Ayelldee

Conjectures ABout November Release

I know we just finished with the chaos of a Halloween Release. I'm wondering if we'll have a November Release between now and Xmas. I think we had the Nhiostrifes last November - correct?

So, what're your thoughts on this November?? When will it happen since the 'scheduled' releases are no more?

I could kinda see him doing a Black Friday thing again......

I don't think there will be a November release. I think he'll let us relax a bit from the Halloween release/breeding. o-o

He's done a Black Friday sort of release for the last two years. I'm kind of expecting the same again this year. Probably a single dragon, no color morphs, just two to four eggs in the release post.

That's my expectation and what I will plan for. Trihorns were Black Friday (the Friday after US Thanksgiving Day) in 2012. The Nhiostrifes were Saturday, November 30 (the day after Black Friday) in 2013.

Well, I hope we get one, although in some respects rather dreading it, due to alterations of which I've read.

Personally, reading about these changes, I was almost glad I'd missed so much time online and am not happy about going back to randomized ones we can't plan for.

That means people dumping needed eggs/hatchies to get new eggs because of the slower people's best and possibly only chance of getting them being in a Flood they might very likely miss.

Even if slower people get on while new eggs are dropping more heavily, hammer-clicking is possible only in a Flood and may be the only chance of many to load up on eggs it may be virtually impossible for them to get later, besides being at risk of locking themselves with something else during the remaining period of more likely catching.

And if these are still afternoon Releases, then we're packing practically everyone in together at the same time, rather than having a period where those having trouble catching can have the option of staying up (in time zones where this applies, obviously, smile.gif ) to have a better chance, so that people can fill up quickly and easily and allow others to catch, while those already locked can relax and enjoy the thread.

While I can speak only for myself, I know that I do very much want any new eggs, (frantically collecting what I can get of those Releases I missed, and would hate to have to abandon any of those,) but not additional stress in a game I play for fun and relaxation, and I hope that the unplanned/afternoon Releases haven't been/won't be the ordeals for many that some Releases in the past - at DC midnight - were.

I obviously don't know how the other day-time Releases went, as most of the people not catching anything/very little generally don't post, and in the case of ultra-commons, (although we never know at the time) this isn't quite so big a deal further down the road, (although people do want to catch a batch during the Release, and otherwise tend to feel disappointment rather than joy,) but I did want to bring up these points, as people on faster systems often don't realize exactly what difficulty their 'minor challenge' may represent to those on slower systems or to those with disabilities.

That said, I should think that a Release around the end of November would be a reasonable time, and a Black Friday Release, (which we could at least semi-plan for, in hope,) a reasonable expectation...

I would be pleasantly surprised if there was a release.

I hope we get a new breed.

Probably in late November if any time.

But, only one new breed considering it's between Halloween and Christmas.

I'd prefer there not be a release. I'd like to stick up on BSA dragons before Christmas.

I won't be upset if there is, but I would enjoy not havjng one this month. Either way works.

I'm guessing there will be a Black Friday release, but I won't prepare too readily.

I'd prefer there not be a release. I'd like to stick up on BSA dragons before Christmas.

I won't be upset if there is, but I would enjoy not havjng one this month. Either way works.

I'm guessing there will be a Black Friday release, but I won't prepare too readily.

a new release is a few days of locking, with maybe some trades added to the mix. stocking up on bsa? can be done the rest of the month...

I could kinda see him doing a Black Friday thing again......

I remember that! ohmy.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a release on black Friday again.

I think the drop, if any, will be later in the month like before Thanksgiving (a bad time to drop on Thanksgiving weekend as obviously many people traveling to see and be with family). That would work as the next time are the much awaited Christmas Dragons (yahoo!)

I'd be cool with a Black Friday weekend release, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a November release due to the lateness in the month that is Halloween and the big Christmas events and releases. sad.gif

I DO wish we'd get an announcement a week or so in advance of the release, even if they are going to be randomized, so that we can plan accordingly.

a new release is a few days of locking, with maybe some trades added to the mix. stocking up on bsa? can be done the rest of the month...

I'd rather spend those few days locked with Pinks and Reds than a new breed.

It doesn't matter largely to me, however.

I would love to see a November release as I just joined November 1, it would be the first dragon since I joined so I would defiantly do a lot with it! smile.gif

If you'd rather stock up on BSAs, then do so and wait for the new breed rush to die down. tongue.gif

Hoping for and expecting a Black Friday release~

I'm not expecting a release this month, but will be pleasantly surprised if there is one after all smile.gif

Also, ehm, since I'm not from the US... when exactly is Black Friday/Thanksgiving? So I know when I should definitely check xd.png

I'm really hoping for a release! I don't see any issue with a release, a few extra egg doesn't completely destroy your pink & red BSA's, cooldown is short enough still.

Black Friday is November 28 this year. In the US Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November, which happens to be November 27 this year.

Black Friday is November 28 this year. In the US Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November, which happens to be November 27 this year.

Thanks for letting us know smile.gif

It must be exciting to have the two together, or exciting for retailers at least xd.png

Thanks for letting us know smile.gif

It must be exciting to have the two together, or exciting for retailers at least xd.png

All it means to Oddsox and me is that we'll be doing no shopping that Friday/weekend as the crowds are most obnoxious.

I'd be cool with a Black Friday weekend release, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a November release due to the lateness in the month that is Halloween and the big Christmas events and releases. sad.gif

I DO wish we'd get an announcement a week or so in advance of the release, even if they are going to be randomized, so that we can plan accordingly.

YES!

Please!

A Release with a week's warning, so we don't have to dump everything we so painstakingly collected to grab new ones in case they're virtually unobtainable later.

And a return to midnight Releases!

*gazes off into space, lost in the dream of actually catching new dragons...*

I'm expecting a late November release, likely the weekend of Black Friday. With Halloween and Christmas both being at the very ends of their months, it makes sense for the release in between to also be at the end to make the gaps between releases about equal.