Ansela Jonla

Encyclopedia Helpers

I hear ya. :/ I need the eggs of all the holiday dragons [except for Vampire] for my encyclopedia. :/ Along with the Neglected Dragon egg. >.< Saw three already but still need MOAR. D: And can anyone tell me why there are two lines of dragons for the ND? O.e Are there really two egg variations or am I missing something? O.e BTW each line has three adult dragons each, the male, female, and ungendered. For the life of me I cannot see the difference between each line so I assume it has to do with the as-yet shadowed egg? IDK. >.< So frustrating!!!!

Edit: Oh and I need the Heartstealer hatchlings. -p- Since that happened last year, people just took two adults and didn't freeze [much if] any hatchlings. -p- Blegh. I'll keep my eyes peeled around the next Valentine's day!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

BTW each line has three adult dragons each, the male, female, and ungendered. For the life of me I cannot see the difference between each line so I assume it has to do with the as-yet shadowed egg? IDK. >.< So frustrating!!!!

It's just a variation in adult dragons. Take a careful look at the horns of the three sprites if you want to spot the difference. happy.gif

Edit: Oh, wait, I see what you're saying. I thought that issue was fixed, sorry! smile.gif No, the row duplication is for currently unknown reasons. (I don't have it, though I recall I used to.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I've been having so much fun unlocking the new information! I've never actually had a reason to just sift through random scrolls before this whole Encyclopedia thing. It's a lot funner then I thought it would be.

I'm down to two! I only need Heartseekers and Neglecteds, both need hatchlings to unlock info. And I *still* haven't unlocked the Neglected egg sprite. I think that one will take awhile.

Thanks Pinkgothic! biggrin.gif

Need water walker + whiptail hatchies now :3

@Marie: here's three ND hatchies: http://dragcave.net/lineage/P7q5A http://dragcave.net/lineage/HydiT http://dragcave.net/lineage/SDnp0

If you PM me, I can also point you towards a few people who are very good at making them--perhaps if they get one that turns but dies without hatching, they can link you to the eggshell to view.

If anyone needs more bluna hatchlings, I seem to recall that looking through the children of these or their ancestors gave me a bunch - one advantage to messy lineages is that a lot of the offspring get frozen.

(All linked lineages/progeny pages belong to my dragons.)

Crytptid's ancestors, at first glance, might yield both water walkers and whiptails.

Edited by Mathcat

I hear ya. :/ I need the eggs of all the holiday dragons [except for Vampire] for my encyclopedia. :/ Along with the Neglected Dragon egg. >.<

One dead Neglected egg on my scroll available for clicking rolleyes.gif Dead ones count too I believe. Lineage link (is /view/ linking to dead eggs allowed these days? no idea)

@ADP Have you tried the user with most frozen hatchies in the DC Book of Records? I got most of my hatchie views from her scroll.

Edited by Mirhana

I hear ya. :/ I need the eggs of all the holiday dragons [except for Vampire] for my encyclopedia. :/ Along with the Neglected Dragon egg. >.< Saw three already but still need MOAR. D: And can anyone tell me why there are two lines of dragons for the ND? O.e Are there really two egg variations or am I missing something? O.e BTW each line has three adult dragons each, the male, female, and ungendered. For the life of me I cannot see the difference between each line so I assume it has to do with the as-yet shadowed egg? IDK. >.< So frustrating!!!!

I have no idea why there are two lines, now that you mention it... the eggs aren't different, and all the adults look identical to the ones in the second line. Perhaps they meant to separate the NDs out into three different lines, one for each adult, and forgot to finish it? Idk, that's just a guess since they revised a lot of the entries to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if one slipped by them and they're planning to fix it in a future update.

Also, other than the aforementioned Holidays I'm just down to needing Whiptail hatchlings. Hurrah!

Edited by silver_chan

I'm a little late to help with the whiptail hatchlings you needed but in case someone else needs them I have about 50 on page 15 (500 per scroll) of my scroll (whiptail hatchlings and dragon horse hatchlings are ones I really like to "collect")

Not sure if you've already looked at my whiptail hatchlings but here's this post I made earlier.

Not sure if you've already looked at my whiptail hatchlings but here's this post I made earlier.

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed, now the Whiptails are unlocked. Hurrah! I'm so pleased, lol. Now I can get ready for Halloween without feeling rushed xd.png

One dead Neglected egg on my scroll available for clicking rolleyes.gif Dead ones count too I believe. Lineage link (is /view/ linking to dead eggs allowed these days? no idea)

@ADP Have you tried the user with most frozen hatchies in the DC Book of Records? I got most of my hatchie views from her scroll.

Thank you thank you thank you!! The Neglected egg sprite *finally* unlocked for me!! I'm so flipping excited about this!

(is /view/ linking to dead eggs allowed these days? no idea)

I don't know if the rules are any different for dead eggs, but for the purposes of unlocking encyclopedia entries linking the /view/ page directly doesn't work. We'll have to manually change the link to /lineage/ and then click through to /view/ for it to count. So it's best to just link the lineage page to begin with. smile.gif

Sorry if this is super dumb, but what's your scroll name? I don't see a link in your sig and the scroll "rubyshoes" only has one dragon on it. D:

Sorry if this is super dumb, but what's your scroll name? I don't see a link in your sig and the scroll "rubyshoes" only has one dragon on it. D:

It's llyoung - http://dragcave.net/user/llyoung When I'm on line a link in my signature (the egg drop soup scroll banner - "black box") is there but if I log off the internet or am going out for a while I tend to hide the scroll but most of the time it should be linked in my signature. I've noticed that EDS is having a lot of up/down time when it is down the link still goes to my scroll - it is the last link in my signature and when EDS is down it just says "user posted image".

edit: Yeah, someone else got the scroll name "rubyshoes" before I could sad.gif which is really a surprise I wouldn't have thought anyone else would want it.

Edited by rubyshoes

One dead Neglected egg on my scroll available for clicking rolleyes.gif Dead ones count too I believe. Lineage link

Thank you! smile.gif I've now seen 4 of them. HOPEFULLY one more will unlock it! biggrin.gif I still have those strange two lines. >.>? I wonder if they just forgot to separate the different adults or something like silver_chan said? If that's so I hope I don't have to see MORE ND eggs to unlock the image on the other lines too? D: GODS NO PLEASE ;-;

Wait I hadn't seen that there was already an update so I had just mentioned what I had already missing before the update. DRAT. I've been working my BUTT off to get the updates for many of the dragons. dry.gif Luckily some were already updated since I had already seen so many of that breed before the descriptions came in but some like the Flamingoes were SO ANNOYING. >.< I finally resorted to looking up TJ09's dragons here and finding his Flamingo Thuwed and looking through all its children and descendents. FINALLY that unlocked it all for me! WHOOT WHOOT! I DID end up with a total of 250 adults observed. WTF?! >-<

Currently I still need:

Adults -

Anagallis

Coastal Waverunner

Gold-Horned Tanager

Hatchlings -

Waterwalker

Ice

Green

Royal Crimson (17 more wtf?!?!)

Lumina (20 more?! Stoppit!)

Whiptail

Olive

Heartseeker

I still have to unlock sprites of ~ (I won't even look at how many description/info unlocks I'm missing)

S2 Crimson Flare Pygmy

S2 Red Gemshard Dragon

S2 Glaucus Drake

S1 and S2 Glory Drake (Day)

S2 Grave Dragon

S2 Howler Drake

S2 Misfit Pygmy

S2 Olive Dragon

S2 Royal Blue Dragon

S2 Seawyrm Pygmy

S2 Turpentine Dragon

S2 Two-Headed Dragon

S2 Two-headed Lindwurm (Green)

S2 Yellow-Crowned Dragon

So anyone knows someone with a big frozen hatchies army? smile.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Have you tried the user with most frozen hatchies in the DC Book of Records? Not sure she wants her scroll to be linked, but both the old and the new DC Records thread have been a great help tracking down whatever species I needed.

Army searches will help with the less common ones, but I got most of my unlocks from lurking in AoND and other hatcheries over a couple of hours. It took a bit longer, but I provided a community service too. wink.gif

Royal Crimson (17 more wtf?!?!)

Lumina (20 more?! Stoppit!)

Whiptail

Just wait; I had to find a total of *80* whiptail hatchies for the whole entry. x_x

(Same for Neglecteds, though that's technically three sets of sprites.)

Edited by Gryphonic

Have you tried the user with most frozen hatchies in the DC Book of Records? Not sure she wants her scroll to be linked, but both the old and the new DC Records thread have been a great help tracking down whatever species I needed.

Thank you, that really helped a lot biggrin.gif

The only sprite unlocks I still miss now are ~

S2 Two-headed Lindwurm (Green)

S2 Glory Drake (Day)

S2 Red Gemshard Dragon

Also is there a way to unlock Neglected egg without trying to experiment by yourself?

Same for Day/Night based dragons (Sunrise/Sunset/Glory Drakes) ~ I will never be able to unlock them by myself due to my time zone... unless I pull an all-nighter dry.gif (same for night form Spirit Wards and Nocturne dragons)

Also is there a way to unlock Neglected egg without trying to experiment by yourself?

Same for Day/Night based dragons (Sunrise/Sunset/Glory Drakes) ~ I will never be able to unlock them by myself due to my time zone... unless I pull an all-nighter  dry.gif (same for night form Spirit Wards and Nocturne dragons)

You can unlock any sprite by viewing other people's dragons, though I'm not sure how many viewed eggs equal owning one. Edit: Viewed five Waterhorse eggs to unlock the sprite (I've owned none). Looking around my encyclopedia I think it's the same for all species. And I'm missing 3/4 of Spirit Ward sprites too :/

2nd edit @Ha-Ki That was me wink.gif I'll repost the lineage link.

Edited by Mirhana