Butterflyzilla

Wilderness: A "capture" option for adult dragons.

AGAINST strongly against. I release my dragons into the wild. 4th gen tinsels, owning parents after the offspring have grew up.

I don't like the idea of someone taking my time and patience for granted. I hatched those babies and released them AFTER for the fact i knew they wouldn't be taken once grown up.

Ok so I didn't want them on my scroll and tried trading them, but just as easily I could have tossed them into the AP

as frustrated as i get when I see CB golds in the wilderness BUT they are there because their previous owners wanted them to be wild for a reason

it would go against the users who released them's wishes

this could also be used to get discontinued or holiday dragons out of season as well as neglected, GoNs and CB ultra rares without the work attending the holidays or summoning

also this goes against DC basic idea of grab a egg and raise it and TJ has stated that he will not allow this many times

Edited by blockEdragon

I say yes for CBs, no for anything with a lineage, or with children.

Edited by Wahya

Against this. Capturing adult dragons from the wilderness will only serve to take all the good stuff (and even most of the not-so-good stuff) out of the wilderness until there is no wilderness any more. Plus, the really good things (old pinks, frills, hollies...) will be gone before you can even type wilderness, probably all to the same few scrolls. Even if this suggestion is tweaked to only allow x captures in y amount of time, I'm against this for the reason of emptying the wilderness. Plus, DC is about hatching and raising your own dragons, not about someone else doing the deed for you.

Absolutely no support.

as frustrated as i get when I see CB golds in the wilderness BUT they are there because their previous owners wanted them to be wild for a reason

it would go against the users who released them's wishes

unless these previous owners were breaking the rules and got their account burned. I know of at least one user who got burned recently who posted several high-tier trades every day, most of them involving CB golds and/or 2nd/3rd gen checker prize dragons. I cringe at the mere thought at how many CB golds got lost by that one burning. But it doesn't change my stance on a capturing feature. Edited by olympe

Try doing this?

Make it a 70% chance to be caught and 30% chance of failing. There should be 2 Weeks to 1 Month to try again because this can easily spoil the whole point of getting rares fair and patient like getting rare, uncommon dragons easily without earning them the right way.

Edited by kipper

I don't feel this is in the spirit of Dragon Cave. From an in-game perspective, the player is a person who has dedicated their life to raising dragons under the safe assumption that the eggs they took were either taken from adult dragons in the wild at a safe distance or taken after a human had abandoned them to die. I think capturing a dragon is a totally different problem entirely, and given the many dragons of various rarities and ages released I think this would prove more problematic than positive.

In theory, if you don't really think about it, it sounds like a great idea. I'd love a chance to capture adult rares/discontinueds, who wouldn't? But when you really think about it, it starts to get messy. I'm against the idea because of the facts everyone's stated before: everyone would be going for rares; the wildeness would be empty in seconds; the point of the game is to raise your own dragons; etc.

I don't feel this is in the spirit of Dragon Cave. From an in-game perspective, the player is a person who has dedicated their life to raising dragons under the safe assumption that the eggs they took were either taken from adult dragons in the wild at a safe distance or taken after a human had abandoned them to die. I think capturing a dragon is a totally different problem entirely, and given the many dragons of various rarities and ages released I think this would prove more problematic than positive.

Very much this. They are wild. Why should they be available for capture? Raising a dragon takes work. Grabbing an adult is just lazy.

Nope, absolutely no support. It makes no sense from an in-game perspective - wild dragons are unlikely to trust humans. They ran away or were chased away and they live on their own now. From an out-of-game perspective, this is only ever suggested so people can go and grab/breed the rares, and I don't support that either.

Hmmm, not sure if I already posted here, but I'm adding my voice against this suggestion - it's pretty much a given that the capture option would pretty much only be used for preying upon rares, while messies and commons stay on the sidelines until eventually only these type of dragons remained, irreparably damaging the Wilderness forever.

I know it can be frustrating to try to catch/trade for CB Metallics and not having certain CB Hollidays, but depleting the Wilderness because if it is not the way. In the best case, it would be a short term first-come fist-served grabfest with no guarantees that the rare would go to someone who doesn't have one yet (because, let's face it, everyone and their dog would be after them as soon as this'd be enabled) and this period of plenty would only be relevant for the playerbase that would be lucky enough to be active at that time, while those who joined later on would not have this opportunity and would get a desolate Wilderness to admire to boot. I honestly don't see any positive long term consequences here.

Edited by stagazer_7

Hmmm, not sure if I already posted here, but I'm adding my voice against this suggestion - it's pretty much a given that the capture option would pretty much only be used for preying upon rares, while messies and commons stay on the sidelines until eventually only these type of dragons remained, irreparably damaging the Wilderness forever.

I know it can be frustrating to try to catch/trade for CB Metallics and not having certain CB Hollidays, but depleting the Wilderness because if it is not the way. In the best case, it would be a short term first-come fist-served grabfest with no guarantees that the rare would go to someone who doesn't have one yet (because, let's face it, everyone and their dog would be after them as soon as this'd be enabled) and this period of plenty would only be relevant for the playerbase that would be lucky enough to be active at that time, while those who joined later on would not have this opportunity and would get a desolate Wilderness to admire to boot. Not cool at all.

You have put words straight out of my mouth and phrased it in a way I could never. I have no support for this. Besides, isn't the Wilderness is meant to be a hidden page. People who have no idea about the wilderness are at an even bigger disadvantage. DC is clearly trying (and having moderate success) to have an even playing field. This in my opinion would do the opposite.

Edited by Myexternalist