Edited by Hazel360

Do you also think that people who buy raffle tickets IRL shouldn't be allowed to win twice, too ? they got the whisky last year, so they can only get a packet of M&Ms next time ?

It's random luck. Someone was extra lucky. Every ticket goes into the hat and the ones that are pulled out win. How much more fair could it get ? And yes to whoever just said that - I do wish that all those among the vast majority of players who do NOT win would stop saying (and more to the point, falling into the mind-set of) waaah I didn't win. We get a fun event. We get a holiday dragon. I don't suppose anyone will buy me the book I want for Christmas; being as it has been OOP so very long that the cheapest I have ever seen it on line was over £1000 - NOT OK for one book. Someone else will be LUCKY enough to have the money to buy it; someone else may even be lucky enough to get it as a gift. That doesn't mean I can't hope they enjoy it and enjoy the gifts I did get.

"Be content with what you've got.

What you've got is quite a lot".

(Florence - the Magic Roundabout.)

How about a ski jump.... xd.png

but the toys - that sounds like fun...

Edited by fuzzbucket

See, you cannot mean me - I won a HM and *still* don't like raffles. xd.png It mostly made me dream about all the impossible lineages with breed-only dragons!

Hm, alright then ... Instead, how about an event where only all of the breed-only dragons drop for a day or three in the cave? laugh.gif That would be a nice christmas gift, in my eyes. Probably not in yours, so you can have your raffle with prizes etc. happy.gif

If I recall correctly, the person who has two cb prizes does so because they won one and so did their spouse, then their spouse gave the egg to them. They didn't win twice. If this is the same person, of course. I remember reading about it in last year's holiday thread.

There are at least two three people who own two CB prizes each, though.

There is one player with a Bronze Tinsel and a Bronze Shimmer - rumours I heard say, they traded for the second one.

There is one player with a Bronze and a Silver Shimmer - I think that was the one who actually won twice.

There was one player with a Silver Tinsel and a Silver Shimmer, but their scroll got burnt, and neither dragon ever had any offspring. I suspect that their second prize was the spouse's one.

I kinda got carried away. What does this have to do with the christmas event, again?

Let's paint rocks. With pieces of coal.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

*spoiler image*

biggrin.gif That sounds like fun! I'd go for a recolored stone dragon.

Rock decorating!

Just have to say, I think TCA wins this thread!

I favor the gift giving idea too- soon we will know!

I want a rainbow-colored Stone dragon! biggrin.gif Or a sunfloweryellow one!

I'm looking forward to the event...whatever it is. I enjoy the games. wink.gif

Also, excited about breeding & catching 'years past' Christmas dragons! smile.gif

I'm hoping for a 'new design' prize dragon this year. The Tinsels & Shimmers are beautiful, but I'm ready for something 'fresh and new'. laugh.gif

user posted image

Yay! Everyone gets a rock! LOL. Honestly, if this were the real event, I'd be happy.