Ayelldee

Conjectures ABout November Release

We had a Black Friday release last two years... I have a feeling we could have a Cyber Monday one this time

Cyber Monday is a marketing term created to drive online sales after retailers realized the Monday following Thanksgiving was one of the biggest online shopping days of the year. dry.gif

Cyber Monday is a thing started by some online company. It first was used in 2005 or thereabouts, and refers to the first Monday after Thanksgiving. That would be December 1 this year. I don't think that's out of the realms of possibility, but TJ tends to stick to weekends, so I'd think less likely than Black Friday (Friday technically is also a weekday but can also be considered part of the weekend...)

Or it could be tomorrow... tomorrow's still Sunday, a weekend biggrin.gif

I'm not sure TJ would want to drop a release on a day when most people are out shopping.

I think it's more likely to be today than tomorrow. I don't think he's ever released eggs on a Sunday, he's been releasing only on Saturdays at 1pm EST for a while now except for holidays and the birthday thing. Well, except for Friday last year.

Heh he released eggs on the very last day of November just to get the 'November' release out ahaha

And in case people are still confused, 1pm EST is in one hour from now. Just check to see what time I edit this and you'll be able to hopefully add an hour to that and get the right time. xd.png

Edited by zaverxi

I kind of hope we do get a new release, but not until tomorrow. I have eggs that I have invested too much in to ditch and one that I bred for someone else, so I would only have 3 spaces if it comes this afternoon. Oh, well, there is never a perfect time unless we are warned ahead of time. wink.gif

Cyber Monday is a thing started by some online company. It first was used in 2005 or thereabouts, and refers to the first Monday after Thanksgiving. That would be December 1 this year. I don't think that's out of the realms of possibility, but TJ tends to stick to weekends, so I'd think less likely than Black Friday (Friday technically is also a weekday but can also be considered part of the weekend...)

Although a Cyber Monday release would be awesome, that would be a December release as opposed to a November one.

I'm hoping for next weekend, but I don't really mind if it happens either today or tomorrow. I should have some slots opening up today.

Would love a Cyber Monday release, since I do all my shopping online to avoid the crazy drivers and people acting stupid...being on the computer anyways and doing both would be a win-win! biggrin.gif

Ok given there's nothing today, 90% certain it'll be on Friday. The other 10% is split between Saturday like normal releases or Sunday for TJ releasing them last minute again. xd.png

Probably no chance of it being on Monday though, since it wouldn't be a 'November release'. Maybe in the future if Cyber Monday falls on a November day, but I hope not. Most people go to work/school on Monday and a 1pm release on a Monday would just be cruel.

What date is Black Friday? - it's one of those 'American' things we don't have here in Europe

And when is Cyber Monday?

What date is Black Friday? - it's one of those 'American' things we don't have here in Europe

And when is Cyber Monday?

Black Friday is November 28. Cyber Monday is December 1.

Thanksgiving is on the 4th Thursday in November. Black Friday is the day right after that because it's the day when many people take the day off work and go christmas shopping instead, meaning profit for the stores (the explanation I've heard about the "black" part, as opposed to "red" as a term for financial loss). And on the previous thread page here, Cyber Monday has been explained as the Monday following Black Friday, for online shopping laugh.gif

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29

(these two days, Thursday and Friday, are usually the days when our techsupport people get *zero* calls from our US customers laugh.gif)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

So chances are that the release will be in the next four hours?

I'll be keeping a tight eye on the news section. biggrin.gif Though TJ might pull another EST 1PM release.

The last few releases have been at 1 pm EST, so I think there's a better chance of 1 pm tomorrow than midnight tonight. Of course, TJ could do the release on Saturday too, as the last few have been Saturdays.

Thanks for the confirmation, Fiona! smile.gif

Thats great for the majority of the DC players, but it looks like I'll have to stay up a bit more then, thats 1AM for me.

Whoa, that's gonna be early morning for me too.

asian/australianproblems

Tell me about it @_@

What day though? Friday or Saturday?

Edited by Taryn123

Tell me about it @_@

What day though? Friday or Saturday?

If it releases 1PM EST then it'll be 1AM on saturday for us.

edit: Oops, or for Australia it's around 4AM.

Edited by suskekun222

I've never been here for a release besides the Halloween one, so how will this work? Will the eggs be in the cave for an hour or two, a whole day?