bbik

Indicate more info is available to unlock

It would be great if there were an icon to show that a breed had more information available to unlock -- especially given how many say to check back later.

As it stands right now, there is no way that I am going to regularly check through every dragon's page to see if something else just happened to show up, or see how many more hundreds of dragons I need to click to complete this current round. If, however, there were such an icon, I might be interested in seeing what the available information is -- or even see that the information exists at all!

Well, as the title suggest, I was thinking about this when checking my encyclopedia entries. The idea is a simple one that, I believe, wouldn't be difficult to code. It consist in adding a simple visual marker (an X, or a warning sign, or something of the sort), in every uncompleted encyclopedia entry in the encyclopedia's main page. That is, something next to the image of a dragon.

The idea behind this is to make it easier to see which entries are not completed without having to go through every single entry, thus making it easier to detect and to work specifically on those entries.

This should apply to every entry that;

- Still has avaliable info to unlock.

- Has a sprite missing.

This would also be very useful when new info is added in the encyclopedia. I have a completed encyclopedia (with the exception of the summer seasonal egg), so I wouldn't worry about say, Terraes, when I know they're completed. I know it says to check back periodically to see if there is new info, but I think it would be more simple and easier to simply add a certain visual sign that signals an entry is uncompleted. That way, you only have to go through the main encyclopedia page without having to click on every single entry.

As it is obvious, the suggestion is open to debate. I believe it is a simple idea from which everyone can benefit, and it would imply little strain to the web's code.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'd rather have it the other way: give completed entries something to recognise them by. like a golden star or something.

Either works for me. Just something to show those entries that need work and those that don't.

Cheers!

C4.

Yes, I support some sort of marker to distinguish completed from incomplete entries. It's pretty annoying to have to refer to my spreadsheet all the time.

Full support, whether it's a marker for completed entries, or incomplete entries. Or perhaps a page that says "You have X left to complete Y" or something

This would be perfect, and I fully support the idea. It's a pain to have to go through each entry to check if it's completed or not.

Copying from News post:

Will there ever be some sort of indicator where you can see what eggs/hatchlings/adult sprites have not been unlocked?

Or perhaps have some indicator or icon next to the breed name once you have "completed" it.

It is a bit time consuming to open every dragon to check it is all uploaded. Since some breeds don't have info, perhaps have two icons, one for unlocking all sprites, and another for unlocking all info.

Yes please, on all counts - icons for complete observation and/or icons for incomplete entries, and icons for unlocking all of the sprites.

I'd even love to have a badge for having a complete Encyclopedia so that others can see you've put in the effort to complete yours, and each time a new dragon is released the badge goes grey/silhouetted on your scroll as if to say "you once completed your encyclopedia, but now you must lurk once again" and then goes back to it's normal colour once you've completed it again, or stays grey if you are not keeping up.

I don't think a badge for a completed encyclopedia is possible, since it will just keep getting info added to it all the time.

A badge for 10, 15, 25 breeds completed may be a possibility though.

I don't think a badge for a completed encyclopedia is possible, since it will just keep getting info added to it all the time.

I think

and each time a new dragon is released the badge goes grey/silhouetted on your scroll ...[snip]...  and then goes back to it's normal colour once you've completed it again, or stays grey if you are not keeping up.
is the key part.

I really love the idea of a dynamic badge like that. I don't know if badges can be made dynamic very easily but if so this would be pretty darn cool, and I think helpful for keeping people engaged in unlocking new content.

I was thinking something possibly like this:

Some icons to use:

user posted image

Eye: You have unlocked the evolution line images for that breed.

Paper: You have unlocked all available information on the breed. (Would not show on breed with no additional info?)

Exclamation point: This breed now has more things to unlock than before.

It would look like this on the encyclopedia page:

user posted image

Is this what you guys were thinking?

I was thinking something possibly like this:

Some icons to use:

user posted image

Eye: You have unlocked the evolution line images for that breed.

Paper: You have unlocked all available information on the breed. (Would not show on breed with no additional info?)

Exclamation point: This breed now has more things to unlock than before.

It would look like this on the encyclopedia page:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/h...zpsaa937b65.png

Is this what you guys were thinking?

(I changed the image to a link so my post wouldn't be too long)

Pretty much, but I think the icons shouldn't overlap with the dragons sprite. I think they should be to the side, or above, or below, but not on the dragon sprite.

Pretty much, but I think the icons shouldn't overlap with the dragons sprite. I think they should be to the side, or above, or below, but not on the dragon sprite.

I agree with this. I like the idea of the icons but not if they are covering part of the dragon sprite. I think they could be placed either above or below without interfering much with the layout of the page.

Makes sense. There could be a small blank space underneath the dragon sprites where these would all go.

Sorry, but since I dislike the eye one-it looks creepy to me-can we have like a green check mark instead?

Edited by ylangylang

I'm more for a marking that says we need more information, not ones that show what we've done already. Maybe something simple like a little exclamation point near the bottom, or maybe a little hatching egg sprite that hatches as the entry gets completed, and goes away once it's done.

The icons are definitely a fluid idea, I think just showing that there's support for the idea will help get a general idea of which kind of info would be best to display i.e. completion vs left to complete data.

I am truthfully not sure that I have a preference as to whether it is completed ones or non-completed ones that are marked, HOWEVER, I would be in favor of either way. SOMETHING to indicate which breeds need more work from me yet. wink.gif

Well, as the title suggest, I was thinking about this when checking my encyclopedia entries. The idea is a simple one that, I believe, wouldn't be difficult to code. It consist in adding a simple visual marker (an X, or a warning sign, or something of the sort), in every uncompleted encyclopedia entry in the encyclopedia's main page. That is, something next to the image of a dragon.

The idea behind this is to make it easier to see which entries are not completed without having to go through every single entry, thus making it easier to detect and to work specifically on those entries.

This should apply to every entry that;

- Still has avaliable info to unlock.

- Has a sprite missing.

This would also be very useful when new info is added in the encyclopedia. I have a completed encyclopedia (with the exception of the summer seasonal egg), so I wouldn't worry about say, Terraes, when I know they're completed. I know it says to check back periodically to see if there is new info, but I think it would be more simple and easier to simply add a certain visual sign that signals an entry is uncompleted. That way, you only have to go through the main encyclopedia page without having to click on every single entry.

As it is obvious, the suggestion is open to debate. I believe it is a simple idea from which everyone can benefit, and it would imply little strain to the web's code.

Edited by DragonNighthowler