Ayelldee

Conjectures ABout November Release

YES!

Please!

A Release with a week's warning, so we don't have to dump everything we so painstakingly collected to grab new ones in case they're virtually unobtainable later.

And a return to midnight Releases!

*gazes off into space, lost in the dream of actually catching new dragons...*

*looks for like button*

Some kind of heads-up would be so lovely.

Annnd another weekend sneaks up on us. I'll not snag/breed any new eggs til after Saturday afternoon in case His Nibs decides to surprise us.

Annnd another weekend sneaks up on us. I'll not snag/breed any new eggs til after Saturday afternoon in case His Nibs decides to surprise us.

I forgot about that, I need to do the same in case of sneaky sneaky! xd.png

Oh shoot, many eggs on my scroll and I have a bad feeling the release will be this weekend. xd.png

I'm expecting a late November release, likely the weekend of Black Friday. With Halloween and Christmas both being at the very ends of their months, it makes sense for the release in between to also be at the end to make the gaps between releases about equal.

Watch it be like the Nhiostrife release :U

Oh shoot, many eggs on my scroll and I have a bad feeling the release will be this weekend. xd.png

Bet you're right - I have undroppable eggs, including a gift and one I caught yesterday with my birthdate on it... and if I don't catch the Flood, I'm likely in trouble ever getting any unless extremely common...

I'd never have had some of the previous Releases I missed if not for an angelic friend with a fast work computer.

I'm not expecting a release this month, but will be pleasantly surprised if there is one  after all smile.gif

Also, ehm, since I'm not from the US... when exactly is Black Friday/Thanksgiving? So I know when I should definitely check xd.png

Last Thursday/Friday of the month ^^ So two weeks from yesterday/today.

EEF: I'm expecting it to be about when they were released tongue.gif I'm a bit confused by your emoticon, though. Did something bad happen during the release?

Edited by PieMaster

Probably fairly common. Trihorns and Nhiostrifes aren't all that rare either, and with holidays coming we don't have time to religiously hunt rares.

Super common, I'm sure. And I'm betting the release will be on Black Friday.

Super common, I'm sure. And I'm betting the release will be on Black Friday.

Oooooo, I hope you're right!

Oh, blarg, I forgot about the possibility of another release before Christmas. I know TJ said no more regular releases aside from the holidays. But I think I agree that we'll get another one sometime this month. Maybe not around Thanksgiving. Perhaps in a week? All the Halloweens will be grown by then (though they should be finished up now) and it would be close enough to when they were released before but not too close to be predictable. I'm probably wrong. I'd actually be ok if we did not have another release until Christmas. *eyes scroll* I'm working on a project and would be happy to have all my egg slots for a while.

It will be around noon for *someone* at least. The recent ones have been in the evening for me, which is a great change considering that they used to be in the frigging-early morning for me.

Soo if your right in the above post then..

DC is 16 hours behind me ( AEDT + 11/10)

So in this case, any Australians worried about not getting the new eggs should not worry, as a midnight release is at 4pm or 3pm the day after.

( If it's the 27 release - they will be release at 4/3pm on the 28th or if its the 28th release, they will be released at 4/3pm on the 29th.

Or if the site does something funny, the eggs will be released on the registered days, but then that would make the releases a few days early. The 25th or the 26th.

3 pm applies to those Aussies or EST people who are not on Day Light Savings)

.. I hope i have not confused anyone xd.png

So are we clearing our scroll for a possible release? Im not sure yet sleep.gif might try not to breed important eggs.

At the time of the previous release the cave was still on daylight savings time. It no longer is daylight savings time for the eastern time zone, so the time showing on that thread is off by an hour. It says noon, but the release actually happened at 1 pm EDT. (eastern daylight savings time) Telling people to look at the last release time is going to throw them off by an hour.

During daylight savings time the cave is at GMT -4 hours. Daylight savings time ends the first Sunday of November. That was November 2 this year. When daylight savings time is not in effect the cave is at GMT -5 hours.

So, if we're going to have a Black Friday release at 1 pm EST (eastern standard time) then it would be November 28 at 1pm EST or 6pm GMT. Of course, TJ could choose a different date or a different time.

It will be around noon for *someone* at least. The recent ones have been in the evening for me, which is a great change considering that they used to be in the frigging-early morning for me.

I used to like the midnight releases as they were always around the time when I came back home from night shift. So I'd get a fair chance at grabbing some CBs. With the later drop time, the drop tends to be exactly while I am at work :-/

Edited by Rubin

At the time of the previous release the cave was still on daylight savings time. It no longer is daylight savings time for the eastern time zone, so the time showing on that thread is off by an hour. It says noon, but the release actually happened at 1 pm EDT. (eastern daylight savings time) Telling people to look at the last release time is going to throw them off by an hour.

Well, still works perfectly fine if you just forget that stupid forum setting about daylight savings and leave it activated ...

For the record, I loathe this daylight saving timechange crap. Always messes things up, especially when every nation has their own date set for changing.

For the record, I loathe this daylight saving timechange crap. Always messes things up, especially when every nation has their own date set for changing.

I hear your pain, and echo the sentiment. I wish they'd stop playing with our clocks. It's confusing.

I really wish we could do away with DST, maybe even all the "timezones" in general! Why does it matter that everyone's day starts at midnight for them?? While it may cause some confusion at first, at least everyone would be on the same page, time-wise.

But anyway...

I suppose we have two weekends left. It's not even guaranteed to happen on weekends but with finals/midterms and final projects for those in school I doubt TJ would release during the week right now. And next week is Thanksgiving anyway. Really hoping it's this weekend.