TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

I do not feel like going on a goose chase to go found which one you did not mock xd.png (I already did though and all I found was Pyrope and PyralSpite)...

Good call. It would be a pyrrhic victory.

¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Ooh, pretty hatchies. Congrats, TCA (And any other artist(s) that may be hiding on the adult credits tongue.gif)!

I'm a bit confused by their hatchie descriptions, though. Garnets aren't exactly common to find laying around. Where do these hatchies get all those gemstones from? xd.png

Actually, garnets are pretty common. Maybe not the eye-clean, gem-quality ones, but I read someplace that people used to make bullets out of them because they thought the red color would make the target bleed more. blink.gif Difficult to do that if they're not easy to find. It's also one of the least expensive birthstones.

Of course, that depends on the color. That orange color of egg we can find on the coast? Translated to a real garnet it would be much more valuable. The reds and purples, not quite as much (the reds least of all).

This is my birthstone so I'm a little bit of a geek about it. biggrin.gif

(And I've thought for some time that having birthstone dragons wouldn't be a horrible idea. Or Zodiac dragons maybe.)

Actually, garnets are pretty common. Maybe not the eye-clean, gem-quality ones, but I read someplace that people used to make bullets out of them because they thought the red color would make the target bleed more. blink.gif Difficult to do that if they're not easy to find. It's also one of the least expensive birthstones.

Of course, that depends on the color. That orange color of egg we can find on the coast? Translated to a real garnet it would be much more valuable. The reds and purples, not quite as much (the reds least of all).

This is my birthstone so I'm a little bit of a geek about it. biggrin.gif

(And I've thought for some time that having birthstone dragons wouldn't be a horrible idea. Or Zodiac dragons maybe.)

Birthstone dragons would be cool. I'd be up for that.

Aaaand of course I missed the alpines eggs. :< Got three of the other ones though. Please tell me these aren't like the coppers D:

Edited by DarkFire1

Is it just me, or do the Volcano and Alpine ones look identical?

Is it just me, or do the Volcano and Alpine ones look identical?

A lot of people are having trouble telling the difference between them. I don't remember which pages we posted the images side by side and either enlarged them or pointed out the best places to look. I personally find the difference most obvious if you look at the bottom right of the eggs. =)

user posted image

user posted image

These are the 2 posted enlarged. Do not know if it helps...

The Alpine eggs are more purple/pinkish and the volcano ones are more orangeish. (look at the bottom)

My computer couldn't connect to the internet yesteraday and today the biomes are filled with ordinary eggs. Are the Garnets still dropping? Does this mean that Garnets are relatively uncommon/rare?

My computer couldn't connect to the internet yesteraday and today the biomes are filled with ordinary eggs. Are the Garnets still dropping? Does this mean that Garnets are relatively uncommon/rare?

They are dropping on the 5s in the Alpine, Coast and Volcano but they're getting snapped up quickly and of course you've got other breeds in there. Good luck getting some.

Must... catch... another Coast egg... I need 2 of each, but wow Coast eggs go by really fast. 8'D

They are dropping on the 5s in the Alpine, Coast and Volcano but they're getting snapped up quickly and of course you've got other breeds in there. Good luck getting some.

Thanks, and wow these polished stones really disappear fast.

I just got 3 more volcano ones. (and a misclicked hellfire. Because the descriptions totally look alike, self. rolleyes.gif ) I might see about trading two of them for other varieties.

I got 2 volcano ones(and I think I could have gotten another, but I was saving my spot for the coast and the alpine ones). Volcano garnets seems to be easier to get than the others xd.png

I just saw 9 new eggs drop over the course of a minute in the Volcano biome, so I don't think they are rare. You just have to be patient for people to pick up normal eggs and move the cave along.

Edited by Jazeki

I was sick yesterday, but I managed to get 2 of each today. I hope these aren't as hard to get as Coppers later on, because I like to have 4 CBs of each variety. I still haven't gotten my second pair of CB Green Coppers.

The new eggs do seem to be easiest to catch at the Volcano, and hardest to catch at the Coast. Which is odd, because there are fewer types of eggs in the Coast biome.

I'm surprised the hatcheries aren't completely overwhelmed with these guys. I've got an egg slot opening in an hour, so I'll probably try to catch another from the Alpine.

I'm a bit disappointed that the winged hatchies are brighter than the stage ones, as I do prefer the deeper colors. I'm sure the adults will be pretty, as are all DC sprites, but the eggs really caught my attention and it's a bit disappointing that they're straying from those original colors.

Oh well. smile.gif